PDA

View Full Version : On Calmer Shores

AlanBruce
2014-08-13, 12:00 AM
Day 150

@Tonel: Whatever happened to Alex, archaidous and the rest beneath the kelp bed must've been taxing in the extreme.

Not to mention the attack on the Dauphin itself.

Andralphus and Alfhyld… who were these two monsters?

So many monsters since you sailed the Ossian Way. each stronger than the one that came before.

And yet, these people faced them merrily. Even with a slight taint of insanity.

You had helped them in St. Rochim's Isle, but this new place, devoid of wind. Wind is Lord Phaulkon's staple. If there is now wind… how can you have any chnace to be of help?

So, that evening, when Alsira and Severna approached you with an urgent matter in Choralis Island, past Procan's garden, you left them what little help you could, by sneaking unarmored to Lysa's room and crunching that diamond in your hands and sprinkling it on the wand.

For all you knew, those charges would be spent in a day or two.

Right before the sun reared its glorious and scalding face upon the sea of kelp, you jumped on alsira's hippcampus and swam under the kelp for a few yards, as your sights wandered around the many sunken vessels trapped forever in the kelp.

Who knew what lived in there…if anything at all.

Aftre a few hours swimming, aided by magic from the sirens, Severna used a scroll to move everyone away from the kelp garden and past it, as the sun rose high in the sky and the immobile mass of green seemed to wave good bye in the distance.

After half a day galloping through the waves, the sisters take a detour and stop at a beautiful island made of white rock and green pastures, with poplar trees lazily waving against a cool breeze.

Marble stairs extend from the water and spiral upward as all manner of birds roost on the poplar trees and watch you, Alsira and Severna ascend as Severna bids the horses good bye and these submerge under water.

"Sorry for taking you out of that ship, Tonel, but someone here wanted to have a word with you. I hope you don't mind. She is a little eccentric, but she is not malicious, so nothing to worry about."

Frendle
2014-08-13, 01:00 AM
Tonel watches as his friends Alsira and Severna walk up the steps before him. “Eccentric is ok by me friend Severna. I think I can name on one hand those of my acquaintances who lack an odd quirk or two, present company excepted of course” Tonel replies with a broad smile before following after the two Sirens.

He looks around him, feeling a warm kinship with the many birds. This is more like it, better than the morass of seaweed and stagnant water into which his other new friends had descended. He breathes the fresh sea air deeply into his lungs and exhales it with gusto.

Talking several steps at a trot Tonel catches up to the two women. “What is the name of this lovely island?”

AlanBruce
2014-08-13, 01:22 AM
@Tonel: You follow Alsira and Severna up the white marble steps as the many birds caw and fly around as the gentle breeze caresses your face.

Severna smiles as she turns to look at you.

"Choralis Island, of course! One of the oldest fey bastions in the Ossian Way. Our sister, Choralia lives here. It was she who helped us turn those horses into hippocampi."

Alsira walks further up and brushes her hair aside.

"Just don't inflate her ego. Choralia has been around for a long time and fancies herself somewhat of a… what was the term she used, Severna?"

The sirine goes in thought as a macaw lands on her shoulder.

"Impeccable? Magnificent? Who knows. She's just… she's a little weird. Something about the old fey wars and all that."

You finally reach the top of the marble staircase and look around.

This island is perfect. It's like a garden. a well tended garden with neat rows of apple trees cut in the shape of an apple and extending in rows as patches of grass have been carefully grown to be perfect squares, with different hues of green, assembled like one big chessboard.

Lions, elephants, apes, crocoiles lounging on marble fountains depicting a lovely winged woman with a scepter…

This place is strange. Idyllic, but strange.

Knight to 4B!

Alsira and severna stop as you gaze upon a magificent summer palace made of white marble.

The place has lions and bulls lying around in perfect complacency as several animals, each wearing a chess piece helmet on their heads, move on a large patch of grass and across the green chessboard, you see the one who would be Alsira and Severna's sister, Choralia.

She is a Sirine, just like the others, but this one looks older, if not by wrinkles, but by a few strands of silver hair. The fey dresses in a white tunic, dyed with rainbow colors on the side, representing feathers. Amidst her red hair, you can see an elaborate golden coral hairpiece representing what looks like an island.

The fey stands up from her wooden divan as the lion and bull yawn and get up as well.

"Cease game. Cease game. Alsira! Severna! And here I was wondering where you two had swam off to!"

Vhoralia walks past the many animals, who stay in place, waiting for the game to resume and gives you a look and a smile as her sisters give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Is it him? The bird priest?"

"Yes sister. But his name is Tonel. We told you that."

Choralia looks at you and smiles.

"What rhymes with Tonel? Quick."

Frendle
2014-08-13, 01:40 AM
"Why, tunnel of course!" Says the sky priest with an ironic smile.

AlanBruce
2014-08-13, 03:48 AM
@Tonel: Alsira and Severna stay quiet as Choralia listens to your answer and the animals blink from their chess patch pieces as a lone seagull caws above.

"Tonel Tunnel Funnel. I like him already! Welcome to Choralis Island, Tonel. I am Choralia, Warden fey of the Winter Court… although there isn't much winter in these parts of the world."

Alsira and Severna roll their eyes.

"Again with those stories, sister? You live off the past too much. There is no winter Court. How could there possibly be one? We are in perpetual warm weather! How much have you had to drink today?"

Choralia laughs as she looks at the many animals in the island, lounging, eating, sleeping and playing chess pieces.

"Times long gone, I suppose. But where are my manners? Come in! Make yourself at home1 This palace once hosted the finest in fey nobles, back when the fey had authority over the seas of Oerth. Today, well… just look around."

Alsira and severna lead you inside the palace and you can see tall walls depicting a huge forest with a myriad of elven women and men engaged in battle as the colors on the murals chnage from autumn to grey tones.

At the center of the grand hall, Choralia has enormous wooden divans covered in pelts as golden brazers hang from the ceiling, wafting sweet vanilla incense around the room as a pair of humanoids with goat heads wearing nothing but loincloths set up a table with fruits of all kinds and wine as the three Sirines lay on their divans and Choralia pats one.

"Don't be shy. We don't bite… those two might- they'll eat anything, especially metal."

The goat men bleat as they look at your armor and one licks his lips, but stays behind against the wall.

Choralia serves you some sweet honey wine as Alsira and Severna help themselves to the fruit and one of the goat men places a large silver plate filled with clear crystal water on the table as Choralia taps the center with her finger, forming ripples on the surface.

That's when you see three figures. Three men from your past.

Hamis the wizard and his fat grey cat.

Uldir, the resilient and stubborn dwarf.

Clanden, their zealous cleric friend.

The birdkillers.

Choralia smiles as she takes a sip of her wine.

"Do you happen to know these losers?"

Frendle
2014-08-13, 02:43 PM
Tonel looks at the image in the water, his amiable expression hardens to a stone mask. “Yes, I know these… I would call them villains” The priest of Phaulkon closes his eyes and breathes deeply then exhales slowly as he would to calm himself before loosing a sacred feathered shaft.

Looking at Choralia as he regains his composure he continues, “I wonder how you know of these people and the enmity between us as it seems you must?” Tonel searches Choralia’s face for any indication of her intent. “Are they causing some mischief which must be addressed? I would be glad if it were so except for the harm they may be doing to some poor soul.”

AlanBruce
2014-08-13, 02:58 PM
@Tonel: Choralia dismisses the image on the plate and looks at the great walls of her palace.

"Villains? Stupid villains. They came here attempting to do some… what was it game hunting. Word came to me that these idiots were shooting down the birds and beasts of Choralis Island, so, I intervened."

Alsira and Severna look at her sister as they put down their drinks.

"Uhhh… you didn't. Well, you didn't do that to them, did you?"

Choralia smiles as she takes a sip from her glass.

"Tempted, but no. My days as a Winter Court Caster are long gone, sisters, but I did give them a good scare, not before giving them some false information. At the time, I thought it would serve them well. Now, I may have gone a little bit overboard."

Choralia stands up and walks towards a window where a pair of parrots have perched themselves and eat from grains left on the sill.

"I sent them to Indira's Aerie, where I told them they would get all the hunting they would ever want."

Alsira and severan gulp as they look at her sister.

"Are you mad?"

Choralia pats a parrot as this one flies off.

"Yes, a little, why?"

Frendle
2014-08-13, 03:16 PM
Despite himself Tonel laughs at the antics of the parrots, then his face reddens with anger.

"Gods curse them, all to often do they escape the consequences of their crimes. I am sorry that these whom you love were hunted by them. I will offer a prayer to Phaulkon for their souls, and for the protection of those who remain."

Tonel looks on the Siren with compassion, then with a quizzical look at the others Tonel stands and rubs his chin, then asks, "But I am lacking some relevant knowledge here, what is Indira's Aerie? Is there some further mischief they can do there? Or is it a death sentence they are journeying toward."

AlanBruce
2014-08-13, 03:35 PM
@Tonel: Choralia raises an eyebrow as you record what these men did.

"They did mention your name. Apparently, you have thwarted them in the past. Reason why I asked Alsira and Severna to come and get you."

Alsira gets up and paces around at your inquiry as Choralia pets the parrots.

"Indira is a harpy, Tonel. One of Alecto's lieutenants. Amongst the Buzzard Queen's hierarchy, Indira is consiered the most dangerous, for nobody escaped her arrows. She is a hunter. Bred and trained to catch any and all prey. Unlike her other sisters, Indira has a place of her own- Indira's Aerie- An island made of skulls and bones glued together by harpy droppings and human entrails. The place is avoided by us because of Indira's great eyesight and perfect aim. Not to mention her Wild Claws- harpies that serve Indira and have honed the art of the bow themselves. If these acquaintances of yours have sailed to the Aerie, chances are that indira will catch them. and they will be tortured in a most cruel way before their bodies are added as building blocks for her home."

Choralia turns to look at her sister.

"You are so dramatic… but yes. She will do that to them."

Frendle
2014-08-13, 11:16 PM
“They will have no chance. I know these three, it is a death sentence.” Tonel stares out the window perhaps hoping for a sign from his Lord. He removes his helm and runs his hand through his hair.

“They have committed crimes against the children of Phaulkon, not for sustenance which can be forgiven, but for the depraved joy of killing. They have hunted me for years attempting to redress a perceived wrong which was, in fact, mercy. “

Tonel paces back and forth, speaking as though he is trying to convince someone.

He stops his pacing at the window and looks up at the sky once again.

“Even though they have attacked me numerous times, meaning to do great harm even to the point of murder.” He turns to face the women, “I have not hunted them down, as I surely could have. I have not brought them to the justice they have earned for themselves.”

“Why?” Tonel asks a question which is not meant to be answered by any mortal.

He comes back to sit with the sisters and looks at Choralia, “How far is this island, and how long ago did they depart?”

He smiles at her, a look of amazed bewilderment in his eyes. It appears he is about to undertake a mission he would never have considered possible.

AlanBruce
2014-08-14, 05:17 AM
@Tonel: Choralia sits back down on her divan.

