PDA

View Full Version : Test of the Smoking Eye (IC)

Gareth3
2014-08-14, 06:29 PM
Test of the Smoking Eye

The man who assumes everything is a lie is at least as mistaken as the one who assumes everything is true.
-Lois McMaster Bujold, "Brothers in Arms"

The road out of town is at its best this time of year, not muddy with the winter rains or dusty with the heat of summer. New shoots speckle the black fields with bright green, and sparse pink and white blossom is vivid against the brown bark of fruit trees. To your right, the mountains run roughly parallel with the road, still snow-capped from winter. Far to your left, a few seagulls circle and you almost think you can hear the sea. The sky is pure blue, like a flawless gem.
As you look down the road, there's no sign of the roadside tavern that is your destination. You do see something blocking the road, maybe a tree trunk. There are several human figures standing next to it. As you approach, you see they're dressed in cheap leather armour. One carries a large knife, the other five are armed with clubs or bludgeons. They don't seem to have seen you yet.

Yas392
2014-08-14, 08:14 PM
Mummu smirks as she picks up auras with her mindsight, the signs of her vestige showing in her hair which had become slithering snakes and her eyes shining black with purple hues. She feels an immense surge of confident after the morning rite she performed. There are very few who can leashed the cold one's true might. K̞̝̞̊̚͘i̛̯̯͇̬̯̤̗ͭ̀̋̌l̴͇̦͑̈́ͯͪl̤͖͕͖̪͚͚̹ͩ̀ͪ̿ͨͤ͡ ͎͕͚̗̞ͮͫ͒ͨ͆̐ͦ͞ṱ̨͍̹̟͎͙̭̹̏ͧ̈́͟ḩ̩̬̤̮̟̗̈̅̆͘o̶ͥ̈̉͋̅ͪ̆̓͜ ̮̝̰͕̗s̡̼̞̝̅ͫ̎̆ͪ̔̈̾͘ͅę̧̘̦̫͓͎̞͌ͮ͛ͦ͡ ̣̝̹̝̣̭̳͉̑̏w̶̦̓̿͒̅ͬ̐́ë̶̡̬̘̟̘͎͍́a̠̞̞̤͈͗̄̃̈̔ͦ̐ͯk͓͗͌ͤ̌ ̗lͪͤͩͯͮ͏̳̜͖̰̗į̸̦̬̖̱̘̤͍͉̳̊́ͭ̇̂n̴̟̪͉̜̱̬͚͙̏ͬ̑̋̔̊̽g̀͌ ̸͂̒ͅs̴̡͉̟̟̗̯ͩ̇ͫͦͣ̂ͨ̆ͩ!͍ͭ̍̀͢ As a shaman, she dealt the spirits from the moment she was born, later communing, emphasizing with and appeasing themfor her cause. She could push the thought away but she detest lying to herself that she is very much in sync with the cold one. Her senses arouses at the sight of those civilized loitering about in the blockade, they seemed dangerous, especially the one with the huge knife. Coupled with her hatred for most of the civilized and the cold one's loathing for trivial fools, her lust for battle was amplified and her mind switches to the one of a vengeful predator. She studies them briefly. With a curt nod, she signals her allies to stay put until the moment she leaps in, calling a thunder strike on the one with the large knife and roaring a battle cry in ancient.

ALKA ANA SHA, LUKUR TIIT AK!

Ranged Touch Attack on the one with the largest sword - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
DC 20 reflex save for half damage

Translation: Come at me, enemies of life!

OOC: Can I get the intelligence score of the humans?

CGDG
2014-08-14, 09:14 PM
Maneuvers Readied for the day:
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Flashing Sun
Fire Repost
Emerald Razor
Obscuring Shadow Veil
Elder Mountain Hammer
Shadow Garrot
Cloak of Deception

Wall of Blade
Mountain Hammer
Iron Heart Surge

Are we in a surprise round?

Following close behind Mummu along the road, he stiffens as he sees the men ahead. Bandits, most likely. Men with little skill and less honour. They prey on the weak and helpless.

