PDA

View Full Version : Strip DnD?

Nightly
2014-08-12, 09:42 PM
Anyone have rules for this?

AMFV
2014-08-12, 09:46 PM

Well it'd probably revolve around combat, you could make it so every fumble or one on a die required an article of clothing be removed, although that might not get people stripped quite as quickly as one would like.

KillianHawkeye
2014-08-12, 09:56 PM
D&D doesn't really lend itself to stripping as well as, say, a card game does. D&D is not fast-paced, nor are there always a clear winner and a loser. I mean, you could probably modify D&D to be more useful to a stripping game, but it wouldn't really resemble a "normal" D&D game very closely.

This is all besides the fact that the typical group of D&D players are not the sort of people one normally wants to do any stripping with..........

georgie_leech
2014-08-12, 09:56 PM
Well it'd probably revolve around combat, you could make it so every fumble or one on a die required an article of clothing be removed, although that might not get people stripped quite as quickly as one would like.

Finally, a reason for Fighters to use TWF.

Vhaidara
2014-08-12, 10:05 PM
Finally, a reason for Fighters to use TWF.

TWFign Fighter vs Monk: Who Strips Faster

Wait, maybe this could balance casters. Every time you have to resort to magic, lose a piece of clothing.

Owl Prowler
2014-08-12, 10:09 PM
TWFign Fighter vs Monk: Who Strips Faster

Wait, maybe this could balance casters. Every time you have to resort to magic, lose a piece of clothing.

Flurry of Clothes.:smalltongue:

Also, unless you're playing with some extremely ugly people, I don't see how that's an incentive not to play casters.

Zanos
2014-08-12, 10:11 PM
Flurry of Clothes.:smalltongue:

Also, unless you're playing with some extremely ugly people, I don't see how that's an incentive not to play casters.
I honestly can't think of a table I've been at in recent memory where I would want anyone to take their clothes off.

Perhaps everyone starts naked, and puts clothes on as you go?

Vhaidara
2014-08-12, 10:13 PM

Well, I for one play in a group of straight males, in a room that has RAs coming through every two hours, so...

Also, I was more referring to the caster running out of clothes. Can't cast if you can't strip.

Milodiah
2014-08-12, 10:35 PM
I say make 1HP = 1 item of clothing, and watch as hilarity ensues while your barbarian runs out of things in his/her closet as the party levels.

"Guys, roll my dice for me. Can't bend my elbows so well with all these jackets on."

Owl Prowler
2014-08-12, 10:46 PM
I say make 1HP = 1 item of clothing, and watch as hilarity ensues while your barbarian runs out of things in his/her closet as the party levels.

"Guys, roll my dice for me. Can't bend my elbows so well with all these jackets on."

Imagine playing with an ubercharger under such a rule.

"Let's see, you roll... HOW much damage?!"

"Guess we better make a stop at Macy's."

OverdrivePrime
2014-08-12, 10:49 PM
Considering most of us at my game table are either married to each other, dating, have dated one another, or have just known each other for too dang long, that'd be pretty awkward. I'm blessed to game with a pretty good looking crew, but... yeah, hella awkward, yo.

What you could do is base the system on percentage of hit points. So if I'm wearing 6 articles of clothing (shirt, pants, belt, skivvies, socks, shoes) and my character has 120 hit points, I take something off for every 20 hit points of damage he takes.

For added fun, every time your character fails a save against some sort of status effect, take a shot.
Dazzled, minor penalty (doom), dazzle: shot of beer
shaken, sickened, dazed, -2 penalty: shot of wine
Frightened, entangled, staggered, -4 penalty: shot of light liquor like Rumchata
Cursed, Stunned, Slowed: shot of stronger stuff like Sambuca
Panicked, Paralyzed, Dominated: shot of something dang strong like Captain Morgan Black

Have fun! :smallsmile:

mr_odd
2014-08-12, 10:53 PM
I'm surprised that the BoEF didn't have a rules section for this.

