PDA

View Full Version : Comics Ares vs Ghost Rider

ArlEammon
2014-08-13, 01:11 AM
Ares, the DC god of War and Death. . . he's no pushover, even by Cosmic terms, possibly an incredibly terrifying threat if he existed in the Marvel Universe. He's superhuman in his combat skill, his ability to destroy and kill. . . and of course, he can teleport.

Ghostrider, doesn't seem to possess the raw level of power and skill that Ares possesses, but he does have the Penance Stare, which causes it's victim to experience all the pain and suffering, and all evil they have in their soul. It's a nasty way to die for nasty people.

Ares, however, is a God, but I can assume that there's some level of balance in the playing field between both fighters if they do battle against each other. My question is, could Ares, and Ghostrider have some kind of respectable battle against each other?

My other question is, who would win in a battle between both combatants?

Fan
2014-08-13, 01:30 AM
First Question, to a degree. It wouldn't be a total curbstomp.

However, if you allow it to be Ghost Rider unrestrained by Johnny Blaze you end up looking at a fight that's hillariously tilted because of the difference n Marvel and DC cosmics.

Devonix
2014-08-13, 01:46 AM
First Question, to a degree. It wouldn't be a total curbstomp.

However, if you allow it to be Ghost Rider unrestrained by Johnny Blaze you end up looking at a fight that's hillariously tilted because of the difference n Marvel and DC cosmics.

I'd prefer setting up Ares against Noble Kale He's the first and most powerful Spirit of Vengence I believe and sucessfully defeated Blackheart to take control of Hell.

HandofShadows
2014-08-13, 01:46 AM
It also depends on which Ghost Rider you are using. There are a number of different versions and they have different power levels. The current Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is supposed to be one of God's most powerful agents. In other words, it could be a curbstomp with Ares being on the reciving end.

Ravens_cry
2014-08-13, 01:48 AM
Well, given what Ghost Rider did to Galactus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJODL_p4ToA), this could potentially be a curb-stomp battle. While Ares crimes are not, to my knowledge, to the same extent of Big G, giving him the ol' Care Bear Stare should do a number.

Fan
2014-08-13, 02:32 AM
Well, given what Ghost Rider did to Galactus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJODL_p4ToA), this could potentially be a curb-stomp battle. While Ares crimes are not, to my knowledge, to the same extent of Big G, giving him the ol' Care Bear Stare should do a number.

Ares in particular has slain billions in the DC universe, guy took his time ensuring that numerous species of demons and monsters who were merely defending their homes suffered, as well as numerous crusades on Earth in a few wonder woman arcs that slew millions.

If it came down to a penance stare, Ares dies from the agony he feels.

Shinken
2014-08-13, 11:35 AM
Johnny Blaze or Noble Kale would defeat Ares quite easily.

Danny Ketch or Robbie Reyes would be defeated by Ares quite easily.