PDA

View Full Version : Blustery Hearts IC

Lentrax
2014-08-13, 08:32 PM
It is a windy, late summer day, even for Chicago. The summer heat has finally seemed to break and the days are starting to cool down. The trees haven't quite begun to turn yet, but you can just tell that it will be happening soon.

There are a lot of people crammed into the Student Union building, and they all have one thing in common. They are all new freshmen, coming in for the new student orientation. You find yourselves scattered throughout the Union, looking at various campus organizations that have turned out to recruit whoever they can for their groups. As you wind your way through, you also make your way through the administration room, where you pick up finalized schedules and room assignments.

You then head into the central common area, grab a quick bite to eat and settle in to review your welcoming packets. You are all in the middle of a conversation with each other, discussing where your rooms are, when there is a set of two loud bangs from outside. They are loud, almost like gunshots. Looking outside, you see it is just the misfiring of an old beat up Volkswagen van. The dirty, grungy window reveals little about the occupant or their identity. The engine wheezes and grinds to a halt as the van is switched off. The door opens, and you see the bottoms of combat boots peeking out from under the door. They turn as the driver turns, presumably to grab something from inside the van. As they straighten out you see a beanie.

This is followed by wavy red hair framing a pretty face. Wearing a pink hoodie, she slings a bulging satchel over her shoulder and makes her way inside. She finds her way into the administration room, picks up her packet, and flops down into a chair at a nearby table to read it.

Esprit15
2014-08-13, 09:16 PM
Combat boots? Is she military background? Only non-weird explanation. She elbows her sister gently. "Hey Becca, what do you think? Military or simply a little bit butch? Your radar is better than mine." Sakuya smiles and looks through the brochure. Smiling student, smiling student with campus in the background, smiling black student, smiling Asian girl - background is technological to show girls really can be engineers! Yep, all the makings of a typical pamphlet. Now where was the dining building and where would be her primary class buildings... Yay, opposite sides of the campus... At least the gym was close to the dorms.

The girl holds a backpack of general supplies, though she doubted anything here would require notes. Really it was just comfortable to carry something heavy. Her supplies could sit in the car for an hour or two more. After all, who would mess with her stuff?

Illven
2014-08-13, 09:48 PM
Rebecca chuckles at Sakuya's interest in the pretty girl.

What, wondering already if you need to give her the "If you hurt my sister" speech? She laughed to herself, neglecting to state that the girl did catch her eye.

Maybe she's both? She suggested with a shrug, then she starts to stand up, Let's go find out.

Whether Sakuya followed or not. Rebecca walked over to the empty table.

This seat, empty? Rebecca asked with a warm smile.

Esprit15
2014-08-13, 10:09 PM
She chuckles. "Maybe. I like to prepare material ahead of time, after all." Sakuya smiles. "Might be nice though. Lot of new faces, might as well learn some of them." She follows along, sitting on the opposite side of the girl as her sister while Rebecca got her attention.

Angelalex242
2014-08-13, 11:46 PM
Just then, the football team came jogging by. At the head of the pack, of course, was 08 Smith, the Quarterback of the team. With him were most of the wide receivers, tight ends, running backs, and even the offensive line.

"What are we?"

"Champions!" said the rest of the team.

"When do we win?"

"Every game!"

Very much a team bonding exercise.

Lentrax
2014-08-14, 03:56 AM
The girl starts, then looks up at Rebecca as she asks about the empty seat. Her green eyes catch the light and seem to shine for just a moment. From the way her pupils have dilated, it is pretty clear you have caught her off guard.

Wha-? No. No it isn't. Her eyes seem almost too large for her face, yet you don't think they could have appeared any other way. She moved her bag to the side, clearing that side of the table off. Wanna sit down?

Illven
2014-08-14, 11:04 AM
Rebecca just stares for a second on the girl's gorgeous eyes. Then she smiles brightly again.

Thank you. My name's Rebecca, what's yours. She says extending out her arm for a handshake as she sits down.

Lentrax
2014-08-14, 01:56 PM
Jessica, she says, taking the offered hand. So. You're uhh, new here too?

Illven
2014-08-14, 02:00 PM
Rebecca nods.

Yeah, I'm taking liberal arts right now, until I decide what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Lentrax
2014-08-14, 02:29 PM
I'm CompSci. Programming, code. Stuff like that. What about your... sister? Jessica winces slightly, as she makes her guess.

Outside, the football team finishes their run. Sweaty, grimy, and exhausted but laughing, they head into the locker room.

"Hey any of you see that freshie with the van?" That would be Jonah. Worst receiver in the world. Couldn't ever keep track of the play on the field but he would always be able to spot the hottest chicks from a hundred yards away. "Man, that pink hoodie, and that red hair. I'd love to get a piece of that!"

