Seven ships to glory
To great new lands off we went
Writing a new story

Came to shores so fresh and new
Knew our kingdom would come true
None to stop our foray
None to stop our glory

A rather weak early attempt of Fulmur the gnome bard at an anthem

All ships made it to the new lands. It's been late evening when you've first set sight on the landmass on the horizon, and half through the night, the lookout in the crow's nest has warned you about rocks and shallower waters, so you've gone anchor and waited for light. Now, in the norning, it is easy to see there are obvious ways to the shore, although care will have to be taken not to run into rocks and sandbanks. The crews of the ships are experienced, though, so there is little doubt of success.

The map you have of the area is partial and outdated, so you aren't sure where you are exactly, but the shore in front of you shows a natural harbor to anchor in, without any river spilling into the sea. The beach is whie sand, and low rolling grassland begins after a belt of bamboo-like plants, which sway slightly in the mild breeze. Fish are aplenty, and so are seagulls and other birds, some of which are unknown to you.

Several people start taking out binoculars to scan the shore. It's a good day to explore.

Vhaidara
2014-08-12, 11:40 AM
The voyage had been long, but John had been able to spend it under the tutelage of Steel Dandil.

When lands is first sighted, he makes sure to be on deck in time for the landing. Dressed in his usual suit (of glammered armor), with his revolver holstered at his side.

John brushes dust off of his coat.
New land. Smells like potential.

Jallorn
2014-08-12, 07:40 PM
Were the anticipation any thicker, Teryl could have sliced it with his blade. As things were, it was clamoring to be unsheathed; even the Black Blade could feel the excitement in the air. Teryl's own spirits simply couldn't be dampened, even though his instincts screamed at him for seriousness, for tactical assessments. In such a cheery mood, Teryl decided he needed a little fanfare, and summoned up an adventurous bit of music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TezgCpPuys), just a Ghost Sound cantrip, no sense unleashing a more complex spell from the webwork of spells he'd prepared this morning, even if he had a spell suitable to the task. Still, it was a little annoying that he had to keep recasting the spell to finish the song.

I'm probably pushing the limits of what's doable with Ghost Sound, it probably doesn't sound nearly as good as the one I linked, but it's just a bit of flavor here, so I'm sticking with it.

Smileybastard
2014-08-12, 09:05 PM
Philip walked up on deck with Raulk close on his heels. Land. A new land. It was about time. Time to begin anew.
Philip could see some scanning the shore from the ship, but that was not enough. He began looking for a launch.

Still_I_Rise
2014-08-12, 11:25 PM
Vareus sits confidently atop his disturbingly crafted Eidolon, surveying the approaching shore with anticipation. This would be the land in which he acquired the power that was rightfully his!

He smiles coolly down at Severius, who stand beside his master's creature without any hint of fear. It was nothing new to him, after all.

Words are not necessary between them at this moment, and so nothing is said. But between them there is an understanding, so basic as to admit no trace of confusion, that this place was theirs for the taking, theirs to mold and shape as they saw fit. The future lay ahead - and it was theirs.

Exthalion
2014-08-13, 12:02 AM
Dusky Mayasura and ebon Karuna stood side by side on the deck of the ship. An image of the distant land hovered before them like a mirage so that the drow's weak eyes could make out its features. Though unrelated by blood or race, the two had the unmistakable look of family.

"I trust you."

"Father?"

"You worry that your vision was a false one, I do not. I trust you."

"But what if I am wrong?"

"Then we have an interesting story at our next new home. We would have come even if you hadn't seen anything. This just confirms my faith in my choice."

Silently the two continued watching

Hattish Thing
2014-08-13, 02:00 AM
Little was known of Haldavar the Red, a creature seemingly more myth than man. He had disappeared, all those years ago into the shadows of history, considered dead to the scholars he knew him, or thought to be some sort of boogeyman who may have never existed at all. There were stories of a one-faced wizard of fire and evil that'd come to steal children from their beds if they didn't behave! Stories of strange hermits, wantonly killing from camp to camp. Stories of magic fires started in the north, resulting in great death. Whether these were the doings of the one known as Haldavar, or simply nonsensical stories pinned to the mysterious figure may never be truly solved. In reality, the once great and powerful wizard had spent the last few years of his life alone, living in a cave on a small island of ice off the coast of the frozen lands. He had exiled himself after the terrible accident that ruined his life. An accident only the few researchers and historians knew of. He had received news of a great mission to new lands, funded by some Emperor, of some country Haldavar never bothered to learn the name of. It didn't matter to him after all. In the end, the only thing that would matter would be the mission. His new beginning! Yes, Haldavar would serve this man, but in doing so begin a new life for him. A new chance to unlock the mysteries of the universe, and perhaps a chance to do what he was born to do... to rule.

