PDA

View Full Version : How much damage should this trap do?

CyberThread
2014-08-13, 05:48 PM
So am a rogue testing for a higher rank in the assasigns guild and tested my better to one of random luck and courge. You have to drink the snake posion randomly, which my foe drank but had antidote against it, which part of the after effects is that he grows hungry. He goes back to the saftey of his office and ate a cake which I also poisoned but the DM says he had a magical universal antivenom (the one you normally can buy as a character) to save his ass from that. So now, I had also put ground glass into the cake so he ate it.... how much damage should the man get for eating ground glass within his food once he wakes up .

Should he be dead or severaly injuiried ?

Palegreenpants
2014-08-13, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but this situation is rather rediuclous. Now, I suppose the assassin was rather omniscient, as he knew to drink antitoxin before eating his cake. This seems like a case of poor DMing, in my oppinion. Anyway, putting my judgment about the poorly-played assassin aside, I will continue to the ground glass.

As a DM, I would never have let the assassin eat cake with glass in it. A person would know about the glass after his first bite. At worst, the man is now suffering from badly lacerated gums. This situation seems like a faux pas by your DM; a pair of poor decisions, both of which where probably made to keep this assassin NPC alive.

CyberThread
2014-08-13, 08:14 PM
True in this case it is actually a sceniro being recreated from a book from one of ra Salvatore earlier works. So plot armor is a thing here it seems.

Slipperychicken
2014-08-14, 06:24 AM
random luck

This is pretty much code for DM fiat. If the DM wants that NPC to live, he'll live.