CyberThread
2014-08-12, 10:54 PM
You rolled a 1, time to show your stars and garters.

Vhaidara
2014-08-12, 11:18 PM
For added fun, every time your character fails a save against some sort of status effect, take a shot.
Frightened, entangled, staggered, -4 penalty: shot of light liquor like Rumchata
Panicked, Paralyzed, Dominated: shot of something dang strong like Captain Morgan Black

What if you get hit by a death effect?

The correct answer is hot chocolate, to help you feel better.

Milodiah
2014-08-12, 11:19 PM
Nope, fifth of vodka. Go for that death effect in and out of character.

ArqArturo
2014-08-12, 11:27 PM
Well, first off we need to have several thematic taverns where gambling is allowed. Second, the taverns must have anti-scry/anti-illusion spells to avoid spellcasters from stealing the taverns. Lastly, put something other than gambling in these taverns: Food, entertainment, etc.

StoneCipher
2014-08-12, 11:28 PM
Could make sunder rolls vs their clothing.

Sheogoroth
2014-08-13, 12:06 AM
Run Tomb of horrors.

Every time someone has to roll a new character, they remove an article of clothing?

Thurbane
2014-08-13, 12:17 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/25r0b3n.jpg

AMFV
2014-08-13, 12:22 AM
Run Tomb of horrors.

Every time someone has to roll a new character, they remove an article of clothing?

3.5 Tomb Of Horrors is considerably less lethal.

Milodiah
2014-08-13, 12:43 AM
3.5 Tomb Of Horrors is considerably less lethal.

Which needs to be fixed. We've come so far, it should be MORE lethal!

BlackDog918
2014-08-13, 12:57 AM
Considering most of us at my game table are either married to each other, dating, have dated one another, or have just known each other for too dang long, that'd be pretty awkward. I'm blessed to game with a pretty good looking crew, but... yeah, hella awkward, yo.

What you could do is base the system on percentage of hit points. So if I'm wearing 6 articles of clothing (shirt, pants, belt, skivvies, socks, shoes) and my character has 120 hit points, I take something off for every 20 hit points of damage he takes.

I don't know who you're drinking with slick, but where I come from we have very different views on what constitutes strong liquor.

CyberThread
2014-08-13, 12:59 AM
Run Tomb of horrors.

My beholders better

Zanos
2014-08-13, 01:00 AM
I don't know who you're drinking with slick, but where I come from we have very different views on what constitutes strong liquor.
Captain Morgan Black is 50% alcohol.

What are you drinking, moonshine?

BlackDog918
2014-08-13, 01:14 AM

Captain Morgan Black is 50% alcohol.

What are you drinking, moonshine?

It's only 47%, and rum is fermented from sugarcane. That cuts down on the harshness quite a bit. I suppose it's worth noting that when we play drinking games in my house, shots are done with everclear. 180 proof.

Milodiah
2014-08-13, 01:17 AM
Your everclear is only 180-proof?

AuraTwilight
2014-08-13, 01:49 AM
I once played a game called Drinking and Dragons. Every time you roll a 20, take a drink. Every time you roll a 1, lose a piece of clothing. If you're down to your underwear, you gotta kiss the person to your left.

It was fun.

sideswipe
2014-08-13, 05:01 AM
this idea would be pretty good for me.

my group has three women in it, the bad part is that one of them is my sister, so i can never use this.

Spore
2014-08-13, 05:26 AM
The main problem is the DM to be honest. Because of my group's playstyle the DM is forced to decide whatgoes and what doesn't.Which would make him the "Stripmaster" in those games you propose.

Strip games loose when you need an arbiter to decide whether to strip or not. It's just awkward for both sides because every ingame decision reverts to: "Let the DM decide of you loose a piece of clothing."

Talya
2014-08-13, 06:57 AM
It's only 47%, and rum is fermented from sugarcane. That cuts down on the harshness quite a bit.