His hands crept quietly towards his blade, peering into the surrounding woods for signs of an ambush.

[roll0] to see if there are enemies hidden along the side of the road.

"My lady, allow me to dispatch of these-" he started, before Mummu's battle cry rang in his ears. A bolt of lightning flashing in the sky, he took is cue and readied his assault.

[roll1]

On his turn, Vagran attacks the closest opponent to Mummu, attempting to stay within 10ft. of her. He attacks using Sapphire Nightmare Blade, while in Assassin Stance. Being his first strike of the battle, he draws his weapon with the honed finesse of an Iajutsu master.

Power Attack 1 points.

2 point attack penatly for Constant Guardian

Iajutsu check: [roll2]

Concentration Check (Sapphire Nightmare Blade): [roll3] vs. the opponents AC for +1d6 damage and to make the opponent flatfooted.

Attack: [roll4]

Damage: [roll5]

Iajustus Damage: [roll6] (My max outcome is 5d6; select the as many of the rolled die, in order, as appropriate for the result)

Sneak Attack: [roll7]

Sapphire Nightmare Blade: [roll8]

At the end of his turn, Vagran switched to Roots of the Mountain Stance.

Not bad at all.

CGDG
2014-08-14, 09:16 PM
Next time I'll include a potential Crit Confirmatin in my rolls. That's my bad.

[roll0]

You'll have to let me know if that works and if I should roll for more damage or double the original outcome of the first roll.

Redi
2014-08-15, 08:58 AM
"Onward, my steed, let's slain these foes for the greater good" Shouts Yakiv while charging to battle, surrounded by holy light

Swift action Inspire courage with words of creation
Full round : Charge with lance to the closest ennemy

Damage taken from WoC [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Crit confirmation [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
And i take -2 to AC due to the charge

BelGareth
2014-08-15, 10:16 AM
Muiner chuckles as he walks along, Thargrim Ironbeard wouldn't stop chattering away at how annoying the young lass in the last bark was, and he had to agree with him, the old dwarfs spirit looped around him and flashed with stern consternation, for he was a dwarf in life and even in death, dwarfs are never surprised.

Raising one bushy eyebrow, he regarded the obstruction to the road, instantly trying to figure out how many ponies and what kind of counter load would remove it.

Then the bolt of lightning was forthcoming, blasting around one of the men standing around it.

He then watched as his companions screamed and hollered while charging across the field towards the men, He stood their alone, mouth agape.

"What if they wanted to talk to us?" he hollered to his companions. Trotting after them as they engaged.

Gareth3
2014-08-17, 02:25 PM
Rick runs after his companions as they attack the bandits, but makes no hostile moves against them.

I'm taking over Rick temporarily. The Mad Hatter can take him back at any time.

Gareth3
2014-08-18, 03:47 AM
There's a rabbit and two rats in the brush by the side of the road, but nothing that would be a threat.

In quick succession, Vagran stabs one bandit with his sword, a bolt of lightning hits the bandit with the knife, and Yakiv skewers another with his lance. The bandits slump to the ground, lifeless. The three remaining bandits stare at you, speechless with terror. A gull calls in the distance.
After a moment one bandit raises his hands.
"We surrender! Please don't hurt us, we were only attacking the weak!"
Another bandit nods frantically, raising his hands. "Yeah, we'd never go after you!"
The third bandit offers Vagran a bag. "Here, take it!"

Redi
2014-08-18, 01:14 PM
"What shall we do with theses ruffians, maybe take them to the law enforcement ?"

CGDG
2014-08-18, 10:27 PM
In response to Yavik's suggestion, Vagran scowls and bitterly adds,

"After preying on the weak and vulnerable, allowing the authorities to deal with them is the greatest mercy they deserve."

Vagran does not offer the bandit offering him the bag any reply or attentoin, returning to Mummu's side, glaring sharply at the survivors.

"Were my life my own, I would see them punished in a manner fitting their crimes."

After a brief pause, Vagran finishes sharply,

"Their belonging given to the nearest town as charity and a limb taken for every victim felled."

