PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [Druid 3.5] Spells.

Garou666
2014-08-11, 08:49 PM
:smallcool:

Hi guys i'm a druid 8th level! Books allowed = 3.5 without settings (forgotten realms..faerun..)

I'm thinking something to ''Control'' the field, Like Spike growth, boreal wind what u think the best?

PS: Feats: i had Natural spell

Rebel7284
2014-08-11, 08:53 PM
Entangle + Bears?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-11, 08:58 PM
Get at least one Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell from the DMG, ideally you'll want two or three of those. Get a Monk's Belt in the DMG and put a Wilding Clasp in MIC on it, so it will 'continue to function' when you wild shape. One function of a belt is to hold other items, so anything you put on your belt will also be protected when you wild shape, such as your metamagic rods.

For crowd controls and offensive casting, Druids have one of the best spell lists:
1st: Wall of Smoke (SC) and Entangle (PHB)
2nd: Kelpstrand (SC), Creeping Cold (SC, extend)
3rd: Sleet Storm (PHB), Icelance (SC)
4th: Vortex of Teeth (SC), Enhance Wild Shape (SC)
5th: Call Avalanche (Frostburn)

Also don't forget about Summon Nature's Ally, I'd recommend a Ring of the Beast in CC if possible. Summon Nature's Ally IV (III with that ring) can get a Unicorn, which has a permanent Magic Circle that keeps extraplanar creatures at bay and suppresses domination effects, and it can use a lot more cure spells than you could get from a 4th level spell slot, plus Neutralize Poison.

Obligatory Druid Handbook link (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1354.0).

eggynack
2014-08-11, 09:09 PM
In addition to what's been mentioned, I also like impeding stones (City, 66) at first, blinding spittle (SpC, 32) at second, plant growth, stone shape, and maybe vine mine (SpC, 230) at third, eye of the hurricane (SpC, 86) and wall of salt (Sand, 127) at fourth, and blizzard (Frost, 89), control winds, transmute rock to mud, and wall of thorns at fifth. Also, boreal wind is awesome, so keep doing that. I also always have my in progress handbook hanging around if you want deeper knowledge on this stuff.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-08-12, 12:58 AM
Blockade (CS) can be useful, especially because it's a swift action.
Drifts of the Shalm (PHB2) slows movement and can be combined with Blood Snow (FB) for Con drain and nausea.