PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Caught in His Game IC

ChaosArchon
2014-08-11, 08:15 PM
It is the seventh day of the Ascending Fire, and the Sun is shining upon Ra-Yand. Seagulls can be seen patrolling the sky and many fishing boats have just passed the Seawall through after a long early morning of fishing.

As this idyllic scene unfolds, two figures watch the city from high above it, lurking in the shadows. They are both robed and dressed in fine silk, but otherwise are hidden in the shadows. As they watch the city the tall one says,"You just talked with him right? What do you think of his new plan?"

"My friend I know not where his plan will lead, but it seems we will all be caught up in it. Let the Incarnae protect the city through this period." as he walks away.

Oooh ominous, anyway post below what your character is up to on this fine day. You can either just be entering Ra-Yand or have been here for a week, it is up to you.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-11, 09:18 PM
The Drunken Molly sits docked. Dust is starting to gather upon the deck from the last few weeks of disuse. It hasn't had a crew in over a month. The only activity is a puff of smoke coming from the captains wheel where a young looking girl sits puffing on her pipe. An open bottle sits at her side. She blinks the light of noon out of her eyes and climbs up using the wheel as a brace. She stumbles her way over to the dock. With a slight trip she makes her way to the chair she set up out of there. "Welp.... time to get started... OY WHO WANTS TO JOIN A VENTURE?" She swings a bottle as she attempts to solicit the local sailors to join a fresh crew.

OracleofSilence
2014-08-11, 10:54 PM
Edru walked down the docks, lost in thought and muttering faintly to himself. "Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupsh utupshutup." It was only really an irritating buzzing at this point. But this momentary victory could not be considered a cause for celebration. He needed to continue the mantra. "Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupsh utupshutup." ... Ah, blessed silence! That damned demon finally seemed to have gotten the hint.

When the cry echoed from a nearby ship however, the by now reflexive mantra came to mind unbidden "Oh would you just SHUT UP!" It takes Edru a few seconds to realize this particular voice had not in fact originated from inside his own head, and a few more for him to realize he should probably apologize. He heads down the dock and pokes his head over the rail "Uh, sorry for the outburst... miss? That was somewhat rude." Actually, a venture didn't sound to bad. This island was dreadfully boring. "If you don't mind me asking, what kind of venture are you hiring for?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-11, 11:14 PM
Maria takes a drag from her large pipe. "A Ship venture!... high seas... high. Where're the sea may take us!" She stands up and stumbles a flourish. "I mean lookit this vessel! just amazin" A bottle is shoved in the mans face. "So when kin you start and shall we drink on it?"

OracleofSilence
2014-08-11, 11:22 PM
Ah. She seemed... nice. "I might." He hops into the ship, taking the proffered bottle and taking a small swig. "I can start now. Nothing else keeping me on this miserable rock. Formalities aren't really your thing, are they?" He takes in the ship as he before continuing, using the time, to make small adjustments to his vernacular as he does so. "So, then. What should I call you? Cap'n or something? You got a name?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-11, 11:54 PM
She grins and with a momentary flourish of grace she joins him. "Janeway, Cap'n Maria Janeway. Welcome aboard the Drunken Molly!" She offers her hand. "An your name?"

OracleofSilence
2014-08-12, 12:17 AM
"I go by Edru. Don't have a family name, cause I don't have a family. Some things are simple that way." He shakes her hand as he responds, noticing, perhaps a little late, the complete lack of sailors on board "It, uh, doesn't look like you've much of a crew at the moment. What happened?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 12:59 AM
"Couldn keep up!" She starts giving the tour of the vessel which is in remarkable shape. "I been chasin dis ship, biggern thisun and I aim ta find it. It sank the first boat I was on, an I stumbled upon Molly." She turns and gives him a look as her body sways. "Since yer 'ere I assume you ain't no macculate." She gives a grin. "Mortls have a hard time keepin up with nethma." She gives a flourish almost proud of the fact as a glowing crescent crosses her brow. "How bout you ed? you got problems with nethma?"

OracleofSilence
2014-08-12, 01:04 AM
Edru returns her grin "Not at all. It'd be a bit strange, considerin'," here he conjures a small flame of green essence into his palm " well considerin' this."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 01:17 AM
"I'll drink to that! I'll drink to breathin but hey, booze is good food!" She couldn't brelieve her luck. An Exalt. Oddly green but who cares, someone who can keep up with her. Thats fantastic! "So besides green fire, what else you able to do ed? What other magics you got that could be useful on the high seas?"

balanthejakal
2014-08-12, 01:22 AM
Wind Storm Queen steps out of the tavern, dressed in many translucent silk veils, somehow appearing to be both clothed and unclothed, dressed for a ball and dressed for burial, all at the same time. Wiping a little of what looks like blood from her lips. "Well, now I suppose I should find the next group to convert." With a small giggle she lifts a veil to cover most of her face and moves down the road. More like, she performs down the road, jumping from one place to another, leaping so she almost seems to be walking on air, sometimes snaking in behind people to whisper something into their ear, which seems to leave them mildly shaken for the next few steps, then they get a small smile and walk with a purpose, to where you do not know.

As she gets closer to the docks she lightens up on the blatant displays of acrobatics, and simply chooses the densest crowds to move through, still whispering into a few ears here and there. As she passes the Molly she stops suddenly, hearing the word 'Anathema' or at least that's what it could be since the speaker is obviously drunker than a fish in moonshine.

With one spinning tumble-jump Wind Storm Queen boards the Drunken Molly. "I am sorry to barge onto your barge like this but I think I heard a certain semi-derogatory term spoken? I may be mistaken, because I am not the most familiar with inebriated sailor-speak. Would you be Molly?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 01:32 AM
"Maria lass, and on this ship its Cap'n Maria!" She grins with the moon still upon her brow.

balanthejakal
2014-08-12, 01:55 AM
"Well, you have my apologies, my name is Wind Storm Queen, and from the looks of that mark, we have a common hazard. I would display my mark openly like yours, but mine tends to drive people insane. Of course insane is not necessarily a bad thing! She says with a quick wink.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 02:00 AM
"The locals lready thinkin I'm craszy. Can't be much worse. So you in on high seas venturin lass?" The grin of the red haired (or was it feathered?) girl is wide and inviting.

balanthejakal
2014-08-12, 02:43 AM
"I am mildly familiar with ship operation, and I have spent enough time on this island to have maybe gathered a little too much attention. As long as you can provide me with the opportunity to grow my following I will gladly join your crew. And before you ask what specific benefit I have to offer your crew, I have been an acrobat my whole life, and my new status as a superior being has only elevated that ability. I am sure a woman with acrobatic skills can be a great boon. Not to mention that I specialize in aerial acrobatic performance, so I rarely have cash flow problems.

GenericMook
2014-08-12, 02:54 AM
Vash walks along the docks slowly. He examines the ships, and for a moment, his mind drifts back to better days, when he was captain of his own ship. Those were better days, certainly, but he could never go back.