Gareth3
2014-08-19, 01:02 AM
The leader of the survivors nods enthusiastically.

"Yes, you can take us prisoner, and deliver us to the authorities."

The other bandits look dubious at this suggestion, but the leader makes an encouraging gesture and they nod reluctantly. One tucks the bag back into his belt.

"Yeah."
"Sure."

The leader turns back to Yakiv.

"We'll get rid of the roadblock, and you can take us in the direction you were going."

Yas392
2014-08-19, 06:43 AM
Her anger is apparent. Not only do they have the nerve to strike at one of the earth's children, they used it for their strange activities. What have you done! The wind blasted at the three bandits who surrendered themselves after she squats to mutter some sort of ritualistic prayer to send the ensnare tree spirit to rest. Hateful earthborns, how dare you struck Ersetu!

Intimidate (Imperious Command) - [roll0]
Never Outnumbered

Redi
2014-08-19, 09:46 AM
Yakiv dismount from his steed, proceed to collect the bandit weapons and looks at the bag they handed, he then mount on his steed."Walk in front of us, try to flee and i'll show you no further mercy."

BelGareth
2014-08-19, 11:28 AM
Pinching his nose, Muiner shook his head.

"Ack, you'all going ta get us locked up! We'll take em, inta town, and turn them over ta the Law," he spins on the others, especially the witch "You cannae just go about killin people!" he yells waving his arms about "And NO, you cannae cut their limbs off either, cus you think thats ok, the laws the law, lets get them ova to them, but by the way the leader o'these ruffians acts, I wouldn'a be surprised to see them loose after we hand em in, thats when we do stuff."

He puts his hands into the air and walks off in a huff, following his companion on the horse, his soulspark bobbing up and down quickly, emanating his irritated mood.

Everyone knew better to assume the law of the land, especially upon their own hands.

He mutters to himself as he walks off, "Aye, Patriarch Magnar woulda spanked their hides, but they aint dwarves Uncle, only companions, I cannae do that to em!"

Yas392
2014-08-19, 05:56 PM
Law? The spirits do not obey those writings laid by the civilized. They hold their tiit on their hands. They will judge these earthborns, not I. Her eyes becomes remorseful and she turns away, eye ducts that was dried before now watering the ground constantly. She hears in her head the crying one pleas for a momentary silent while the cold one scoffs but is satisfied with the weaklings cowed. The spirits deemed their blood unworthy of their attention. Get them out of my sight, tamu uri. She walks away, muttering litanies for the fallen.

Tamu Uri = Blood sworn

CGDG
2014-08-20, 01:29 AM
"I appreciate the temerpance of your words, master Dwarf," Vagran says quiety, "but vandals like these have likely taken the lives of many. I've seen it before and I will see it again; the lives we took were in self-defence and in the defence of others who would come after and be forced to deal with them, were we not swift and absolute."

With Mummu's command sounding in his ears he looks back to the group of thieves and utters only,

"March."

Gareth3
2014-08-20, 03:34 AM
The bandits cower from Mummu, hastily shoving the tree trunk off the road. They obediently start marching down the road in the direction of the tavern.
The bag contains 100 copper pieces and a small, blood-splattered lump of gold.

CGDG
2014-08-24, 08:00 AM
Is the gold a gold coin or just a lump of unfinished or unsculpted gold

As they walk, Vagran asks,

"Master Yakic, Master Dwarf, we have travelled some time together but, I must admit, I don't know much about either of you. What are you doing in this region?"

Gareth3
2014-08-24, 03:00 PM
Further inspection reveals that it's a gold tooth.

somethingrandom
2014-08-25, 05:03 PM
"I agree with the Arbiter, we should have tried to talk to them. We know next nothing about them they could have almost anyone city watch officers trying to stop smugglers for example. "

Redi
2014-08-26, 03:05 AM
"Who cares, they obviously were bandits, and we caught them, so we are the good guys here."