Rum is generally fermented from molassus. Direct sugarcane fermentation is how Brazillian Cachaça is made, though. While it does change the flavor, it has very little to do with the "harshness." Harshness, in turn, has nothing to do with whether the liquor is strong or not.

I suppose it's worth noting that when we play drinking games in my house, shots are done with everclear. 180 proof.

Everclear comes in 151 proof and 190 proof versions. As a neutral spirit (95% alcohol, 5% water), it lacks ALL of the "harshness" you are describing. In spirits, alcohol is alcohol - the chemical compound C2H6O. The flavor does not change with its origin. You can ferment alcohol from a lot of different sources, if you distill away too much of that source, you lose any flavoring from that source. (This is why real Vodka is something of a joke - made properly, vodka is only two things - water and alcohol, with no trace flavor from anything else, so it doesn't matter if you make it from grains or potatoes or anything else, the flavor will be the same. A premium vodka is chemically identical to - and therefore tastes the same as - a cheap bottle of Smirnoff.) The flavor of the spirit doesn't come from the alcohol itself, but from the trace impurities intentionally left in it during distillation, and those added to it during the aging process.

torrasque666
2014-08-13, 08:05 AM

my group has three women in it, the bad part is that one of them is my sister, so i can never use this.

he never said it had to have tongue. :smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2014-08-13, 08:56 AM
Here are some ideas:

For each roll, you can take something off to add +10 to the roll.
You can also strip to negate lethal damage or reroll failed checks.
The DM needs to strip each time a monster is defeated (you can change this to "encounter" if you run long sessions).
Rolling a natural 20 means whoever is wearing the most clothing has to strip.
Stripping, regardless of the reason, gives you bonus XP.
If you are fully naked and would normally be made to strip, you must kiss a randomly-determined player or GM instead. This gives three times as much bonus XP as stripping does (four times if you kiss someone of the same sex).

OverdrivePrime
2014-08-13, 08:57 AM
There was a time I'd strenuously agree with you. In the 15 years I've been out of college, I've gotten considerably less aggressive in my attempts to poison myself. :smallwink:

he never said it had to have tongue. :smallbiggrin:
Bwaaaha! Thank you for making me laugh soda into the back of my nose. :smalltongue:

gr8artist
2014-08-13, 09:27 AM
Here are some ideas:
For each roll, you can take something off to add +10 to the roll.
You can also strip to negate lethal damage or reroll failed checks.
The DM needs to strip each time a monster is defeated (you can change this to "encounter" if you run long sessions).
Rolling a natural 20 means whoever is wearing the most clothing has to strip.
Stripping, regardless of the reason, gives you bonus XP.
If you are fully naked and would normally be made to strip, you must kiss a randomly-determined player or GM instead. This gives three times as much bonus XP as stripping does (four times if you kiss someone of the same sex).

Strip = roll bonus is a good option, as it makes it optional for the uncomfortable players, which DnD tends to attract.
I feel like strip games would be one-shots, so Exp might not be the best reward. Perhaps grant a spell effect, preferably rolled from a table randomly, that lasts until the end of the encounter.
The x4 multiplier for kissing someone of the same sex should instead be phrased "someone of the gender you are not normally attracted to" (suspending, for the sake of this discussion, how "gender" does or does not relate to "sex")

Either way, its an interesting exercise in fantasy, but my group would never go for something like this.
There's also a game system that uses a jenga tower instead of dice rolls, for suspense an a gradual increase in difficulty. Perhaps if you could use a similar mechanic, you might get more interesting results.

torrasque666
2014-08-13, 09:35 AM
The x4 multiplier for kissing someone of the same sex should instead be phrased "someone of the gender you are not normally attracted to" (suspending, for the sake of this discussion, how "gender" does or does not relate to "sex")

Aye, because you DO have those who are attracted to the same gender as themselves. And then they're getting x4 exp for no risk/high reward. If you understand what I'm saying. I'm bad with words.