His eyes settled on a ship, with a plank down and a chair apparently set up by tge docks. The ship itself looked disused, like one of ships in the Navy that had run into maintainence problems. Yet it wasn't occupied, with the exception of the... three or so voices he could hear from the ship. It was interesting enough that Vash was sorely tempted to explore the ship (or maybe steal it!) just for a longing to be on the seas again.

Vash took one step onto the plank, and another, and another.

Now that he had started, he couldn't go back.

He stepped down onto the ship, and took a good, long view around. It wasn't a bad ship, but it was lifeless. Well, not entirely lifeless, given the three others on deck, but the place didn't look too good. Vash looked towards the three others on deck, and nodded.

"Not a bad ship you have here. I take it, from the lack of anyone else on board, that you're looking for a crew?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 10:33 AM
"Luna's everchanging tits, today is just going grand!" The girl walks over to a crate and procures a carafe of what's most likely rum. What're your names friends? If you both join that means we have enough for her ta properly be piloted!": She pours a glass for everyone.

JonRG
2014-08-12, 11:13 AM
"Run all you like, but you'll never escape." Victor shakes his head in an effort to banish the Whispers. Not too bad today, all told. Laughter reaches his ears, and he notices the party on the deck of a nearby boat. He elbows his companion. "Hey Bas. Tiny was shouting about a... a venture. Maybe we should join up?" Their last venture had ended in disaster, but... maybe this time would be better.

horus42
2014-08-12, 11:24 AM
Ishamel sits at a table away from the noise. A boisterous woman was making an awful racket about some kind of venture. He could do with getting out of town for a while, but he didn't need a ship for that, not anymore. But listening to her talk, about what she was after... Was it possible that another was after the very same beast who had so wronged him? The spark of vengeance that drives him burned in his chest, and he got to his feet. He stalked over towards Maria, his hands smoothing out his hair and beard, making him look slightly more presentable.

"Did I hear you right, lass? You're chasing something? What did it look like?"

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 12:00 PM
This crew was getting larger and larger. "A vessel... massive, bigger than one of dem realm Man O Wars... The type of ship that can single-handedly wipe out a fleet. Its bow was a dragons maw, its sails the wings, its hull scales, its cannons fire. It had nary a crewman on it. It was as if possessed by some power that could only have come from the ancients."

She repacks her pipe. "34 men died that day. ship was mortal make but no pushover. It was ripped asunder in seconds. That beast tore it apart like a daiklave through paper."

She takes a long hit on her pipe and lets out a cloud of smoke. "That vessel be a demon in and of itself... The smoke billows around her face as she grins, "And I intend to claim it." her caste mark takes an almost sinister aspect through the cloud."You lot still interested?"

balanthejakal
2014-08-12, 01:31 PM
"Hunting a large ship that would make the Realm piss their pathetic pants? I am in!!! Not to mention that a ship like that would do wonders for ones reputation!" With that said she jumps up to the top of the main mast and shouts "Let us go forth and hunt the elusive prize!"

GenericMook
2014-08-12, 05:07 PM
Vash nods along as Maria explains their quarry, but shook his head at the offer of a drink. "I think I will pass on the rum, but, I have heard rumors about this thing before, but my crew and I always assumed that it was little more than gossip. That said, it won't be easy, but I suppose that's why we're all here, isn't it," he said, offering a hand to Maria. "Call me Vash. I have experience out on the high seas, if you need to know. Navigation, how to keep a ship in state, and all that,"

JonRG
2014-08-12, 10:36 PM
With that said, she jumps up to the top of the main mast and shouts, "Let us go forth and hunt the elusive prize!"

Victor starts, not at the yell, but at the sudden amplification of the Whispers in his mind. It's almost deafening. "Hnnnnnnnnn..." He looks over to Basil, who seemed to be flirting with a nearby shopkeeper. Regrettable. The Solar could usually talk him through these episodes. Instead, his feet propel him towards the ship and its bombastic occupant. Victor doesn't take his eyes off of her, and so bumps into several other people on the dock. Since he has no regard for social mores at the moment, he will wander straight onto the boat to get a closer look.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 10:55 PM
"An here i thought i was drunk..." Maria shambles over to the gentleman. "OI! what do you think yer doin to my ship?"

ChaosArchon
2014-08-12, 10:59 PM
As Victor weaves through the crowd, one of the people he bumps into growls at him saying,"Watch where you're going whelp." and the continues walking away in a huff. The man in question is covered in a traveling cloak, but you think you saw some silver tattoos across underneath the cloak.

JonRG
2014-08-12, 11:36 PM
"Sorry," Victor mutters to the man he collided with. He wanders onto the deck, staring up the mast. "She has sinned against Us. Kill her." His hand twitches for the handle of his klaive. One strike. One strike, and it would- "OI!" Victor flinches. Mad eyes whirl and lock on the fluffy-haired teen. "What do you think yer doin to my ship?"

Sanity creeps into his gaze. "Your- Oh, this is your ship. I see." He nods. "I uh... I'm not sure how I got here, and I- I think I lost my friend." Victor scratches the back of his neck, and his eyes periodically flick to Wind Storm Queen.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-12, 11:50 PM
The scowl turns to a grin. "Jus messin with you big guy! Names Maria. Welcome to the Drunken Molly. " She clasps his hand in a vigorous shake. "So you wanna join up as well?"

balanthejakal
2014-08-12, 11:55 PM
Wind Storm Queen looks down to the deck and sees the growing gathering down below. "Hmm, more people!!! Maybe I should get down there, even though the breeze here is rather pleasant." Wind Storm Queen hops off of the mast, spinning like a top until her feet touch the deck, at which point she continues her spin downwards, eventually coming to a stop sitting down with her legs crossed. "Have any of you been up on top of a mast? You can get a very nice breeze up there, nice and fresh. Not to mention relatively quiet. As long as a loudmouth woman isn't on top of the mast hollering like a fool. And yes I realize that I am guilty of that foolishness. But I was inspired by the captain of this vessel. Inspired to throw caution to the wind, the wind atop of the mast!"

ChaosArchon
2014-08-12, 11:57 PM
As Wind Storm Queen and Victor lock eyes, they both feel as if they are torn from Creation and back into the cold, dark, profane Underworld. Everything has become colorless and devoid of hope as they hear the insane mutterings of the sleeping titans, as they see past events of the other's unlife.

And just as suddenly as their little venture into the Precipices of Oblivion had began, it had ended and they have returned to the world of light and the living.

JonRG
2014-08-13, 12:10 AM
"Do I- uh... Maybe? What is it, that you're set out to do?" Victor shrieks as the woman appears before him, then again as a whirlwind of events flash before his eyes. Fortunately, as a frequent hearer of the Whispers, they don't affect him as deeply as they do others. More likely, it's because he's already completely insane. The world snaps into focus, and the two deathknights stare at each other. "You should be quieter. They're less likely to catch you then."

