PDA

View Full Version : Binding Elementals!?

Solace of Tides
2014-08-14, 05:43 PM
I am trying to choose my feats on my level 1 Cleric / 9 Artificer and I stumbled upon the Bind Elemental feat.

In theory, I get it. Summon an elemental and force it to reside in a magical item.

However, I don't really get what this means...

Is it the whole 'genie in the lamp' thing, or does the item get specific powers based on the elemental?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-14, 05:45 PM
I am trying to choose my feats on my level 1 Cleric / 9 Artificer and I stumbled upon the Bind Elemental feat.

In theory, I get it. Summon an elemental and force it to reside in a magical item.

However, I don't really get what this means...

Is it the whole 'genie in the lamp' thing, or does the item get specific powers based on the elemental?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

It's for item creation purposes. Eberron/Siberys/Khyber shard items (specifically noted as such in Eberron books) would require this.

Milo v3
2014-08-14, 08:36 PM
You need it to make eberron airships and elemental grafts as well, iirc.

RobotArtificer
2014-08-14, 09:32 PM
There are more detailed rules for binding elementals in Magic of Eberron. Not only is the feat necessary to create several types of items, it also allows you to reduce the cost by binding a larger elemental. I think that the cost reduction only works on those specific types of items, but you might be able to reduce the costs of other items as well.