"Oh, the irony! A man plagued by three shadows sets out to save them…or am I wrong?"

Severna looks out the window as well.

"I have no idea what these three men have done to you, but surely they aren't skilled enough if you still stand…but against Indira and her Wild Claws…"

Alsira looks at you and smiles.

"You want to save them? It would be an adventure all of its own. Not to mention the tale that is sure to be sung- and trhe humilliation factor: Saved by the man they wanted dead all these years. It is, of course, your call. Maybe they are better off under Indira's care."

Choralia takes a sip from her glass and points out the door.

"A few miles. That's all it would take you to get to the Aerie. Faster if you have the spells to do so. A word of caution if you decide to go: Do not engage Indira herself. her Wild Claws are fair game, but Indira is a dangerous hunter. Will you two be joining him?"

Alsira and Severna look at each other and then back at their older sister.

"I believe that's a given, Choralia."

Frendle
2014-08-14, 09:44 AM
Tonel shakes his head, “No Choralia, you are not mistaken."

He looks at the others “Alsira, Severna this is something I feel obligated to do, but these are no saints we are rescuing. You are certain you wish to risk your lives to help them?”

AlanBruce
2014-08-14, 07:23 PM
@Tonel: Choralia takes a sip of her wine as Hamis's familiar- the fat grey cat- purrs from a corner behind a marble column and jumps on Choralia's lap as the sirine chuckles.

"This one I decided to keep, since his master ran away and left him behind. Cute little creature. I might just take him in as my own familiar."

Alsira and Severna start walking out the door.

"There is quite the dearth of saints out here, Tonel. And maybe these three aren't, but to end under Indira's cruel claws is a fate nobody deserves. We'll give you a hand."

Choralia lays on her divan as she strokes the fat grey cat who purrs as he watches the three of you leave.

"Don't get eaten, ok?"

You leave Choralia's palace, as the animals amble around, beast and prey alike, idle and complacent as the sirine sisters stop at a look out with an old spyglass mounted on a wooden stilt.

Alsira looks through it and adjusts the lenses.

"There it is- Indira's Aerie. It's not too far away from here, take a look."

You shut one eye and look through the spyglass and indeed, you can see what looks like a feeble structire jutting from the sea and birds flying above. The place looks distant, even with the spyglass, but if those three were foolish enough to go bird hunting there…

Severna starts walking down the stairs.

"We can leave now, or you can get some rest in Choralia's palace and prepare for the rescue. Indira likes to have them jailed up for a few days before killing those she captures. Not to say they'll be having a good time- her Wild Claws love to harass her prisoners. The call is yours."

Frendle
2014-08-14, 07:47 PM
Tonel takes another look at the Aerie then scratches his head. “Well, I’d like to be better prepared before going. We know they are archers so some counter measures would make sense. Also I am still prepared for undead not living targets. There is no point in beginning with one hand tied behind our backs. “

“What do we know of their capabilities, do they use spells? Any particular abilities to be worried about? So far everything I’ve run into out here seems to be able to do unexpected things.”
Tonel follows the women down the steps. “I seem to be always following you two up or down steps. I must admit it is not an unpleasant activity.” Tonel chuckles with maybe a bit of tension in his voice.

“Where can I go to get some rest? Then we can set out to save our “Less-than-saints”

dantiesilva
2014-08-15, 02:05 PM
" All we know we have already told you I am afraid, to learn more we would have had to get closer, and never have we felt the need to test their aim." The two say to you, letting you know that what you are up against is still a very big mystery. You know they are alive though, and that they use bows, and by Phaulkon that was enough to turn the winds in your favor. As you comment to the two sirens about how you seem to always be following them up and down stairs they both giggle. " Oh he reminds me of the other silver tongued one sister." " Yes what was his name, Alex or Acheron. Offered himself to us to save the others if I am not mistaken." They laugh.

" you can go back up to our sisters home, just let her know you need a place to rest, and I am sure she will have something ready for you." And with that the two fey depart beneath the waves until the next morning.

Frendle
2014-08-15, 11:29 PM
Tonel smiles to himself as the two Sirens slip beneath the waves, though he wondered a bit at being compared to Alex/Acheron. That is an interesting man to be sure, there is a good deal more going on there than at first seems.

The sky priest shakes his head as he turns back toward the house of Choralia to rest and prepare for the mission that lay before him. He must give thought to the power Lord Phaulkon will, by His grace, allot to him in the morning.

When he reaches the house he smiles at Choralia and bows in greeting, “Where might I go to rest for a bit and pray?”

AlanBruce
2014-08-17, 05:26 AM
@Tonel: You watch Alsira and Severna jump back into the waves.

Surely they would be well prepared to go on the morrow to Indira's Aerie. Harpies, if the tales are to be believed, are cruel and bloodthristy creatures. Related to the majestic birds of Lord Phaulkon only by happenstance…

And if this one is as dangerous as the fey have painted her out to be, best be prepared.

Choralia pets Hammis' fat grey cat on her divan as one of the goat men bleat as you walk in and the elder Sirine helps herself to a grape.

"My dear Tonel… there is ample room in my palace! A shame my sisters would not join in. You! Go show our esteemed guest a room- make sure its comfortable."

The loincloth wearing goat man bleats as Hammis' fat cat hisses at you, no doubt recognizing who you were and you are lead through several rooms, making sure to notice the large windows, allowing for a cool breeze to wash in the marble hallways as the goat man stops in front of a bronze door emblazoned with a poplar tree atop a summit as stylized waves crash on the rocks below.

The goat man pushes the dorr and this one opens in half, revealing a large bed made for kings with lamb wool sheets and at least five cushions made of geese feathers, which oddly enough have geese walking around the room and look at you as they fly to the nearest large window and watch you lay down for the evening as the goat man bleats at them and the geese fly off.

To rescue three villains… what would your peers in Suel say.

The evening goes smoothly, as the geese feathered cushions knock you out almost immediately as your armor lies on the large bed, always at arm's length, just in case.

The bow is placed even closer against the bed, with your quiver right next to it.

Day 151, early morning

A loud bleat outside your door wakes you up as the goat man peeks his head in and looks at you.

Not one to be a rude guest, you pray by the window as the sun's rays come in, asking Lord Phaulkon to grant you the power, the wisdom, courage, and strength to brave whatever evil may await you out in the Ossian Way.

Fitting your armor and making sure the bow isn't too tight at the string, you head to the main room, where Choralia, Alsira, and Severna have sat down on a great wooden table as various animals walk up with plates on their heads, perfectly balanced, sporting all manner of fruits, cheeses, eggs, and porridge, as well as bread, honey and jam.

Alsira and Severna greet you and you can see that they are dressed differently today.

Alsira wears a lot more clothing this time- which isn't much, compared to how little she usually sports, but you can see there is a fine chain mail under her white blouse and a light tanned pants, as well as a beautiful rapier on the table next to her plate.

Severna wears white robes and has her hairtied in a ponytail down to her lower back. A quiver rests by her leg as well as a beautiful white light bow.

Choralia gestures to a chair as a lion purrs as he approaches you with a plate balanced on his mane.

"He won't bite, dear. Not unless I tell him to do so, that is."

Alsira shakes her head.

"Not now, sister, please. We are ready to head to the aerie. I am a tad nervous as it is and wold like to enjoy breakfast without such ghastly innuendo."

Choralia laughs as she sips a glass filled with freshly squeezed oranges.

"Oh, please! You two have swam all around the Ossian Way and have never been caught. You were even in Procan's Garden and back! You know you'll be fine."

Severna smiles at you as you take a seat.

'One thing is Procan's Garden or the Atoll, or Rochim's Isle..or even Litheum. But the Aerie is Alecto's domain… I just hope that we don't have to see her."

Choralia scoffs at her younger sister's words.

"Alecto…bah! I was around when Alecto was but a hatchling! She would be no more than a regular hag faced bird had the Shark not taken a fancy to her and given her a…blessing. For all her fearsome power, she has never once dared come here. And with good reason, too. Besides, if you find yourself in trouble, Severna will know what to do, right?"

Choralia winks at her sister as this one gulps down a piece of bread laced with honey.

"Well, yes. A last resort. I would like to see the Aerie up close and see who these men are. Land walkers are seldom seen around these parts and for those three to have made it here, well, it does peak my interest."

Choralia looks around at the various murals, depicting a beautiful fey coming out of a wave, a female human perched on a rock, and a green sea horse.

"Oh what capricious creatures fey are, aren't we? Always curious about the mortal world and the mortals that dwell in it."

Choralia gets up and leaves for the garden.

"Eat as much as you'd like. You have a long day ahead of you."

Severna and Alsira look at you as they each prepare another toast and jam sandwich.

"Are you ready, Tonel? We will try and rescue your friends…errr…acquaintances. If we cannot, well, at least we'll make sure Indira knows not to capture and tirture any more people- be them from land, sea, or air."

Frendle
2014-08-17, 05:50 PM
“I have prepared my spells for the mission. I have inspected all my equipment and weapons and I have asked Lord Phaulkon for his blessings on us. I am as ready to go as I can be.” Tonel smiles at the sisters.

“If we have finished our breakfast, perhaps we should be on our way, if you are both ready.” Looking to each, Tonel bows, “Thank you again for your friendship and companionship.”

“Shall we be off?” Tonel sets his face in a determined mien and strides out the door and into the unknown of the mission before him, may Phaulkon grant them the strength to complete it.

AlanBruce
2014-08-17, 06:08 PM
@Tonel: Alsira and Severna gear up and leave Choralia's palace as the elder Sirine sits on a wooden chair as her odd chess game made of animals continues and waves at you three as the sun shines bright and proud above and a cool breeze washes your hair as you reach the overlook and Severna looks through the affixed spyglass once more.

"Yes. That's the direction. Tonel, we will be leaving the hippocampi behind. We wouldn't want them to be in danger. Indira fancies shooting down large targets, as do her wild claws, but we are smaller, so we should swim by unnoticed."

Alsira looks down at the cliff- a three hundred foot drop and takes a few steps back as she straps her rapier to her belt.

"See you below, Tonel."

The Sirine takes a running start and leaps towards the cliff as she dioes a somersault in mid air and, like a feyblade, plunges into the waters below.

Severna sighs as she starts walking down the marble steps.

"Such a show off."

Frendle
2014-08-17, 07:42 PM
“If I tried that it would mean a quick resolution of this mission.” Tonel laughs at the amazing display of acrobatics. He follows the other, more sensible, Siren down the marble stairs.

When he reaches the bottom of the stairs he gathers the group together, “Let me cast a spell when we get within 15 minutes or so of when we are likely to meet any trouble. And I have two I might as well cast now.”

Water Breathing (extended) and Water walking (Extended) now.

Mass Conviction (extended) when close (Not sure of the distance)

After casting the spell Tonel looks to the Sirens with a hopeful smile, “I hope you have some way of letting me swim a bit faster than walking on the bottom of the Sea should these be dispelled.”

“Well, here we go.”And with a tentative step the Sky Cleric steps out on the surface of the water and finds it to be as solid as dry land.

