PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Becoming immune or healing Cha penalty.

heavyfuel
2014-08-14, 03:38 PM
I asked this in the RAW Q&A but got no answer and now the time I had is running out. Next session is in 1 hour, and I need a way to become immune or heal a penalty to Charisma. Note that this isn't damage, but a penalty.

This can be an item (but not one that gives +4 Cha), feat or feat chain, or low level spell (e6 game). I intend to persist (with Reach spell) the Living Undeath spell but the -4 to Cha will really screw over my Favored Soul. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: No longer time sensitive question as the session has just been canceled, but since I don't think we can delete threads I'll just leave this here.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-14, 03:41 PM
Eagle's splendor doesn't do it for you? +4 Cha, for minutes/level, right there in the PHB.

heavyfuel
2014-08-14, 03:44 PM
Eagle's splendor doesn't do it for you? +4 Cha, for minutes/level, right there in the PHB.

Already have a Cloak of Charisma +4, so enhancement bonuses are kind of a no-go

Fax Celestis
2014-08-14, 04:08 PM
Devil's ego gives a +4 profane bonus, though you can only get it from the Diabolic Domain (FC-II).

Inner beauty (FC-I) would give you a +4 sacred bonus if you're good-aligned.

Nixie's grace (SC) would give you a +8 enh to CHA, among other things, which would cover the difference.

Talya
2014-08-14, 04:18 PM
Three levels of paladin with Ruby Rose Knight substitution levels leaves you entirely immune to charisma damage and drain.

heavyfuel
2014-08-14, 04:29 PM
Devil's ego gives a +4 profane bonus, though you can only get it from the Diabolic Domain (FC-II).

Inner beauty (FC-I) would give you a +4 sacred bonus if you're good-aligned.

Nixie's grace (SC) would give you a +8 enh to CHA, among other things, which would cover the difference.

Devil's ego would be the only one that could work if I wasn't good given that it's an e6 game and all. Thanks though.

Three levels of paladin with Ruby Rose Knight substitution levels leaves you entirely immune to charisma damage and drain.

But does it stop Charisma penalty? Because I can stop damage with Sheltered Vitality, but I don't think that penalties are blocked as well.

Rebel7284
2014-08-14, 04:36 PM
Nothing in the game stops a penalty to an ability - short of not having that ability.

heavyfuel
2014-08-14, 04:42 PM
Nothing in the game stops a penalty to an ability - short of not having that ability.

I was starting to realize that... At this point I'm more hoping for something like Ray of Resurgence only Cha instead of Str, but it's just wishful thinking I suppose haha