PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paladin Vigilante archetype: Rogue? Wizard? No he's clearly a Paladin!

deuxhero
2014-08-10, 02:59 PM
I always wanted a Paladin archetype with more skill points, and I saw the Sow Terror feat so...

Vigilante Training (Ex):A vigilante gains 6 skill ranks + a number of skill ranks equal to her Intelligence modifier at each level, instead of the normal 2 skill ranks + Intelligence modifier at each level. Furthermore, Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, Knowledge (Engineering), Knowledge (Local), Sleight of Hand and Stealth are all class skills for the vigilante.

This ability replaces proficiency with medium armor, heavy armor, and shields.

Necessary Force (Ex): A vigilante does not take the normal –4 penalty on an attack roll when dealing when striking to inflict nonlethal damage

Strike Terror (Ex): At 3rd level, the vigilante gains Sow Terror as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. Any fear inflicted by a vigilante lasts a number of extra rounds equal to 1/3rd her vigilante level.

At 8th level the vigilante may use Sow Terror as a free action instead of a standard action.

This ability replaces aura of courage and aura of resolve.

SowZ
2014-08-11, 02:00 AM
I always wanted a Paladin archetype with more skill points, and I saw the Sow Terror feat so...

Vigilante Training (Ex):A vigilante gains 6 skill ranks + a number of skill ranks equal to her Intelligence modifier at each level, instead of the normal 2 skill ranks + Intelligence modifier at each level. Furthermore, Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, Knowledge (Engineering), Knowledge (Local), Sleight of Hand and Stealth are all class skills for the vigilante.

This ability replaces proficiency with medium armor, heavy armor, and shields.

Necessary Force (Su): A vigilante does not take the normal –4 penalty on an attack roll when dealing when striking to inflict nonlethal damage

Strike Terror (Ex): At 3rd level, the vigilante gains Sow Terror as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. Any fear inflicted by a vigilante lasts a number of extra rounds equal to 1/3rd her vigilante level.

At 8th level the vigilante may use Sow Terror as a free action instead of a standard action.

This ability replaces aura of courage and aura of resolve.

So is this an attempt to make a vigilante Paladin or Batman?

deuxhero
2014-08-11, 06:55 PM
Both?

A Paladin who can work in urban campaigns (instead of merely traveling the world as a murder hobo) with inspiration from Batman.

TheIronGolem
2014-08-11, 07:49 PM
I like it, but why is Necessary Force supernatural?

deuxhero
2014-08-11, 08:22 PM
Originally meant for it to modify smite and only effect the target of your smite, but realized how useless that would be.

Thinking of replacing Lay on Hands with alchemist bombs, but only for special effects from discoveries (which replace mercies)