The rest of the team laughs as you hit the showers.

Illven
2014-08-14, 02:35 PM
Rebecca nods in confirmation. Yeah, twin. She's taking Philosophy, though she's oddly quiet today. Rebecca states.

Probably just nerves. Rebecca shrugs in afterthought. So, who brought you into coding? She asks, propping an arm on the table.

Esprit15
2014-08-14, 02:39 PM
"I can speak for myself, Becca," says the identical girl from the other side. "Sakuya Himura. Majoring in Philosophy, minoring in economics. Though I did consider engineering when I was younger."

Lentrax
2014-08-14, 03:20 PM
Almost reflexively, Jessica's hand goes to her bag about her being in coding.

I guess, my parents? The phrasing and the way her voice upshifts at the end, makes it sound more like a question than a conclusive statement of fact.

Abruptly, Jessica stands up. She slings her bag on her shoulder, and starts walking off, making the excuse of wanting to find her room.

Is it coincidence, or fate? Maybe you end up as her roommate? Or just in the same dorm. Who can tell? The one with the most luck may there dwell.

Good luck on this. Obviously, you don't have to roll luck, though it would seem appropriate for your living situations...

Esprit15
2014-08-14, 04:01 PM
There was something curious about the girl that made Sakuya want to follow her. Why would the simple question of why someone wanted to go into programming cause such a nervous reaction? She follows Jessica from a distance as the girl searches for her room. If she knew the number, she could find the corresponding key. Nobody should be too heartbroken about having a rooming mixup.

Okay, room 269. Now to go get the key.

Since I was slow, someone will have it already, but it should be easy to talk them out of it, she thinks to herself as she pops her neck and some joints. After all, I have to assert dominance somehow in a new school.

Conflict: [roll0] (Strong Conflict, Terrifying Presence, Butt In)

Contingency Plan! ("Okay, let me clarify - you will give me what I want...")
Conflict: [roll1]

Apply Foresight - I predict the result will be odd. If it is, the die is counted as a 6. (If I may only pick one die, I pick the second one)

Angelalex242
2014-08-14, 04:28 PM
[roll0] (Conflict, Terrifying Presence)

(Add+1 should I actually be competing against the girls, for a total of 7)

Few people wanted to mess with the Captain and QB of the football team. Naturally, it defies all common sense for a dude to be in the same dorm as a girl, but he might be in the guy's room next door, as it's thankfully a CoEd dorm.

Jonah had pointed her out to him, and...she did look pretty hot. Coach would probably never put him in a game unless someone got hurt...and by hurt, REALLY hurt...but he did have a good female detector radar. If he could spot a football being thrown at him half as well as he spotted women, he might amount to something someday. He used his influence as football captain to try to secure a room next to the new girl. Fresh meat, they called freshman. Well, somebody had to dine on it...

Illven
2014-08-14, 04:34 PM
Rebecca followed Sakuya, curious as to what she said to make the two girls bolt off.

Course life was never simple for Rebecca, and the surge of students from the food court made actually following them impossible with all the trips, falls, and spills from drinks they were carrying.

Eventually, she stumbled, soaking wet, into her dorm hall.

Luck Applying Accident prone, and Splash magnet if possible.

[roll0]

Lentrax
2014-08-15, 01:19 PM
Sakuya comes in first place. Her prize? Moving into a still empty room right across the hall from Jessica. Score!

Mike, the football star manages to snag a room a couple doors down, the girls begging to let even one of them stay to uhh, brighten up the place.

And Rebecca? Sadly, in what will be referred to as the "Blended Freshman Smoothie Incident" Rebecca was just heading into the dorm hall when she ran into another girl bringing in drinks for her friends as they planned out their course schedules together. Having to spend a little time cleaning and apologizing, means she has to settle for a room at the far end of the hall, with the girl she ran into, who at least seems friendly enough.

But! The fun isn't over yet, folks! You have rooms, but you still have to move in! And so does Jessica. But her van is pretty far away....

Illven
2014-08-15, 01:33 PM
Rebecca smiles and extends her hand to the new girl. Hello, my name is Rebecca, sorry about that. I'm just really clumsy.

Lentrax
2014-08-15, 01:43 PM
Doing her best to try to wipe off excess smoothie from her blouse, the girl finally gives in and takes the offered hand.

"I'm Hannah. Oh, what am I going to do now... the others are still waiting for the drinks and I have to change, and find my room, and we haven't even had dinner yet!"

Illven
2014-08-15, 01:46 PM
Rebecca smiles.

