PDA

View Full Version : Wildshaped Druid wishes to Communicate with Others

Behold_the_Void
2007-03-05, 06:52 PM
The Druid in my party is having a bit of a problem because when they go into combat situations and she's Wildshaped, she cannot communicate with the other players. I'm wondering if there is an existing spell that does allow this, or if one needs to be homebrewed. If so, I'd need to know the name of the book it's from so I can check it out myself, I don't see too many problems with having such a spell so I'm more than likely willing to allow it.

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-05, 06:56 PM
Telepathic Bond, a fifth-level wiz/sorc spell. Core. Gets the whole party.
There's a Lesser Telepathic Bond in the Spell Compendium, that'll link you to one person.

Behold_the_Void
2007-03-05, 06:58 PM
I should mention we don't have an Arcane Caster, just a Druid and a Cleric. It's a good idea though.

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-05, 07:00 PM
Um... get an arcane caster.

You could try to get your party a command-word items of Speak with Animals, a first-level druid spell, but that'd be a custom item so I don't know if it'd be allowed.

Halcyon_Dax
2007-03-05, 07:04 PM
As far as homebrew goes, a feat that allowed the druid to talk when wildshaped with a prerequisite of natural spell wouldnt be bad.

Rigeld2
2007-03-05, 07:07 PM
If he wants to dip one level of Warshaper, hed get the ability to speak as a Wildshaped creature. But all the spells and such have already been covered.

Behold_the_Void
2007-03-05, 07:08 PM
I don't mind homebrew, the setting itself is homebrew with several homebrew classes. That feat is definitely something to look into, she'd probably take it. Arcane Caster is out of the question currently, the group is full and nobody wanted to play one, which I'm certainly not going to demand. Continuous-use magic item might also work.

Where's Warshaper from?

Rigeld2
2007-03-05, 07:11 PM
Its actually Master of Many Forms (I was thinking the wrong PrC) but its in CompAdven, page 58.