PDA

View Full Version : OOTS as Game of Thrones characters

t209
2014-08-10, 09:59 AM
So previously, I did a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-241281.html) about OOTS characters as Game of Throne/ A Song of Ice and Fire characters. Here's an update, now that I knew more about it.
Lord Hinjo- Robb Stark (Wolf, that is all)
Thanh- Ned Stark (both of them died, the end)
Niuh- Sansa Stark (Well, both of them are last survivor of the group)
Elan- Renly Baratheon (Sweet personality)
O-Chul- Stannis Baratheon (Rough and gritty, other than that I don't know)
Lien or Julian Scoundrel- Oberyn Martell (The former due to spear and the latter being lecherous)
Thog- Gregor Clegane (The Orcs that Talks Funny)
Nale and Sabine- Lannister Twins (well, I did want to make a couple to play those :smallyuk:)
Kobold Prophet- Tyrion Lannister
Celia- Daenarys
?- Jorah Mormont
Belkar- Khal Drogo (Barbarian, though Belkar's more blood thirsty)
Dragon Queen- Robert Baratheon (Glutton)
So any Addendum?

CletusMusashi
2014-08-16, 12:51 PM
I'd say Belkar is Ramsay Snow.
And, much as I hate to break up a pairing, the best fit for Nale is probably Littlefinger.
I suppose Grubwiggler could be Qyburn.
Haley is a female, chaotic, red-headed archer, so, Ygrette.
I like Julio as Oberynn, but he could also be Salador. Either one works fine.
Tarquin as Tywin Lannister, maybe?

Draxonicar
2014-08-16, 03:12 PM
I think The Hound is a far better fit for Belkar than Ramsay Snow.

Ramsay has far too much of his self-worth tied up in his daddy issues and intense desire to gain legitimacy. Belkar has absolutely no regard for authority whatsoever, and couldn't give a damn about his bloodline, any potential lands or power beyond the ability to stab things to death.

Lathund
2014-08-16, 04:42 PM
I second Hinjo, Julian Scoundrel, Thog, the Dragon Queen (who's not only a glutton, but also a monarch of formerly impressive nature), Grubwiggler and Haley.

Tarquin as Tywin Lannister makes sense, but he'd also make an excellent Littlefinger. Cunning, plotting behind the king-in-name... it fits both. On the one hand, Tywin is the battle-hardened veteran who keeps on mumbling about family. On the other hand, he's hardly the guy for quips, marrying women to gain power etc.

If Haley is Ygritte, shouldn't Elan be Jon Snow? They both know nothing :P

How about V for Lord Varys? They're both forces to be reckoned with, loyal to their respective causes and of ambiguous gender.

I guess Durkon would make for a fine maester. Maester Luwin specifically: wise and loyal. And eventually dead. Alternatively, Davos?

Ned Stark... rather than Thanh, I'd probably go with the Cliffport police officer. They both investigate a murder and end up beheaded.

Maybe Eugene Greenhilt would be an interesting Tywin? Pater Familias, dead but formerly powerful, also unresolved family issues... Although that does give me weird thoughts about Roy and Julia.

Jay R
2014-08-18, 09:34 AM
Three guesses for Belkar already, and nobody's mentioned the hilarious three-foot-tall murderer who escaped from prison?

Yes, I know. Tyrion's not enough of a fighter. But my real point is that the characters in Game of Thrones are all sufficiently different from those in the Order of the Stick that no real comparisons can be made.

But this gives me an idea for an entire StickTales book. The Order each take turns telling part of the same story, and they each use different OotS characters for Game of Thrones. This would parallel the way the book is written, since each chapter would be from a different point of view.

This also would allow us to compare who Roy thinks is Tywin with who Belkar or Haley does.

Or possibly Roy begins by telling the story of a great hero, casting himself as Eddard Stark, and Belkar continues it and do I really have to tell you what happens to Ned?

Aedilred
2014-08-19, 08:22 AM
:miko: <--- Stannis

But like Jay R says, you can't really map them across in any meaningful sense, because they're completely different stories and different characters. There might be room for a parody version in which different characters assume roles within the ASoIaF world, but in that case (like the previous Stick Tales) they'd be bringing at least as much of their own character with them as they would be taking on the character of the role they play.

Quild
2014-08-19, 09:27 AM
Lord Hinjo- Robb Stark
Thanh- Ned Stark
Julian Scoundrel- Oberyn Martell
Thog- Gregor Clegane
Nale and Sabine- Lannister Twins
Dragon Queen- Robert Baratheon

These are those I like. And Miko would be a perfect Stannis.
For Nale and Sabine, Sabine would be the Jaime-like and Nale be the Cersei-like.
I disliked the Robert one at first, but they both had been fierce warriors once and went decadent while reigning. And they're both fooled by their advisors.