---

A figure in red robes, a hood drawn over his shadowy face, finally steps onto the deck. He hadn't spoken to anyone the entire journey to the new land, instead spending his time in doors, locked away from the others. He didn't come out to eat with the others, nor socialize and meet. Why, no one on the vessel even knew what he looked like, or what his name was! The only bit of information provided was that he was here with the others, under the service of the Emperor. So, his sudden appearance may be seen as an omen of sorts. Good, most likely. The mysterious man is frail, and clad in what appears to be a cross between a robe and an armored coat. It's dyed red, and surprisingly detailed patterns of thread meant to resemble fire stitch the thing together. However, that's all that there is to be found interesting regarding his clothing. The truly interesting features happen to be several wands of varying size and shape strapped into his belt, and the curious scrap of cloth covering the side of the man's face, covering the small bit of skin the shadow of his hood wouldn't. The right of his face is fair, but weathered. His blonde hair is fading, but still retains it's color. His eye is a vibrant green, looking about hungrily at the environment perceived by the man before you. He also boasts a regal looking beard, with a scowl seemingly permanently frozen in his skin. He's weathered though, and the dark circle under his eye give him a fairly skeletal appearance. He leans upon a bunt staff, clearly fairly old and worn, before taking out a small red journal from his belt. He places the staff against the railing and quickly begins to write something down.

Grimtina
2014-08-14, 09:36 PM
The captains of the ships set out the first boats to check the shore. They are reluctant to allow the ships to anchor too close. Asides from that, they were told to listen to those sent along to have a say in matters. They are, after all, not experienced on land.

TachyonBlade
2014-08-14, 10:39 PM
There are people who reside in this world, who exist beyond the shackles of temporal restrictions and linear time. Most of these people are capable to exerting force over the time flow, and are called the Time Thieves. Rarer than most things, they're likely to be a protectors of time, and good people who protect others who cannot.

The Time Thief in question, however, was not of the sort. The Time Thief was Lukas Straken, the Crime of Lord of the Empires, and master thief, as well as a criminal mastermind. He was on this colonization ship to exploit, damage, murder, and generally make money.

Lukas put his hands on the ship's edge, and took a breath of the fresh air coming from the land. He grinned in a rather stereotypical criminal way, a tactic he'd perfected and turned into a reflex over the years, and imagined the island's future. Almost felt pity for it, before he remembered how much money he was gonna make.

unseenmage
2014-08-17, 01:14 AM
Master Sican scrambles onto deck just in time to see the first boats launched and that he'd missed his chance to attach Grinner to anyone particularly noteworthy. He strikes the palm of his hand upon the railing, "Double damn.", if only he'd been slightly less absorbed in detailing that new mask. His son, a handcrafted warforged by the name of Idle, as always echoes his sentiment in a most literal way. "Now junior, that's no language for a leader of men now is it?", he gently chides.

"Go tell the apprentices to come up here and see this too, would you boy? 'Bout time they knocked some of the reagents off their coattails. Get some of this New World wind in their lungs."

As his entourage of apprentices mills about on deck gazing at the shore with everyone else Master Sican seeks out the captain of his particular vessel. He plans to once again offer the services of his Constructs as brute force labor on board. The man had superstitiously forbade their use so far but that out there was literally new territory. In light of that fact perhaps he'd relent at last.

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 06:25 AM
Captain Grogar, a bulky orc with one one eye and a green eyepatch, agees this time. There is stuff to be carried to land, after all, even if for now it would only be the things needed for a base camp. "This is solid ground," he says, "and ye landrats are better at dealing with that than us waterlegs."

Exthalion
2014-08-19, 06:01 PM
Mayasura gained the shore with the regal presence of a prince entering his palace.

"Our first priority should be to locate a source of potable water, followed by ensuring our security. Ready your lyre, and give thought to a wall against the night. I shall find you a place to use it."

His command given he began a deeply voiced chant, covering his eyes in a ritual gesture. With a final syllable he looked up and, though his eyes remained closed, saw.