AlanBruce
2014-08-18, 12:28 AM
@Tonel: Alsira emerges from the water as her red hair floats on the foam of the waves as these crash against the marble steps leading up to Choralis island.

"What took you two so long? Let us go! Harpy hunting season, no?"

Severna shakes her head as she walks into the water and the hippocampi ride towards the three of you and the sirine pets one of them.

"I'm sorry, guys. Not today. We need to be incognito for this. Stay close to the island. Keep watch, ok?"

The sea horses, not understanding much of Severna's words, look at each other and dive under the water as you take the first step and through Phaulkon's Grace, begin walking on water as the waves lap at your metal boots as the sirines swim a few feet away from you, catching the surf to speed up. while the bright sun shines above and causes your armor to glisten.

"We have some spells we can impart upon you, Tonel. Don't you worry. We have potions that will let you breath underwater. Some that will even let you transmute into a sea folk. Our sister Choralia is quite the experienced brewer."

Alsira does a backstroke as she squints her eyes at the sun.

"Like a witch."

Severna looks at her sister as she swims at a leisurely pace.

"Choralia is not a witch, Tonel. She is…well, was a royal House Caster of the House opf Sorrows. But that was a long time ago. Her craft is seldom seen today. Maybe that is why Alecto does not harass her- she fears what she does not understand."

Frendle
2014-08-18, 12:45 AM
Tonel admires the swimming form of the two Sirens, at the mention of the potions he reaches down and splashes Alsira playfully, ”I am glad to hear that, actually maybe it would be good if I put those in my haversack so I can call them as needed?”

“I think it is a good thing that your sister is so mysterious; holding a foe at bay without bloodshed is a great advantage. It pleases me that this keeps her safe.”

Tonel squints into the distance at the island, “So how long is this going to take? I wonder, it may be advisable if when we get close that I travel a bit more inconspicuously, I look like a lighthouse strolling across the sea.”

AlanBruce
2014-08-18, 04:06 AM
@Tonel: Alsira laughs as the water is splashed on her and returns in kind.

"Oh, you're in big trouble now!"

The playful sirine causes a shiort wall of water to rise by your side as you shut your eyes and are drenched in water as your hair droops down over your eyes.

Severna watches both of you play out in the vast ocean as you keep walking and fidgets with her bag.

"Wise idea, Tonel. Choralia brewed these: Alter Self, Water Breathing, Flight, and Heart of Water. Use these if you deem it absolutely necessary."

Alsira looks at Severna concealing a conch shell.

"And that?"

The sirine tucks the conch shell in her purse as she continues swimming.

"A last resort, sister. Should Indira happen to show up. I doubt it will do much against Alecto, but if we are careful enough, we should be able to avoid both hazards."

A few hours go by as the sun still shines heavy above as you stop on a rocky promontory, covered in bird droppings and a few skulls.

Alsira and Severna submerge, allowing only half their heads to pop out of the water as they place their back against the rock and peek beyond.

And there it is- Indira's Aerie.

Thios place was not built for someone to walk around, rather more to fly about, given the nature of those that built it. As such, the Aerie does not have any ladders or ropes of any sort. Instead, the structure, flimsy at first appearance, is built on barnacle studded bones- in fact, the main structure that holds Indira Aerie together is a one giant spinal chord. Whatever animal it belonged to, must've been gigantic in nature. And whoever felled it must've been quite the hunter indeed.

The tall spinal chord juts upward three hundred feet and from its massive bone sections, smaller iron bars have been hammered into the bone, each sporting about ten huts, made of wood, metal, and seaweed.

Scattered around this structure, you can see several dangling cages, much like the ones a house would have for pet birds, but large enough to house a medium sized creature.

On the top of the spinal column, a much grander hut has been built, with a pair of brazers constantly burning and producing dark crimson smoke.

Then there are the Aerie's inhabitants.

Foul winged creatures armed with light armor and bows. Heavy helmets thankfully conceal the top half of their faces as they soar about their bone home and screech as they perk on the various steel rods that have been nailed to the main column while others pester the dangling cages, causing them to sway back and forth.

That's when you hear the Bird Killer's cries of distress. Once tough villains, now bawling waifs.

Get me out of here!

I swear I've never hurt a single fly… I swear!

P…please! I'll do anything. Spare me!

Alsira and Severna stifle their laughter as they keep hidden behind the guano covered rock and watch the immense sea fortress about five hundred feet away from your position.

"I take it those are your friends, Tonel? What should we do?"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82236)

Frendle
2014-08-18, 03:44 PM
Tonel pulls back behind the rocks and beckons to the Sirens, “Well, first let me cast conviction on us all, then we’ll have to get around to the Fighter. Which means underwater I would imagine. Do either of you have the ability to cast illusions? The longer they don’t notice they are missing, the better off we’ll be. Can either of you use a communication spell like message?”

“I can use heart of water and wings of water to get over there. Then I can get up there with flight and cast gaseous form on him. The wind will be to the east and will blow him that way. I’ll have to get up to him, do we have invisibility? He can go over to the rocks and we can take him back here meanwhile if we can put an illusion of him in the cage? Also I can see at that time if the cages are mearly latched, or if they are locked.”

Tonel runs his hand through his hair, “I know that sounds complicated. But if we have the spells it should work at least for him. He will be the hardest to get over here.” After that we’ll have to get the Cleric. I may be able to use Downdraft to knock the Harpy down to the water and then we take it under and kill it. Hopefully it will have a key on it, if the cages have locks. Then we get him down and take him to the rock. The Wizard will be a problem. What assets do we have for him other than a fight? I will cast divine power then holy transformation for that one. The later turns me back too my usual size so I’m not a giant flying in the air.” Tonel smiles uncertainly.

AlanBruce
2014-08-19, 12:42 AM
@Tonel: Alsira and Severna blink twice as you go over your plan, going through various coordinates, spells, actions…

Alsira turns to look at the harpies.

"I see only ten… they should be easy pickings."

Severna squints her eyes under the sun and looks up at the higher platforms of the Aerie.

"It's not those harpies that worry me, sister. It's Indira, who has not shown herself. I can only hope she has not spotted us."

Alsira smiles as she looks at her more serious sister.

"Or she's gone hunting? She is a hunter, after all. I doubt one of Al;ecto's finest would just sit idly by and let others do the hunting for her, no?"

Severna caresses her sister's cheek and smiles as she looks at the winged demons farther away.

"I like your optimism, sister. Tonel, I can make us fly and be invisible. If needed, I can cast a simple illusion when you release the prisoners. Alsira can handle a harpy or two on her own…"

Alsira scoffs at the comment.

"Make that four or six."

Severna accepts your blessing and then looks at the dangling cages.

"I trust these humans will be quiet while they're being set free by an unseen force? They won't panic? Harpies have very good hearing."

And with that, Severna takes out three sea gull features, which she meshes together and transmute all three in order to make your body lighter than air.

Next, she taps each of you and herself with her hand as you watch Alsira disappear from view, as well as Severna.

Alright, Tonel. We are under the guise of illusion and the power of flight. Lead the way. I can see both of you.

Frendle
2014-08-19, 02:09 AM
Tonel trilled to feel the power of flight course through his body. The source of that power was only indirectly from his lord, as all good things of the air are Phaulkon’s, and flying is the best of these at least to Tonel.

He nods to where he believes Severna to be and flies just above the surface of the water until he is under the cage holding the loathsome, and very fortunate, dwarf.

Tonel then heads upward until he is level with the cage. He inspects the cage door and sees that it is locked as he feared. He waits until the dwarf is quite and whispers, “Uldir, I am a friend, I am here to rescue you, but you must remain quiet.”

AlanBruce
2014-08-19, 04:39 AM
@Tonel: rising from the water as quietly as you can, you watch two similar movements in the water- Alsira and Severna, no doubt, taking flight.

The sun shines bright above you as you fly closer towards the grand spinal chord that serves as base for Indira's Aerie.

The smell of carrion here is potent. Potent enough to hve you hold your breath as the harpies above soar and gargle and feast on whatever they have caught on the water below as you ascend towards Uldir's cage.

The cage is made of iron, held by a thick chain of the same material and hammered with a piston against a thick rusted metal bar that has been impaled onto the great bone structure.

A big rusted barnacled encrusted padlock weighs the cage at an angle, causing its prisoner to rest his body against the bars.

Uldir has seen better days, that's for sure. Deprived of his heavy armor and weapons, the dwarf wears only a dirty shirt and ragged pants. His face bears claw marks- most likely the fight he endured before being carried to his cage.

However, you do see that the cage has an old steel plate filled with fish heads- food for the prisoner. As well as a small jug filled with water.

It would seem Indira doesn't want them dead yet.

Uldir hesitates as he prods around his plate and picks up a slimy fish head and shuts his eyes as he bites into it, causing the brine to drip down his red beard as the dwarf warrior gulps down his meal and heaves, attempting to keep it in, rather than out.

Then, at your whispered voice, the dwarf turns in your direction and holds on to the bars.

"Who… who's this? A ghost? No. Not a ghost. A voice from my past. A hunter of hunters… Tonel."

The dwarf looks up at the harpies flying and roosting above and then in your general direction.

"Come to mock my fate, priest? Fine, I'll play along."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82293)

Frendle
2014-08-19, 11:28 AM
“I’ve come to save your life Uldir, nothing more, this I swear by my Lord Phaulkon that I will do nothing to harm you, except in self-defense, until you are free and we part company.” Tonel says as urgently s a whispered declaration can be made.

“I would not let anyone, even my enemies, be tortured and killed by these vile creatures.” He adds, “Now, I cannot open this cage, but I can make it so you can get out. Do you know what the spell gaseous form does? If not it will change you to a gaseous form which you will have some control over. The wind will blow you to the east, but you will be able to move downward, get to the surface of the water along the rocks and another friend will be there to help you. The n we will get Clanden out.”

Hoping that the Dwarf is smart enough to understand that Tonel would be willing to save them even if he hates them he reaches into the cage and calls forth the powers of the sky god to change the Dwarf to an insubstantial form.

Gaseous Form

AlanBruce
2014-08-19, 06:54 PM
@Tonel: Uldir smiles a toothkess grin, except for a few golden nuggets embedded in his gums.

"By The Many! You would help me? Hehe. Fine by me. I don't know what magic you may have, but anything to get out of this damn cage."

And so, you place your invisible hand on Uldir's shoulder as his body suffers a drastic change and his whole dwarf self becomes mist like and insubstantial as the dwarf seeps easily through the rusted barnacle encrusted bars of his cage.

Immediately, a simple illusion of Uldir sitting right as he were on the cage appears as you hear Severna's voice.

"One down… two to go. This illusion should last long enough to fool the harpies, but we best hurry."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82381)

Frendle
2014-08-19, 08:22 PM
Tonel nods, and flies down to the water level again. "Now comes the tricky part, we need to take out that Harpy without the rest reacting to it. I am going to cast a quickened silence and then downdraft."

"It should knock the Harpy to the surface of the water. At that point we need to take it under the water and kill it. Once we do that we need to find if it has a key for the cage. If it does Severna you need to go unlock the cage and get Clanden down since we will be viable, unless of course if you have a magical way of opening the lock that would be better than looking for the key."