BelGareth
2014-08-26, 04:55 PM
Muinar grunts as another one of his companions agreed with him, it was the way of them, always choosing sides, and always different, most of the time, he could never tell what they were going to do, and or agree upon.

He looks to the one who asked him about what he was doing, he scratched his head, his bright soulspark bobbing around his head like a kitten at play.

"Ah, well'n, that be a long story, requiring Ah go back to ma ancestors, ahn they wud love that, Thor knowin they be talkative, at least ta me!" he smiles as he trundles along, "But I can tell ye, it wuz a dream ah had from Thor, naht one o does you mekkup, but a real, touch it wid yer hand dream! I wuz asked to come outa here, and look fer somethin, not sure wot, but ere I am, lookin!"

The soulspark zigs and zags at the comment, whirling all around his body like an orbiting star.

He looks to the others and growls "Ah, but ya did'nae know! no way o'knowin, yer just blasted dem with yer lightnin!" he scoffs again and scowls as he continues to walk behind the prisoners.

Gareth3
2014-08-26, 05:21 PM
You make your way along the road. The bandits look over their shoulders at you now and then, as if judging the odds for an escape, but stay silent. The road climbs up a series of low hills, leaving a gully on one side. The tavern appears in the distance from behind a clump of trees. It's hard to tell from this distance, but it looks abandoned, the windows boarded up and the sign missing.
Suddenly, there's a sound like a soft explosion, seeming to come from all around you.

Everyone make an opposed Listen check, to beat this: [roll0]

CGDG
2014-08-26, 11:37 PM
Vagran nods, quietly listening to Muinar's tale, before his bady goes rigid at the sound of the explosion.

[roll0]

No chance of me hearing anything

Any chance I can spot danger, before it strike?

[roll1]

Gareth3
2014-08-27, 02:40 AM
You don't see or hear anything unusual.

Gareth3
2014-08-27, 02:48 AM
Your Listen Checks only have to beat one of these:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Skill modifier is +19.

Yas392
2014-08-27, 03:31 AM
Mummu placates the spirits and the mourning cries stops. She was behind the party due to wanting some peace from their banter. Her furs tingles as she watches the bandits' motion and the surrounding area. She consults the spirits for guidance. Oh spirits, guide me.

Sense Motive (Hunch on bandits action - Take 10) - 18
Wisdom check to sense danger - [roll0]

somethingrandom
2014-08-27, 04:04 AM
Acwin farticly looks around for signs of where the explosion came from.
(not rolling listen as with a -1 listen modifier it is impossible for me to pass)

BelGareth
2014-08-27, 10:30 AM
Muiner trundles along, his soulspark zipping around, jerking to a halt at the sound of the explosion.

The dwarf looks around.

[roll0]

Gareth3
2014-08-27, 04:36 PM
None of you hear anything unusual. You continue along the road, getting closer to the tavern. Now you can see the doors have been removed, and the interior seems bare of any furniture. Someone wearing a hooded cloak is outside the tavern and walking briskly towards you, just out of earshot.

The bandits are terrified out of their minds at your power, and are planning to run away as soon as there's any kind of distraction.

CGDG
2014-08-27, 09:53 PM
Vagran eyes the stranger cautiously, sizing him up.

Sense motive check to see if I can determin either the relative combat strength of the man or whether he means us ill will.

My skill trick let's me make a spot check vs. someone's AC; if successful, my next attack against them is a touch attack. I can only do it once per encounter.

Sense Motive [roll0]

Spot [roll1]

Yas392
2014-08-27, 10:34 PM
Mummu twitches, maintaining her air of authority, obviously trying to distract the bandits from escaping. Stay! Tamu Nari searched your takings and he do not know! What have you hidden in your pig skins, Earthborns? Speak!

Gareth3
2014-08-28, 03:44 AM
The figure is almost totally concealed under an elaborate heavy robe. Only his massive gray hands and lipless gray mouth are visible. One hand holds a wooden staff capped with an orange-yellow gem. He gives the impression of great combat prowess. He doesn't mean you any immediate harm, but he does seem wary.