OracleofSilence
2014-08-13, 01:22 AM
"You're an excitable one. And who catches you if you get to noisy?" This new comer seemed more then a little off. Then again, that might simply be projection. Everyone seemed off after getting back from Hell.

JonRG
2014-08-13, 02:43 AM
"She knows." Victor locks eyes with Wind Storm Queen. "They shut you in the tomb, right? Let it lurk inside your head for a while. Sometimes it sticks around, if you're not lucky." He squeezes his eyes shut, and the voices fade. For now. "Their agents are everywhere, and I'm not being paranoid. Really."

In case you're not up on Abyssal lore, the final step for all deathknights is to get shut in a vault with a Neverborn which checks to see if you believe in the understandings and can carry them out. Most deathknights are released at this point. Some get... special insights. :smallamused:

balanthejakal
2014-08-13, 03:02 AM
Wind Storm Queen surges to her feet after her sudden brush with visions of the Underworld. A solid disk appears on her forehead, like a brief glimpse into the Pit of Oblivion. Necrotic essence surrounds her hands and she looks around frantically for a bit before she regains her composure. "I do not talk about my trip through the Labyrinth. Or what came after. Once I returned to creation, I went my own way. I will continue to do so, and NOTHING will stop me. I will not be some old, pathetic, lazy ghost's lackey. Those Who Slumber never should have elevated those things to that height of power. I may have to do something about that if they intrude upon my life anymore." Having said her piece she lets the essence around her hands dissipate and returns to her seat at the base of the main mast.

I am VERY familiar with abyssal. They are my favorite type of exalt. I know that there is one Day Caste that is supposed to be the last existing thing, its purpose is to ensure that even the deathlords take a dive into oblivion.

GenericMook
2014-08-13, 04:07 AM
Vash watches the entire exchange with wariness, but his eyes widen immediately when he sees Wind Storm Queen's caste mark appear.

"Gods, you're one of them?" asks Vash, who was suddenly a lot more on edge. He knew what Abyssals were, and they were almost always considered bad news. While he himself may not support the Yozis and their pathetic Reclamation, the goals of their deceased kin concerned him.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 10:07 AM
The group finds arms grab around them a bottle in the left and a pipe in the right. "Where y'all are from don't mean a thing! It's who you are now! And unless I'm mistaken, you have taken a shine to bein part o' me crew!"

Somehow she manages to still take another swig and passes the bottle around.

JonRG
2014-08-13, 11:35 AM
Victor laughs. It might even seem normal if Storm had actually said something funny. "I like you. We should go ghostbustin' together." He looks at Vash and scowls a bit, but the reaction wasn't unreasonable. Everyone had been so accepting of him. Bas, Zaraya... even that jerk. Victor had almost forgotten that he was a freak of nature. Almost. "Two of them, thank you." He starts when Maria wraps her arms around them both. "I-I-I should talk to Basil first. Make sure he's okay with it." He takes a swig from the bottle. If anyone needed to relax, it was him.

Cool. Didn't mean to imply you were ignorant. Bad wording. I just realized that MOEP: Abyssals lore might not parse well when filtered through a madman's brain. :smallbiggrin:

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 12:28 PM
"Basil? Sounds right proper folk. You sure he can handle on a ship?" She grins clearly teasing.

OracleofSilence
2014-08-13, 12:32 PM
Alright. Those two were probably deathknights. This might get awkward. "So then is that it? We sail the seas for any reason and find demons ships and booty? I can get behind that." As long as I kept aquiring wealth and allies, I might even be able to keep that damn demon quite.

JonRG
2014-08-13, 12:39 PM
Victor nods. "Sand. Water. If it's a boat, he can captain it. He taught me how too."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 12:50 PM
"This Basil fellow? he there or he only show up when you share a bottle of rum with yourself?" She grins again, clearly a person used to inebriation.

JonRG
2014-08-13, 01:18 PM
Vic shudders, glaring at the teen. Granted, she wasn't the first to propose that theory. They always tried to convince him that he was truly alone. He shakes his head meekly, but his voice has the strength of steel. "He's real. He showed me the sun."

balanthejakal
2014-08-13, 03:10 PM
"Which sun? The sun of creation, or the black sun of the realm of dead things? Either way it is applaudable that beings such as us are able to obtain a mentor, which I assume this Basil is to you. However, I could, at some point, let you in on my plan to..." Wind trails off slowly, looking suspiciously at the gathered people, "No, none of you are ready for that information, at least not yet, and maybe not at all. But one never knows which way the winds of dark fate will blow, or what will be blown in with them."

JonRG
2014-08-13, 03:14 PM
"The yellow one. The good one." Victor looks off the side of the boat, scanning the dock for his friend.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-13, 06:37 PM
The girl laughs. "Well whut a fancy 'appenstance, I'm of the moon!" Her caste mark is still visible upon her brow.

Obscurejones
2014-08-13, 11:57 PM
Basil laughingly writes out his name again for the young man behind the booth.
"No, see it's Amjad. Right. With a J. Well, I'm not certain when I'll be through again. But when I am, a drink sounds lovely. I know this brilliant vigneron in Gem, he makes bottles that taste like the fire that burns in a young man's-"
He's cut off as the ground beneath his feet suddenly buckles for an instant, causing him to stumble mid flirtation. He glances at the earth, noticing the gentle swirling beneath his boots. Frowning he looks around. Notices the lack of Victor.
"Well ****. If you'll excuse me I seem to have misplaced my blacksmith. Till then, my friend."
Kneeling for an instant he taps the ground twice and then drums his fingers on the earth. The roiling beneath him darts off through the crowd, following Victor's scent. As it comes to the docks it stops just short of the gangplank and dutifully waits. Basil strolls up at a casual pace and watches his friend for a moment.
"Making a new berth, Vic? I hope they've room for me and the Captain."

JonRG
2014-08-14, 12:03 AM
"Bas!" Victor rushes his friend and embraces him rather tightly. "I thought I'd lost you!"

Obscurejones
2014-08-14, 12:09 AM
"To be honest, you had. Captain sniffed you out, though. Seems she's not willing to let you shake us just yet."
Basil returns his friends embrace, and the roiling patch of earth lets out a satisfied purr.

GenericMook
2014-08-14, 12:23 AM
Vash stared at the deathknights with caution. For a moment, his mind flashed back to a different time and place, where he and his men were investigating an apparently-empty ship, only to be ambushed by undead and for his men to be slaughtered in droves.

It was almost too much, but Vash steeled himself, just as he learned how to do so with the nightmares. Vash rubbed at his eyes, and turned his attention to Basil.

"I, for one, hope you can really keep a handle on your friend. For all our sakes, really."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-14, 12:27 AM
"Oi this is highly fortuitous and clearly nae contrived coincidence! all of us here!" She heads back to the crate and pulls out more bottles. "welcome aboard the Drunken Molly my friend! you wish to partake in grand adventure with this lunar captain?" She clearly didn't give a rats ass what kind of exalt or whatever people were.