"Be aware that it may only knock it down half the way down. At which point I guess we improvise, hopefully we'll be3 able to take it out quickly before the alarm is raised."

"If our luck holds out, we'll go on to the next and hardest challenge."

After going over this portion of the plan, Tonel flies under the cage and sinks down into the water to cover most of his body and not sure if he was now flying or swimming.

Then ganging the silence spell such that the outer limit of the radiius covered 5 feet over the Harpy's head, he calls on Phaulkon to hold the very air still so that no sound could be heard, then immediately after he reaches into the very heart of his lord and calls forth a powerful column of air to crush the foul being to the waves.

Quickened Silence

Downdraft 100 feet down DC 18 reflex to only be sent down 50'.
If it hits the water will it take the 10d6 damage like it would for hitting the ground?

'

AlanBruce
2014-08-19, 09:02 PM
@Tonel: Severna listens to your plan and responds invisibly.

"I do not have a Knock spell, which would open the cages, but Alsira can certainly take care of the harpy with your help once you bring down to the water. These monsters like to swoop down and catch prey, but they never get their feathers wet."

You fly towards the area where Clanden lies captured and decsend softly into the water, taking advantage of the waves to mitigate the splash.

Then, once underwater, you look up at the blurred image of the harpy a hundred feet above you and silently call on Phaulkon's Grace as a funnel of wind envelops the Wild Claw and this one loses her balance as she drop in a piral of feathers and shrieks…

However, at the fifty foot mark, the harpy stretches her wings and uses them to glide the downdraft as she shrieks to her nearby sisters, who shriek in return.

Thankfylly, the Aerie is rather big, and not all harpies have been alerted. Not yet, at least.

The sirines, still invisible, sigh.

"Well, so much for that… do we rise up to the challenge?"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82388)

Frendle
2014-08-19, 09:25 PM
Tonel shakes his head, Well, it was a good plan, but plans are the most fragile of things.

"Yes, we rise indeed. Hit her with everything we have and hope our improvisation finish her off before others get here, but I think we just kicked the hornets nest."

With that Tonel rises up from the water and calls forth his bow from the quiver, and readies another spell.

Righteous Wrath of the Faithful

Extra attack at best bonus, +3 to hit and damage for all three of us

11 rounds

Frendle
2014-08-19, 09:29 PM
Initiative 1d20+5

Frendle
2014-08-19, 09:30 PM
Initative

[roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-08-19, 11:03 PM
@Tonel: The spell failed. Your presence has been made known.

Three harpies screech and ready bows, but thankls to Severna's spell, you feel faster and much more agile.

Hopefully your aim is just as good.

Alsira appears right next to the harpy that was downdrafted and pierces her leathery armor with her rapier, causing the hideous fowl to yelp in pain.

An elegant strike, to be expected of a fey, but not strong enough to fell it.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82389)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpies 2,4, 6
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-19, 11:46 PM
Tonel is in a position he is not used to, reacting quicker then his foe. He smiles to himself, "Well, if I am given the chance to act, I should act with authority."

Choosing a simple conjuration he quickly calls on Phaulkon to bring this winged horror to her knees with the realization of her crimes, then he calls on those allies around him to stand tall and accept a portion of Tonel's faith to strengthen their bodies and achieve great feats to the glory of Phaulkon.

"Foul beast! Be now remonstrated, you have committed crimes innumerable and must now face the truth of your guilt.

Then immediately after he digs deeply within his soul and radiates out a light of pure faith which saturates himself and the Siren Sisters and gives them all a holy strength and purpose.

"Stand with me now my dear friends, we will win the day by the grace of Phaulkon."

Quickened Deific Vengeance - DC 17 will save.

Righteous Wrath of the Faithful

Extra attack at best bonus, +3 to hit and damage for all three of us

11 rounds

Frendle
2014-08-20, 01:56 AM
[roll0] Damage

AlanBruce
2014-08-20, 05:07 AM
@Tonel: You bring forth Phaulkon's Judgement on the harpy as this one screeches and tears come pouring down her wrinkled cheeks, as the thoughts of every innocent slain under her talons and eaten by her ever hungry gangs errodes in her mind, vile as it may be…

Yet the Wild Claw shrugs off the effect, tremendous as it was, and looks at you directly as it readies her bow.

Clanden, hanging inside his cage, looks below.

"Do my eyes decieve me? Has Incabulos cast a cruel illusion to mock me in this mortal hell? Is my time near that a phantom from the past would come and reap me? Be it by talon or by arrow, or deific vengeance, am I to cross the threshold to my ultimate fate by the hand of a phaulkonite?"

Alsira rolls her eyes as she maintains her guard.

"I take it that's the cleric?"

The harpy unleashes a volley of arrows on you and Alsira.

Out of three arrows fired, one manages to strike the Sirine as the arrow embeds in her thigh.

"Oh, you are so dead, hag!"

The other Wild Claw, alerted by the fighting below, descends at tremendous speeds, but the movement alone leaves her exhausted to launch a volley. However she is close enough now to retaliate if need be.

The last harpy does descend fifty feet from her perch and shoots an arrow that strikes you in the shoulder.

14 damage

Severna intones a rapid incantation as she fires off three arrows at the harpy

Swift Haste

That's when Severna unveils herself and shoots three consecutive arrows at the harpy.

Out of the three shots, two strike the feathered fiend and whatevere Severna has imbued upon her arrows, cause the flying beast to shriek in pain, leaving golden wounds that drip flour blood on the waters below.

Yet the harpy still flies.

Severna grimaces as her cover was revealed for naught. Had one of the harpies been put down, at least her reveal would've had some meaning.

Now, all three were quite visible.

"Tonel, you think you can flank with Alsira? She is a lot more efficient when dealing with enemies that way."

Round 2

Alsira looks at the arrow on her thigh and breaks the tail off.

"If you think that will be enough, you are horribly mistaken. Now I know, we came to your home, cutting you up. But trust me on this- you and your mistress had it coming."

Alsira unleashes a barrage of steely strokes against the harpy as this one does its best to dodge, managing to evade one.

The sirine smiles.

You know, you could fly away and…nah. It's not really going to happen. We're doing this, right sister?"

Severna nods.

"I don't think we have much of a choice now. It will be a matter of time before the whole Aerie is warned. Let's finish these three off as quickly as possible."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82410)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpies 2,4, 6
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-20, 04:44 PM
"Look at the situation you are in Clanden, why would I need to come here to kill you. I would need only wait and let the Harpys do it. As difficult as it may seem, we are here to resue you. Ironic is it not, but it is the truth, I swear it by my Lord Phaulkon. You know me, you know that I would make no such oath unless it were the truth."

"If you can help us, now would be a good time."

Tonel, heeding the wishes of his friend casts ma quick evocation as invisible flames cover his hands, after which the sky priest switches his bow for his Morningstar as he moves up to flank the Harpy near Alsira.

“How’s this my dear?“ He winks at Alsira.

Quickened Darkfire

AlanBruce
2014-08-20, 06:34 PM
@Tonel: You cast a spell in rapid succession and, although it cannot be seen under the bright sun of the Ossian Way, you can feel the burning sensation in your hands as you fly opposite Alsira who winks back.

"Ready to kabob this birdie, Tonel?"

Clanden watches the fight from his cage.

"Were I able to fend off these bars, phaulkonite, I would be long gone. That or have claimed the Aerie for myself! However, Incabulos smiles upon me by sending you as a proxy to assist my ascension as ruler of these waters!"

Alsira looks up at the caged cleric and then at you.

"Do we have to rescue that guy?"

The surrounded harpy flies five feet back and fires three arrows.

Alsira ducks one directed at her.

Severna twirls mid air as the arrow is redirected by a gust of wind.

But you do get hit in the same shoulder.

14 damage

One of the other Wild Claws moves a bit to the left, keeping a hundred foot distance from all of you and fires a straight arrow at Severna.

"Oh no, you do not, sorry."

That;s when the Sirine envelops herself in translucent cerulean dragon wings of pure arcane force as the arrow bounces off.

Wings of Cover

The last harpy alerted fires three arrows.

Severna gets hit in the chest.

Alsira in the back.

The harpy laughs and screeches as Severna looks up at her and points her outstreched hand.

"You dare fire upon us? Fine, but I do recall you rely on eyesight to aim, no? Too bad for you…"

That's when an explosion of multicolored glitter burst around the harpy as her eyes shut and tears swell down her swollen cheeks.

Glitterdust

Round 3

Alsira flies closer to the damaged harpy and looks at you.

"Join me in the flanking, luv! This one isn't getting away."

And so, Alsira waits for you to join in with rapier ready.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82569)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpies 2,4, 6
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-20, 07:08 PM
“Always glad to be of service my lady,” Tonel smiles at the Siren, such an odd sight see her in the air, and moves around to flank the Harpy taking to time to swing out and not enter wings length until behind her.

“Well, perhaps we should burn some of the feathers from her wings, that may bring her down.”

Tonel reaches out with his hand will the unseen flames to burn the stinking feathered body in front of him.

[roll0] Darkfire touch attack [roll1]

AlanBruce
2014-08-20, 08:05 PM
@Tonel: You move closer to the feathered hag and place your hand on her shoulder as her feathers burn with dark flames, causing her to screech.

That's when Alsira thrust her rapier into the harpy's flank.

A precise stroke, as copious amounts of blood flow from the feathered fiend…

Yet it still remains aloft.

Heavily hurt, the harpy retreats five more feet and launches another volley of arrows at all three.

The first arrow hist Alsira in the leg as the Sirine clenches her teeth.

"Damn monster won't go down easy!"

The second arrow strikes Severna in the left arm.

"They are Indira's trained harpies, sister. But one cannot see, so that should buy us some time."

A third arrow flies towards you, but the winds are in your favor as this one errs its mark entirely.

The blind harpy launches another arrow that, against all odds, strikes Severna, who once more raises a cerulean pair of wings around her.

Wings of Cover

"…although sometimes, even the blind ones get lucky."

Alsira yelps in pain as the blind harpy fires another shot at her, striking her dead on.

"Reason why I don't resort to…hey! Severna…and if we touch them?"

The third arrow flies towards you and misses its mark again.

The last alerted harpy launches a series of arrow volleys as one strikes you in the back.

11 damage

A second arrow strikes Alsira too close to the neck.

The Sirine, for all her bravado, will not be able to endure much longer.

Severna is struck as well as she contemplates her options.

Then, yelling at the top of her lungs, Severna releases a bubble of sound, that strikes the harpy in the chest, causing her to bleed some more.

Sudden Empowered orb of sound

Yet the harpy remains aloft…if barely.

Round 4

Alsira moves in, embittered by the amount of arrows her body has taken and strikes twice.

Beautiful strikes that leave the harpy drooling blood from many wounds, as one of her feathers manages to keep her barely afloat.

"Tonel! Finish her off!"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82570)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpies 2,4, 6
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-20, 08:20 PM
Looking at the wounds to his friend, Tonel reaches out once again and touches the fiend before him.

