PDA

View Full Version : Finishing out a Walker in the Waste Build

KingAtomsk
2014-08-11, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone - I'm looking for ideas to finish out a build I am currently playing in a 3.5 campaign based in the same setting as the Red Hand of Doom campaign (which we just completed).
My character is an Asherati from the Thorn Waste, who is taking pilgrimage as a member of the Dusty Conclave by travelling with the adventuring party. The party's current goal is to stop the invasion of the Ether Gaunt (Fiend Folio, for those interested), and my character's eventual goal is to conspire with other Liches to establish a kingdom of undead to serve Atropus, whom he worships and hopes to serve.
I am currently level 17, with the following build so far:

Cloistered Cleric 1/Sha'ir 4/Ur-Priest 2/Walker in the Waste 10

Feats:
Extend Spell (Flaw)
Persistent Spell (Flaw)
Heat Endurance (Asherati Racial Bonus)
Spell Focus [Evil] (Level 1)
Divine Metamagic [Persistent Spell] (Level 3)
Extra Turning (Level 6)
Practiced Spellcaster (Level 9)
Craft Contingent Spell (Level 12)
Craft Wondrous Item (Level 15)

I am a few in-game days away from completing my last canopic jar and undergoing the Sere Rite to become a Dry Lich (which the DM has ruled shall have its LA absorbed/negated by my class levels of Walker in the Waste).

What would be a good way to finish this build out, with the knowledge that the campaign may dip into early levels of epic (level 22-25ish probably)?
I have considered Mystic Theurge, though I consider that option pretty boring. The DM has also said he would allow me to create a single-use thought bottle to change my levels of Sha'ir to Hexblade, in which case I would use the Dark Companion ACF and retrain some feats to get Obtain Familiar, though I haven't decided yet if this is the best course of action.
I've tossed around the idea of using Eldritch Master (from Dragon Magazine) to add the Wizard spell list to my Ur-Priest list but the ruling would get a bit shaky for how to calculate my Ur-Priest caster level.

Any and all suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Allowed Material: Mostly all official content (with exceptions like Item Familiars+Bloodlines), Dragon Magazine included. Some homebrewed material has been allowed for other players, so if there is a fun, balanced homebrew class that could fit the DM would probably consider it.

Thank you, Giants!