JonRG
2014-08-14, 12:29 AM
"Aw, come on. He's not such a bad guy once you get to know him." Victor replies with a grin. Was that a joke? It's hard to say for sure.

OracleofSilence
2014-08-14, 12:30 AM
Edru takes a moment to regain some measure of composure after the sheer openness of some of the newcomers. Well, at least we can be sure of one thing. We don't need to worry about the Immaculates. Any monk that was told this many anathema were in one place would never believe the messenger.

Obscurejones
2014-08-14, 12:33 AM
Basil's nigh constant smile falters for a moment as Vash speaks.
"Victor is capable in his own right. And I resent the implication that he'd need a handler."
The ground growls its agreement.

GenericMook
2014-08-14, 12:50 AM
"It isn't his capability that I'm worried about. It's what tends to happen around them," said Vash, gesturing towards Victor. "I have seen good men die because of what they do. If it happens here, do not expect me to stand by and do nothing."

Obscurejones
2014-08-14, 12:54 AM
Basil's hand drops to the plasma tongue repeater tucked within his sash and his face flashes dark and stormy.
"My friend is no thing, sir, to be spoken of as though he was not present. You've no quarrel with him or knowledge of his character. He is as much a hero as any man I've met and I've never seen him do anything but good. Apologize."

OracleofSilence
2014-08-14, 12:59 AM
"I must agree with Basil here. I can't speak for Victors past actions, but it's a mistake to judge anyone based of what they are rather then who they are."

balanthejakal
2014-08-14, 01:04 AM
Wind speaks up, "Maybe not a handler, but a calming influence. And I resent the implication that what I do kills. I kill when I need to. I do not go around slaughtering with impunity. Whatever your issue with my kind is, I am sure it is justly founded, but openly antagonizing someone tends to be a quick way to cause the least favorable outcome. And threatening someone because of paranoia from past experiences is just as bad. So all of you take a couple of steps back, and lets agree to judge based on actions, not past experiences." As Wind Storm is talking she steps between Basil and Vash

Obscurejones
2014-08-14, 01:16 AM
Basil pauses and the familiar smile settles on his face.
"Victor, you've found us a good crew. With a slight exception they speak well and cleverly. My apologies, my friends. I am a little over protective of Victor."
He raises his hand from his weapon and takes a step to the side. Sweeping his hand up and down he presents first, Victor.
"Good ladies and Gentlemen may I present the Victorious Smith of the Blighted Forge. A gentler soul I've never known, but an absolute master at crafting weapons to delight and defend. A worthy addition to any crew, provided a room can be given within which to work."
He stands tall and puts out both hands, giving a little bow to those on the deck.
"I myself am Basil Amjad. Humble notary, erstwhile sailor, occasional first mate aboard the Opal Crown. Although Victor has never had the pleasure, I am both a lover of life and a great many of the beauties of the South. And a fair shot with a flame piece."
Stepping to the side he sweeps his arm into the air and the earth beside him explodes upwards, revealing a gleaming golden eight tailed mole hound. With a single shake of her fur she dislodges all the earth and stands beside the Exalts, regally beaming up at the ship. Across her back is strapped a black barrel, seemingly of Jade.
"And this, it is my great honor to introduce. May I present Captain Opal, and her ship, the Opal Crown. We serve at her leisure but it seems she's taken a liking to you."
Basil grins up and his caste mark gleams atop his forehead.
"Permission to come aboard?"

GenericMook
2014-08-14, 01:46 AM
Vash grit his teeth, and turned around, taking a few steps and reaching the side of the boat that faced out into the harbor.

I won't apologize or forgive. Not yet, thought Vash as he leaned against the railings of the ship. Staring out into sea was far more appealing than watching the deathknights, given Vash's familiarity with living on a ship.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-14, 09:42 AM
The grin growing ever wider on Maria's face as the dispute gets settled. "Greetins to you Basil and Victor, accomodations for a crafstman can easily be made! She throws her hands out in a bit of joy. "Glad ta see e'erone's willin ta make merry!" She kneels to the mole hound. "And a fine well met fellow Captain!"

"Friends, know that what you currently are gifted with or not gifted with matters not aboard the molly! Nor does where one hails from! If you are willin ta work together an don' mind sharin livin space, then you are welcome aboard!" She caps her little speech with a slight flourish.

A single moment of clarity wracks her mind as the fizzing and popping of various concotions subsides for a moment. She glances back at her stock which was for journey for 4 people. The ship didn't need a large crew. "Oi!, we probly should get some supplies!

JonRG
2014-08-14, 01:10 PM
Victor scuffs his foot against the deck of the ship, and a blush works across his pale cheeks. "Nice to meet you," he mutters with a small wave. Victor fidgets a bit when Maria talks about spaces. "That a, uh, private workspace? I... really don't like folks barging in while I work."

OracleofSilence
2014-08-14, 06:45 PM
"Well, I hope you wouldn't mind some company. I'm not bad with a forge if I do say so myself, and, if we stop by the right island, I can guarantee a fairly nice workshop as well."

JonRG
2014-08-14, 10:45 PM
Elias whistled a jaunty tune, assembling the pieces of a firewand. Suddenly, the side door opened. "Cerris? That you, hon?" He set down the half-finished weapon and turned around. It wasn't her. Instead, a figure in a black cloak stood before him, long red hair hanging out from beneath her hood. "... Hello. Can I-" She cracked Elias soundly across the mouth. Blood gushed between his fingers. "We're going to have a lot of fun, you and I."

In reality, Victor stared blankly for a few seconds. "Sure. That's fine."

horus42
2014-08-14, 11:14 PM
Ishmael scowls slightly as Maria tells him about the ship. "I've no interest in your ghost ship, lass. But I'll make you a deal. If, during the course of this venture, we come across a beast... A behemoth that takes the form of a great white whale... You help me kill it. You do this, and you won't even have to pay me."

He follows along, staying quiet during most of the following events. Squabbles among the crew weren't his concern. Supplies, however, were. "I can help with supplies, Captain. I've a strong back, so I an carry anything you need."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-15, 10:30 AM
The woman smiles at the offer. "Tremendous! we shall go get stocked up!" She gestures toward the port market. "Let us schmooze!"

horus42
2014-08-15, 04:15 PM
Ishmael follows her, wondering if he's going to regret his decision to come along. He simply shrugs and readies himself for some heavy lifting.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-15, 04:18 PM
As Maria and Ishmael journey towards the market they see the man in the robes causing some commotion between two of the guards, and from here you can shout,"Where is he? I need to see him!" he keeps growling, growing increasingly annoyed at the guards who obviously have no idea who he is referring to.

balanthejakal
2014-08-15, 04:41 PM
Wind Storm Queen approaches the commotion, "What seems to be the problem here? Maybe I can help?" She says with a disarming smile. She thinks to herself, Not like I actually care, but I could probably use this to my advantage.