“Die foul beast you have done enough evil for ten lifetimes.”

[roll0] Darkfire

Frendle
2014-08-20, 08:21 PM
[roll0] attack

AlanBruce
2014-08-20, 09:08 PM
@Tonel: You watch Alsira gravely hurt and decide that this fowl has had enough.

You place your scorching hand on the harpy's face as it screeches and tries to claw at you, dropping her bow as you squeeze her face in, imprinting your hand on her face.

After a few seconds of struggling, the harpy goes limp as the only thing holding her in the air is your burning hand.

And then you let go, as the dead Wild Claw spirals to the waves below.

Alsira takes a breather as Severna looks at the two remaining harpies.

"Brace yourselves!"

That's when Severna flies towards Alsira and shoves her to the side as one deadly arrow fired by the blind harpy strikes the Sirine too close to the heart, as she cough some blood.

"I'm..fine. Alsira. We need to go invisible."

The other two arrows miss their mark miserable.

However, the third harpy, well aware of her surroundings, smiles as she shuts one eye and prepares to shoot.

@Tonel: One of the arrows strikes you straight in the back once more.

12 damage

The second arrow strikes your leg calf.

9 damage

The last arrow misses its mark.

Round 5

Alsira shuts her eyes and disappears from view completely.

"I'm still here, Tonel. We are going to use our innate powers on these harpies and bring them down faster. Can you draw their attention? It is clear that we need a faster approach against them."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82571)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpies 2 & 4
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-20, 10:37 PM
TOnel smiles to himself, "I can do that, let's see what the sighted one thinks of my archery."

With that Tonel stedies himself, and a brief vision of his Lord Phaulkon riding the air currents and fireing arrows crosses through his mind.

"Here is how one fires arrows in Phaulkon's service." and with that he fires off a flight of arrows at the Harpy who can still see.

[roll0] Faith [roll1] Damage

[roll2] First [roll3] Damage

[roll4] Second [roll5] Damage

Frendle
2014-08-20, 10:38 PM
[roll0] Faith Crit check [roll1] Damage

[roll2] First crit Check [roll3] Damage

Frendle
2014-08-20, 10:40 PM
And the last crit forgot it

AlanBruce
2014-08-20, 11:19 PM
@Tonel: Phaulkon smiles upon you this day as your arrows, as if fired by The Lord himself, pierce the Wildclaw with such precision and strength, that two perforate her body and keep flying through their back as gushes of dark red blood flow into the waves below.

Severna smiles as invisible clapping can be heard.

"Yeah! Go Tonel!"

The harpy has been wounded tremendously. With just three quick shots, it is now facing immiment death.

However, to surrender to an enemy would mean facing death at Indira's claws, something far worse.

And so, the harpy returns the favor on you and Severna.

The first arrow misses you completely.

So does the second.

Whatever gods this harpy prays to, are not being compassionate to her, as the third arrow misses its mark as well.

The blind harpy screeches out loud as it attempts to shoot in your direction, even blinded.

The first arrow would've hit, but Severna's spell keeps it from reaching its mark.

The second arrow misses ridiculously well.

The third would've hit, but glitterdust has proven to be a good friend today.

Severna shuts her eyes and disappears as well.

"Alsira and I will deal with the blind one, Tonel. Can you handle the other one?"

Round 6

Although you cannot see Alsira, you hear the blind harpy screeching as she holds her forehead, as if in tremendous pain.

Whatever the Sirine is doing, it's working, leaving you to handle one very unlucky archer.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82578)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpies 2 & 4
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-20, 11:58 PM
Tonel whispers a prayer of gratitude. The image of Phaulkon the Archer which came to his mind was a true blessing from his God. The sky priest is flushed with humility and infused with love for his Lord.

"It is well that death comes easily for you, "He say to the Harpy. "Phaulkon has chosen to be merciful."

And with that he draws back his bowstring and lets loose another volley.

AlanBruce
2014-08-21, 12:37 AM
@Tonel: The gods are fickle.

As pohaulkon smiled upon you before, he seems to want to test your own strength and conviction as you fire another volley at the harpy, but this one has learned her lesson from earlier, as she ducks around the lethal arrows.

The blind harpy attempts to shoot at her attackers, but Alsira and Severna, who have placed themselves too close for comfort, manage tow ork their fey magic on the glittered harpy as she attempts to fire arrows at them and you watch the harpy's eyes go blank as she drools like an idiot and plummets towards the ocean, with not a single wound on her.

The harpy you are engaging, grins as she cough some blood and fires a volley of her own.

11 damage

The second arrow misses entirely.

As does the third.

That's when you feel Severna's soothing touch on your shoulder and watch your hands disappear.

"I have a few left, so use them wisely."

Invisibility

Round 7

With Uldir a mass of gas floating right above the waves below, the harpy left shrieks in pain as an invisible blade pierces her liver and you hear Alsira's voice.

"This one's almost cooked!"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82579)

Alsira
Tonel
Harpy 2
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-21, 01:21 AM
"Thank you my friend, I shall do my best not to waste it, by the grace of Phaulkon." Tonel whispers to Servena.

He draws back his bow and takes aim as his thoughts clear and his hand steadies. Ha makes a silent prayer, "Lord Phaulkon, guide my shafts with your righteousness and mercy."

AlanBruce
2014-08-21, 01:50 AM
@Tonel: With Aklsora and Severna still under the veil of illusions, you let loose yet another volley of arrows as the harpy begins to screech and your last arrow shuts her up by piercing her mouth and sticking the end through her nape.

As the feathery hag plummets to the ocean below, the invisibility is gone from you, but not from the Sirines, who have used a more potent version on themselves.

Severna's voice comes in loud and clear.

"This part of the Aerie is harpy free, but it's a matter of time until the others are keen to our presence…"

Alsira's voice interrupts her sister.

"With all that screeching, you know they'll be upon us. What's the next part of the plan, Tonel?"

That's when you feel Alsira and Severna's hand on your shoulders.

"Those harpies got a few hits on us. You wouldn't happen to have some way to heal us? I suspect that we might need it if we are to rescue the other two."

That's when you spot one of the harpies across the Aerie flying towards Uldir's cage and rattling it.

"You haven't eaten your food, dwarf- EAT! We want you plump."

Yet Uldir's illusion does nothing but stay in place.

The Wild Claw rattles the cage some more as she looks up to the highest roost in the Aerie.

"Indira! This one won't eat!"

And although you cannot see her, you can hear her voice from above.

"They have been eating up until now… why won't he?"

That's when the ruler of the Aerie steps up from her high roost.

Unlike the other harpies, foul and screeching and smelly, this harpy is clearly a cut above the rest.

Indira sports black feathers and a black crown of them atop her fair skin. Her face is very much like a fair maiden's, but you can see evil behind those dark blue eyes.

A magnificent bow is starpped on her back, with a very expensive looking quiver dangling from her belt, as well as a sword.

Her talons look as if they were made of adamantine and as black as her feathers, contrasting with the clear blue skies above.

http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/236x/3a/11/a0/3a11a002a3790afcdac852f716b23acb.jpg

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82589)

Frendle
2014-08-21, 04:30 PM
Tonel looks up at the menace above remembering the admonitions against tangling with her. With a though he dispels the Darkfire spell, then says “Alsira take my hand so that I may cast as quick a heal on you as I can, my friends, it may be time to rethink this. “

“We need to get under the cover of the water and over to the rocks where we first laid eyes on the Aerie. I do not like leaving this half done, but if we continue to fight right now we will all die. We have saved one of them. That may be all we can hope for, unless one of you knows of a way to deal with Indira”

With that Tonel casts a quick spell on Alsira sending Phaulkon’s healing energy into her, then he flies straight down into the water and as far under it as he can.

Quickened Cure Serious Wounds [roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-08-21, 04:48 PM
@Tonel: You watch the leader of the Aerie pop her face from the highest spire and recall what Choralia and the sisters mentioned as you bless Alsira's wounds with Phaulkon's grace and dive back into the water.

The sisters do so as well as they, invisibly, hatch up a plan.

"Indira can be distracted, Tonel. I still have some minor illusions that can help. Can you secure the gaseous dwarf you released from the cage? I can place it in my bag of holding before the winds carry him too far off."

Severna then pauses.

"Alsira, I have a scroll here that will allow you to switch places with that cleric, Clanden- the Beningn Transposition. After that…"

Alsira interrupts her sister.

"wait… you want me in that cage? I don't think so…"

Severna sighs.

"They are old cages and you do know a trick or two about lock picking, right? Besides, we have three dead harpies floating here on the water. well, two dead, one is just comatose. Maybe they have the key. I'll switch you with the cleric. He'll most likely drop- that's where your strength will come in handy, Tonel, unless you have a way to aleve his fall. After that, you start picking the lock and fly down to the water, where the Wild Claws will not be able to reach us."

The sisters go silent underwater and then address you.

"Unless you have a better plan. Indira will still likely be alerted of this, but we can get two out of three. If we push our luck, all three."

Frendle
2014-08-21, 06:08 PM
Tonel considers the words of his friends and is heartened by their courage. “I have nothing which will break his fall from here, but I have the flight potion, if you can give that to him before he falls? I can then give him the water breathing potion when he gets down to the water. If you are not able to give him the fly potion, then he will have to take his chances on the fall. Even if he dies, I can raise him later. It is not ideal, but it may be the best we can hope for.”

“I should be able to fit the dwarf into my Haversack, but that will have to come after we save the Cleric. Right now I feel he is the safest of all of us.”

Tonel calls forth the flight potion from his Haversack and holds it out, knowing that Severna can see him even if he cannot see her.

AlanBruce
2014-08-21, 06:34 PM
@Tonel: You watch the potion being taken out of your hands and watch two splashes of water fly out towards the sky.

A few moments later, you can hear some commotion in the Aerie as you pop up your head and spot Clanden flying and laughing like a mad man.

"Incabulos answered my prayers!!!"

Although you cannot see Alsira and Severna…or Indira, high up in her perch, you do notice that a few harpies have flocked lower and around Hamis' cage.

The stupid cleric, with his maniacal laughter has ttacted the attention of one of the harpies as he flies about, oblivious to the danger.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82685)

Frendle
2014-08-21, 07:58 PM
“Quiet you fool, do you not see the danger all around you? Get down to the water near me and I will give you a potion of water breathing.” Tonel says to the Cleric as loudly as he dares. His life is now his own, though I will do what I can to help him, but if he wishes to throw it away….

He thinks to himself, “I wonder if this is one of the distractions?”

He looks to the cage the cleric haws just left to see if the cage has been opened yet. The he looks at the final prisoner. “Gods what will we do to get him out of there?”

Keeping to the rest of the plan, Tonel moves toward the Dwarf and tells him, “Get inside my Haversack in case we need to run quickly. The spell will last many minutes yet, so you will be safe.” Tonel gathers the Gaseous form into his Haversack and then sinks below the waves.

AlanBruce
2014-08-22, 05:17 AM
@Tonel: Clanden stops dancing like a fool in mid air as you hold out the bottle for him.

"Right… Incabulos has put me through a test…and I shall succeed! Down I go!"

