PDA

View Full Version : Good stuff for a dex melee ranger

Teapot Salty
2014-08-13, 09:39 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking for good weapons, powers, feats etc. that would serve a melee dex ranger well. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

Tegu8788
2014-08-13, 09:48 PM
What kind of Ranger are you using? Because the default melee Ranger uses Strength. Finesse Weapons are not a thing here.

georgie_leech
2014-08-13, 10:01 PM
What kind of Ranger are you using? Because the default melee Ranger uses Strength. Finesse Weapons are not a thing here.

There are a heap of Ranger Powers in Martial Power 2 that are both Melee and use Dex for attack. Amusingly, they're not restricted to Light Blades; feel to dive into a battle swinging your Mordenkrad of Fullblade very carefully. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: More seriously this pretty much requires MP2, which also contains class feature choices (Running Attack, Hunter Fighting Style) that support this kind of Ranger.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-13, 10:21 PM

I'm aware. The biggest thing I'm looking for is dex to damage.

Tegu8788
2014-08-13, 10:27 PM
Unless you are using a Dex mod damage power, that's not going to happen, I'm almost certain.

GPuzzle
2014-08-13, 10:38 PM
Closest thing I can think of is reverse: Half-Orc Rogue PMC Ranger/Martial Archetype.

Actually pretty good.

MeeposFire
2014-08-13, 10:38 PM
I'm aware. The biggest thing I'm looking for is dex to damage.

You could play a scout ranger which has dex based attacks. It will limit your power acquisitions (most notably no daily powers) but is full dex focused.