There's also a game system that uses a jenga tower instead of dice rolls, for suspense an a gradual increase in difficulty. Perhaps if you could use a similar mechanic, you might get more interesting results.

I played that once. It was fun. Wait, no, that was just strip jenga.

mr_odd
2014-08-13, 09:36 AM
The main problem is the DM to be honest. Because of my group's playstyle the DM is forced to decide whatgoes and what doesn't.Which would make him the "Stripmaster" in those games you propose.

Strip games loose when you need an arbiter to decide whether to strip or not. It's just awkward for both sides because every ingame decision reverts to: "Let the DM decide of you loose a piece of clothing."

The "Stripmaster" might be the funniest thing I have ever read on these forums.

tomandtish
2014-08-13, 11:55 AM
I think Belkar (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html) sums it up best in the last panel....

Slipperychicken
2014-08-13, 11:55 AM

My bad, I ought to amend that oversight. The idea is to use a system of in-game rewards to help people overcome their normal inhibitions regarding stripping, and to perceive it as a desirable outcome.

Talya
2014-08-13, 01:14 PM
The x4 multiplier for kissing someone of the same sex should instead be phrased "someone of the gender you are not normally attracted to"

Does that mean there's no way I could get the multiplier?

Jormengand
2014-08-13, 01:18 PM

Come on, we already got shafted bad enough with Unnatural Lust. What do you mean "Can't get the +4 bonus on your saving throw"?

Illven
2014-08-13, 01:54 PM

My thought was to amend it to a player you're not attracted to. Then I realized, that might hurt people's feelings.

The true solution. Flip a coin if heads 4x, if tails 3x

Talya
2014-08-13, 02:58 PM
My thought was to amend it to a player you're not attracted to. Then I realized, that might hurt people's feelings.

The true solution. Flip a coin if heads 4x, if tails 3x

Heads or tails takes on entirely different connotations if naked.

Illven
2014-08-13, 03:10 PM
Heads or tails takes on entirely different connotations if naked.

I didn't mean it like that, but I suppose is kind of thread for that. :smalltongue:

gr8artist
2014-08-13, 07:03 PM

As the intent was to provide a larger bonus for kissing someone outside of your comfort zone, then I suppose the answer is "No"
Now, should an ammendment be made to account for those who are attracted to both genders? Sure. But that particular x4 modifier is specifically for biased people.

Slipperychicken
2014-08-13, 07:51 PM
As the intent was to provide a larger bonus for kissing someone outside of your comfort zone, then I suppose the answer is "No"
Now, should an ammendment be made to account for those who are attracted to both genders? Sure. But that particular x4 modifier is specifically for biased people.

I would have it default to same sex, partly for simplicity, partly for fairness, and partly because I like watching ladies make out with each other.

Or if people get really uncomfortable about their preferences, just set it as x3 or x4 for all kisses.

Svata
2014-08-13, 08:08 PM
*3.5 on allkisses of you are attracted to both genders, maybe?

Keld Denar
2014-08-13, 10:21 PM
There was a forum member who did a naked corn maze with his d&d group a while back. This probably wouldn't be that weird after that.

Pex
2014-08-13, 11:51 PM
Well, I for one play in a group of straight males, in a room that has RAs coming through every two hours, so...

Your point?
:smallwink:

Ravens_cry
2014-08-14, 12:05 AM
I am OK with stripping in front of people, I've done nude modelling for a private art group, but, eh, not sure the appeal.

Vortenger
2014-08-14, 01:43 PM
I must say, I did not expect this thread to be both fun and educational. Thanks for the breakdown there, Talya.

Talya
2014-08-14, 02:15 PM
I must say, I did not expect this thread to be both fun and educational. Thanks for the breakdown there, Talya.