Gareth3
2014-08-28, 03:56 AM
The lead bandit looks even more nervous.

"We-"

He suddenly stares in horror at the side of the road. Three grey creatures like crosses between gorillas and piranhas are clambering out of the gully and onto the side of the road, then charging directly for Mummu, ignoring the bandits and the other members of the party.

The hooded figure snarls, and points his staff at closest creature.

Everyone roll initiative.
Hooded: [roll0]
Creatures: [roll1]

Yas392
2014-08-28, 04:06 AM
Init - [roll0]

Redi
2014-08-28, 04:13 AM
rolling
[roll0]

somethingrandom
2014-08-28, 07:12 AM
rolling[roll0]

BelGareth
2014-08-28, 11:35 AM
[roll0]

Just a friendly suggestion, perhaps you rolling everyone's Initiative may help and speed things up for the future, that way we can just do it to it.

CGDG
2014-08-28, 08:30 PM
[roll0]

Vagran would still be within 10ft of Mummu at this point. Yas, don't forget your +2 AC bonus if you're attacked before we act.

Gareth3
2014-08-28, 09:04 PM
Initiative order is:
Yakiv
The Hooded Figure AC 15 flat-footed, 18 normal
Mummu
Acwin
Muiner
Babau demons AC 18 flat-footed, 19 normal.
Vagran

Redi
2014-08-30, 04:32 AM
Yakiv charges towards the hooded figure, using his words of power

Inspire courage with words of creation damage : [roll0]
charge : [roll1] damage : [roll2]

Gareth3
2014-08-30, 05:34 AM
Yakiv's lance strikes the hooded figure off-centre, tearing through his heavy tunic and spraying human-looking blood. The figure screams.

"I'm on your side, idiot! Kill those things before they flank her!"

He turns away from Yakiv, clutching his side. With his other hand he gestures at the nearest demon, holding a small glass object. The air fogs in a cone shape stretching between them.

Cone of Cold, affecting one demon. Damage [roll0], reflex save for half damage.

Yas392
2014-08-30, 05:55 AM
Snarling at the beasts' assault and the hooded one, she scans them with her sight, trying to grasp the knowledge that eludes her. Zi Dingir Anna Kanpa! Zi Dingir Anna Kanpa! Zi Dingir Anna Kanpa! She dances furiously as she is being assaulted. A bright light erupts, a loud cloud of smoke rewards her. It is a magical beast of great prestige and goodness yet it is tainted by tendrils of corruption. She points at the demons. Gudanna! Zini, Demtu Nekelmu Genii! It lets out a distorted roar, rushing at the demon.

If demon attacks her, they get -2 penalty to attack, save and ac
Summon Leskylor behind demon (assuming they charged)
Can I have the hooded one type and intelligence?
Pounce
Bite:
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Full attack
Claw:
Attack
[roll2]
[roll3]
Damage
[roll4]
[roll5]

Bite:
Attack
[roll6]
Damage
[roll7]

Grapple - [roll8]

Attack
[roll9]
[roll10]
Damage
[roll11]
[roll12]

Touch of Golden Ice (DC 14 if any attacks hit)

BelGareth
2014-08-30, 10:04 AM
Muiner snarls as the demons climb out of the gully, knowing instinctively, that they were of not lawful origin.

And that he had to remedy that.

Standing firm to the ground, he invoked the power of the his people, the LAW of the land, there reverence for order and balance, his forbearers who chiseled out the glistening corners and smooth pillars from raw unworked stone.

He spoke the words, and a rush of bright iridescent Sapphire light burst from Muiner, ghostly shapes of dwarven paragons, long lost, long forgotten by most, surged forth in an unending column of mighty dwarven fury, to hammer into the demons with the built up power of his peoples ideals, bashing them with ghostly hammers, axes, and shields.

As soon as the torrent of ghostly dwarfs arrived, so did they vanish, back into the memories of old dwarfs and men alike.