Niuh- Sansa Stark (Well, both of them are last survivor of the group)
Elan- Renly Baratheon (Sweet personality)
O-Chul- Stannis Baratheon (Rough and gritty, other than that I don't know)
Lien - Oberyn Martell
Kobold Prophet- Tyrion Lannister
Celia- Daenarys
Belkar- Khal Drogo (Barbarian, though Belkar's more blood thirsty)
These, I don not agree with.
Niu (not Niuh I think) has nothing to see with Sansa. I kinda despise Sansa. Niu is really competent and autonomous. Nothing like Sansa.
Elan, well, yes, Renly had a sweet personnality, but he wanted to be a ruler, which Elan don't. At all.
Miko makes a better Stannis than O'Chul, and, well, I don't see O'chul that rough. Maybe O'chul would be... Brienne :smallconfused:. But without that lousy scene in the eyrie.
Julio (not Julian) is a better Oberyn than Lien. It's not perfect for Julio but Lien doesn't fit at all.
Kobold = Tyrion because of the imp thing? Nooo, Tyrion is Redcloak.
Celia is absolutely no Daenerys. Daenerys is less evil than Xykon, but has the same level of incompetence (still has power) and relies the same on others.
Belkar is Gregor. He obeys order and enjoys to evil while doing it. He's less impressive physically, but with Bloodfeast, it's perfect.
Aaaaand, being glutton does not make enough ressemblance. Even if they both had been fierce warriors

Aedilred
2014-08-19, 10:13 AM
O'Chul is probably closest to Barristan, I think. Brienne is another option, but he's a lot less naive than her.

Tsukiko -> Qyburn?

As a twist, would Master Fyron be Rhaegar, Eugene Viserys, and, therefore, Roy Daenerys? (Elan can be Jorah). :smallwink:

CletusMusashi
2014-08-20, 12:07 AM
Obviously, Mr. Scruffy is Ser Pounce. If Tommen starts killing people left and right next season, that means we'll have a perfect fit for Belkar. If not...

Got to admit I like the Belkar equals Tyrion argument. Tyrion has killed a good number of people, and Belkar does like frolicking with whores.

Sam... could be Elan. Put aside their differences in charisma/physique/etc, and what you're left with is two naive but very nice kids who care a lot more about helping people than they do about following rules.

Margaery (insert husband of the week's name here) could be Julia Greenhilt. Charismatic, socially adept, willing to use cleavage for advancement, and able to work with either good or evil if it's in her interest.

Tsukiko is Lysa. Crazy as hell, gleefully murderous, and with some very inappropriate maternal urges.

Possibly Sabine as Mellisandre. Works with demons? Check. Supernatural powers? Check. Humungous tramp, even if Haley doesn't choose to say so at just this moment? Yup. That too.

LuisDantas
2014-08-20, 12:24 AM
Hinjo -> Ned Stark (true nobles facing terrible loss and disappointment from powerful loved ones)

Roy -> Brienne (virtuous warriors with a lot to learn about the world)

Xykon -> Stannis Baratheon (dangerous spoiled self-important brats used to bossing people around; both are ultimately the greatest dangers to their worlds, albeit indirectly)

Tarquin -> Tywin Lannister (sadistic, manipulative would-be monarchs with good military instincts; also, both see their own relatives as just tools to further their glory)

Belkar -> Ramsay Snow (sadism personified)

Shojo -> Littlefinger (way too aware of the worst side of politics for anyone's good)

Miko -> The Mountain (loose cannon with little taste for anything but fights and glory)

Haley -> Arya (fundamentally an innocent that keeps finding herself in situations that threaten to corrupt her)

Vaarsuvius -> Robb Stark (loyal, powerful and well-meaning, yet too reckless for their own goods)

Nale -> Sersei (fundamentally dishonest and self-serving, yet ultimately naive and way out of their depths)

Durkon -> Thoros of Myr (often forgotten and conflicted, loyal and well-meaning, powerful yet naive and over-ruled)

Elan -> Sansa (about as well-meaning as the world allows, yet keeps screwing up, about half the time for no fault of their own; nevertheless, has been growing steadily into a force to be reckoned with)

Redcloak -> Jaime Lannister (terribly messed up values, but ultimately an idealist despite unforgivable mistakes of the past; going through dramatic redemption archs that may well end up being futile)

Jirix -> Margaery Tyrell (naive public face, but in reality a cunning and manipulative person with hidden fires and ill-understood motivations that has managed to seemingly almost by accident reach a position of power)

