PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] List of Psionic Powers with No Saves and Power Resistance: Yes

HaikenEdge
2014-08-12, 07:47 AM
Does anybody have a list of psionic powers that have no saves but allow for power resistance? I tried searching the Sovelior Sage SRD, but it just doesn't have the function to search by save/no save and power resistance. A searchable database would work just as well, but it would need to be able to be searched in a way that allowed searching for saves/power resistance.

Segev
2014-08-12, 07:51 AM
Sadly, I cannot help you here, but I am curious why you need that specific combination. Could you please elaborate on your use for this list?

HaikenEdge
2014-08-12, 07:54 AM
My DM made the decision to say, and I quote, "Psionics will be played as printed, meaning they are spell-like abilities, make of that what you will", so it'll basically be treated as akin to the Mind Flayer ability entry "Psionics (Sp)", meaning, due to the game using Magic/Psionics transparency, I can essentially grab Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) and punch through SR/PR for all my psionic powers.

Psyren
2014-08-12, 07:58 AM
This sounds like a great way to get psionics banned.

Unfortunately, as far as your question, I'm not aware of any particularly great psionics databases.

HaikenEdge
2014-08-12, 08:01 AM
I pretty much told the DM it was a bad idea to run it that way, even suggesting alternatives, but he's sticking with it, so I'm going to try to disabuse him of the notion that it's a good idea through optimization.

Heck, it's not even really optimization when all I'm using is one feat (Supernatural Transformation).

Segev
2014-08-12, 08:11 AM
Unless the DM is okay with you doing specifically this, I strongly suggest not doing it. This ruling on his part isn't hurting anything if you don't deliberately try to break it, is it? Play the game normally; if it comes out as an advantage, enjoy it, but don't go out of your way to exploit and abuse it just to "teach the DM a lesson." The purpose of a game is to have fun. For everybody. So unless the DM's rule is going to cause you less fun, "teaching him a lesson" by breaking the game with it is not really appropriate.

HaikenEdge
2014-08-12, 08:16 AM
Since the rule was decided upon because I'm the only person in the game who plays psionics, I'd say the rule was meant specifically to target me and limit what I can do, so it comes off as a passive-aggressive "take that, you rude psionics user you" because the DM threw up that rule rather than ask me nicely to be kind and rewind.

I already agreed to play a support-type character, so it isn't as if I'm planning on going around and throwing a wrench in things; the reason I'm looking for the list now is to have an idea of what my options can be, because I know my group will inevitably fall upon hard times (like rolling a bunch of 1s during a crucial encounter, or just players ignoring strategy and running face-first into a mob of enemies who will probably destroy them), and I'd like to be able to keep everybody from dying as much as possible.

Segev
2014-08-12, 08:19 AM
Okay. You know your table and friends better than some random guy on an internet message board, so it's your choice and it could be no problem for your group.

I'm not sure how this rule can screw you up, though, so if you have an idea how he plans to (or could plan to) use it to do so, I'm curious.