PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Zed the Master of Shadows. [3.P]

Dusk Eclipse
2014-08-13, 02:28 PM
I recently bought Zed in League of Legends and after playing a couple games with him I started to wonder how to make him justice in a D&D game (Pathfinder and Dreamscarred press is fine too).

http://i.imgur.com/r92T1l.jpg

In case you don't know the guy, here is a link to his wiki page (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zed), but in short he is a ninja assassin with mastery over shadows, he can use them to mimic him and fight, to serve as decoys (trading place with them to escape, scout, etc). He is definitely a "burts" type assassin who jumps into your face via shadows, murder you and the jump back into them to go his merry way (if all goes as planned of course).

So any ideas on how I could do it? Since this is just for my own amusement, let's say 32 point buy (3.5), all books are open (alongside PF and the stuff from DSP).

My first ideas was a multiclass initiator/psionic class, but I'm not really sure how. The Psionic powers could cover his more supernatural abilities while the maneuvers would help him during battles.

Zanos
2014-08-13, 02:54 PM
Shadowhand Swordsage into Teflammar Shadowlord or Shadow Marauder to get Shadowpounce?
so many shadows 2scary4me

pilvento
2014-08-13, 04:12 PM
I made a character based on zed last year, he was the leader of a ninja organization and I fosued more in the fluff than in any other thing.

Since we dont use either Psionics or Initiator clases in my group im sure what im about to say is really far from your idea but you may like it....

Since Zed is the master of the ANCIENT FORBIDEN ART, I gave only him and his clan the knowledge about shadowmagic therefore everyone got their minds blown when they saw what the character was capable off, none of the players read tome of magic before.

The character was a human since I needed loots of feats for him to be good at weaponthrowing and twf. A Swordsage dip, the necesary to get the 20% miss chance stance and qualify for gloom razor and shadow blade (I got this using martial feats to avoid an initiator class and have full bab, but you can go the easy route of course). Then 4 fighter lvls and Drow acf for extra Dex dmg, feats and full bab.

Then straight into Shadowblade PRC from tome of magic (if im not mistaken).

Feats I belive I used:

Twf tree
Shadow blade
Gloom razor
Dark stalker.
Trikery devotion for a 1/day shadow clone.

The build is solid with good bab, dmg and ways to confuse oponents, abuse misschance, stealth and easy ways to triger SA dmg.

The Charater i made was only 15lvs and what I liked the most is that the build is also solid no matter at wich point of it you start to play. And as any other mundane character, it depends of the lvl of optimization you are looking to play.

WeaselGuy
2014-08-14, 05:37 AM
Shadowdancer/Telflammar Shadowlord seems like probably the most straightforward way to get him.

Did some reading, rogue 7/shadowdancer 3/telflemmar shadowlord 6/assassin 4 might fit

Nightraiderx
2014-08-14, 07:54 AM
Shadowdancer/Telflammar Shadowlord seems like probably the most straightforward way to get him.

Did some reading, rogue 7/shadowdancer 3/telflemmar shadowlord 6/assassin 4 might fit

That's pretty ingenious you should note that you are using pathfinder's shadowdancer and possibly pathfinder rogue?

Forrestfire
2014-08-14, 07:56 AM
Swordsage/Telflammar Shadowlord with Trickery Devotion is how I'd do it.

Snowbluff
2014-08-14, 08:44 AM
Swordsage/Telflammar Shadowlord with Trickery Devotion is how I'd do it.

THANK YOU! I can't believe how often I run into a thread like this, search it, and it wasn't in the OP or first response. :smalltongue:

I suggested it for Shaco, too.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-14, 09:03 AM
trickery devotion is awesome, I want to make an epic duskblade/swiftblade using it so you can get two full attacks.

I believe there is another pathfinder feat that lets you deal damage with illusions but I don't remember it...

pilvento
2014-08-14, 12:23 PM
THANK YOU! I can't believe how often I run into a thread like this, search it, and it wasn't in the OP or first response. :smalltongue:

Second response, right there :smallcool:

Snowbluff
2014-08-14, 12:33 PM
Second response, right there :smallcool:

I think we all learned that you don't know how to spell "Trickery." No wonder why I couldn't Find it. :smalltongue:

WeaselGuy
2014-08-14, 02:46 PM
That's pretty ingenious you should note that you are using pathfinder's shadowdancer and possibly pathfinder rogue?

Actually, all 3.5, I haven't messed with pathfinder any

pilvento
2014-08-14, 03:18 PM
I think we all learned that you don't know how to spell "Trickery." No wonder why I couldn't Find it. :smalltongue:

The world is changing, if you cant adapt to a small mistake like that you are going to miss a lot of things. I have spanish settings so I dont have the english grammar correctior on. Sorry.