Funny thing is, i don't drink a lot, in quantity. Nevertheless, alcohol is a hobby of mine - mixing drinks in particular - i just tend to drink small samples rather than full drinks. At social gatherings, this means I'm quite sober while everyone around me sinks further from sobriety. :smallbiggrin:

Dr_S
2015-02-07, 06:18 AM
Death Games:

First, Lowish level; so "Save or Die" type effects don't really exist, and "Save or Suck"s are limited. (Save or Dies are strictly prohibited) However high enough that you can take a few shots before dropping...
Next I think it's important to lubricate the group before the stripping stage begins, so drinking rules:
1) Hit by a crit? Take a shot! (2 if it's a X3 weapon)
2) Failed Save? Take a drink! (not a shot)
3) Fumble? Take a Shot!
4) Auto-Succeed Save (Nat 20)? Caster takes a shot!
5) Hit? Take a drink! (One per turn, rapid shot is not 2 drinks)
Now that everyone is nice and lubricated! It's time for the main event.
As an Immediate Action take off a piece of clothing to cast "Cure Moderate" (Or "Cure Light" if lower level) on yourself. (Caster level equal to player's cleric level; minimum 1) This CAN be used on a disabled or dying character. Requires 1 extra piece if the player is outright dead.
Both Socks equal a single item of clothing...

This is the first draft: Obvy there'll need to be some playtesting/revision

2015-02-07, 08:23 AM
My first thought (and only idea that I've liked, so far) is to run a "Tomb of Horrors" style game (or even the original ToH itself, in all it's character's-identical-cousin-killing glory; every time your character dies and a clone takes their place, you have to remove a piece of clothing.

Of course, this depends largely on your group: if the group members wouldn't prefer to play strip D&D with the other members of the group, or if they having their characters die (I know I sometimes get too attached to mine), or if they prefer a more serious game, then I would advise against doing anything like this. Bottom line, your results may vary, so tread carefully.

BWR
2015-02-07, 11:11 AM
Haven't gotten to strip D&D yet but my gf and I play a lot of one on one, and upon occasion we have ventured into LARP territory. Nothing like some intense roleplay of a lecherous playboy prince.

Re: genders you are attracted to: I think the better choice would be "person you are not attracted to". That might be a bit harsh for some people, though.

Doctor Awkward
2015-02-07, 12:02 PM
Rum is generally fermented from molassus. Direct sugarcane fermentation is how Brazillian Cachaça is made, though. While it does change the flavor, it has very little to do with the "harshness." Harshness, in turn, has nothing to do with whether the liquor is strong or not.

Everclear comes in 151 proof and 190 proof versions. As a neutral spirit (95% alcohol, 5% water), it lacks ALL of the "harshness" you are describing. In spirits, alcohol is alcohol - the chemical compound C2H6O. The flavor does not change with its origin. You can ferment alcohol from a lot of different sources, if you distill away too much of that source, you lose any flavoring from that source. (This is why real Vodka is something of a joke - made properly, vodka is only two things - water and alcohol, with no trace flavor from anything else, so it doesn't matter if you make it from grains or potatoes or anything else, the flavor will be the same. A premium vodka is chemically identical to - and therefore tastes the same as - a cheap bottle of Smirnoff.) The flavor of the spirit doesn't come from the alcohol itself, but from the trace impurities intentionally left in it during distillation, and those added to it during the aging process.

Fun Fact: 190 is also the same proof as isopropyl rubbing alcohol. You know, what you find in first aid kits.
and Everclear sees wide use as a sterilization agent in medical research laboratories.

And while it's true that pure vodka is a neutral spirit and has no taste, some companies will deliberately introduce impurities or use techniques such as charcoal-filtering to alter the taste and make their brand unique amongst others on the market, and many bottom-shelf brands (Nikolai, Jacquins, et al) simply don't bother with refined distillation, which is why they feel like they "burn" more than top-shelf brands. So while they are chemically identical, people are not imagining the different taste between different brands of vodka.