Let me pay for the drinks, it's my fault. You change, and we'll meet right back here as soon as possible.

Esprit15
2014-08-15, 01:49 PM
Hm, little ***** lied about which room she was in. Oh well, I'll deal with her later. Hey, a room to yourself is the next best thing. No stupid roommates to deal with.

"And now, the fun part..." Sakuya groans, taking the elevator down to the first floor. So many tubs of stuff. It's a nice workout, but it doesn't mean she liked it. If she took two at a time, she could make it in three trips. At least she was close, so it won't be long.

Given distances, she should be done bringing stuff in before Jessica. She waits at the door for a while until the girl across from her comes back again, watching through the peephole in her door. She. She gets close, Sakuya opens the door as though heading out normally. "Hey, CompSci girl from before! Jessica, right?"

Angelalex242
2014-08-15, 02:48 PM
Helping a girl move in? That was right up the football player's alley. Big strong football player is really good at moving stuff, after all.

His stuff? Well, considering his athletic nature, he'd probably finish moving it WAY before anyone else did. He could simply carry more, and move faster. All that, and he had a good parking spot.

From there, however...well, the cute little computer science girl probably wasn't particularly good at carrying things.

"Say, you look like you could use some help with that. I'm Mike."

In classic gentleman fashioned, he offered a hand for the girl to shake.

(OOC:Abusing Mike's Athletic and Competitor ability to be a sort of obvious choice for moving stuff. And, ya know, being a guy helps too. It's traditional.)

Lentrax
2014-08-16, 02:40 PM
Rebecca

"No, it's my fault. I really should have been paying more attention to where I was going. After all, I was the one carrying a tray full of drinks..." Hannah's voice trails off, leaving an awkward silence that you fill with the suggestion of changing clothes.

"O- okay." She returns a few minutes later wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

Mike and Sayuka.

Jessica accepts the help from Mike, but seems very particular in the things he lets her carry. None of it seems to be terribly heavy, and you could easily carry nearly everything she needs you to on the first trip. As the two of you approach Jessica's room, the door across the hall opens up, and you hear a "Hey, CompSci girl from before! Jessica, right?"

Jessica turns at the sound of the voice and seems surprised to see Sayuka standing there.

A slight wheezing Yeah? was all she could offer, since she was out of breath from hauling things across the quad.

Angelalex242
2014-08-16, 03:05 PM
Mike heard her major rather obviously mentioned in front of him, and...

Well, at least Jessica was LESS out of breath then she would've been without his help. For Mike's part, he wasn't even working up a sweat. Even her heaviest stuff was less then nothing to his strength. At least, of what she'd let him carry, anyway.

Oh, you're in computer science? Hmmm. I've got one of those classes on my schedule this semester, but I generally have to spend more time practicing then studying. I might need some tutoring later, if you've got time to take that kind of thing on.

It's not that Mike was terrible, academically...it's just he had significantly less time to study then most. Coach had his players on a strict schedule, after all. Even so, the university had minimum standards to stay on the athletic team...like most every university on the planet.

Esprit15
2014-08-16, 03:07 PM
"I just noticed that we lived across from one another, that's all," she says, slightly red-faced. She looks to the girl's stuff and the football player carrying some of it. "I would ask if you needed help with your stuff, but it seems you already have a hunky friend here to help with that. Surprised he's not got more. It is the gentlemanly thing to do, after all." She says the latter half more in the direction of the jock.

Lentrax
2014-08-16, 03:15 PM
After the last remark about the gentlemanly thing to do, Jessica blurts out, It isn't about that. I just have some sensitive electronics that need to be handled delicately! And to emphasize the point she starts waving her hands dramatically in front of her.

Which means letting go of her box, which falls to the ground with the sound of sensitive equipment being broken by the laws of physics.

Angelalex242
2014-08-16, 03:36 PM
That didn't sound good. Would now be a good time to mention I wouldn't have dropped that? Among other things, even heavy sensitive equipment isn't all that heavy to him.

He shrugs at the other girl, as if to say 'don't look at me, I can only do what she lets me do.'

Illven
2014-08-16, 03:43 PM
Rebecca hands Hannah the drinks with a smile, but in a very unusual way. She places them on the nearest bench, bending over slowly and carefully. Not trusting herself to be able to put them neatly in Hannah's hands.

At the sound of crashing she immediately squeaks Wasn't me. Before turning to look at the source of the sound.

Esprit15
2014-08-16, 03:50 PM
"Doubtful.... Let's see what the damage is..." Assuming she isn't stopped, Sakuya picks up the box and begins to open it, grimacing as she sees the damage. "Yikes.... Might be able to get them replaced if they're under warranty. In the mean time, you can likely borrow from friends and use university equipment."