Casting Arcane Eye and directing it up and forward. Going to take 10 on Perception and Knowledge Nature and Architecture rolls. Looking for both a good place for the night and a good spot for long term settlement.
Perception Take 10: 26
Knowledges Take 10: 33

Let me know if I need to roll those.

Jallorn
2014-08-19, 09:11 PM
Your priorities would be appropriate if we were shipwrecked, but seeing as we have supplies of fresh water left on the ships, I must insist we ensure security before we go looking for water. I recommend organizing a handful of scouting parties, two to go up and down the coast a ways, and three or so to search inland, though likely not as far. Of course, we should also set up a perimiter around the base camp and post sentires. Teryl sighs, We should also establish a proper chain of command; as I understand it, you were told nothing more than that we few would be in charge to some extent once we landed, yes captain?

unseenmage
2014-08-19, 09:58 PM
The thin and wiry ratfolk perks up at this, "Count me out as leader if you wouldn't mind." He'd been barking orders to a panoply of Constructs and apprentices who'd accompanied him. He gives a sharp toothed grin, "Well other than over my subordinates here of course."

"Also, I want you folk to know I have no interest in fighting anyone, especially any of you, for my piece of this New World. I look to see to it that me and mine thrive off the successes of other civilization. Be it a native one or us invaders. Just puttin' that out there so there's no confusion about my place in all this."

Vhaidara
2014-08-19, 10:07 PM
John nods.
I agree, we will need a leader. Though as long as he'll take my advice, I have no particular desire to be that leader. Far too much red tape.
He spins the chamber on his revolver, then sights down the barrel.
Steel Dandil should be able to manage basic construction of a settlement, if some of us want to go out and explore the new land.

Hattish Thing
2014-08-19, 10:12 PM
The thin and wiry ratfolk perks up at this, "Count me out as leader if you wouldn't mind." He'd been barking orders to a panoply of Constructs and apprentices who'd accompanied him. He gives a sharp toothed grin, "Well other than over my subordinates here of course."

"Also, I want you folk to know I have no interest in fighting anyone, especially any of you, for my piece of this New World. I look to see to it that me and mine thrive off the successes of other civilization. Be it a native one or us invaders. Just puttin' that out there so there's no confusion about my place in all this."

With a movement slow but deliberate, the wizard in red walks over towards the others. As he walks, the end of his imposing and somewhat intimidating staff knocks against the wooden deck, creating a booming sound. His shoulders lurch a tad, and his leg seems to have a bit of a limp. The low red hood covers most of him, but his grayed beard falls to his chest, well-groomed. As he stops, his billowing cloak of crimson falls behind him. "Natives? There will be no success for the natives." He looks up a bit, out towards the beach. "No... by the time we're done here, natives won't mean a thing." He leans on his staff a bit more now, not quite facing the ratfolk. "We are conquerors, my friend."

Still_I_Rise
2014-08-19, 10:31 PM
Vareus smiles coolly as the others discuss the matter of leadership. He mounts Araneae, and they fly gracefully through the air to where the conversation is taking place.

"Indeed. Though I doubt there will be much to conquer.

Nonetheless, if none of the rest of you desire the burden of leadership, I shall take it."

Jallorn
2014-08-19, 10:53 PM
Well, now, I never said I wasn't interested in that position. It's good we have those willing to follow, and indeed, I am one such, but I follow only the worthy. Tell me your worth and I shall tell you mine. Teryl gives Vareus a friendly smile, resting his hand upon the hilt of his Black Blade.

Exthalion
2014-08-19, 10:56 PM
"I will have a basic survey of the area withing slightly less than thirty-five miles within a few minutes. It should provide us with major topographical features and large settlements. I advise waiting and using this information to inform further searches."

The aasimar let the shipwrecked comment pass. Anyone slow enough on the uptick to know he referred to the sight of initial settlement would not appreciate the correction.

"Being realistic, how much authority would any of us actually surrender to any leader? Would having a nominal leader be functionally different than all of us jointly agreeing to do something?"

Jallorn
2014-08-19, 11:53 PM
Yes. In situations like this, where we have the time to debate the optimal course of action it seems less important, but in the thick of things, where you need a decision fast and you need to know everyone will work together to ensure success, you need someone who can command and expect to be obeyed. I will not command the unwilling, they have a bad tendency to not follow orders, but we need to empower someone to choose a course of action when there's no time to debate.

