PDA

View Full Version : Better Lucky than Good

Jervas Dudley
2007-03-05, 03:21 PM
I've been kicking around a character concept in my head for a while now. The idea was to make a character based around being lucky. Got complete scoundrel and loved the idea of the luck feats and the Fortune's Friend prestige class. Action points and the Extreme Explorer in Eberron also interested me. I was thinking 4 levels of ranger (to get into extreme explorer as fast as possible), 4 levels of extreme explorer (the fifth level is just a bonus feat, not particularly useful) and then fortune's friend.

The problem I have is that after looking at it closer I couldn't figure out his use. EE and FF only have a 3/4 BAB and neither grant amazing combat abilities. I just don't know how useful he would be, his luck feats and action points will make him to be extremely hard to kill, but I'm just not sure what his role would be. Does anyone have any idea what would make him more useful?

daggaz
2007-03-05, 03:23 PM
Dunno, dont have those books, but dont forget about the luck domain for clerics. might be fun to toss that in as well.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-05, 03:25 PM
Can you make the reqs for Extreme Explorer as a bard, maybe? That'd give you a fifth-mannish quality.

Conversely, you may want to look at some of the entries to this month's PrC Contest. See the link in my sig.

Falrin
2007-03-05, 03:43 PM
As I may suggest a build I'm currently playing with:

Tallfellow Halfling (Feat instead of +1 on saves)

6th LvL cleric of tymora,
Domains: Travel & Luck

PrC # Auspician (Faith & Pantheons)
Prereq:
Luck domain
Base save +5 FS & +2 RS
Dodge, Lightning reflexes, Great fortitude, Iron will.

Luckbased thingies

Luck domain: Reroll 1/day & 'Luck'spells
Saves: skyhigh
Ausp.
Fate domain: 'Fate'spells
Reroll any roll (enemy or ally) 1/day
Thyche's Curse: 50% lose action (or other) #/day
Lucky blow +20 - 30 on 1 attack
At LvL 20 autosave 1/Day

Also I'm running around with a rod of wonders and a coin to make the though decissions for me (Head or Tail)

cupkeyk
2007-03-05, 04:17 PM
Tallfellow halflings are now basically Strongheart halfling? Odd...

Halflings can access the Luckstealer PRC which lets you steal other people's luck so you can spend them for your daily reroll uses. Start with a halfling hexblade so you can work on the fluff how he began his career investigating the nature of badluck before finally reaching his full potential with manipulating fortune. There is also Fatespinner to consider.

I recommend the Fighter. He can drop any non-fighter feat for a luck feat while still being an effective fighter. He can still qualify for fortune's friend very easily and from there work into extreme explorer.