PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is a better starting combo pally 3 / warlock 2 or warlock 3/pally2

CyberThread
2014-08-12, 09:07 PM
Am not sure what am doing with it yet, am sort of going maybe more rp then pure stats, but going for a holy pact warrior of some sort, what do you think raw mechanics wise, is more feesable ?

Yorrin
2014-08-12, 09:10 PM
Methinks the third level of warlock gets you more than the third level of pali. Second level spells and a pact boon vs divine health and your first oath feature. If you take the two path features to cancel out, second level casting is more important than divine health.

CyberThread
2014-08-12, 09:15 PM
What do you think, pact of the chain double attack invocation , while binding a martial paladins two handed weapon, or go more towards the book of shadows or the familer pesudodragon?

Naanomi
2014-08-12, 10:02 PM
What do you think, pact of the chain double attack invocation , while binding a martial paladins two handed weapon, or go more towards the book of shadows or the familer pesudodragon?
I'm pretty sure the Double Attack invocation doesn't stack with multiple attacks you might get from more Paladin levels (not sure your plans on future advancement); but thematically I think a weapon 'fits' more for most Paladin/Warlock concepts anyways.

Yorrin
2014-08-12, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the Double Attack invocation doesn't stack with multiple attacks you might get from more Paladin levels (not sure your plans on future advancement); but thematically I think a weapon 'fits' more for most Paladin/Warlock concepts anyways.

My thoughts exactly. If you're going to get high enough level for multiple attacks to be a thing, then you're not going to want to pick up that invocation at least. You could still go blade pact, and when/if you get Lifedrinker you'd be a pretty potent melee combatant. On the other hand the Tome is clearly the best if you want to focus on your caster side, and I would argue it would give you the most utility, but might not fit well thematically. As for Chain... I'm not really seeing it with a paladin. And honestly it seems like the weakest of the three pacts in general, though it would be a fun dip on a scout type character.

Naanomi
2014-08-12, 10:54 PM
My thoughts exactly. If you're going to get high enough level for multiple attacks to be a thing, then you're not going to want to pick up that invocation at least.
Or trade it out, if your advancement plan would support such a thing

CyberThread
2014-08-13, 02:15 AM
My thoughts so far.....

Pally two gives...

Evil radar....all armor,sheidls, weapons

Lay of hands

one spell , fighting style , divine smite

Three Warlock gives....

Two cantrips , summonable unbreakable magical weapon of my choice, one way telepathy , some spells , invocations (will have to figure this one out somehow )

some sort of back story....Serves an outer being whose not all psycho evil like the usual chuluthlu archtype... Some sort of moral values that are unusal but still clear cut, proably the vengence oath style is the best one.

Race......Tiefling, Dragonborn, and drow tend to be the best CHA ones, but dragonborn work better for being stats that help in melee.

Okay yep, I think it is confirmed 5e is still friendly for being easy to create something you want out of weird choices.

Now too figure out those spell and invocation choices.

RAce....