PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Cranking up the DC on psionic powers

RealMarkP
2014-08-11, 09:21 AM
Some powers allow you to up the DC based on extra PP usage. Others don't. What other ways can I up the DC on a power (or all powers)?

Vaz
2014-08-11, 09:39 AM
(Greater) Psionic Endowment is effectively (Greater) Spell Focus, but you must expend your psionic focus.
Improving your 'festing stat.
Being a Mantled Erudite, Wilder, Divine Mind, Warrior, or Ardent get access to Magic Mantle, which allows feats which benefits from generic spell boosting (i.e, not those which specify a particular type of casting, like divine/arcane etc), but that's more down to an unforeseen interaction between how badly it was written and CharOp than anything else, really (personally, I rule nope, as there is the spell to power erudite to get spells as powers, which is enough for me, without having someone jump through hoops of dodgy RAW).

Ask your DM for Psionic Endowment to be augmented into a metapsionic Heighten.

RealMarkP
2014-08-11, 09:49 AM
Through story, my DM has awarded me with one mantle free of charge. But I don't think I really need to gain the Magic Mantle because the DM said that spells and powers are basically the same. I can apply spell feats to powers and vice versa.

Also, there already is a Metapsionic Heighten feat, so why should I ask the DM to change Psionic Endowment?

Psyren
2014-08-11, 09:54 AM
For powers whose DC goes up with augmentation, anything that lets you augment more will help. This includes raising your ML cap (i.e. raising your caster level, so feats like Overchannel, or items like Bead of Karma and Orange Ioun Stone) as well as lowering your PP costs (e.g. feats like Midnight Augmentation and Earth Power, and items like Torc of Power Preservation.)

Another way is the Soul Manifester PrC, which lets you invest essentia into a power, raising both its ML and its DC when you finally manifest it. This lets you double-dip, because it raises the DC directly and then allows you to raise it further once you spend more PP on it. This is another reason why I enjoy entering SM with Wilders.

Also, there already is a Metapsionic Heighten feat, so why should I ask the DM to change Psionic Endowment?

Are you talking about 3.0? Because there is not one in 3.5.

Rubik
2014-08-11, 09:55 AM
The charming veil soulmeld boost DCs for [Charm] powers (ie, Psionic Charm).

Ability Focus (Psionics) boosts the DCs for all of your manifestations.

Psionatrices (singular: psionatrix) are items that boost the DCs for specific psionic disciplines.

The Illithid Compulsion feat (CPsi) boosts your DCs for [Compulsion] powers.