Lentrax
2014-08-16, 04:14 PM
No, no. Nonono. Celia! I'm sorry baby! I'll make it up to you if I can. She rushes the box into her room, where she opens the box, and slides the contents out. Amongst the blankets, tissue paper, and packing peanuts, what appears to be the core of a computer tower. Completely smashed, it appears to be beyond repair for any of you.

Taking parts from another box, she sets up a soldering iron, quite a few rolls of tape, three multimeters and unrolls a very extensive set of small, precision tools. When she is done, her room looks more like a budding evil geniuses laboratory instead of a dorm room. She starts working, immediately taking parts and inspecting them, separating them into three piles. One of them is rather large, and the closest one is pretty small. She turns for something, notices all of you in her doorway, and blushes furiously. She recovers quickly, however.

Umm, Mike? In my van is a mini fridge. Do you think you could get it for me? You can help yourself to a drink from inside, of you like Red Bulll. She then turns back to her piles, and starts muttering to herself about not buying the extra peanuts for the boxes. Sayuka, do me a solid. Start looking through that box over there, she points at one labeled "Clothes n stuff."

See if you can find me a static bracelet, please?

Esprit15
2014-08-16, 04:31 PM
Sakuya's eyes widen slightly as the girl pulls out way more technology than is normal for a human to carry around. She's prepared for anything. Ooh, and she has a soldering iron! Those are fun. "Static bracelet... Okay." What the heck is a static bracelet? The girl sifts through the box, trying to avoid making too much of a mess while at the same time scanning the girl's clothes to gain an idea of the kind of girl she was possibly going to stalk, or become friends with. Same thing. Static bracelet... Would that give off a charge then? Or is it supposed to act as a ground? Or is it just the term for some component part?

Angelalex242
2014-08-16, 04:44 PM
Mike went to get the minifridge. Even though there was stuff in it, football players were worked pretty mercilessly by the coach. And they were on a strict diet. Apparently, the Illinois University coach was in communication with the coaches of the Chicago Bears, and he liked to put his players on the same strict regiment the pro team used. That also included exercise, with the weights adjusted for the fact they were college kids instead of pros...but the pro weights were given so they knew where they had to be to make pros.

He easily got the weighty minifridge to her room, set it down, and even hooked it up for her. He did not, however, take a red bull.

Can't accept the Red Bull, sorry. Coach has us on an obscenely strict diet. Claims it's the same thing the pros use.

Lentrax
2014-08-16, 10:12 PM
Rebecca

You watch as a huge muscled young man makes his way down the hall and out the door. Hannah picks up the new tray of drinks, thanks Rebecca, and then goes off to meet her friends, but says that since it looks like they are roommates, she will see the half-Asian girl later.

Jessica

It's been the better part of an hour, when Mike gets back. That van really is pretty far away. Of course when you had a chance to see the inside of the van for yourself, you almost had to stay. It looked like the van was designed to live in. A fridge was built into the van beneath a tv with a Playstation and a Wii hooked up to a flat screen tv on the wall opposite the door. It was, in fact, pretty sweet.

Sayuka finds a static bracelet at the bottom of the box, beneath a stack of Batman comics, and on top of a very interesting (and suggestive) collection of... Intimate apparel. Handing the bracelet overt o the red head, Jessica groans. Damn. Less survived than I hoped. she looked up at the now three people in her room with a bit of hope on her face.

Don't suppose any of you know where I can get some new components for Celia here, do you?

Who gets to try and find a computer parts store with Jessica? Choose your advantage and your attribute, make your play, then roll!

Angelalex242
2014-08-16, 10:34 PM
[roll0] Runner's Glow/Allure

(OOC:Tied no more! Since it's a competition, competitor kicks in its +1, and I hit /9/!)

The van was further away then Mike thought, and even heavier then Mike thought. He really had a chance to show off his physique doing that, more then he thought he would. The van was interesting too...

You've got an awesome setup in that Van of yours. You must go camping a lot.

Though it seemed to defeat the purpose to go camping in a Van with a playstation. But he wouldn't bring that up.

I could help. One of the linebackers plays Call of Duty entirely too much, I could call him up and ask him where to go.

Illven
2014-08-16, 10:37 PM
Rebecca who's shirt was practically see though at this point, nodded.

I'll ask around quick. Won't be too hard to find someone who does know.

Applying Shameless to an allure check.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2014-08-16, 11:20 PM
"I'm sure I could ask around for you." Sakuya gives an evil grin that suggests the 'ask' would be followed by something other than words. There's got to be a nerd around here that she could ask.
Allure: [roll0] Butt In
EDIT: Odd roll becomes 6, totals to 8, tying with our jock friend.