In addition, nearly all vodka that's worth your time is distilled in the area of 96% alcohol or higher and then diluted with water to get it to bottle proof. This makes the purity of the vodka as questionable as it's water source.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-02-07, 12:40 PM
Funny thing is, i don't drink a lot, in quantity. Nevertheless, alcohol is a hobby of mine - mixing drinks in particular - i just tend to drink small samples rather than full drinks. At social gatherings, this means I'm quite sober while everyone around me sinks further from sobriety. :smallbiggrin:

You had my respect, my love, my admiration. Then you lost it at mixed drinks. Yer as bad as my boyfriend. :smalltongue:

Also, topic, yea, hell no to strip DnD. I play mostly with guys and that would get awkward fast. If I didn't refuse to play drinking games I am sure drunk DnD would get hilarious (We did have a drinking game based on one of my characters, but the math said it could actually get lethal over a 6 hour play session).

atemu1234
2015-02-07, 01:31 PM
Your everclear is only 180-proof?

You make 90% alcohol seem tame.

SimonMoon6
2015-02-07, 01:40 PM
Taking this way too seriously:

After losing 20% of your hp, you lose your shoes (and/or jewelry and other accessories, like hats and things).
After losing the next 20% of your hp, you lose your socks (or equivalent).
After losing the next 20% of your hp, you lose your shirt (or equivalent).
After losing the next 20% of your hp, you lose your pants (or equivalent).
After losing the next 20% of your hp, you lose your underwear.

Possibly for players wearing bras, you adjust slightly:

15% shoes
15% socks
15% shirt
15% pants
20% bra
20% underwear

But this is probably a bad idea. And for the DM, this only applies to the "boss" monster of an encounter.

RoboEmperor
2015-02-07, 03:38 PM
The one that contributed less to an encounter must strip.

Two wizards: One use time stop + delayed blast fireball, the other used mass suggestion and got them all to kill each other. The one who used time stop must strip.

Slipperychicken
2015-02-07, 05:30 PM
The one that contributed less to an encounter must strip.

Two wizards: One use time stop + delayed blast fireball, the other used mass suggestion and got them all to kill each other. The one who used time stop must strip.

For a slightly more realistic scenario: Fighter kills four zombies up close. Thief's scouting allowed the party to get a surprise round on the zombies, then kills one, damages two, and provides flanking bonuses to the fighter. Cleric's healing and buffs keep the rogue and fighter alive through the zombies' attacks, then he damages one zombie. Wizard hastes the fighter and rogue, then CCs some zombies, keeping them busy for a few rounds. Who strips?

I don't think you want to start arguments over which character contributed most or least. It's a team game, after all.

Buufreak
2015-02-07, 06:17 PM

We've actually done something mildly similar to this, where the party was about 50/50 male/female split, only DM was in committed relationship, and someone rolled in with 3 5ths of assorted alcohol. The general rule was not damage nor HP based, but instead every shot was an item. We learned 2 things: who were light-weights, and that the plastic container that a standard set of dice comes in makes a damn good shot glass!

Thealtruistorc
2015-02-07, 06:45 PM

Where do you sit in relation to her? You might be able to pill this off with blinders (the kind horses wear).

goto124
2015-02-07, 08:28 PM
This is a funny idea that's hard to pull off IRL.

Might work over the internet though...

RoboEmperor
2015-02-07, 08:35 PM
I don't think you want to start arguments over which character contributed most or least. It's a team game, after all.

DM is Referee. He is the Law. Problem solved. One party may disagree on the ruling, but as long as the DM is truly objective, should be fine.

DragonGamer
2015-02-08, 02:02 AM

My significant other and I actually do have some stripping rules for when we play DnD with just the two of us, for the entertainment of the DM.

It's simple in concept, but a bit complex in execution.

The basic idea is, whenever the character takes damage that would damage their clothing, the player's clothing is damaged in a similar manner, usually with a handy pair of scissors.

The player starts fully dressed, often in an outfit purchased at Goodwill specifically for the purposes of destroying.

