PDA

View Full Version : Recollection check? Wisdom with some modifiers or synergy?

Kafana
2014-08-14, 01:19 AM
Alright, so I'm going to run an encounter soon which will have the player encounter an assassin killing an NPC and if he makes a good spot check he'll be able to see a mark which will identify the order of the assassin. However, later when the PCs talk to the guards I don't want the PC to be able to fully describe the mark without some sort of check.

Since I have the picture on my tablet I thought about showing it for 1 second to the player, and then have him draw what he can from player memory, or alternatively to devise some check which could benefit from some of his other skills. What do you guys think?

Since we're talking about recollection of an event/mark/dialogue, what would be some of the DCs you can think of with this "skill"? For example, remembering what were the exact words the wizard told you 3 days ago; Remembering the number of bandits you killed in your lifetime; Remembering the face of a stranger that winked at you at yesterday's galla, etc.

Hazrond
2014-08-14, 01:23 AM
Alright, so I'm going to run an encounter soon which will have the player encounter an assassin killing an NPC and if he makes a good spot check he'll be able to see a mark which will identify the order of the assassin. However, later when the PCs talk to the guards I don't want the PC to be able to fully describe the mark without some sort of check.

Since I have the picture on my tablet I thought about showing it for 1 second to the player, and then have him draw what he can from player memory, or alternatively to devise some check which could benefit from some of his other skills. What do you guys think?

Since we're talking about recollection of an event/mark/dialogue, what would be some of the DCs you can think of with this "skill"? For example, remembering what were the exact words the wizard told you 3 days ago; Remembering the number of bandits you killed in your lifetime; Remembering the face of a stranger that winked at you at yesterday's galla, etc.

Autohypnosis pretty much covers this

Vaz
2014-08-14, 02:57 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/knowledge.htm

Falls mostly under Nobility and Royalty, although considering the connotations with that, Local, or if Magical in nature/magic related, Arcana.

Autohypnosis is otherwise the complete recollection of that studied information, but they'd have had to have made the check to a) learn it (and if they do, they learn if completely) and b) check to recollect it (and if they do, they recollect perfectly).