Smileybastard
2014-08-20, 05:33 AM
Philip

Philip has been watching the bickering going on and refraining to speak until now. "Water is more important. We have stores but we should not waste a potentially limited resource necessary to survive without knowing if we can easily replace it. There is no point in beginning a fortification without water as defending t would be pointless. Defend ourselves of course, but focus on the search for water. Find a source of water and then you can plan your defenses. As for a leader? Of course it is important to have a leader. You can limit their powers, but a leader is essential for those situation where people need to act fast as well and focusing the community."

Grimtina
2014-08-20, 06:14 AM
Casting Arcane Eye and directing it up and forward. Going to take 10 on Perception and Knowledge Nature and Architecture rolls. Looking for both a good place for the night and a good spot for long term settlement.
Perception Take 10: 26
Knowledges Take 10: 33

Let me know if I need to roll those.

There is rolling gassland for as far as you can see, with some bushes and the odd low tree mingled in. The ground seems to be mostly sandy, here and there already intermingling with loam . Here and there are a fw boulders, who look to be remnants of former floods. There are a few animals - rabbits and hares, strange new birds, and a large lizard type roaming the plains in small herds. Among some of those boulders not too far up the shore, a first camp would work out well, especially as nearby is the only, rather small, pool of water a few feet in diameter)you can see, but you can't say if it may not be saltwater.

TachyonBlade
2014-08-20, 04:52 PM
Lukas continued to stand behind the rest of the main cast members of the colonization effort, evading notice as well as he could through mundane means, which wasn't that bad of an effort, and smiled as he heard the talks and worries of what seemed to be the future government of the island. In his mind, the first thing he would have wanted done would be a quiet expedition to find what had happened to the earlier colonizers, and worry about that and not problems that weren't going to affect them yet.

While his plans dd include the exploitation of natives, more than enough genre savvyness resided in Lukas to guess that the natives were probably not very nice to outsiders, either the sentient, sapient, or neither of those natives.

Still_I_Rise
2014-08-21, 05:50 PM
Vareus nods his approval to the others explanations of the importance of a leader's role.

He meets Teryl's gaze steadily, looking down at him from Araneae.

"As a summoner, the majority of my power hinges on my capabilities as an effective leader. The position comes naturally to me, you might say.

Of course, I cannot lead equals if they are unwilling to follow, so if you do not trust my judgment, I see no reason to attempt to force you in submission."

Exthalion
2014-08-21, 06:32 PM
"It might be prudent to table this discussion, I have located a location with sufficient building materials and possibly water to serve as a site for our initial outpost. From the vantage I was surveying I cannot tell if the water is salty or not, but that problem is easily solved. Additionally, there are essentially no rivers and few trees within two days travel of here. I would suggest elevating any structures, as some of the boulders show signs of having been brought to the plane by floods. If raised platforms will be enough I cannot say with the available evidence, but it is little extra effort for a great possible increase in safety."

As he started walking in the direction of the potential site he added, "There were no signs of natives visible to the naked eye, but I would still be cautious."

Smileybastard
2014-08-21, 06:37 PM
Philip

Philip listens and nods. "A leader is about how one leads and the direction he or she takes. I see little in the way that makes an individual who summons entities who are magically slaved to one requires any real leadership more than any other skill or occupation."
"A leader is one who knows how to make a choice. One who knows that he or she may not be the right one to make many choices and how to bring people into agreement. To find common ground. To work towards the common good, not just their own. It is also a person who deals in reality, rather that just flowery words. I seek to lead. I will not call it a burden to convince anyone of anything, it is what I desire. I seek to build a new settlement that will stand the test of time and not exceed it's grasp."

unseenmage
2014-08-21, 06:53 PM
Master Sican responds to this last, "I think perhaps some are discussing leadership while others are discussing tactical generalship. I myself am no genius tactically but I know commanding my 'slaved subordinates' requires at least a modicum of tactical planning."

He waves to the one who began walking, "Speaking of tactical decisions it might be prudent to establish some distance communication between those of us "leading" our own subordinates so that if one of us finds a danger or opportunity the others can be apprised of it."

Jallorn
2014-08-22, 01:55 AM
No, tactical considerations are only one piece of the puzzle. Morality and trust matter as well, at least when dealing with uncompulsed subordinates. In short, a leader must be not only of sound mind, but also of sound character and personality. A good leader knows the best move, and has earned the trust of his followers, especially the trust that he has their safety in mind at all times. Teryl pauses a moment, as if weighing his options, I submit myself for consideration, citing my experience leading my family's knights, especially in the conflict against the demon sorcerers. I claim strategic capability, and more, my commitment to see every one of my allies survive whatever may come, he gives a cocky grin, even if only for pride's sake.

