PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew?

DiBastet
2014-08-11, 09:32 AM
No feats, no sub-classes, not even cool backgrounds? It's been two days, I was expecting to see at least something, but so far I found only an alchemist convertion, and that's from before the official release. :smalleek:

HorridElemental
2014-08-11, 09:40 AM
Well over in the homebrew section I've seen a few things.

I saw Magic of Incarnum and Tome of Battle homebrew not to long ago.

Yuki Akuma
2014-08-11, 09:42 AM
The PHB isn't actually out yet. Everyone who has it now got it from a store that got to sell it early.

1of3
2014-08-11, 12:47 PM
At Tanelorn.net a friend requested a Wilden / Killoren. I whipped something up in a few minutes:

Wilden / Killoren
+1 Dex, +2 Wis
Speed: 30 ft.

Darkvision
Affinity for Nature: You are trained in the Nature skill and either Survival or Animal Handling.

Aspect of Nature: After a long rest, you can manifest one of the following three Aspects of Nature. The benefits remain until you manifest another aspect:
- Aspect of the Ancient: Your hair turns white, your eyes turn blue. You double your Proficiency Bonus with the Nature skill. You have Advantage on Saving Throws against Charms.
- Aspect of the Destroyer: Your hair and eyes turn black. You deal an additional d6 on a critical hit. This ability does not work against Plants, Elementals or the Fey.
- Aspect of the Hunter: Your hair and eyes turn green. You ignore difficult terrain. You have advantage to hide in natural environments.

Totally untested.

Jenckes
2014-08-11, 02:25 PM
I wrote up that alchemist because I needed one, but honestly I haven't needed anything else. I feel like it's a fairly complete PHB. Most of the archetypes I want to see are fairly attainable by multiclassing or ones I wasn't that interested in in the first place. It helps that I was never a huge fan of psionics.

Is there anything you really feel like fans need to add to the system already?

HorridElemental
2014-08-11, 02:29 PM
I wrote up that alchemist because I needed one, but honestly I haven't needed anything else. I feel like it's a fairly complete PHB. Most of the archetypes I want to see are fairly attainable by multiclassing or ones I wasn't that interested in in the first place. It helps that I was never a huge fan of psionics.

Is there anything you really feel like fans need to add to the system already?

Psionics, Magic of Incarnum, and Tome of Battle.

All the redheaded stepchildren (like me!) of D&D.

Battle Master looks good for low level play (3-6 ish) but really doesn't have the oomph to be as cool as spells or keep up with spells.