PDA

View Full Version : Wish!

Lorde
2007-03-05, 08:44 PM
I suppose many of you know the "wish" spell.

For these who doesn't know, a insert from a wiki...

Wish — Bending reality, the caster can change the events of the past few minutes, create an object from nothing, emulate another spell or create practically any effect they can imagine. However, this spell drains the caster of experience points (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experience_points), making it extremely costly to use. Dungeon Masters are often encouraged to interpret a player's wish as literally as possible, particularly for selfish or greedy wishes. For example, if someone wished for a fortune in gold, the DM could grant the wish by appropriating a local king's treasury, making the wisher a target for retaliation. Or, if somebody wished to live forever, they could end up being trapped in an extradimensional space.

What you guys think the characters would ask with a wish? One for each to avoid infighting.

MReav
2007-03-05, 08:51 PM
Durkon: I wish to go home.

V: I wish for Power.

Belkar: I wish Miko's stupid horse were dead.

Haley: I wish Daddy were set free.

Elan: I wish for a lollipop!

Roy: I wish I had found a different crew.

Demented
2007-03-05, 08:54 PM
One can pretty much tell their wishes by looking at what they ask about from the Oracle.

Though, since Haley's got her voice back, her next concern would probably be about money or her father. Likewise, Durkon already knows he'll be arriving to his home posthumously and he doesn't need a Wish spell to die. Belkar, on the other hand, wouldn't need a wish to kill someone, he'd rather do it by hand.

Awesome Girl
Actually, I think Haley would wish for two more wishes and then wish for a lot of gold and for her dad to be free.

Thomar_of_Uointer
Roy would probably stew over it and end up with a result similar to what he got from the Oracle. I think he'd wish for everyone else to be competent. Actually, if he thought long enough, he would wish for Belkar, and Elan too if he could fit it in, to not have their wishes granted.
We all know what Haley would wish for. "I REALLY WISH I HAD BAJILLION GOLD PIECES!" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html)
Durkon would be interesting. At this point he knows he's going back to his dwarven homeland. I think he'd wish for a chance to see his family again.
Elan would waste it on something frivolous. Probably ice cream.
Belkar would waste it on something extravagant, maybe a TPK, or a permanent enlarge person.
V would wish for directions to find the nearest unclaimed fully functioning staff of the magi.

Dolash
2007-03-05, 09:02 PM
Well, let's imagine the six of them are in a dungeon and come across a lamp. Haley rubs the lamp (for resale), and out pops a genie! It declares "You have freed the Genie of the lamp! Now you may each have one wish!"

Durkon thinks about it, and says "I wish I were back in me' Dwarven homeland!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Durkon's gone.

Haley thinks about it, and says "I wish I was with my father!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Haley's gone.

Roy thinks about it, and says "I wish I was behind Xykon, hidden in the shadows!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Roy's gone.

Vaarsuvius thinks about it, and says "I wish I was at the greatest source of arcane power in the world!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! V's gone.

Belkar thinks about it, and says "I wish I was in Miko's cell - armed - while she sleeps!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Belkar's gone.

Elan looks around, starts to feel lonely, frowns, and says "I wish I had my friends back!"

mockingbyrd7
2007-03-05, 09:39 PM
Well, let's imagine the six of them are in a dungeon and come across a lamp. Haley rubs the lamp (for resale), and out pops a genie! It declares "You have freed the Genie of the lamp! Now you may each have one wish!"

Durkon thinks about it, and says "I wish I were back in me' Dwarven homeland!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Durkon's gone.

Haley thinks about it, and says "I wish I was with my father!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Haley's gone.

Roy thinks about it, and says "I wish I was behind Xykon, hidden in the shadows!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Roy's gone.

Vaarsuvius thinks about it, and says "I wish I was at the greatest source of arcane power in the world!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! V's gone.

Belkar thinks about it, and says "I wish I was in Miko's cell - armed - while she sleeps!" The genie waves his hand and Pop! Belkar's gone.

Elan looks around, starts to feel lonely, frowns, and says "I wish I had my friends back!"

ROFL! Classic rehash of an awesome joke.

But guess what? I know how to negate all of their wishes without Elan!

DURKON: If you've read On the Origin of PCs (If you haven't read it, stop here), you know that when Durkon returns home, he will wreak great destruction. Well, he's home, and something happens within twenty seconds and gets him killed. (Like, he has a moment of no wisdom, sees a massive time bomb about to explode, and hits it with Thor's Lightning. Or he sees a huge tree, and hits it with Thor's Lightning, and it falls on him and on the palace, slaughtering the dwarven king and high priest.)

HALEY: Appears next to her father in jail. Nothing has been accomplished.

ROY: Appears under the umbrella with MitD. Is slaughtered instantly by Xykon + Redcloak + MitD + hordes of Xykon.

VAARSUVIUS: Appears at some incredible cosmic rift that sucks him/her in and rips him/her to shreds.

BELKAR: Realizes it would be no fun to just kill her, so he wakes her up. She disarms him and starts using her monk skills to beat the living crap out of him. He also realizes that he was at 1/4 hit points when he wished. He is slammed into the bars where a guard attacks him for attempting to kill a prisoner, and Miko finishes him.

ELAN: Wishes them all back, and before him are four mutilated corpses and his beloved Haley. Elan screams in horror, as he thinks that he's responsible. Haley screams in anger, as she didn't even get a chance to hug her father or spring him free. And even more so, she didn't think to wish for a bajillion gold pieces WITH WHICH SHE WOULD SET DADDY FREE. Then Elan apologizes to her for bringing her back, and Haley apologizes for screaming at him. Then they start making out and then they bury their comrades.