JonRG
2014-08-15, 04:48 PM
Victor tags along with Basil, who presumably would want to check out the disturbance. He speaks up as they walk. "Hey, Bas. You... you meant all that stuff you said, right?"

OracleofSilence
2014-08-16, 03:58 PM
"Supplies shouldn't be to much of a problem. I have in my possession an item that can create almost any mundane material I need, and it should be sufficient to deal with our food needs. In fact, although I haven't tried this yet, it may be able to produce fully cooked meals instead of raw materials."

ChaosArchon
2014-08-16, 04:00 PM
The man in rags growls at the three and simply says,"It is none of your concern mortals, I suggest you go on your way."

horus42
2014-08-16, 04:55 PM
Ishmael frowns heavily, his voice taking on a more gravelly tone than usual, rumbling deep in his chest.

"I suggest you not take that tone when speaking to two Chosen of Luna."

balanthejakal
2014-08-16, 06:08 PM
Wind put a hand to her chest in mock surprise, "Mortal? Me?" Wind drops the mocking façade and looks the man dead in the eyes "Now if I was one of those types that gets uppity about proper nomenclature, there would be a serious problem. But, that is not the case yet, so I will chalk those words up to general ignorance." Wind drops the veil from her face revealing pronounced canine teeth as she talks. "As it stands I have shed my mortality, and by doing so, I believe I have earned the right to make whatever I want my concern." Wind's mouth quirks with a darkly amused smirk, "Now since you are making a ruckus, I am curious. Now that I am curious, it has now become my concern. So how about you try explaining your problem again."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-16, 08:43 PM
Maria doesn't like grumpy people. She swaggers over to the angry gentleman and wraps an arm around him. "Come come now friend, that's no way to be! you should lighten up! Liven your spirits, drink and be merry!" A flask is passed to the gentleman.

With a flourish and a presentation of a flask she activates new friend aroma and the 2nd appearance excellency at a cost of 7 motes total personal. She spends a mote to take away her drug penalties, clarity of mind moment 8 dice + 2 successes. if it beats defense values he develops an intimacy toward her of friendship. it costs a point of willpower to resist.

[roll0]
stunt! if any.
[roll1]

Obscurejones
2014-08-17, 03:11 AM
Basil scratches Opal behind the ears and carefully starts unstrapping the barrel on her back. He glances up at Victor with a guileless expression.
"Have you ever known me to lie? Or misrepresent myself? You are my friend, Victor. It has been an honor to sail alongside you as long as I have. Sun willing it is an honor I can enjoy for a great while longer."

JonRG
2014-08-17, 11:06 AM
Victor stares at his boots. "Course not. But that guy was pissed at me, and I thought you might've... stretched the truth a bit so he'd shut up." He's practically beaming despite his embarrassment.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-20, 10:21 PM
The man in robes seems to change his demeanor, he posture lightens and he seems less enraged than prior to your arrival. However he still seems tense, as if he has some great task which he must accomplish.

"I... apologize for my abrasive manner, but I'm currently looking for someone but these guards have been no help." he says as his gaze returns to them and fixes them with a glare. If looks could kill, the pair of guards would be dead.

JonRG
2014-08-20, 10:51 PM
Victor wanders forward. He knows this man. They bumped into each other on the dock. "Hi. Uh, sorry about before. Who are you trying to find? Maybe we can help." Normally, he wouldn't dream of talking to a stranger, but Basil believed in him. Maybe he should too.

OracleofSilence
2014-08-21, 11:37 PM
Edru follows his new crewmates over to the irate man, his own temper flaring slightly as he does so "Spit it out then! I'm not averse to offering help, but you;ve done a really good job of making me feel dissuaded." This? This kind of thing never happened in Malfeas. Well, rarely at least, and when it did, more extreme responses were allowed. Probably a good thing I'm not there anymore then isn't it?

ChaosArchon
2014-08-22, 05:50 AM
The robed man is silent for a moment and glares at Edru's demeanor, not realizing the irony of his displeasure either, and addresses Victor and the group as a whole,"The streets are no place for extended conversations of import, if you truly wish to hear my story and help me do you have anywhere private where we may all talk. His spies are everywhere." he says with a growl.

everyone make a Per+Awareness roll, but no need to add Excellencies, it's just a small thing

JonRG
2014-08-22, 01:55 PM
"We... have a boat. Would that work?" Victor looks back nervously at the captain. "I mean... we're on the crew, now. Right?"

OracleofSilence
2014-08-22, 02:26 PM
"Victor, I suspect being on this boat intails being on a lot more then just the crew. Still, Cap'n, it doesn't seem a bad place to chat with our rude new friend." Edru almost had a handle on himsel now. As long as this... person, managed to keep quite just a little bit longer, it should be okay.

Kell_tamer
2014-08-22, 03:08 PM
"Aye, we can meet on the Molly." With a certain drunken grace she makes her way to the molly with her crew, despite her swagger she manages to hit nary a single person with her step as she weaves in and out of the crowd on the way back to the dock.

horus42
2014-08-22, 10:41 PM
Ishmael follows along, taking note of the horns and tattoos. It's likely that this robed traveler is another Chosen of Luna, in which case, he could make a valuable ally.

"I apologize for my harshness earlier. I hope you can forgive me."

ChaosArchon
2014-08-24, 04:11 PM
The party continues back to the Drunken Molly, although the robed man is silent he does not appear to do so out of rudeness but out of fear of being overheard. However when Ishmael apologizes to him, the man replies,"As do I apologize to you all, forgive my earlier rudeness please."

JonRG
2014-08-24, 10:51 PM
Victor steps onto the boat, mind racing. The Molly already had a certain homey feel to it. He should get his bed off the sub. Coffin. Still. Good to have a place to sleep tonight. Then again, maybe it was time to sleep like a normal person. Or something akin to one. Victor pauses as he notices the boat's current occupant. Vash. Watching the waves. He clears his throat. "Hey. We're, uh, back for a bit."

Kell_tamer
2014-08-28, 09:54 AM
Upon arrival at the ship, Maria stumbles over to some barrels with a plank and maps and such upon it. With a drunken flourish she deflty removes them, by sending them to the floor, in their stead are a few bottles of presumably rum, spirits, or other alcoholic beverages. She flops down into a chair and gestures to chairs barrels and the like for people to gather round.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-29, 10:05 PM
As soon as he gets on the deck, the man removes the hood from his face. While the rest of his body remains wrapped in the mud-brown robes, you can now clearly see his face and the horns atop his head. He is clearly of an older age, as the first specs of gray have begun to appear in his short black beard and long hair, but nevertheless his face is one of a warrior. The creases around his eyes mark him as one who has seen much sadness and horror in his lifetime, but also perhaps much which was fit to laugh about as well.