Standard:
Casts Orders Wrath (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ordersWrath.htm), targeting only the demons, as everyone else in the group is not lawful, and that would be bad.
30-ft. cube, so i should be able to get them all.
[roll0] + Daze for 1 round vs Will save DC 18 with no Daze and half damage. (15)
Spell Penetration - (1d20+10)[27]

Move: move 30 so as to be within 30 within of his allies

Swift action: Lucky dice (http://talonsmindscape.wikidot.com/lucky-dice)
[roll1]
+1 luck bonus to hit for 3 rounds, affects all allies within 30'

Redi
2014-08-30, 10:15 AM
Yakiv seems troubled, and he feel the pain of Muiner's spell

[roll0]

CGDG
2014-08-30, 09:40 PM
Gripping his greatsword's hilt tightly, Vagran slides his feet into a narrow cat-like stance. With a pounce and swing of his blade he lashes out at the closest enemy to Mummu. His face stern but calm, in the serenity of pure concentration, his blade falls through the air in a swift arc, quicker than most eyes can follow.

EDIT: I missed the +1 to hit from BelGareth

Vagran stays within 10ft of Mummu if possible. Please let me know if the closest enemy is further, so I can stay aware of the battefield's construction. If he moves more than 10ft from her, he gains a +2 on attack.

Swift Actions - Change from Roots of the Mountain to Assassin Stance

Maneuver - Sapphire Nightmare Blade

Power Attack dip -3

Concentration (DC enemies AC) [roll0] If it succeeds the enemy is flat-footed and takes an additoinal [roll1] damage

Iajutsu Focus [roll2]

Attack [roll3] +1 = 22

Crit Confirmatoin [roll4]

Greatsword Damage [roll5]

Sneak Attack Damage [roll6]

Inajutsu Focus Damage [roll7] (Bonus Damage is 8 with the roll above of 17)

EDIT: I forgot to add the +3 from Insightful Strike

Total Damage 39

somethingrandom
2014-09-02, 04:44 AM
I am assuming that the different coloured background is not significant
Acwin recognizing the demons for what they are calls upon the knowledge he gained from the the couatl's. Chanting and gesturing he creates a blast of holy light behind the deamons.

Casting Holy Smite to catch the three demons but miss whoever MA is (I am guessing it is Mummu but I'm not sure)
Save DC 21
Damage [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-09-05, 04:15 AM
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/gully_zpsa0fc2225.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/gully_zpsa0fc2225.png.html)

D1 Will [roll0]
D1 Will [roll1]
D2 Will [roll2]
D2 Will [roll3]
D3 Ref [roll4]
D3 Will [roll5]
D3 Will [roll6]

The demon tries to dodge the cone of fog from the hooded figure, but it hits him square in the chest, covering him in cold burns. The hound archon mauls the centre demon severely, before a blast of holy light and a swirl of ghostly dwarves hide all three demons from view. When they disappear, the demons are piled in a heap, obviously dead.

The hooded figure clutches his side and grins weakly. He turns back to the party, wincing with pain.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kaurophon, and..."

He pauses a moment, trying to regain his train of thought, then starts again.

"I expect you're wondering why I've called you here today. I have a quest of great urgency and importance that I need your assistance with. I'll need to fully explain the situation before I take questions, so don't interrupt. Our story begins at the creation of the universe-"

Kaurophon collapses into the dirt, and lies prone.

somethingrandom
2014-09-05, 10:31 AM
Acwin swears loudly before asking with a rather worried tone in his voice "Can anyone do anything to help him?"

BelGareth
2014-09-05, 11:28 AM
Muiner smiles as the onslaught on the demons is complete, with combined might, they stood no chance.

He waded closer, only to watch the newcomer, who had been not so ceremoniously charged and attacked by one of their own, severaly it looked as well. As the newcomer spoke and then collapsed, Muiner cursed and threw his hands into the air.

"Oh, ah See! we fight tha Demons, an nothin really happens bout them, but some stranger shows up, an yer stick im with yer shiny weapon afore he can talk!" as he yells, he walks to the man and , pulling out a wand, taps the man on the shoulder with it, imbuing him with healing energy.