THE END. :smallfrown:

Tilian
2007-03-05, 09:42 PM
Then they start making out and then they bury their comrades.

I know my heart is all aflutter!

ABChristine
2007-03-05, 09:44 PM
Elan would waste it on something frivolous. Probably ice cream.

Don't jump to conclusions about elan wasting his wish... i mean, he did wait to use his gift card until it was useful.

Talyn
2007-03-05, 09:47 PM
... mockingbyrd7, I think you just made baby Lantern Archons cry.

Kython
2007-03-05, 09:54 PM
fun times with wish...
it's almost policy that when my friends and I game, we always screw up the wish, unless the wisher gets specific almost to the point of a three page essay: "My Wish" or the wish furthers the plotline somehow.

example wish: "I wish we don't see any more kythons in this quest."
DM response: make it so they are haunted by the sound of a kython, and when it is pitch black and they can't see, it attacks.

another example: "I wish Xykon was dead"
DM response: Nothing happens... get it?

ABChristine
2007-03-05, 09:56 PM
Anyway... we all know what the gang would do if granted a wish. but what about xykon and his gang?

:xykon: - I wish for bigger, better, and more spectacular ways to sacrifice minions

:mitd: - I wish to come out into the light, or at least to have a lighter umbrella

:redcloak: - I wish I weren't surrounded by idiots.

:roach: - i wish i were still the king of the roaches.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-05, 10:10 PM
Miko might wish she were still a paladin.

Belkar might wish he'd never met roy.

Sabine might wish nale loved her as much as she loved him.

Thog wish for puppies!

Hinjo might wish shojo were still alive to advise him from prison.

Nale might wish he had the brains to come up with an ORIGINAL scheme instead of rehashing old plots ad infinitum.

ABChristine
2007-03-05, 10:15 PM
Thog wishes for puppies and rocket skates!

Luvlein
2007-03-05, 10:17 PM
Sabine might wish nale loved her as much as she loved him.
As in, not at all? She is just doing her job, and enjoing it.

starwoof
2007-03-05, 10:21 PM
I think Belkar would wish for Miko to have her paladin powers back, so that he could kill her horse and then make her fall again. :smallbiggrin:

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-05, 10:21 PM
As in, not at all? She is just doing her job, and enjoing it.

Actually, I think she does love him. The way she got all tore up over his dancing with Halley and the drunked talk she had with V makes it look like love to me.

Demented
2007-03-05, 10:22 PM

*Durkon appears, all scratched up, weapons missing, with a shocked look on his face, mouth agape.*

*Haley appears, bow drawn, with a shocked look on her face.*

*Roy appears, all scratched up, sword drawn, with a scared look on his face.*

*Vaarsuvius appears, all burnt up, with a shocked look on V's face.*

*Belkar appears, buck naked.*

:elan: "Yay! My friends are back!"

:durkon: (Still shocked)

:haley: "...but...but..."

:roy: "That was... close..."

:vaarsuvius: "Considering my near death experience suffered not the moment before and the fact that most of us seem to have fared none better, I demand to know why the halfling is undressed and Elan is the only one smiling!"

:belkar: "Aw, this is rediculous! Things were just about to get good!"

:vaarsuvius: "Correction! I can rest peacefully in eternal ignorance of the matter!"

Haruki-kun
2007-03-05, 11:48 PM
Durkon: I wish to go home.

The GM would probably kill him to grant the wish, because of the prophecy.

BTW, judging by everything you guys have posted...... I really think it's better they NEVER get that wish. Some things the world is just not ready for.

GSFB
2007-03-07, 12:24 AM
:thog: wish to again know majesty of gumdrop mountains!

Darkxarth
2007-03-07, 12:57 AM
:roy: "I wish that Xykon was destroyed, my father avenged, and Xykon's plans stopped."

:elan: "I wish that all of us could have a happy ending like me!"

:haley: "I wish for two more Wishes!"

:durkon: "I wish that Thor's will be done through me."

:vaarsuvius: "I wish that I could cast Wish myself."

:belkar: "I wish that I was humongous so I could step on that freakin' horse!"

:nale: "I wish my twin brother Elan and his teammates were here, and that they were about to fall into one of my cunning and devious traps."

:sabine: "I wish that that Rogue bimbo were here right now so I could finish her off."

:thog: "thog wish for ice cream and puppies and that nale would play candyland with thog!"

:miko: "I wish for a chance to prove my righteousness and crush the Order of the Stick and Xykon once and for all!"

:xykon: "Meh, I wish I could find my keys. Oh, here they are, in my pocket."

:redcloak: "I wish that I had some competent help."

:mitd: "I wish I could come out of the dark and finally get my chance to shine!"

:roach: "I wish I was in more scenes."

There, everybody from the OotS smiley list. There are a couple I had trouble with, but I enjoy all of my answers.

Green Bean
2007-03-07, 05:54 PM
:elan: I wish Banjo was a real boy!

Dread
2007-03-07, 06:15 PM
:xykon: "Meh, I wish I could find my keys. Oh, here they are, in my pocket."

I loved that one and you are propably right. :-D

:belkar: "I wish for a bajillion kobolds!"

Meh, propably not. My imagination is done for today. G'night!

David94
2007-03-08, 12:16 PM
You forgot to do these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34131).

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-08, 12:44 PM
:mitd: To be equipped with a torch while Xykon et al aren't looking
:nale: The painful death of all Elan's friends
:redcloak: The resurrection of his mother/revenge on paladins
:durkon: A never ending beer bottle
:elan: Banjo to have more followers
:haley: Gold
:miko: To be unfallen/revenge on OotS
:roy: The destruction of Xykon
:belkar: A WW?
:xykon: Infinite power