"My name is Tarbatjur and, as many of you might guess, I am one of Luna's Chosen. I have came here because I have reason to believe my mate, who I have not seen for many years. I think the city's mysterious lord is keeping him captive somewhere for whatever reason."

horus42
2014-08-30, 06:36 PM
So he was right. That's always a good sign. This man could make a good ally, if he could be trusted. Ishmael extends a hand for him to shake, and offers what he hopes is a warm smile. "Call me Ishmael. We'll see if we can't find your... friend."

OracleofSilence
2014-08-30, 07:24 PM
Lets keep up the act a little longer. No need to get all uptight about grammar right now "Years? 'F you don't mind me asking, whats some backwater lord want with your squeeze? Or do you mean some other type of mate or something." Edru doesn't bother to keep his near total lack of interest of his face. Lunar's were all well and good, but pact loyalists probably wouldn't take to kindly to learning that Infernals were a thing.

JonRG
2014-08-30, 10:25 PM
Victor clenches his jaw as his mind wanders to Mera. If she'd been kidnapped, what fortress wouldn't he storm to get her back? "Where's this lord?"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-02, 09:38 PM
Maria's thoughts drifted elsewhere, in her clouded mental state she wasn't thinking about a solar mate, and she never really had. The only thing in her mind was which one of these fine folks would looks best without their clothing and with a bottle of rum in their hands. She took a satisfied swig.

OracleofSilence
2014-09-03, 05:56 PM
"Captain, If you don't mind me sayin', you should wipe that smirk off your face. We have company." Edru takes a seat on a barrel-top, stretching out his legs and relaxing as he does so.

GenericMook
2014-09-03, 07:27 PM
Vash stares at the newcomer with cold eyes. "And you want us to do what, storm his keep - which is probably heavily guarded - to rescue someone we honestly have no obligation to help? Sounds like you're asking for a lot. Why exactly do you have reason to believe the lord of the city has him?"

ChaosArchon
2014-09-13, 07:09 PM
Tarbatjur appears to be about to answer your questions when you hear, a loud voice proclaim,"This ship is surrounded, by the order of the lord of Ra-Yand, Tarbatjur the Lunar is ordered to surrender himself to the guards and be brought before the lord for disturbing the peace of his city. If you do not comply we shall storm the ship and bring you by force."

To those that look at the docks, they can see a force of roughly thirteen guards along with a man cloaked in a fine red robe which sports an series of intricate designs as well as two green blades in his hands.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 09:48 PM
"Eh i'll try to talk em down..." With a quick glance under their new friends hood she quickly adopts his face. A flawless disguise courtesy of Luna.

With the clarity of z drunkard she stumbles her way off the ship "What seems to be the problem?" She has a sort of dizzy stance about her.

10 motes to make the disguise, not committed.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-16, 09:56 PM
The man in the red robes looks at Maria!Tarbatjur for a moment and looks incredulously at him for a moment,"You're drunk?! You disturbed the peace and caused such a commotion the lord of the city took notice because you couldn't hold your drink?!" he sighs for a moment,"Well regardless of your reasons, I'm afraid I'll have to bring you to a cell so you can sober up, then apparently the Lord himself has asked for your presence."

As this occurs above, below the deck Tarbatjur appears to grow angry once the man proclaims the lord of the city demanding his presence as if he was some pet of his. He as prepares to go up deck, you hear him mutter under his breath where the lord holding his mate hostage can stick his requests.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-17, 10:09 PM
A moment of clarity crosses Marian's mind. "Let's skip the sobering up and go see em."

OracleofSilence
2014-09-18, 12:00 AM
"Sounds almost fun." Edru slides of the barrel he had been sitting on since the return to the ship, then walks over to the railing before continuing "Or would your Lord object to his guest bringing some friends along?" There isn't really any menace in Edru's tone, simply the quiet suggestion that should this obviously reasonable and fair course of action be denied, that could very well change.

horus42
2014-09-18, 01:26 PM
Ishmael shrugs and follows behind Maria. Just in case it came to a fight, and she needed help.

He'd never find the Beast at this rate.

Obscurejones
2014-09-18, 11:19 PM
Basil pricks up his ears to the idea of an audience.
"Thoughts Vic? Settle here or tag along?"

JonRG
2014-09-18, 11:31 PM
Vic shakes his head to clear the errant Whispers. "Let's go."

Obscurejones
2014-09-19, 12:08 AM
"Two for being in the presence of political power, please!"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 06:05 PM
"Well boss it appears we have come to the decision to see his lordship big timey daddy man." She gestures with a drunken flourish, "ONWARD!" and she makes her way stumbling forward somehow avoiding everything precarious at the last second, but without giving enough time for anyone directly behind her to not get somewhat stuck.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-27, 05:16 PM
The red clothed man seems astonished for a moment, surely these people were newcomers to want to meet the Lord of the city himself. Most people tended to want to have nothing to do with the man who had personally killed many of the Dragon's Chosen. Nevertheless he does have his men flank them on all sides as he brings them to the palace of the city. Tarbatjur joins as well, making sure to cover his face with the cloak, lest any of the guards discover Maria is not who she (he?) says they are.

After a brisk walk through the dock district, brings them to the slums which are in the way between the golden palace of the Lord of the city and the docks. While guards patrol the streets in the whitest of cloaks and nod at the Exalted procession, the common people seem to slink back at the sight of the man in red. Men and women talking to each other seem to stop their conversations and silently watch the procession, while mothers and fathers herd their children into their homes, out of the street where they might run in front of the marching men. As you see their reactions to the group itself, you notice the garb of the inhabitants of the slum isn't even an eighth as fine as what the guards are wearing, their clothes more patches than cloth. A few of the more destitute among them, who seem to have appropriated the cobblestone street as a bed, seem to be covered with black spots; and even the guards seem to move their procession around these scions of pestilence.

Eventually you and your armed escorts leave the slums and enter the area surrounding the palace. Here the people seem to much better off, and while their manner of dress still doesn't seem as fine as the man in red, it still seems much nicer than the rank and file guards he brought with him. While they continue their conversation as the guards pass, you sense a thin veneer of fear exude from them as well. It appears even among the rich, the city guard are not popular, or at least are feared. Perhaps it is the guard themselves, or perhaps it is the man they represent. As you finish looking at the citizens of the upper class section of the city, you turn your gaze to the mountain top palace which towers above even this section of the city. It truly is a work of architecture befitting of its name, even though the sun is beginning its downward descent, it still glisten and shimmers as if it were part of the sun itself.

After a short walk up the mountain, which admittedly isn't that tall of a mountain, you arrive at the gates of the fortress-palace. Upon the gates are emblazoned various miracles performed by the Lawgivers and their argent companions, the Stewards of Luna. One scene in particular stands out, as it shows such a pair facing a massive beast, whose very image seems to be eternally covered in shadows. The Lunar appears to be striking down the being with a blade which belabours belief, while the Solar aims his bow at the beast.