Apply Murderous Love to substitute Conflict for Allure, since that's what we're going for, apparently. Apply Forsight, predicting Odd. If odd, dice roll is 6.

If it would count, Terrifying Presence adds +2 during intimidation, which she is suggesting.

Lentrax
2014-08-18, 08:47 AM
Rebecca asks around, but people seem too interested in staring at her bra through her shirt instead of answering the question.

Sayuka seems to do better, coming up with a place, but they are closed for the day.

But Mike's friend knows a place, it isn't too far away, and it isn't late enough for it to be closed just yet, either.

Great! We should go now!

Angelalex242
2014-08-18, 10:13 AM
Mike smiled. He'd have to remember to do that linebacker friend of his a favor later. He really came through.

"Alright. We'll take my car, it's closer."

With no more prelude then that, he leads the young lady to his car, and even remembers to open the door for her, before getting in and heading off to the place his friend mentioned.

Illven
2014-08-18, 12:37 PM
Rebecca seems kinda used to the ogling. It's clear any frustration is due to not answering her damn question, rather then being unable to look her in the eye while answering.

With a bemused smirk, she returns to the dorm hall she lives in, seeing if she can find anyone she knows.

Esprit15
2014-08-18, 01:47 PM
Whatever, not her problem. Why did she feel so compelled to help Jessica out, though? She never helps people for the heck of it!

Sakuya follows her sister. Should always meet more people. "*pst!* Becca, your shirt," she whispers to her sister, noting its still translucent, stained appearance.

Illven
2014-08-18, 01:56 PM
Rebecca rolls her eyes at Sakuya Hun, when have I ever had a people with people looking. She points out.

It's going to happen anyway. Especially, after I trip over them, and their face ends up in my chest. Frankly I've gotten to see the glances as an ego booster. She shrugs.

More pissed, that people only stared, instead of answering my question, but still.

Esprit15
2014-08-18, 02:04 PM
"Eh, nobody taught them respect when they were young. Glad you're comfortable enough with your body to do that. I'm a bit too up right for that."

Lentrax
2014-08-18, 02:11 PM
It is at this point that Jessica sees Rebecca past her sister, and her mouth drops open. And you can't be sure but you think you see a little drool coming from the corner of the young woman's mouth. After staring just long enough for it to still be acceptable(ish), Jessica closes her mouth up, and speaks up.

Well, We should probably get going. Celia won't get better if I don't the parts she needs...

Illven
2014-08-18, 02:18 PM
"Eh, nobody taught them respect when they were young. Glad you're comfortable enough with your body to do that. I'm a bit too up right for that."

Of course I'm comfortable with it. Rebecca teased. I'm the pretty extroverted twin.

It is at this point that Jessica sees Rebecca past her sister, and her mouth drops open. And you can't be sure but you think you see a little drool coming from the corner of the young woman's mouth. After staring just long enough for it to still be acceptable(ish), Jessica closes her mouth up, and speaks up.

Well, We should probably get going. Celia won't get better if I don't the parts she needs...

Rebecca almost seems to not notice. She neither seems to shy away, or flaunt herself as Jessica stares. Of course Sakuya, and any alert observers would know and see that it's more she doesn't care.

Want us to come along? Assuming Mike's car has the room of course. Four people moving through the aisle, is better then two.

Esprit15
2014-08-18, 02:54 PM
Huh, did not expect that. Interesting...

"Oh. Didn't realize you wanted us to come with you. Sure, if there's room." She leans in close to the other girl's ear. "You're drooling a bit."

Angelalex242
2014-08-18, 02:57 PM
Mike was torn. On the one hand, driving down the street with 3 girls made him king of all studs. On the other hand, it made it more difficult to get to know any of the 3 of them. Still, he didn't miss the fact Jessica stared at Rebecca...and at the very least, that meant she swung both ways. He wasn't sure if the other two also swung both ways, but this could be very interesting, and turn out VERY well for him if they did.

Ultimately, he decided being gracious was the way to go. The thought of all 3 of them turning out to be bisexual was running around one time too many in his head.

The car'll fit 4, yeah. Not too much room in the back, but it'll manage.

Lentrax
2014-08-20, 03:25 PM
Well, I didn't think we were all going... but if he doesn't want to say no, then I won't stop you.

Esprit15
2014-08-20, 03:33 PM
"I have some techy-things I should look for anyways. Maybe you could help?"

Lentrax
2014-08-20, 03:36 PM
Yeah, definitely. What do you need?

