PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mantle of Spells pick for my Dweomerkeeper

Max Caysey
2014-08-11, 07:35 AM
I was wondering if I could have the help of this great community to help me pick and chooe the best spells for this ability. I would say that I'm not particular looking for cheese, but if it happens to be cheese thats fine. I have already an idea of what would be good but I would like your help.

I'm thinking in terms of both cleric and Wizard spells from level 0-9.

What would you guys choose?

Thanks

sleepyphoenixx
2014-08-11, 08:04 AM
Celerity, Friendly Fire, Teleport or Dimension Door, Greater Dispel (or another dispel) and True Casting would be my choices.
All are generally useful in combat situations but you rarely know just how many you'll need to prepare for a day. Spells that aren't time critical can be taken care of by leaving a few slots free.

Max Caysey
2014-08-11, 06:25 PM
THanks... That are some nice spells.

Personally I had: Teleport Without Error, Celerity, Shapechange, Wish, Mordenkainen's Disjunction.

Tell me what you think?

Aegis013
2014-08-11, 06:54 PM
I'm generally a fan of removing XP requirements from excellent but overlooked (due to XP cost) spells with the Dweomerkeeper.

The one that springs to mind is Alter Fortune.

Chambers
2014-08-11, 10:40 PM
Most OP: Wish, Miracle, Ice Assassin, etc

Interesting: Mineralize Warrior, Vision.

jiriku
2014-08-12, 12:13 AM
I prefer alter fortune, celerity, greater dispel magic, limited wish, and perhaps replicate casting. These are all spells for which you never know when you'll need them or how many you'll need exactly, but often having one at the right time turns the tide of a fight, prevents a character death, or solved a problem the party wouldn't otherwise have the resources to solve at that moment.