JonRG
2014-09-27, 08:30 PM
"...Why'd we stop?" Mad eyes rove the edifice, and the Whispers roar to life at the sight of the Primordial. "See how brazenly the Children of the Sun show their defiance? No Asbhringer would allow that to stand." Victor squinches his eyes shut and, over time, the voices fade. He releases his hold on Basil's hand. Takes a few deep breaths. "If your gate's stuck, I can fix that." Victor approaches the gate and appraises his adversary. Must be twelve feet high. Gold plated over what must be... he raps twice on the gate and listens to the echo... orichalcum? Shouldn't be impossible to bust down. His hand twitches and wraps around the hilt of his daiklaive. Victor draws Rydas and takes a test swing at the gate. One eye closed to better line up his shot.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-29, 12:32 AM
As Victor mimes striking the gate, the man in red stops his blow by crying out,"Please sir, it is in everyone's best interests that you not attack the Gate Thyrlos. It has been a part of the palace since its construction and would be quite hard to replace. Anyway we stopped as many of the visitors to the palace enjoy seeing the many acts the mythic heroes achieved in the First Age. If you do not wish to view the gate any longer, we can simply proceed into the palace proper."

JonRG
2014-09-29, 01:07 AM
Victor sheathes his daiklaive and waves the red-robed man towards and through his vaunted gate.

OracleofSilence
2014-09-29, 09:57 AM
"No need to try and wow us with the local scenery. Let's move on." This already seemed like a waste. No need to make it worse. And who gave a simple gate such a ridiculous name? Edru follows the robed man through the gate grumbling slightly to himself about matters of craftsmanship and "those shiny gold show offs."

JonRG
2014-09-29, 10:44 AM
"Tell me about it," Victor grumbles to Edru. "Got a talon's worth of daiklaives in there, could feed everyone in the slums for life. More I learn about this lord, the more I hate him."

horus42
2014-09-29, 12:10 PM
Ishmael look up at the gate and scowls. It's big and impressive, sure. It's a daunting way to keep out any intruders or invaders. He might be able to tear it down if he used his full strength, but he doesn't consider the option yet. Instead he merely looks to their guide as he opens the gate. He follows the others through, walking ext to Victor. "I don't blame you. It's ostentatious and in flagrant disregard to he suffering of the people. I... I feel bad for them. It's wasn't so long ago that I was in their position."

This is the first time he'd truly opened up about his past to one of the others. He wondered why that was. Maybe he felt they deserved some measure of trust if they were going to be working together, and Victor seemed nice enough.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-29, 03:10 PM
Maria stumbles along. as they approach the door that looks most like its the lord she starts chiming up, "OH LORDY LORDY LORD! I'm HOME HONEY!!! what did you wanna see me about!?" Clearly just blasted out of her ( well in this moment, his) mind.

OracleofSilence
2014-09-30, 01:14 AM
"My gods." Edru is momentarily struck dumb by the outburst, not really believing his ears, let alone any of the explanations he could come up with as to the thoughts behind it. "I get it now. It's the only explanation. You're trying to get us killed aren't you?"

JonRG
2014-09-30, 01:39 AM
Victor shrugs, temporarily shelving his plans for Gate Fearless or whatever Red had called it. "Maybe he hears the voices too? They're not always concerned with... self-preservation."

horus42
2014-09-30, 12:30 PM
Ishmael winces and falls back, not walking to close to Maria. "This is either a very good ruse... Or we're all going to die."

It seems like the time for subtlety will soon be over.

GenericMook
2014-09-30, 03:21 PM
Vash took a deep breath, and sighed. This was turning out to be more and more insane as time went on.

Great, Vash thought to himself, I'm going to die surrounded by people I met less than two hours ago and in the presence of the most absurd gate I've ever seen.

ChaosArchon
2014-10-05, 09:47 PM
As Maria!Tarbatjur drunkenly cries out, the gates begin to open and the procession once again continues. While the gate was certainly ostentatious, the grounds of the place were rather plain, although certainly there was no wanting of space as the entire top of the mountain seemed to have been leveled to construct the palace in times since long past. As the party nears the palace proper, a man in a blue robe approaches the procession and says,"Thank you Igneel I can escort our...guests from here."

While the man in red, evidently named Igneel, merely seemed perplexed at the actions of the group, this newcomer seems to view the motley crew as one might view a bit of dirt that had just gotten spilled over a really nice carpet they were quite fond of. Nevertheless he brings you to the dinning room, where you were all to meet and dine with the ruler of the city.

Although the grounds might not have been much to look at, the interior of the palace is a masterpiece to look upon. The corners of the walls and floors are gilt with gold while the walls appear to be adorned with the largest of mirrors possible, while chandeliers of the finest crystal reflect and refract light across halls as you walk towards the dinning room. The floor themselves seem made of the most immaculate and pure marble imaginable. Essentially, this place is almost as fancy as the grand halls of the Dynasts in the Realm.

After a short walk you arrive in the dining room, which is just as fine as the rest of the palace. Indeed the dinning table appears to be made out of pure jade or at least primarily made of the stuff. "My Lord shall be in shortly, he is preoccupied right now. Perhaps it will give... some of you a chance to sober up before he returns," says the man in blue before he leaves you all in the large dinning room. While the Lord might not be there yet, the table appears to be stocked already, having any food imaginable prepared for the group's consumption.

Obscurejones
2014-10-05, 10:03 PM
"Well I would never be one to impugn on a man's hospitality I cannot help but notice that this level of opulence seems at best ill conceived. At worst it seems to invite a sort of opportunism."
He looks around the table as he palms a plum and takes a nibble.
"Which is to say, I certainly won't notice if the bits that aren't nailed down disappear."

horus42
2014-10-05, 11:48 PM
"Not just opulent. It's borderline criminal to live like this when people two streets down are starving to death. Everything I find out about this Lord makes me want to punch him out a window."

JonRG
2014-10-07, 12:34 AM
Victor frowns a little and approaches the magnificent table. It's so heavy that he can only get it slightly off of the ground. Victor beams a mad grin. "Oh look. Not nailed down." Then he looks at Tarbatjur. All worried about his mate. Victor sets the table down. Grabs an apple and bites into it. He flashes quick looks at the others and nods, as if to say, "Later."

Obscurejones
2014-10-07, 12:33 PM
"Now, Victor as you know I adore your ability, but could you make that table into something we could lift and distribute to the hungry populace?"