Freefalling, the mad cleric, dressed in rags, managaes to stop a few inches from the waves, so as to not shatter his body and dives in as you leave Clanden behind and can only hope he gulps down the potion.

You then leave the water's surface and dash forward like a golden comet, causing ripples in your wake and never really give Uldir a chance to negotiate what will happen next, as you bag the gas in your haversack and look up.

The sisters must be still under the guise of invisibility, but the Aerie is now in full alert as indira herself stands on the edge of her high perch and looks at the commotion and the three dead harpies being washed by the waves.

"Nobody escapes my Aerie, human! I know you are not here alone. You could not have taken down my Wild Claws with just a bow and arrow. However, I do commend you on coming all the way here to rescue your brothers in arms. This just means that the hunt shall be that most gratifying…"

Clanden is nowhere to be seen, presumably under the aves and well hidden from Indira;'s view.

Hamis rattles his cage as he pokes his old face through the rusted bars.

"Don't forget me! I'm a fountain of knowledge! Knowledge comes first!"

The harpies cackle at his words.

"Blood will be all that your body spews forth, old man. I see no knowledge here, but desperate folly."

Severna's voice can be heard through the skies.

"Tonel! i will distract Indira- you go get the wizard. Sister, you know what to do."

Indira looks in the direction of the voice.

"Tonel? Is that your name, human? And you brought company… disappointing, really. I thought you braved here all alone, but no matter- The wayward cleric is a matter of time until I catch him. The wizard, well, I would like to watch you try and get him out."

Roll Initiative

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82701)

Frendle
2014-08-22, 03:42 PM
Initiative [roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-08-22, 03:52 PM
@Tonel: With clanden underwater and the dwarf in the bag, you look at the last caged miscreant..

Hamis. And he is well guarded. Then again, Indira remains on the higehst perch and does not seem to react yet, except thrwoing empty threats.

There is one of those harpies around the cage where Clanden was, along with alsitra and Severna who are still invisible, but who knows- even a blind harpy was able to strike at the fey.

Tonel
Wld Claw 9
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-23, 01:59 AM
Tonel considers the situation near Hamis’ cage. There is one Harpy right next to the cage and two more in the near vicinity. Seeing that he cannot get to the cage before the enemy can react, he about halfway and stops to cast a spell. One of the most powerful given to him by Lord Phaulkon.
Control of the very winds from the wings of his God.

“Well, let’s see if we can make it a bit harder for them,” Tonel thinks to himself.

“Lord Phaulkon, allow me the strength to clear away the stench of these foul beasts who dare to pollute the pure sky that is your very being!”

Control Winds Increase wind force to Severe -4 to ranged attacks.

DC 15 fort save on each beings turn or be affected as follows. Any Flying creature considered one size category smaller
Tiny Blown away
Small Knocked down
Medium Checked
Large or larger None

Wind is blowing from right to left on the map

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82764)

AlanBruce
2014-08-23, 04:55 AM
@Tonel: You look at the the three harpies surrounding Hamis' cage and then look up at Indira, who stands at the very top of her Aerie as the sun shines bright above the mid air carnage.

The three harpies snicker and screech as they ready bows…

But that's when a cool breeze flows through them, causing Hamis' cage to move just a tad…

In a plit second, the winds blow severely, causing the Wild Claws near the mage to swirl around the powerful gales as surf from the very sea is carried aloft and stings them in the eyes.

Hamis' cage jostles like a pendulum, threatening to break off at anytime, as the wizard holds on for dear life in his barnacle studded prison.

Indira looks down from her perch and addresses you.

"The day a mere human would attempt to seize control of the skies, rightfully ours… you have guts, warrior. And these I shall display with pride on my mantle."

You then spot the lone harpy who fires at the invisible fey.

Severna's yelp can be heard in mid air and the cage that held Clanden tossles and turned as Alsira attempts to break free, to no success.

The three Wild Claws, hit heavily by the severe winds, shut one eye as sea foam stings their faces and shoot volley after volley of arrows at you.

One of them manages to hit you once.

10 damage

The other one scores a lucky shot, even amidst the severe winds.

14 damage

The last harpy fires another volley, out of which one arrow strikes you in the chest.

14 damage

The harpy with the sisters screeches as her eyes go blank.

It would seem severna is once again using her fey powers on her mind, but it will take some more to get rid of her.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82898)

Round 8

Tonel
Wld Claw 9, 8, 7 & 5
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-25, 02:38 PM
Not expecting the Harpys to be able to accurately aim through the windstorm, Tonel gasps nearly takes his life.

I was very fortunate he thinks as he flys into the waters below that the Birdkillers had nearly gotten the last laugh.

Tonel calls upon Phaulkon to heal his peierced body. Being on the receiving end of archery is not an experience he is used to.

Heal

AlanBruce
2014-08-25, 03:07 PM
@Tonel: Bleeding as bad as the harpies you've been peppering with arrows, you take the plunge into the waves and call on Phaulkon's Grace to renew your vitality, as a golden glow emanates from the water around you and your wounds close and heal immediately.

Then, a splash a few feet away catch your attention as yet another harpy drops comatose from the skies.

Severna must've finished her off with her magic.

Looking through the water above, you watch the jail cell that kept Alsira bust open as Indira, who cannot be seen from your underwater position, begins to bark orders.

"The invisible ones are mine! Kill that archer!"

The three harpies struggling to fly around Hamis' cage fire arrow after arrow towards your direction as these pierce the water and dart past you.

It would seem your spell and the fact you are underwater has given you a tremendous advent..

Except for one lucky arrow.

12 damage

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82982)

Round 9

Tonel
Wld Claw 8, 7 & 5
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-25, 03:24 PM
Feeling it is the time to unleash one of you most powerful spells granted you for your loyalty to Lord Phaulkon, you call upon the energies released in the storms and unleash it toward the Harpy neast the cage.

Then you arc it from Harpy to Harpy along a chain of lightning.

“Here is a gift from my God to you, my foul feathered fiends.” Having been filled with his Lord’s healing powers, Tonel’s spirits are high and he cannot resist a play on words.

Chain Lightning Damage [roll0] Half of this to the last three targets.

First target is Wild Claw 7, then the arc goes out to WC 5, 8 and 3.

Frendle
2014-08-25, 03:26 PM
DC 21

DC for the spell

AlanBruce
2014-08-25, 04:07 PM
@Tonel: the skies darken as indira and her harpies look up and a single bolt of lightning strikes you as your eyes crackle with electricity and with a praise to Phaulkon, you expel the pillar of electricity that strikes the first Wild Claw.

The harpy screeches in pain as her russet feathers become blackened as a few scorching remnants float towards the waves.

But that isn't it.

The lightning arcs through the first wild claw and catches three more. One is able to resist the tremendous electrical impulse.

The rest are charred, weary from the wind storm, but still aloft.

One of the closest harpies looks dow at you as electricity trickles still through her body and fires a volley of arrow at you.

The other two do the same, but miss miserably, with only one arrow finding its mark.

10 damage

One of the struck harpies' eyes go white as drool escapes the side of her filthy mouth.

Severna has caught yet another, but it won't be enough to drop the bird hag in one strike.

Hamis' cage keeps jostling as the old wizard prays to whatever foul deity he may serve.

That's when Alsira's voice comes in silently to him.

"Shut up, you old fool! I'll get you out if you stay calm."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82986)

Round 10

Tonel
Wld Claw 8, 7, 5 & 3
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-25, 04:49 PM
Gratified with the effect of the lightning spell, Tonel considers his next action.

"Well, I've got a few spells that will be more effective than shooting through this gale."

So the Sky priest calls on the Thunder of Phaulkons storms to direct a palpable lance of sound at the Harpy which took the brunt of the Lightning.

"You have seen the power of my Lord, now hear his anger!"

Sound Lance [roll0]

DC 19 Fort for half

AlanBruce
2014-08-25, 05:54 PM
@Tonel: The Aerie is a bloody battlefield as Severna flies from harpy to harpy, placing them comatose as one of them tries to shoot at you and yelps in pain as it spirals towards the sea.

Another is similary affected by the Sirine's touch, but like before, her attack isn't immediately lethal.

You hear a click and a light sploosh on the water as a lock picking tool drops on the ocean and Alsira curses un sylvan.

It would seem the fey will need a few more precious seconds to free the wizard.

You call on Phaulkon's Fury and yell with all your might as sound is turned into a lance of golden light which trumpets itself towards the most injured harpy, still crackling with electricity from your earlier spell.

The feathered fiend grips her ears as blood spills from them in a gush, but the monster remains aloft.

Indira looks below and barks orders at her Wild Claws.

"Move out of that wind funnel! Bring that archer down. HARD!"

The three closest harpies do as instructed and fly out of the storm you have created and fire a single arrow each.

The first one strikes true in the chest.

7 damage

The scond one dos the same in your left shoulder.

7 damage

The third one strikes you in the stomach.

14 damage

The other two harpies farther behind, flap their wings and move closer towards Hamis' cage, still in the funnel as Indira remains on her high perch.

"You believe you can come to my Aerie and wreak chaos, warrior? I think not! There is a reason why I am Alecto's Divine Huntress. Your spells will not work on me."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82989)

Round 11

Tonel
Wld Claw 7, 5 & 3
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-25, 07:48 PM
Seeing that the Harpys have moved out of the windstorm, Tonel decides it is time to create a batter barrier to the beasts shafts.

He swims a bit closer to the cage and then creates a cylindrical wall of wind 55 feet tall surrounding him.

Wind Wall

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82990)

AlanBruce
2014-08-25, 09:27 PM
@Tonel: With most of the harpies out of the immense storm you had summoned and with arrows still flying your way, you call on Phaulkon once more as a swirl of sea water forms at your feet and you rise upwards as water encircles you and it is quickly dissipated by gale force winds in a perfect cylinder.

The three harpies let toose a volley of arrows as one screeches in pain and spirals comatose towards the waves below.

Severna strikes again.

Confident in Phaulkon's Protections, you watch the many arrows directed at you swirl around the tornado and blow upwards towards the sky as Indira looks on.

"Close in…tear him apart!"

The tow other harpies move in close to Hamis' cage just as Alsira breaks the door open and moves aside.

"You can leave now, old geezer."

The Birdkiller mage looks at the harpies and crawls into a ball in the cage.

"I'll… I'll just stay here until those things leave."

Severna moves in to strike one of the harpies near the cage, but even invisibly, she is unable to catch the feathered fiend as this one instinctively ducks at the last second.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=82993)

Round 12

Tonel
Wld Claw 1,5, 7 & 10
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-26, 02:45 PM
“Looks like it is time to let the light of justice shine on you my dark and evil foe!,” Tonel shout up at the harpy nearest him.

He pulls in the light of his Lord into his soul and he feels the familiar cohesion of the bright grace of Phaulkon build in his body, then as he releases his anger and lets the love of the Sky Lord flow through his arms he loses a brilliant arrow at the beast.

