PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need advice with Pathfinder Monk/Bard build.

Johnathan_Harke
2014-08-14, 11:28 AM
I have a dilemma. I'm about to start Jade Regent adventure path (with is an oriental-themed adventure path for Pathfinder), and I'm wanting to play a Catfolk multiclass Monk (Drunken Master)/ Bard. Essentially, my character is a sake-brewing, song-singing, shamizen-playing, town drunk that is surprisingly wise. Imagine his personality similar to that of Uncle Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender except he drinks sake instead of tea all the time. I've already told the GM I'm going to play a bard, but I want to be able to multiclass into Monk for the Drunken Master archetype. The problem is, bards are so MAD (Multiple Ability Dependent), making it hard for them to multiclass into something like Monk, which is also Multiple Ability Dependent.

Here is what I definitely want:
1. Decent melee combat ability. I've been playing ranged characters recently, and I'm getting sick and tired of standing in the back all the time.
2. Bardsong. I want to be able to use inspire courage, at least.
3. Drunken ki pool (Drunken Master). I want to be drunk all the time. Can you blame me?

Any suggestions for a viable build? All advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I haven't come up with a name for him yet, so name suggestions would be helpful as well.