JonRG
2014-10-07, 02:51 PM
Victor frowns a bit, but then that grin reappears. "S'like you read my mind, Bas. Get this stuff off." He waves idly at the food. Once it's gone, he furrows his brow in concentration. "Guard the doors. Don't need anyone tryin' to claw their eyes out. Once was enough." Squatting slightly, Victor runs a hand along the smooth surface. "Carved from a single block of... probably Haltan jade in the First Age. Must've taken them weeks, even working day and night. Truly a masterpiece." He snickers. "Shame, almost. All right, here goes." The air temperature drops a few degrees, and a haze of shadows has fallen over the room. Blood streams from the black starburst on Victor's forehead, but he pays it no heed. Black flames surround him. Laymen saw fire as merely a destroyer, a taker of life, but it could also create. Refine. Make the bad good and the good better. With mad ferocity, Victor tears into the jade with his bare hands. He has no tools. He needs none. That was his gift. To take an inert lump of noble arrogance and transform it into a tool of destruction, of war between Creation and the endless void. The sling was a commoner's weapon. It cost little to maintain, could be hidden from wealthy oppressors, and ammunition could be picked off the ground if need be. Fitting then that the ostentatious table was about to become the weapon for the people.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-woop.gif Spending 8 motes on Second Craft Excellency, and 5 motes on Frenzied Forge Within. Channeling Valor too, because what else are Virtues for? :smallbiggrin:

Dex/Per+Craft+Specialty: [roll0] + 4 successes
Stunt: [roll1]

OracleofSilence
2014-10-13, 11:17 PM
"Seems a bit excessive Victor. Leave some for the rest of us, yeah?" Edru barely even pays attention to the frenzy of activity over at the table, instead carefully loosening his robes and stretching meditatively. "Right. Anyone want to take bets on the reactions we get? I'll put a few cowries on something like immediate retaliation. Any of you guys think our 'hosts' will be more interesting?"

ChaosArchon
2014-10-17, 01:52 PM
Shortly after Edru expresses his curiosity regarding their host's demeanor, the door swings open to reveal a man clothed in a fine black satin shirt, with pants as pure white as the freshly fallen snow. His visage is fair but has begun to show its age, and places his somewhere in his fifties or sixties as his dark grey hair falls across his face, the majority pulled back into a long ponytail. As he enters the room, he face contorts slightly as he then regains his composure.

The man in blue also enters with him and begins to shout at the party when the older man holds up a hand,"Cyrus, will you leave us for a moment. I believe it would be better if I speak with these Chosen of the Incarnae man to man." Cyrus glares at Victor and the others, then bows and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

"Now then, why have you destroyed my belongings when I so kindly extended you an invitation into my palace." The man's voice is cold, and while the words appear light-hearted and polite, the tone behind them suggests otherwise.

Kell_tamer
2014-10-17, 01:56 PM
"WHAhey!!! Lordy McLordington! How you doin ol buddy, ol pal!?" The changing moon still in the disguise waltzes on over. "So why did you send your guards to look for lil ol me?"

ChaosArchon
2014-10-17, 02:11 PM
The Lord looks at Maria!Tarbatjurt and flatly says,"You're not him, but he is here I can sense it. Show yourself my old friend, I have been searching for you for such a long time."

Kell_tamer
2014-10-17, 02:17 PM
Janeway looks shocked and appalled at the accusation. "LORDYPOO! how could you deny me as such! " She brings her arm to her forehead. "After all we've probably been through!" She turns her back to him. "To tell me I am no longer me!" She spins back around. "THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO PROVE THIS WRONG!" She grabs him and yanks him into a big old cartoonish kiss before letting the disguise slip away. "... huh... guess you were right!" She gives a huge grin.

She stumbles back looking like shes about to fall before catching herself impossibly through drunken balance. "So whats mister Lordman Lordsterson need? Especially enough to send a Terrestrial guard to collect?"

JonRG
2014-10-17, 03:11 PM
Victor sneers, blood still smeared across his face. "What kind of lord watches his subjects starve to death from a gilded palace? Answer me that." He tosses a sling bullet idly from palm to palm.

Kell_tamer
2014-10-17, 03:17 PM
Maria grins and sidles up next to the lord. She stands crouched to the side jabbing her fingers in the air repeatedly pointing while looking back at Victor. "THIISSSSSS GUY!!!!" Big grin on her face. "But seriously stop that. " She pinches his cheek. "It's unbecoming"

GenericMook
2014-10-18, 08:44 AM
"The same person who keeps... what, forty talents worth of jade in a dining table, of all things. Can't argue with this sort of logic."

ChaosArchon
2014-10-18, 08:01 PM
As Maria kisses the Lord he recoils in disgust. When the others question him he simply smiles as if he knew more than they did, as if to suggest they could not begin to understand why he did what he did.

"Tarbatjur, I'm afraid I don't like your new friends one bit. They're noisy and rather rude, give me a moment and we can enjoy our reunion in peace." As he says this, a golden light fills the room which emanates from a construct forming in his hand. Just as quickly as the light appears, it vanishes and in it's place is a massive orichalcum grand daiklaive.

Kell_tamer
2014-10-18, 08:13 PM
Maria sighs as the lord is clearly awful Her stumbling motions seem completely disoriented. "well boo you aint a lord of anything other than the Large Pants..."/COLOR] She pulls her pipe and takes a long deep drag from it. [COLOR="#0000FF"]"You gotta relax..." With a flick of her hand a small container opens on her wrist containing cocaine.

5 Motes spent She also takes a hit at the end which gives her a drug induced penalty which is wonderful. its personal motes. Penalty is -3 because her pipe makes it count as 2 doses.

JonRG
2014-10-19, 10:42 AM
"Idiot." Victor catches the sling bullet. Runs a thumb along the edge. Another trick to help him stay grounded. The voices wanted to be loud? Fine. He'd just have to be louder. "You have a treasure here, and you're wasting it. Not your sword. Not your jade. Not even your stupid gate. It's life. Each one beautiful and unique, full of boundless potential, if only their leader had the will to tap into it. And I- And I know what you're gonna say next." Victor trembles. Sheer rage emanates from his every word. "You're- you're gonna tell me it's not a big deal. You'll quote me some Immaculate nonsense about a river. But not everyone gets a happy ending. Not everyone goes to Lethe!" He scoffs. "Hell, just look at me." Victor falls silent. "They say all the dead want is to be alive again. They're not wrong. I've asked. The countless people you've killed... I can't give them that." The sling bullet falls from his palm... and lands in two pieces. He now holds a grand daiklaive of his own. Even the lord's weapon looks duller in the presence of that much soulsteel.

"But I can give them revenge. I can give them you."

Join Battle: [roll0] + 1 success
Stunt: [roll1]

horus42
2014-10-20, 01:49 AM
"Well, that escalated quickly."

In the time it takes him to say those words, Ishmael's form changes. He blurs like liquid silver, growing and filling up the room. Where once there was a grizzled sailor, there's now the towering form of a humanoid whale. He lets loose a battle cry, a deep basso rumble of whalesong that rattles the floor of the room, vibrating up through everyone's legs, so that they feel the sound, rather than hear it.

Obscurejones
2014-10-20, 09:55 AM
Yawing Basil draws his plasma tongue repeater. Doesn't bother to get out of his chair, though.