Lucent Lance [roll0]

[roll1] Damage
blinded for one round, dazzled for 11 rounds no save

AlanBruce
2014-08-26, 04:06 PM
@Tonel: You squint your eyes as you watch the bright sun above you and smile.

These creatures will never get a chance to strike you down again.

Calling on a spell used back in St. Rochim to dispose of one of the mohrg knights, you call forth a lance of pure sunlight, half the size of the Aerie itself, and hurl it at one of the weakest harpies.

A direct beautiful hit as the feathered hag is nearly knocked down to the water and her face burns with the power of sunlight and her eyes go completely white as it claws at thin air.

Two of the harpies fly down towards you with their claws outstretched as they each rip at your chest and back.

7 damage

10 damage

The blind harpy makes a bee line for you, but being blind, it is unable to scratch you.

One of the harpies stays right next to Hamis' cage, where the frightened old wizard refuses to leave.

The harpie sneers at him and then her eyes go blank as she drools like a fool.

A double attack by the Sirine sisters, but it isn't enough to bring the creature down.

You can hear Alsira's voice in the air.

"Just jump into the water, you old fool! It's not that big of a drop!"

Hamis holds on to the rusty bars as the cage waves back and forth by the tremendous gusts of winds.

"I don't have my spell book! I can't fly! If you give me fifteen minutes, I can…"

Severna interrupts him.

"WE DON'T HAVE FIFTEEN MINUTES…JUMP!"

Hamis watches the Harpy guard still dazed by whatever power was inflicted on her and takes a deep breath as he places his body at the cage's edge.

Oh. Boccob..Uncaring One…make an exception to your most faithful servant!

And so, the old wizard Hamis, de facto leader of the Bird Killers, takes the plunge into the water as this one greets him with a loud splash and a grunt of pain…. a sign he is alive. If barely.

Boccob did not care much for him this day.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=83067)

Round 13

Tonel
Wld Claw 1,5, 7 & 10
Alsira
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-26, 05:33 PM
“Finally, the fool has jumped from his cage, though it looks as though he hit rather harder than he wanted.”

Tonel knows that now is the time to leave if he can get the cleric under the water and away from this place. Of course that holds true for him and the Sisters as well.

Tonel takes a careful step 5 feet away from the two sighted Harpeys at the same time going 5 feet under the water in a diagonal and downward direction, Then he moves under the water another 5 feet and over to Hamis and holding on to him he calls forth the Heart of Water potion from his Haversack holding it out for Hamis to take. Tonel makes a drinking motion to the hapless Magic User.

Move to D30 on the first move action.

AlanBruce
2014-08-26, 06:16 PM
@Tonel: With hamis hitting the water like a sack of cement, and Clanden waving his arms on the water a few feet away, and Uldir gassed and bagged, you know this is your cue to leave.

Submerging beneath the waves, you avoid the harpies and their talons and beckon Hamis to waddle towards you.

The old plump wizard, who has no doubt feasted on who knows how many birds in his many years as a Bird Killer, spits slat water as his ragged tunic weighs him down, yet, with desperation and a touch of adrenaline, the wizard clenches to yoru shoulders, fear in his eyes as he spits more saltwater in your face.

"T…T..Tonel? Tonel Carth! What in the name of the Great Library are you doing here? Nevermind- you must save me! I am a fountain of…"

Hamis swallows a healthy dose of saltwater as you pop the potion in his mouth and the wizard submerges under water.

Clanden wallows around as the waves hit his face.

"Help! I need somebody…HELP! Not just anybody!!!"

That's when the harpies above fly upwards and Indira, like a black comet, descends at tremendous speed fifty feet above the water, bow in hand.

"Wild Claws, you will be reprimaded for this… leave. These mortals and their fey helpers are mine."

Alsira and Severna gasp.

"She can see us?"

Indira turns her face towards the cage where Hamis was.

"Nobody esapce my hunter's sight, sirens. You dared come to my Aerie, not even half aware of the perils that await. Now, you deal with me. But first…"

Indira nocks back an arrow at fires at Clanden, as this one bites through his shoulder and sticks out behind him, spewing blood on the water and leaving the cleric barely alive.

"…I'll deal with my caged prey."

Severna and Alsira's invisibility wear off as Severna blows on the conch shell and a loud onerous tune echoes through the vast sea.

Indira looks at the fey and smirks.

"A cry for help? Nobody can save you, fey."

Alsira takes out her rapier.

"It's not to save us, you ugly hag… it's to save him."

That;s when a an enormous water lump emerges from the waves and a titanic sized creature, resembling an orca whale with elfin features and a falchion rise from the sea, interposing itself between Clanden and Indira.

The harpy huntress remains in place.

"Wavekeeper… you have no business here."

The sea giant looks at both fey and at Severna.

"Tell her that our debt is done. Get your friend out. Now."

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=83093)

Round 14

Tonel
Indira
Alsira
Kai
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-26, 06:54 PM
“Get the Magic user out of here,” Tonel says to the Sisters. Then he casts a simple, but effective, Transmutation and then moves ten feet under the water and heads over towards Clanden.

Wings of the Sea, plus 30 to swim speed

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=83095)

AlanBruce
2014-08-26, 08:16 PM
@Tonel: With the elfin titan standing right amidst the Aerie, Severna and Alsira descend upon a struggling hamis as Alsira grabs him by the collar and stuffs him in a bag of her own.

"Be careful, Tonel! Swim fast!"

And that you do, as you dive ten feet below the surface and translucent watery wings, akin to a manta ray's spring from your back as you speed towards Clanden's drowning body as his legs kick the salt water, attempting to stay afloat.

Indira keens her eyesight and nocks back a few arrows.

"You think being underwater will save you? I am Indira! Alecto's finest huntress! No prey, above or below water is safe from my arrows."

And so, four terrible arrows bite into your back and legs as you swim under the cover of the waves, hoping to gain concealment from this monster, Indira.

The first arrow strikes you in the left calf like a snake, worming itself through the wound and festering it.

18 damage plus 8 unholy

The second one strikes as well, on the right calf as you wince, but swim through the pain.

17 damage plus 3 unholy

The third causes you to cough blood as it punctures your right lung.

14 damage plus 7 unholy

The final arrow swims by you, merely scraping your triceps.

The gigantic elfin creature slams his hand against Indira, pinning her against the Aerie's feeble foundation as the Sirines yell at you under water and pieces of the gruesome platform begin to shake.

"Hurry up, Tonel! He can't keep her like that forever!"

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=83098)

Round 15

Tonel
Indira
Alsira
Kai
Severna

Frendle
2014-08-26, 09:03 PM
With the increase from the haste spell and the spell giving him water wings Tonel is able to grab the Cleric and move nearly to the rocks.

He hopes that the Siren Sisters are getting away, but he must keep moving as fast as he can, diving as deep as he can to get away from the fearsome Indira.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=83100)

AlanBruce
2014-08-26, 09:22 PM
@Tonel: You grab Clanden's wrist and swim underwater at unseen speeds, trusting that this very sopeed will prevent the mad cleric from drowning.

You surface by the rocks as the giant pummels Indira, held in his leathery fist against the backbone that makes the Aerie as cages break off from their steel rods and pieces of bone creat giant splashes.

Then, the giant howls in pain as Indira pricks his hand with her talons and flies upward, away from his reach as she looks at all of you while her domain crumbles into the sea and the few remaining harpies fly in circles around their dying Aerie.

"None of you are getting away!!!!"

Alsira hands Severna a scroll from her bag and Severna huddles around the group.

"I beg to differ, Indira. Good bye…and good riddance."

And just like that, all of you disappear with a low rumble and reappear so far away, that the Aerie is but a distant needle in the horizon as the sisters lie on their backs and exhale as the sun washes over all of you.

"I can't believe we did that!"

"We certainly garnered some unwanted attention, sister."

Clanden looks around as he holds on to you, having no swimming skills.

"What vile sorcery is this? Has Incabulos tricked me again? Are we safe?"

Frendle
2014-08-26, 09:34 PM
Realizing he is now lying prostrate near his enemies, and knowing their evil ways he casts a quick cure on himself.

Cure Critical wounds [roll0]

Used restoration spell slot

After which he looks the amazed Clanden in the eyes. “Yes my old friend, you have been rescued from the clutches of one of the most powerful beings in the Ossian way by one whom you have long pursued with murderous intent.”

Tonel then looks at the two Sisters with great affection and concern, “My dear friends are you in need of any healing now or are we going to head out immediately.”

Frendle
2014-08-26, 09:35 PM
[roll0]

The other three dice

AlanBruce
2014-08-27, 03:42 AM
@Tonel: Calnden clings on to your shoulders, since the cleric never really learned how to swim.

"By the Black Rider! Why would you come and rescue us? We have plotted over the years your demise. We are the Birdkillers! Blessed by Invaculos himself…"

Alsira whistles and within minutes, the hippocampi rise from the water, neighing and splashing water all around as you heal yourself and look at Clanden.

This cleric is no danger to you. Indira and her wild Claws made sure he was stripped from all his belongings, including his holy symbol. If Hamis' panicked ramblings are true, the wizard is also bereft of his spell book.

Not to mention Uldir and his warrior gear, which was absent when you freed him and turned him into a cloud.

If these three are as stupid as they have been in the past and even attempt to strike you down with their bare fists, you could easily put them out of their misery in the middle of the ocean.

Alsira climbs aboard her sea horse and opens her bag of holding.

"You alright in there, old geezer?"

My spell book! My countless arcane lore, lost to the seas of…

Alsira shuts the bag again.

"That's enough air for that windbag. You're Clanden, right? You can ride with me in the horse… but if you get any fresh ideas, the harpies will be the last of your concerns, you understand?"

Clanden paddles like a dog in water towards Alsira's hippcampus and struggles for a few seconds to climb aboard.

Severna gives you a gentle smile and pats her own horse.

"You're riding with me. We have still a few hours until we reach Choralis Island…"

the hours go by and eventually Uldir's gaseous form expires, which prompts you to open the top of your haversack in order to give him some breathing as the steeds gallop through the waves.

The sun sets as you arrive at the marble stairs leading up to Choralia's home and the three Birdkillers shudder when they recognize the place.

"This is where the witch lives!"

"She stole my cat!"

"Had you planned to expose us to further punishment, phalkonite? Is this a cruel mockery of the gods?"

The sisters dismiss their horses as these submerge underwater and look at the three tired, fearless, incompetent Bird Killers.

"You can stay down here if you wish…or you can come up to see my sister and get some rest. I wouldn't call her a witch, though- you might regret it."

The sirines walk ahead up the marble columns as the Birdkillers look at you.

"So…what happens now, Tonel? The authorities? Execution? Spells?"

Frendle
2014-08-27, 11:44 AM
“You are to go free, I swore this to you during the rescue, if you remember.” Tonel looks seriously at the three miscreants.

“I learned from our hosts that you had come here to wantonly kill her friends on this isle and that she had told you about “Treasure” to be had at the Aerie.” Tonel looks at them with some, albeit very small, sense of compassion. "It was…. not fair… of her to suggest such a thing as you were heading into, well, you now know what you were heading into.”