Esprit15
2014-08-20, 03:57 PM
"Well... I may have come to school without a laptop... Always used a desktop at home. After seeing how far the computer labs are from the dorms though, I think I'd be better off just having my own though." Thank goodness Mom and Dad made sure she had the money for any school supplies she needed. "You seem to know your way around a computer. Might be able to help decide on one."

Angelalex242
2014-08-20, 04:12 PM
Mike shook his head at the ladies.

"Talk on the way. Everyone who's coming get in, the store's not going to be open THAT much longer.

He opens the doors for the 3 girls...letting Jessica in the front seat. She 'called it' by virtue of being the first one who needed help, after all.

Illven
2014-08-20, 04:18 PM
Rebecca flashes a dazzling smile at Mike, chuckling as he held the door open.

Before she sat down she curtsied. Thank you, Sir Mike.

Lentrax
2014-08-23, 06:25 AM
The drive over to the computer store doesn't take too long. Traffic was relatively light this evening. You arrive at the store and Jessica immediately goes to work, pulling things out from boxes and inspecting them through the little grey static covers electronics are shipped in. The dude behind the counter doesn't seem to mind, since she puts everything away. Soon enough she has assembled a small pile of parts which, had they not been in boxes, would probably have resembled one of the piles she had made when she was trying to fix her computer to begin with.

Her problem solved for the moment, she seemed to relax. Then she turned to the three of you.

So. Okay. You have helped me out a lot today. Now, it is my turn to return the favor. You said you needed a computer? What do you need it to do? Surfing the web? This she says with a slightly sardonic smile and a tone of voice that you can't help but think she is making fun of you. But you realize you don't know her well enough to be sure.

You don't strike me as much of a gamer anyway.

Illven
2014-08-23, 08:38 AM
Rebecca chuckled.

Heh I'm more of a gamer then she is, and I prefer real life. I've been playing D&D for.... She counts on her fingers quickly.

Four years.

Esprit15
2014-08-23, 02:14 PM
"Yeah, Becca is the gamer. Really just the basics: research, creating presentations, writing papers, web surfing. If the thing can take a little bit of a beating, all the better," she says, giving a playful smile to her sister. "...Hm, maybe enough power to run Minecraft."

Lentrax
2014-08-23, 05:59 PM
Minecraft.... Hoo-Kay... So, you just need something simple then. Probably something about.... Oh, 350 bucks oughta do. Dual-core proc, a couple gigs of ram... On board video should be okay, but what about color? Maybe a decent mouse... You sure you don't want anything with a little more power? Play something made for the big kids?

Three boxes sit on the counter, each of them containing a different style laptop inside.

One is a netbook, the second is a basic laptop, and the third is more advanced.

While Sayuka makes her choice, Jessiica turns to the other two students.

What about you two? You need anything?

Illven
2014-08-23, 06:15 PM
I guess something simple for me. I prefer real life gaming. Rebecca replied with a shrug.

Since we're here and all.

Esprit15
2014-08-23, 08:42 PM
"Hm... What the heck, I'll splurge some. Nothing high end, but something that won't melt if I ask it to run something recent," she says, looking between the two more expensive laptops.

Angelalex242
2014-08-24, 01:14 AM
"I honestly don't have time to use my computer for much more then school work. At least, not till the season ends. Once we get past Division Finals, I'll have some time on my hands, but that won't be for a while yet. But ya know...when I do, I guess I could do some online stuff."

Even a college level football player can't spend ALL his time practicing, although the ones that go pro do spend a lot of time practicing anyway.

Lentrax
2014-08-25, 01:35 PM
Jessica takes everything, all the computers, parts and accessories up to the counter. You aren't sure what goes on up there as she keeps her voice down pretty low but it is apparently a heated discussion, crazy hand gestures and everything. Eventually, things get bagged up, and no one harangues you as you make your exit.

You pile into Mike's car and he drives you back to campus.

Thanks for the help, everyone. You didn't have to go so far out of your way to help me. You ever need any help with anything, let me know.

Illven
2014-08-25, 01:45 PM
Rebecca smiles

You helped us as well. Not like we know anything about computers. She replies indicating herself and Sakuya.

And thank you for the ride Mike. She said curtsying again.

I'm amusing that Rebecca has paid/paid Jessica back for the computer. Am I mistaken?

Esprit15
2014-08-25, 03:30 PM
"Not a problem. Same here: anyone bothers you, just let me know."

Illven
2014-08-25, 04:43 PM
Oh. I intend to repay you by the way. Rebecca replied.

Ever interested in learning Dungeons and Dragons, or Vampire the Masquerade? I could help you make characters, and take you under my gaming wing. Rebecca offers.