For a bit of realism, the player plays a character who doesn't rely on armor, like a Mage, or Monk, or the "fast and deadly" druid variant, as relying on armor in a game where you're going to end up naked is a bit of a handicap for someone who normally gets a lot of AC from armor...

For fairness, we use a hit location chart, and the amount of damage that we do to the player's clothing is determined by the type of damage taken. For example, a slashing weapon might make a 2 inch long cut for every point of damage taken, while a piercing one might make a 1 inch hole for every three. Energy damage (like a scorching ray) destroys a 1 inch diameter circle for every point of damage, etc. We make adjustments for how powerful the character is... (ie, a 10th level character might halve all the above, as they're likely to take much larger amounts of damage in a typical play session...)

The way we do it, the player will either be able to heal themselves, or perhaps have some sort of healing Macguffin like a ring of regeneration to keep them going... but the basic idea is that, after a pretty typical session, the player's clothing tends to end up looking a lot like Wolverine does after fighting a host of ninja or something... he heals, his clothes don't.

For us, this tends to be a pretty slow process. Unlike a typical stripping game, it might take us three or more game nights before the player is stripped entirely. At the beginning of each new session, the player gets dressed in whatever remains of their clothing from the previous session, then play continues until they end up entirely naked, and often afterwards.... the player will sometimes make minor repairs tying strips of damaged clothing together, etc... this generally only buys them a little time, but such improvised outfits are often rather sexy!

We enjoy the anticipation of a very slow strip tease, so the fact that these rules often mean it takes several days to strip the player isn't a bad thing. However, if you want a faster game, simply increase the "inches cut per damage dealt" part to get things over with quicker.

Of course, it isn't ALWAYS slow. One particularly memorable session had the player (a monk/rogue, I believe) get hit in the chest by an acidic ooze... which completely destroyed all but a few useless scraps of her top.

The player cut a strip from her pants to serve as an improvised top, but that got cut in two the very next encounter by a lucky shot from an orc with a battleaxe, and the player was topless for the rest of the session... and pretty much naked by the end of it.

NNescio
2015-02-08, 03:03 AM
Fun Fact: 190 is also the same proof as isopropyl rubbing alcohol. You know, what you find in first aid kits.
and Everclear sees wide use as a sterilization agent in medical research laboratories.

Fun fact: Isopropyl alcohol is not the same as ethanol (or ethyl alcohol). It's more toxic ('though less so than methyl alcohol).

Spore
2015-02-08, 08:16 AM
Alcoholic effect can be judged roughly be looking at the molecule (via Wikipedia perhaps) and counting the OH-Groups. The more groups, the quicker it gets you dizzy. This does - however - not translate well into measured volumes.

the_david
2015-02-08, 12:08 PM
Wrath of Ashardalon (and the others) could do this well. Much like the second scenario (If I recall correctly, the first being a solo game?) the challenge is to defeat monsters. Instead of winning the scenario when the group defeats 12 monsters, everybody but you has to take off 1 item of clothing when you defeat a monster.
Optional rules can be added, such as getting an item of clothing back when you gain a level, or you could use forfe-- not going there.

So yeah, it can be done. Now I just have to find someone to play it with.

Xuldarinar
2015-02-08, 12:44 PM
Here is a thought, ignoring the situations in which one might want to have a strip DnD session/campaign.

Instead of basing it upon HP, base it upon ability utilization. Come up with a point pool system and do away with number of uses per day of abilities. Stronger abilities draw more from the pool. The pool is filled by the removal of articles, which can be done as a free action. A point value would need ascribed to different articles.

To incorporate health into the mix by granting healing surges for the sacrifice of points, the greater number sacrificed the greater the health gained. Death could/would have its own repercussion, to at least in part discourage it.

Just my 10 cents.

Admiral Squish
2015-02-08, 01:00 PM
If going with a 'take off something, gain a bonus' kind of thing, you'd have to weight the bonus based on how much they're still wearing. If you take off your shoes, it shouldn't be the same bonus as, say, undergarments.

