PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] New feat - PEACH

Thurbane
2014-08-12, 10:13 PM
HUMANOID HERITAGE [RACIAL]
Prerequisite: Monstrous humanoid
You are treated as a humanoid for the purpose of adjudicating all effects. Your type (and subtype, if applicable) does not change, but you can be affected by spells such as Charm Person or Enlarge Person. You also count as humanoid for feat and prestige class requirements, and to determine if you qualify for templates.
Special: This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

Oops, should have been posted in Homebrew section, please lock/move.

ezkajii
2014-08-14, 02:36 PM
Not sure what PEACH stands for but I'm assuming you're just looking for feedback on the feat. I really like the concept but I worry that it might be a little OP, specifically about applying templates. I would suggest maybe balancing it by saying that any natural attacks possessed due to race are reduced in damage by one die category, or perhaps you're no longer considered proficient with them. In either case, basically adding in a -2 to to-hit or damage to tip the scales back into position a bit. BUT I'm new to homebrewing feats so hopefully we'll get a second opinion in here soon.

Extra Anchovies
2014-08-14, 02:51 PM
This feat seems to only be much use for applying templates (most PrCs that require you to be humanoid also require a particular humanoid subtype such as elf, which this feat doesn't grant), and most TO (Total Optimization) gamebreakers that I've seen revolve around applying templates. Thus, I don't see much use for it beyond making TO gamebreakers even more broken.

There's also the question of why you'd play a monstrous humanoid if you want to count as a normal humanoid.

ETA: PEACH stands for "Please E___ And Critique Honestly". Can't remember what the "E" means.

nedz
2014-08-14, 03:24 PM
The feat looks fine to me; now the reverse MONSTEROUS HERITAGE [RACIAL] would be broken because of Alter Self, etc.
It does open up some abuse with things like Enlarge Person, but that just gives bigger numbers as well as reach. I think that this is balanced by the vulnerability to Charm Person, Hold Person etc.

PEACH stands for "Please E___ And Critique Honestly". Can't remember what the "E" means.

Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

ezkajii
2014-08-14, 05:25 PM
Thanks to both nedz and Extra Anchovies for clarifying that for me. :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2014-08-14, 06:08 PM
So far all I can think of is benefiting from buffs like Enlarge Person while also qualifying for that old 3.0 PrC, Hexer which requires monstrous humanoid or some humanoid that's generally savage like Orcs.

Maybe getting access to Aberration Blood and [Aberrant] Feats while having Monstrous Humanoid Type as one's type.

Any other uses? :smallconfused:

Edit: Oh. Lycanthropy?

nedz
2014-08-14, 06:38 PM
There might be an exploit for a Fangshields Druid, but nothing is obvious.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-08-14, 06:41 PM
Are there any low ECL monstrous humanoids that could actually use this feat? The only one I remember offhand is Marrulurk (at ECL 4) and Feral creatures (IIRC hum.anoids become monstrous with the template)

Coidzor
2014-08-14, 08:51 PM
Are there any low ECL monstrous humanoids that could actually use this feat? The only one I remember offhand is Marrulurk (at ECL 4) and Feral creatures (IIRC hum.anoids become monstrous with the template)

Lupins or Vulpins or whatever those furry wolf or fox people are called? :smallconfused: I seem to recall that they're the method of choice for qualifying for Hexer.

Thurbane
2014-08-14, 09:07 PM
Aarakocra
Anthropomorphic Animal (Bat, Lizard, Monkey, Rat, Raven, Toad, Weasel)
Diospid
Dromite
Goliath
Hagspawn
Lupin
Muckdweller
Tibbit