Angelalex242
2014-08-25, 04:44 PM
Helping people gives us a better rep then the opposite, right? Always gotta think about how the things I do reflect on the team. Anyway, glad to play chaufer.

He's only too aware of what happens when college football stars get busted for ill dealings. One of the rival schools to this one had 5 players busted for armed robbery. It was in the paper a few days ago.

Esprit15
2014-08-25, 04:50 PM
"Gonna try and start another group, Becca?" her sister says as she opens the door to get in the car. "Thank for helping me find a computer, Jessica."

Illven
2014-08-25, 05:29 PM
Uh.... Not necessarily Sakuya. Rebecca said with a pointed glance.

Just in case one or two pop up.

Angelalex242
2014-08-26, 09:30 PM
Mike thinks a moment, then comes right out with it.

"The coach wants to see us for practice after we're done moving in, but that should finish up around 8 or so. Say, Jessica, what time did you plan on eating?

Lentrax
2014-08-30, 01:34 PM
Jessica, who had been idly playing her fingers over her purchases, paid little attention to what was being said. Until the subject of food was brought up.

Eat? What? I... I don't know. I have to get Celia running again, and then I don't know... Did you have anything in mind?

Angelalex242
2014-08-30, 01:53 PM
Sure, there's restraunts in town...do you have any preference? And I figure you should've fixed your computer by the time I'm done with practice. I did say 8 o clock, after all.

That's several hours from now, he's reasonably sure she'll be done by then.

Lentrax
2014-08-30, 02:09 PM
I don't know. You seem to be awful nice for someone I just met.

She looks up from over her bulging bag to give a small, wry grin.

You aren't trying to take advantage of a simple, country girl like me, are you? Big, shining knight, off to save the fair maiden?

Illven
2014-08-30, 02:17 PM
Do you want help getting Celia running? Rebecca asked. I'm decent with computers, and an extra pair of hands always helps.

Lentrax
2014-08-30, 02:30 PM
No, thanks. Putting these components together is really just a one girl job. Besides, I only have the one static bracelet so the only other way for the other of us to be effectively static free is to be completely nude.

Illven
2014-08-30, 02:45 PM
Rebecca chuckles and blushes at the thought.

Well, in any case. If Mike's possibly buying you dinner, how am I paying you back? Any movie you particularity want to see over the weekend, concert you want to go to? She offers.

Esprit15
2014-08-30, 03:24 PM
Sakuya chuckles. "I think he is, the question is whether you object to it," she says with a wink. "Might need someone to teach you how to defend yourself before you go on that date."

Lentrax
2014-08-30, 03:49 PM
Dunno. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. And don't worry about paying me back. You helped me move in, that's payment enough for me.

Angelalex242
2014-08-30, 04:20 PM
Hey, I'm on the football team. We're the closest thing the modern world has to Knights, with all that padding we wear.

Mike grins then, but he's still waiting for an answer.

Esprit15
2014-08-30, 04:24 PM
"Except for, I don't know, a soldier in a Kevlar vest. Or a bomb technician, if we really want to focus on the armor aspect. Then again, looking pretty without actually doing much was part of a knight's job, so perhaps the comparison is apt."

Illven
2014-08-30, 04:34 PM
Do either of you two want to learn Dungeons and dragons or Vampire the Masquerade? Rebecca asked her non-siblings.

Angelalex242
2014-08-30, 06:09 PM
Hey now, I wouldn't be on the team if I couldn't perform the task coach picked me for. We're probably close to gladiators then anything else. Besides, of all sports, Football is the one you're most likely to get hurt in, and for all the money pros make, they have a laundry list of personal injuries to go with it.

It's the reality of his sport. Only the most skilled make the team, but those same skilled athletes who make the team also get hurt when they get tackled. Particularly when his offensive line fails him and he gets sacked.

Eh? No, I haven't got time for that, coach has us practicing for hours a day, and homework takes up most of the rest of my time.

Well, and dating, he hopes, but he's not going to point that out just yet.

Lentrax
2014-08-31, 12:05 PM
You know, I heard someone say once that fantasy football was just D&D for Jocks. Don't know if that's true or not, but its just what I've heard. Anyway, I don't know when I will be done. I have to get the components installed, make sure they operate right, then run a benchmark and a stress test, make sure they can handle the load... And come up with a new name. This won't be Celia anymore. She sniffles as she thinks about that for a second.

Illven
2014-08-31, 12:16 PM
Never heard that one before. Rebecca chuckled. I would think a tactical wargame would fit better. Maybe Chainmail, I remember hearing that was the predecessor of D&D, and it was more wargamey. She muses.

Rebecca awkwardly reaches from the backseat to pat her shoulder.

