PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Techromancy, seperate leveling for crafting for crafting-centric games (PEACH)

ThatOneKid
2014-08-10, 02:18 PM
In a upcoming d&d 3.5e campaign, i'm planning on making a campaign with a lot of freedom, item wise. Players will be able to design and create, assuming sufficient materials, time and a explanation as to how it would work, any weapon, armor, or magic item they please.

This would be accomplished by a seperate leveling track for XP related to research and use of craftable items, with the benifit being skill points to use on crafting skills. These skills could be combined and used in any way the players saw fit, and part of player creation would be what crafting skills they would focus on.

However, i'm actually pretty new to custom creation on this level, and I want to run the first draft by a group of people who do know what they're doing. Therefore, you all get to have a field day: I've made copies of the ruleset on Google Docs, put it in a folder, and made it open to comments and editing. I'd prefer it if you would notate any changes or notes you make as you go, though, through the comment system.

Here you go! (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B47iqNPN2pxAQ01FRDl3Y1JKN1E&usp=sharing)

Thanks for looking this over. I'll also be running the original ruleset past some friends of mine, after possibly taking some of your changes (if you make any) and moving them over to the originals.