MitD -> Daenerys (very powerful through no fault of their own; don't really know what they are doing, manipulated left and right, but may well turn out to escape the grasp of their handlers when they are least prepared to deal with that)

Thanh -> Lord Beric Dondarrion (doomed paladin, honorable to their tragic ends)

Mr. Scruffy -> Davos (well meaning, has a very bad habit of being loyal to people who did nothing to deserve support)

Azure City -> The Citadel (impressive community of do-gooders, has a far worse reputation than one would expect, despite some admitedly tragic mistakes of judgement in the past)

martianmister
2014-08-20, 04:56 PM
Tyrion = Redcloak
Cersei = Tsukiko
Daenerys = Elan
Arya = Niu
Jon Snow = Haley
Sansa = Celia
Jorah = Therkla
Jaime = MitD
Hound = Enor/Gannji
Mountain = Thog
Tywin = Xykon
Theon = Roy
Joffrey = Belkar
Tommen = Mr Scruffy
Catelyn = Durkon
Bran = Vaarsuvius
Samwell = Kazumi
Littlefinger = Kubota
Varys = Tarquin
Robb = Hinjo
Brienne = Lien
Bronn = Right-Eye
Podrick = Jirix
Shae = Hilgya
Gendry/Hot Pie = Inkyrius
Mance = Ian
Ygritte = Crystal
Tormund = Hank
Three-eyed Raven = Blackwing
Margaery = Laurin
Loras = Miron
Renly = Empress of Blood
Stannis = Miko
Missandei = Kilkil
Davos = O-Chul
Melisandre = Malack
Iron Bank = IFCC
Gilly = Daigo
Jeor Mormont = General Chang
Talisa = Jenny
Khal Drogo = Samantha
Salladhor = Bandana
Eddard = Thanh
Roose Bolton = Yikyik
Ramsay Snow = Yukyuk
Daario Naharis = Sabine
Robert Baratheon = Shojo
Syrio Forel = Julio Scoundrel
Viserys = Nale
Beric = Shadowdancer
Thoros = Redaxe
Robin = Eric
Lysa = Sara
Locke = Bozzok
Balon = Eugene
Yara = Julia

Mike Havran
2014-08-21, 05:08 PM
Spoilers alert

I agree with many suggestions and also that some characters simply don't have their appropriate counterpart (yet)

Hinjo is great for Robb Stark
I think Elan is good fit for Sansa. Life is not a song and all that.
Miko - Stannis is a great fit.
Belkar - Armory Lorch. Both enjoy stabbing innocents.
Tarquin ~ Tywin Lannister minus quirks. Nale and Sabine would roughly fit as Jamie and Cersei.
Tsukiko and Viserys are both silly brats who should have known better than to challenge tougher foes.
Durkon resembles Thoros.
Roy could be either Old Mormont, or Jon Snow.
Ned Stark and Soon Kim seem to have similar personality.

t209
2014-08-22, 09:23 PM
Tyrion = Redcloak
Cersei = Tsukiko
Daenerys = Elan
Arya = Niu
Jon Snow = Haley
Sansa = Celia
Jorah = Therkla
Jaime = MitD
Hound = Enor/Gannji
Mountain = Thog
Tywin = Xykon
Theon = Roy
Joffrey = Belkar
Tommen = Mr Scruffy
Catelyn = Durkon
Bran = Vaarsuvius
Samwell = Kazumi
Littlefinger = Kubota
Varys = Tarquin
Robb = Hinjo
Brienne = Lien
Bronn = Right-Eye
Podrick = Jirix
Shae = Hilgya
Gendry/Hot Pie = Inkyrius
Mance = Ian
Ygritte = Crystal
Tormund = Hank
Three-eyed Raven = Blackwing
Margaery = Laurin
Loras = Miron
Renly = Empress of Blood
Stannis = Miko
Missandei = Kilkil
Davos = O-Chul
Melisandre = Malack
Iron Bank = IFCC
Gilly = Daigo
Jeor Mormont = General Chang
Talisa = Jenny
Khal Drogo = Samantha
Salladhor = Bandana
Eddard = Thanh
Roose Bolton = Yikyik
Ramsay Snow = Yukyuk
Daario Naharis = Sabine
Robert Baratheon = Shojo
Syrio Forel = Julio Scoundrel
Viserys = Nale
Beric = Shadowdancer
Thoros = Redaxe
Robin = Eric
Lysa = Sara
Locke = Bozzok
Balon = Eugene
Yara = Julia
Oops, I think I mixed Arya with the disney-princess-wannabe.