Esprit15
2014-08-31, 12:36 PM
"Hey, it's alright. She'll have a few different parts, but still fulfill the same role. After all, you don't have to get a new name if someone donated an organ for you, right? A band needn't change names because they swapped their drummer."

Lentrax
2014-08-31, 12:51 PM
But it isn't just one part. It's so many... and... and...

And you probably should have seen this coming, but her head falls into her bag of parts and with one last sniffle, the real tears start.

Illven
2014-08-31, 01:01 PM
Rebecca pats the shoulder.

Well if the motherboard survived it'd be the same computer, right. Isn't the motherboard kinda like the heart and the brain of a computer? She asks.

Angelalex242
2014-08-31, 01:09 PM
Mike isn't necessarily the best choice to deal with a crying girl, but...

Mmmm. Well, I guess I'll knock on your door when practice is done. You can decide then if you want my invitation or not.

Esprit15
2014-08-31, 01:16 PM
"Yes, it's a regular Ship of Theseus, but-" And that's when the tears really started to flow. Okay, over intellectualizing was not going to help. What would fix this...

Sakuya places her hand on Jessica's. "Do you want us to help with renaming Celia once you're done with repairs?"

Lentrax
2014-09-01, 01:51 PM
The sobbing dies down after a minute. Rubbing her eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie, Jessica seems an awful lot more tired than she did at the store.No, it's just... Celia has been with since the beginning, and now I am replacing her. It just doesn't seem right, for her to die like this, in a stupid accident.

Mike pulls up to the dorm and kills the engine.

Look, thanks for the help. And for... stuff. But I think right now, I just want to focus on getting her running. If you want to come by later and have a Red Bull or something, that's okay, but I don't think I am going to be doing much else tonight...

Then she opens the door, gets out of the car, and walks toward the building.

Illven
2014-09-01, 02:00 PM
Rebecca sighs I hope she'll be okay. She mentions as she gets out of the car.

Thanks for the ride, Mike. She says cheering up and smiling.

She then goes off to her dorm room to see if Hannah's back.

Angelalex242
2014-09-01, 05:42 PM
Mike got the idea. The lady wants time to mourn her computer. And he needed to get to practice.

After dropping off his car full of girls, (Oh, the bragging he could do about that one!) he headed off for the stadium, where practice would soon begin.

Esprit15
2014-09-01, 06:13 PM
"We understand. Good luck." Sakuya follows her sister to see what her and the roommate were up to.

Lentrax
2014-09-04, 06:51 AM
When Rebecca arrives in her room, she finds half of it has turned shades of purple and blue. Posters of a couple of boy bands have been hung on the wall, and a computer hums on the desk on her side of the room.

As the door opens, the blonde girl looks over her shoulder to see Rebecca walking in. Her face immediately brightens with a grin.

"Hey! I was talking to my friends earlier and they were wondering if you wanted to get together tomorrow and wander the campus finding where everything is."

Mike

Changing into your pads, you start practice with the rest of your team.

During your warm ups, one of your friends from the run earlier punches your shoulder.

"Saw you with that hoodie hottie, man. How do you do it?"

Illven
2014-09-04, 07:04 AM
Rebecca chuckles, and holds out a poster with a sorceress on it. Hope you don't mind. Although we are going to have the most patchwork decoration. She says laughing.

What did you tell your friends about me? She asked. And is it okay if I invite a few people?

Esprit15
2014-09-04, 11:46 AM
Sakuya gives a glance at the roommate's side. "So glad I have my own room."

Illven
2014-09-04, 11:55 AM
Rebecca nudges her twin Be nice. She states.

Angelalex242
2014-09-04, 04:26 PM
When Rebecca arrives in her room, she finds half of it has turned shades of purple and blue. Posters of a couple of boy bands have been hung on the wall, and a computer hums on the desk on her side of the room.

As the door opens, the blonde girl looks over her shoulder to see Rebecca walking in. Her face immediately brightens with a grin.

"Hey! I was talking to my friends earlier and they were wondering if you wanted to get together tomorrow and wander the campus finding where everything is."

Mike

Changing into your pads, you start practice with the rest of your team.

During your warm ups, one of your friends from the run earlier punches your shoulder.

"Saw you with that hoodie hottie, man. How do you do it?"

Trade secret.

Still, he gives his buddy a 'thumbs up' sign, as if to say all is going very well. Meanwhile, on with practice! Coach was a stickler for doing everything right, and often put them through plays several times a day. It paid off in games, as plays well practiced ran more smoothly then was usually expected at the college level.

Esprit15
2014-09-04, 04:36 PM
"Of course, that's why I whispered it. Seems like a good idea. Mind if I tag along?"