As for bases, it will take time to move everything from the ships to the shore, and then the shore to wherever we establish ourselves, and I, for one, would prefer that the trip from here to there be scouted out first. How far is the water source?

Grimtina
2014-08-22, 02:24 AM
About 5 miles away

Grimtina
2014-08-25, 05:59 PM
The potential site is on solid ground, and the wind ripples the pond nearby. Bamboo and a few other plants, some with blossoms, grow in and around the water.

knowledge nature to identify or at least guess at their type

Vhaidara
2014-08-25, 06:02 PM
John, not being a big plant person, keeps his eye out for potential threats, be they native or beast.

Take 10 Perception: 13

Exthalion
2014-08-25, 06:48 PM
Mayasura examined the flora with a pleased expression, occasionally speaking his thoughts aloud.

"It will be interesting to see if Brash'nagan's structural assertion holds with these new specimen. I still say it has is predicatively barren..."
Knowledge Nature: Take 10 = 33

Grimtina
2014-08-25, 07:51 PM
The plants are a type of bamboo also known to your homeland, very good for building things, especailly hutts and fences. The red flowers are clearly a type of water lily, useful for medical purposes, and the white ones in the deeper water are likely water-onions, very rare at home and good as vegetables as well as for a spell recently developed. It also means that this is freshwater, and likely very clear as water lilies are very sensitive to any sort of decay or poison.

moossabi
2014-08-25, 08:00 PM
No one noticed. That was the beauty of it. Two invisibility spells, one for her, one for Stuart. Arlinth looked on as the others went about their business. She decided that it was time to end the spell.

"Excuse me sirs. I was wondering if you were in need of shelter? I think that I have a spell that can help."

Vhaidara
2014-08-25, 09:23 PM
John places a hand on his revolver as the invisible person joins them.
Pardon me, but is there a reason you have been spying on us?

unseenmage
2014-08-25, 10:09 PM
Master Sican arches an eyebrow at the previously unvisible new arrival while leaning around a jutting golem elbow. 'Wonder where they've been this whole time?'

His apprentices he'd left to the care of his son back at the ships. His Junk Golem, homunculus, and cadre of animated hand sculptures he'd brought with him. There were four of the hands, each wrapped in a tarpaulin which was in turn bound with twine.

The lot of them were slower than the average person. About as slow as the average dwarf overland. Though the Construct's lack of a need to rest made up for it largely.

To the newcomer he comments pedantically, "I assume by your language and garb you're not a native which tells me you're either one of us or a stowaway. Either way, welcome and do try not to startle us so in the future. Thanks."

Still_I_Rise
2014-08-25, 10:45 PM
Vareus: [roll0]
Araneae: [roll1]
Severius: [roll2]

Vareus and his comrades keep out a sharp eye for any items of interest as they approach the site.

Severius places his hand on one of his swords as the newcomers appear, and Vareus pats the top of Araneae's head casually.

"Your spell would undoubtedly be welcome. However I must join my companions in requesting that you explain why you were hidden - and refrain from doing so in the future."

Exthalion
2014-08-25, 10:49 PM
"Not stowaways no, they have been around. I would guess they cast that spell almost the moment we landed and have been following us since then, the spell doesn't last much longer than that.

As for their purpose, this display was probably supposed to impress us or reinforce their belief in their superiority by demonstrably hiding from us. Personally, I find it to be wasteful. The action is more annoying than awe inspiring, and the potential of that magic is now spent to no good end.

But then again, I am an overly critical pessimist who prefers the company of books to people. I am sure all of that is just me being too negative."

He turned to the "new" arrivals.

"Daily shelter for a few is unnecessary, and my son is already prepared with spells of longer term construction. Thank you for the offer though, and I apologize for talking about you as though you were not here. My levels of sardonicism and irritation are strongly correlated, a flaw my guardians were never able to rid me of."

moossabi
2014-08-25, 11:21 PM
"My apologies, I had to be sure that no one here would decide to put a knife in my back," she turns to Mayasura, "and I don't think that ensuring my safety is to be considered 'wasteful'. As for my 'shelter spell,' that was in fact an attempt at impressing, and it would, in fact, still be useful."

Stuart's a small lizard. Sorry for the confusion.

