PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help to make an "unusual" Drow Cleric

Vrikolaka
2014-08-11, 01:40 PM
Hello!
Sorry of my bad English, not my first language :blush

Well, I need some help to making an Cleric. Yeah, I came here some time ago, to make an Cleric of Eilistraee, asking help, I got some great feedback from here (even, I'd did some researching there, and I'm getting something to work about it). Well, that game is over, but another DM allowed me to remake my character, if I would not use the same build (Aka: no C.Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple, because "he didn't see her like this on the Background"...).

The concept of the character is an kind of Messiah: marked by Lolth for astounding feats of courage for the race, "corrupted" by Eilistraee by her servants. Because of envy of drow, and the fear that would be discovered, which would mean the death of the child, the child was brought up under the enclosure, making it a more studious and rather inept person on physical tasks. This would reflect the fact that the girl is a Cloistered Cleric, and the Flaw Feeble. And, in game mechanics, I would love to play as a character that would use it's racial traits to make the character very flavorful.

The game that we will play is an "game of 'childs' ", with young characters rescued/recruited for an kinda type of "Night Watch" of the Game of Thrones, used to make an desperate resistance against an Evil Caster. All WotC allowed, and Dragon Magazine, if the items of the books/magazines are not "cheesy". The characters are young, 10-14 years old (or the equivalent for other races, like the elf and drow), 2 flaws allowed, 83 points of atributes 1:1, Level 1. The traits that the childs receive, are: -2 Str, -2 con, +1 dex, +1cha, +2 hide, +2 climb, +1 bluff. The group are: an Unseelie Fey (Human) Arcane Swordsage (capped at 6th level spells) and a Elf Ranger (archer) focused on Animal Companions (I think that she will be an Ranger/Beastmaster/Harper Paragon), and me, that will be the Caster/Loremaster of the party (high number of skills, the main caster of the group, healer/buffer character). Perhaps, an Warblade Human and a Warlock Human (Glaivelock, I think) too, but the DM is thinking about splitting the party...

The character is Lawful Good ("Eilistraee" in the game, is Neutral Good; has almost the same domains, but not Chaos Domain; AKA: Good, Elf, Drow, Moon, Portal, Charm), trying to make the character an "kinda type" Drow Paragon without losing the "studious" feeling of the class, and 2 flaws (inattentive and feeble). But... That is. I do not know how to make the character. The game will begin in Sunday, and, well, y'know, my character is not planned, or even finished (I tried a lot of builds, but every single one would cripple, or the rules of the character [so much feats... x.x], or the flavor of the character in a level that she would be uncharacterized [I did tried the Sword Dancer (gish-like, so much feats that crippled me... x.x), Spelldancer (that would be awesome, if the massive number of feats did not crippled me so much... .-.), Seeker of Misty Isle (ranger-flavor) and Shadowbane Stalker (rogue-like)])

So... I would love some help to make that character, to "not suck so much".

Glad that you readed it, and more glad if you can help me! :)

P.S: I'll consider everything that you show to me, and discuss with my group, to make the char.

P.S.2: He'll allow too Homebrews, but he'll be very cautious about these. One homebrew that he allowed for me was that: Blessed Emissary of Eilistraee (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blessed_Emissary_of_Eilistraee_%283.5e_Prestige_Cl ass%29)

P.S.3: Long Life for Google Translate! :P

Aiinsha
2014-08-11, 06:59 PM
Well, appearing here to help.

What makes building that character hard is the "focus on racial abilities". Why, because Level Adjustment.

Lesser Drow gives extremely sucky spell-like abilities (Daze? COME ON), while using racial savage progression... only delays the problem.

We discussed Tiefling (of course, lesser) in the other "idea", because well, you HAVE one of the drow special abilities (the most important, in that case, Darkness), and well... it makes sense drows breeding with demons, and making stuff. And you can always get the "other" drow traits via feats/flaws (like Light Sensivity).

As class, pretty much Cloistered Cleric is "kinda-forced", because of the way the background works out. The other option is Archivist, because it makes sense, but you're afraid of the class because of the weird conversion stuff.

[Suggestion for the future. It's gonna be great!]

I, sincerely, hate the Sacred Performer stuff because, well... If we had a dedicated bard in the team, the player would get... REALLY mad. But that's an option. Actually, Sacred Performer stuff, not via Cleric/Bard, but Cleric/Heartfire Fanner. (You would need to Aereni Focus Perform to reach the pre-requisites). In that case, Cloistered Cleric 9 / Heartfire Fanner 5 / Custom prestige class over there 6 would work alrighty. Not in that order, of course.

paperarmor
2014-08-11, 08:12 PM
My go to build for a scholarly champion of a Deity is Crusader1/ Cloistered Cleric 4/ Ruby Knight Vindicator (refluffed for appropriate deity)10/ whatever other divine gishy class 5. Grab Knowledge devotion and build yourself to be a pokedex.

Vrikolaka
2014-08-11, 10:21 PM
My go to build for a scholarly champion of a Deity is Crusader1/ Cloistered Cleric 4/ Ruby Knight Vindicator (refluffed for appropriate deity)10/ whatever other divine gishy class 5. Grab Knowledge devotion and build yourself to be a pokedex.

Thanks for the response!

Well... Ruby Knight Vindicator is an great class indeed, but the character is not an gish-type (the reason that I picked up the C.Cleric), so I don't think that will be an good option... But thanks!