Tonal begins to walk to and fro as he explains his reasoning to the trio, wondering at the same time if they would be able to understand, if their teachings and beliefs would make understanding possible. He hoped this was the case. He hoped that more might come of this mission than saving the lives of these enemies of his.

“Her intent, I believe, was as a lesson against hunting where you ought not. However she may have underestimated the danger to yourselves. Knowing you as I do I knew the Aerie was too much for you to handle. That it would likely mean you would be killed or at least captured. The sisters assured me that the Harpies would capture you and hold you for a time before killing you, assuming you survived the initial capture."

Tonel looks up into the sky silently asking Lord Phaulkon for the wisdom and grace to continue explaining your thoughts to these who had so often plotted your death. “Even though our previous history has been one of deadly strife, I was compelled by my conscious to attempt to retrieve you, if possible, from this evil outcome. I know how foolish this may seem to you, this is not really a concern to me, but at the least you must concede that you owe a debt of gratitude to us for saving your lives.”

“Perhaps you are able to see a further wisdom in what we did for you. I hope you can, but that is up to you. I have fulfilled my mission, and that is all that my Lord Phaulkon has required of me."

Tonel moves to follow the sisters up the stairs. Then he stops and says over his shoulder,

“Though I do advise you to come up to the house with me and apologize to the mistress of this Island, and to beg her for help in extricating yourselves from this island at the very least. If not sincerely asking for her forgiveness. Either way I take my leave of you at this moment. You are free to do as you see fit. If you wish to simply leave, here are sufficient funds to buy passage on a ship, assuming you can find one to come her to pick you up.”

Tonel reaches into his haversack and calls for his money pouch and leaves 200 gold in three neat stacks on the steps, and then he continues up the stairs to join his friends and see to their wounds.

AlanBruce
2014-08-27, 02:20 PM
@Tonel: Hamis, Clanden, and Uldir isten to your words and you can see confusion and shame in their eyes as a few look at the steps, avoiding your gaze.

They had prided themselves in being top notch villains. the Birdkillers. They had sworn to make your life a living hell, even to drag you down there themselves after your initial attack on them years ago…

Yet now, the very man they sought to kill had saved them from that terrible harpy and her minions.

Who knows what would've happened had they stayed in the Aerie another day. Perhaps Tonel would've arrived to see three empty cages.

You place the pouch of money on the white steps and head up to rejoin the sisters as the first twinkling stars shine in the sky.

Choralia lays on her divan as a pair of goats bleat by her side and large bronze braziers alight the palace interior while Hamis' fat grey cat lays on the divan with her and the sisters rest their bodies on a pair of wool covered chairs as they tell her what happened, Severna handing the conch shell back to her elder sister.

"…I see. So you called him. Well, this shell is now worthless."

Choralia places the shell on the ground as the goat sniffs it and starts chewing on it, attempting toi crack it with his teeth.

Severna removes her bow and quiver as she picks a handful of grapes from a plate balanced on a lion's head.

"We had to, sister. Indira proved to be too strong. Let us hope Kai survived.."

Choralia chuckles.

"He's seen worse, Severna. He has been around for a very long time… oh!"

Choralia looks at you coming in and claps.

"The harpy slayer cometh! My dear sisters tell me you did an amazing job out there in he Aerie, taking on several Wild Claws at once. I knew I had chosen well when I sent Alsira and Severna to find you at Procan's Garden. How do you feel?"

Frendle
2014-08-27, 05:01 PM
Tonel smiles broadly at Choralia , “I am feeling well, considering the beating we just took ,” he laughs and winks at the Siren Sister. “And I think you my dear friends Severna, Alsira. I will always be grateful for your friendship and courage.” He walks over to the sisters and gives each a warm hug and kisses their cheeks.

The Sky Priests expression grows more serious, “I also feel that I did the bidding of the Lord Phaulkon, I don’t know what may come of this in terms of the Birdkillers, perhaps it may guide them away from their previous ways. We'll see.”

“I believe I will spend time in meditation until we hear from the others. Once we have healed our hurts and perhaps had a good meal in celebration of still being alive.” and with that Tonel tends each of the sisters needs and heals them. Then he heals himself as best he can with what power remains to him that day.

AlanBruce
2014-08-27, 06:39 PM
@Tonel: Choralia beckons you to sit as a lamb walks up to you with a plate of fruit on its head and a cup of honey tasting wine.

"Indira is one of Alecto's so called 'angels'. She fancies herself a god in the Ossian Way and as such, she has chosen several harpies among her clutch to rise above the norm, each a master of battle in the sky, land, and sea. I did not expect you to defeat Indira, but her Wild Claws I was certain, would pose no problem to you and my sisters."

You kiss Severna and Alsira in signs of gratitude as Choralia smiles and the fresh night breeze wafts through the open spaces in her temple.

Ahem!

That's when all four of you turn towards the main entrance and there they are, cold and barefoot and dirty and very much ashamed.

The Birdkillers, tired from their trek up the marble stairs and with Uldir holding the pouch of gold in his hand.

Hamis takes a step forward and clears his throat again.

"We..uhhh, well… we. We thought about what was said and…wait! Is that my familiar?"

The fat grey cat turns his fat head away from hamis and purrs at Choralia's feet.

The sirine elder smiles and takes a sip from her wine.

"I see no familiar of yours here, wizard. As you are currently, you don't even look like a wizard at all."

Hamis looks at his dirty rags and feet. He used to carry with pride his items of power, not to mention his spell book, which contained arcane mysteries only the keenest minds would be able to unravel.

Clanden steps forward and gets down on hands and knees as he puts his head down.

"Forgive me, goddess of the sea. I am in no way related to these miscreants. I wished you no harm and was simply coerced to hunt your divine domain…"

Choralia gets up and walks to wards the three with a serious expression.

"Flattery will get you nowhere. I am no goddess, but this is my domain. And since you seek so repentant, you are welcome to stay here…"

Clanden looks up with a hopeful smile.

"…and work. My trees and gardens need trimming. My animals need feeding. And their wastes need cleaning. Stay in Choralis Island and do these chores for me and you shall be pardoned. Now, leave my presence- you are stinking up the place. My parrots will lead you to your quarters."

Clanden gets up and is about to say something, but shuts up as a flock of birds caw at the trio and these leave the palace to their new homes.

Choralia sits back in her divan and pours herself some more wine.

"Hard toil work under the Ossian Sun will change their manners. And if they even think about double crossing me, well… they'll wish you never recsued them, Tonel."

And so, the days went by, with a bright sun above and a cool breeze ever blowing through the island.

Choralia did, well, whatever a fey of her age and power could do- play her eternal chessgame with the many animals in her garden.

Hamis had been appointed to apiary duty. From old tomes of power and mighty staves to wearing a head net and gloves to extract the honey from Choralia's bee farm.

Clanden the pious cleric of Incabulos was appointed waste duty, cleaning the animal's droppings all along Choralis Isle.

It would seem his cursings in infernal would indicate how pleased he was with the job.

Uldir, the mighty dwarven warrior, who cut who knows how many innocent animals with his greataxe was now becoming more and more proficient with garden scissors, as he would carefully trim the rose bushes around the palace.

The sisters left, as was their way. Gods know where, the sirines did like to swim along the currents, seeking new mischief and adventure.

As for you, the following days were kept in quiet contemplation in your room, unarmored and with bow placed in front, as the large open window allowed the sun to bask in your face.

There was much to be done, that was certain. Hopefully the others did read the note you left and once out of that accursed garden, they wouyld take a detour to this island.

For their sake, you better hope they do.

AlanBruce
2014-09-03, 11:41 PM
Day 155, late evening

@Tonel: The days have gone quite placidly in Choralis Isle, as you watch the former Bird Killers work on the island's many chores appointed by Choralia herself.

During most of the day, you spend your days in quiet contemplation, as you look out at the great Ossian way, wondering how the others are faring.

They should have left Procan;'s Garden by now. They simply had to. And if they were wise, they must've read your note.

That night, as you prepare to settle in for bed, Uldir knocks on your door, with a candle in his hand.

"The mistress wishes to see you…sir."

You pick up you bow and mace, with your armor on and head for the main room, where Choralia looks at her silver platter filled with water as Uldir does a reverence and bows out, back to his shack.

The elder Sirine beckons for you to come closer.

"Tonel, do you know these people?"

You look at the large platter and indeed, you see Archaidous, Alex, Captain Mausiel, little Lysa, and a halfling female, all under water.

The halfling is seemingly dead and they are underwater as large tentacled creatures brutalize them as a few barely manage to hold their stomachs and wretch as the view moves farther along the ship and you see a hideous hag with a red sea snake coiled around her staff as she laughs at their misfortune.

Choralia shakes her head and bangs her fist on the wooden table.

"That's Elenwen's older daughter- Bavmorda. Tonel, my mirror rarely lies. If what my sisters say is true, those traveled with you before coming here, right? Bavmorda will kill them, Tonel. Only you can save them now. The sea hag is ruthless and cruel. She has them tired and probably spent…"

Choralia messes with her ornate headdress and removes a small white pearl.

"Give this to the mage. He will know what to do."

Then, Choralia gives you a small bottle with a rancid ease.

"Drink it. And make sure you give these to them as well."

Choralia hands you five identical bottles.

"I cannot fight Bavmorda, but I can send you there. From there, you are on your own, Tonel. My place is here and abadoning it even for a few seconds could be detrimental. Let me know if you want to go."

Frendle
2014-09-04, 12:22 AM
Tonel stares in horror at the scene laid out before him in the bowl. “I do not doubt the vision you are reveling for me here,” He gestures at the water. “These are my friends.” His face turns stern and he takes the pearl and the potions, carefully stowing them in his haversack for quick retrieval. “Yes, please send me to them. Is it possible to get me near the Halfling when I appear? "

Then he looks at the Hag and asks, “Is there anything you can tell me about her before I go? A weakness perhaps?” the sky priest looks hopefully at Choralia .

With that question Tonel drinks the potion and says, “I am ready to go,” and he bows toward the Siren, “Till we see each other again may Phaulkon guard the skies over your head and bless your protection of his children.”

AlanBruce
2014-09-04, 12:30 AM
@Tonel: Choralia watches you drink the potion and store the rest, along with the pearl.

"I can bring you right next to the halfling, Tonel. That should be very easy to do. Regarding Bavmorda- she is the most powerful of Elenwen's daughters. A master of the arcane. She alone has the power to manipulate the storms in Procan's Garden, as well as having faithful servants from the watery depths of the Styx to aid her. She will prove to be a terrible opponent. And if she's in the fight against them, she most likely has the arcane portections to make sure she isn't put in danger. Whatever you do, Tonel- stay away from her gaze, which can kill. Her spells are no different from any other wizard, but her gaze alone is somethimng few spells can prevent. Fight her with caution. and whatever you do, do not engage her underwater, where her spells will be a lot deadlier."

And so, Choralia places her hand on your shoulder and looks at the bowl as her palace, dimly lit, begins to rumble as the cool breeze changes to an underwater scene.

It';s the Dauphin- and it has been turned belly up. The guys are here, but they are in no condition to fight this hag and her devils.