Grimtina
2014-08-26, 12:53 PM
Araneae is the only one to notice a mark on one of the boulders, definitely looking artificial.

Exthalion
2014-08-26, 06:11 PM
"If you were concerned that your fellow settlers would kill you, you shouldn't have come. If you thought spells as limited and short term as the third resonance's reweaving of light could protect you against them if they meant you harm, you had best reconsider your defensive plans.

If the spell will be useful, cast it and impress us. I neither ask nor require it to count you as part of his company or able to contribute to it. It is my hope that the others here feel the same.

What I do ask is that you stop acting as though we are your enemies. There are troubles enough in these lands besides the ones we bring with us.

Again, I apologize that I am less than gracious. In my defense, your actions so far have done very little to ingratiate you."

Perception: [roll0]

moossabi
2014-08-26, 07:42 PM
"Makes sense. My apologies, I have... trust issues. So, on to my so-called 'shelter spell.' It is fairly small, but I am certain that it will function well. It takes time to cast, so keep an eye on my familiar for me."

Cast Secure Shelter, 10 minute casting time, Focused northeast of the pond.

unseenmage
2014-08-26, 08:16 PM
Master Sican nods sagely, "So, here we are. And there the water is. Who's for testing how potable it is and then getting to the settlement building? I have some ideas about mining and the animation of removed stone that I'm longing to try out as soon as possible."

He rubs his chin with his forefinger thoughtfully, "Though I suppose walls to defend above ground constructions might be the more pressing issue."

Exthalion
2014-08-26, 09:05 PM
"Karuna, my son, has with him a lyre of such enchanting voice that earth and stone and living wood each delight to dance according to its song. I shall ask that he begin to play it, and raise our shelter about us. Once this conjured residence has dissipated he can begin to construct our habitation.

Fear not for the water though, lilies do not love the salted water."

Still_I_Rise
2014-08-28, 12:58 AM
Araneae whispers to Vareus in a sibilant voice which none save the two of them can comprehend.

"As necessary and pertinent as shelter may be, I should draw your attention to this marking. Araneae assures me it is of artificial make..."

Araneae crawls forward so that Vareus can examine the mark more closely.

Are any Knowledge or Linguistics checks applicable? If so:

Arcana: [roll0]
Planes: [roll1]
Linguistics: [roll2]
Knowledge X: [roll3] (any type that would applicable, I have one rank in all the other knowledge skills)

Grimtina
2014-08-28, 04:31 PM
Mayasura:

You can't fail to notice the raven-like bird, just grey in color, that is sitting on one of the stunted trees a short bit away. It is staring right at your group in a very... familiar way

Vareus:
The mark closely resembles the "clear water" rune from the eastern barbarian tribe which had suddenly vanished from the home continent 73 years ago.

Still_I_Rise
2014-08-28, 10:44 PM
After a moment pf leaning over to inspect the rock, Vareus straightens up and turns to his companions.

"This rune appears very similar to the symbol for 'clear water' used by the eastern barbarian. The tribe vanished quite suddenly from our home continent around 70 years ago.

It would seem our company here may not be the most civilized sort. Hardly a problem, however, for it should make them easier to subjugate."

Grimtina
2014-09-02, 08:24 PM
Anyone still wanting to introduce yourselves, do so now because after that it is time for a building round

moossabi
2014-09-06, 02:08 PM
"Done."

As Stuart leaps up onto Arlinth's shoulder, the spell completes. A log cabin has been summoned, with eight beds, a writing desk, and a nice fireplace.

"This should serve as a preliminary shelter. There's also an invisible servant and arcane locks on the door and windows. As for the others, I don't have any more of those spells available at this time, but I'm sure that they all packed bedrolls. I shall sleep outside, as I can see that you would like to be rid of me and my unfortunate tendencies."

Grimtina
2014-09-09, 08:55 AM
Around the landing site, campfires have been set up, and a few strong men have built temporary fences and cages for animals from diftwood and branches. A group of former headhunters calling themselves "Silent Wind," known well in your homelands for being able to sneak up upon almost anything and finding almost anyone, has taken to do patrols and set up a secure perimeter with torches and small fires. The night is then, indeed, as uneventful as everyone had hoped.

Do we want an extra kingdom building thread or do it in the OOC?

unseenmage
2014-11-03, 12:20 PM
Master Sican spends his evening first giving a lecture to his apprentices and then tinkering with his constructs. Much of of the activity seems to be simply cleaning out the cobwebs; in both cases.