PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Dragon Breath?

KingMasterlord
2014-08-12, 03:01 PM
OK, Dragonborn sorcerer, ancient soul and breath attack are all lightning.
Lightning Daggers against yourself = at will breath recharge costing 2d4 DMG?

At lvl 16 (when you get Lightning Daggers), this would be devastating if you paired with a healer. Please tell me this is viable, I've got a whole back story worked out based around a 6'1" 200lbs Dragonborn with a powerful breath attack.

Kurald Galain
2014-08-12, 03:18 PM
Yes, that works. A trick that works more often per day is Ancient Soul + Nusemnee's Atonement, then hit any ally with your dragonbreath (to take the damage yourself and recharge the breath).

This build is more challenging to play than it seems, because it walks a fine line between not killing enemies fast enough, and killing yourself with the backlash. If built and played well, it is generally considered high cheese and a popular target for banlists.

KingMasterlord
2014-08-12, 03:21 PM
Yeah the ongoing from Lightning Daggers was about the cheapest dmg cost I could find. Whatever book that feat is in, I either don't own it or have performed a miracle of oversight by not seeing it.

obryn
2014-08-12, 03:29 PM
Yeah, while quite a lot of abusive exploits (like Kulkor and Feycharger) were nerfed, the errata process was halted before they got around to rebreathers.

KingMasterlord
2014-08-12, 03:34 PM
Monster PCs are permitted within reason in our group, (satyr, ect), and we tend to have large parties. encounter levels tend to be higher in general because of this. I don't feel bad at all gimping the system a bit in this regard, considering what we go up against, lol.