PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Permanent Emanation on a noncaster

bekeleven
2014-08-11, 12:59 PM
What is the easiest way to qualify for "Ability to cast" a metamagic'd antimagic field?

Remember that if you lose the ability, you lose the feat. However, a wizard probably doesn't lose the feat whenever he doesn't have the spell prepared, meaning that you don't need to be able to do it every day, just on a reasonably notice I assume.

Rebel7284
2014-08-11, 01:26 PM
Sublime Chord 3 gives you 6th level spells that you can cast. Qualifying for Sublime Chord does require at least SOME casting though.

bekeleven
2014-08-11, 02:05 PM
I'm looking for this on a character that can cast, at most, first level spells off the paladin list. No class levels to devote to casting beyond that, so I'm going for items and feats. Is there an item that can help count as giving the "ability to cast" a spell?

Hazrond
2014-08-11, 02:12 PM
I'm looking for this on a character that can cast, at most, first level spells off the paladin list. No class levels to devote to casting beyond that, so I'm going for items and feats. Is there an item that can help count as giving the "ability to cast" a spell?

I believe those are called "scrolls" :smalltongue:

bekeleven
2014-08-11, 02:32 PM
I believe those are called "scrolls" :smalltongue:

So you'd allow someone with a scroll of meteor swarm (easily available by level 6) to take the Fiery Burst reserve feat and spam 9D6 damage all day erry day? Warlocks must hate your campaigns.

Note that they'd qualify for the feat as soon as they got 150GP for a 2nd level scroll, but the damage wouldn't ramp until they had 9th level fire spells "available to cast."