Slipperychicken
2015-02-08, 01:36 PM
If going with a 'take off something, gain a bonus' kind of thing, you'd have to weight the bonus based on how much they're still wearing. If you take off your shoes, it shouldn't be the same bonus as, say, undergarments.

Some strip games don't even consider footwear or jewelry as clothing, so that's one option.

Thurbane
2015-02-08, 03:08 PM
How about in-game? Remove shoulders item, remove torso item, remove hands item etc. :smalltongue:

the_david
2015-02-08, 03:10 PM
I've seen strip settlers from Catan rules that work like that... Mostly.
You see, people will strip to the point they'll feel comfortable with. So except for that exhibitionist guy, nobody's getting naked. In order to get people naked, you'd have to come up with at least 1 way to force them to take something off.

True believer
2015-02-08, 04:23 PM
Simple .... use the Xp !!!!

Every time a person gains some xp either by RP or combat make all the players except him to take one of their clothes! In situations where all the party get xp at the same time , the person who get the most is keeping his clothes ;)

Dr_S
2015-02-08, 04:39 PM
In order to get people naked, you'd have to come up with at least 1 way to force them to take something off.
Nah, you don't want to make people uncomfortable; That kind of thing can linger and effect friendships... however, encouraging people to drink will make them more comfortable at less dressed stages.

Abithrios
2015-02-08, 10:59 PM

For fairness, we use a hit location chart, and the amount of damage that we do to the player's clothing is determined by the type of damage taken. For example, a slashing weapon might make a 2 inch long cut for every point of damage taken, while a piercing one might make a 1 inch hole for every three. Energy damage (like a scorching ray) destroys a 1 inch diameter circle for every point of damage, etc. We make adjustments for how powerful the character is... (ie, a 10th level character might halve all the above, as they're likely to take much larger amounts of damage in a typical play session...)

For Science, what sort of hit location chart would be used with this?

DragonGamer
2015-02-09, 04:33 AM
For Science, what sort of hit location chart would be used with this?

Only for science, of course.

I borrowed the hit location chart from GURPS 4th edition, slightly modified it to better suit the purpose (ie, stripping) of the game, and added a second dice roll to follow each hit, determining where (for example, up, down, right or left part inside a particular hit location) and in what direction (horizontal or vertical) the damage goes.

Although it's perfectly feasible to take out one or more steps, and make a "DM" call as to where hits go and how much clothing damage a particular hit does, the extra detail keeps it interesting, and makes it more about chance than the DM's personal whims. Although that can be fun too.

Knaight
2015-02-09, 11:10 AM
Alcoholic effect can be judged roughly be looking at the molecule (via Wikipedia perhaps) and counting the OH-Groups. The more groups, the quicker it gets you dizzy. This does - however - not translate well into measured volumes.

It also ignores toxicity. Methanol is roughly 2/3 the molecular weight of ethanol, with the same number of OH groups. You'd expect to get drunk about 1.5 times as quickly by volume there, and that does happen. There's also the whole "permanent blindness" thing that flat out isn't there for ethanol. Isopropyl alcohol has three carbons instead of two, for roughly 4/3 the molecular weight of ethanol. You'd expect to get drunk slower, which is probably likely, but it's also poisonous. Ethylene glycol (a.k.a antifreeze, a.k.a 1,2-diethanol) has another alcohol group, for roughly 4/3 the molecular weight of ethanol with twice as much ethanol there, working out again to about 1.5 times drunkenness speed. That's probably not accurate, as only one alcohol is likely to bind to any receptor that works out for drunkenness, and the ethylene glycol can end up binding to other things which wouldn't make one drunk. What it does do is kill you with poison with relatively small quantities.

Then there's the matter of sugars - they're all loaded with alcohol groups, but eating lots of cotton candy isn't going to get you drunk. You'll still feel bad the next morning, but it's an entirely different effect.

Haruki-kun
2015-02-09, 08:23 PM
The Winged Mod: Thread necromancy.