Using a charge from his Wand of Lesser vigor, giving him fast healing 1 for 10 rounds, which should stabilize him.

Redi
2014-09-05, 12:30 PM
"I'm so sorry, but in my defense, a good fellow shouldn't hide himself beneath cloack."

CGDG
2014-09-05, 11:27 PM
With a sideways glance to Yavik, Vagran says,

"Friend Yakiv, the sinister do not hide under cowls and cower in dimly lit corners of the street. They openly brandish their evil nature."

Cocking his head to the bandits, half-way through his sentence, to demonstrate the truth behind his words, he continues,

"It is the innocent who fear repercussion, should they resist the harsh and cruel nature of their more powerful master who need hide in the dark."

Yas392
2014-09-05, 11:54 PM
Risen one, attend to the fallen one. The shaman hisses in basic creature language. The inverse feline hisses back and it strides to the hooded person. It sits and place a paw on the injured, channelling positive energies from its home plane. Tamu Nari is right. Those earthborns are evil if they possessed by Erishkigal and dragged to his land. This one has not point his stick at us, yet. When the leskylov had done it's duty, she dismisses it.

Cure Moderate Wounds - [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-09-06, 02:14 AM
On closer inspection, Kaurophon doesn't seem injured enough to have collapsed - he may be suffering from shock. When the leskylov heals him, he opens his eyes and stands up slowly.

"Let's go to the tavern."

He walks unsteadily towards the tavern, using his staff as a cane and wincing.

Redi
2014-09-06, 04:24 AM
Yakiv follows him, keeping an eye on the bandits.

CGDG
2014-09-06, 04:52 AM
Approaching the tavern, he motions for Mummu to wait a moment.

"Do we know for a fact this tavern is safe? That there is not another ambush waiting for us?"

Peering over at the bandits and saying more vocally, addressing the rest of the party.

"Also, if there is no one here to claim these animals, what do we do with them?"

Gareth3
2014-09-06, 03:41 PM
Kaurophon makes a dismissive gesture, without turning around.

"Let them go, we have bigger problems than a few bandits."

He enters the tavern, which has been completely stripped on the inside. Enough light penetrates the boarded-up windows to show an entirely bare room. Even the bar has been removed. There is a huge circle drawn on the floor, filled with arcane symbols, leaving just enough space for the party to enter without stepping inside it. Something metallic is hanging from the ceiling, but it's only partially visible through the door.

Kaurophon looks around for a chair, then sighs and sits on the floor outside the circle.

"Come in. Don't go inside the circle."

CGDG
2014-09-06, 09:00 PM
Yet to step through the threshold of the tavern's enterance and bviously irritated, Vagran looks to Mummu for a final say.

"Please tell me I do not need to heed his outrageous demand. These men must be brought to justice."

Gareth3
2014-09-07, 02:14 AM
Once inside the tavern, you can see an enormous Y-shaped piece of metal is hanging from the ceiling by several ropes. The metal has an odd mottled appearance, like a badly mixed alloy.

The symbols in the circle are related to the spell Plane Shift, although that spell does not normally require such elaborate preparation. Even the Y-shaped metal is similar to the material component for Plane Shift, but about 50 times bigger. It's as if Kaurophon is planning to go somewhere very hard to get to.

Visibly rolling one's eyes while wearing a face-concealing hood is difficult, but Kaurophon does his best.

"Fine. Trig, get in here!"

A nervous-looking human teenager wearing wizard's robes emerges from the kitchen. Kaurophon addresses him, the bandits, and the party in turn.

"Trig, take the bandits into town and deliver them to the city watch. Bandits, go with Trig and surrender yourselves peacefully. If you cause any trouble, we'll come back and take you with us. Everyone satisfied with that?"

Trig and the bandits nod with almost equal enthusiasm.

"Yes, Master"
"Sure." "Sounds fine." "I'm good."

somethingrandom
2014-09-07, 02:46 PM
Acwin is sorely tempted to chew that man out for his apperent disrgard for the bandits but bites his tongue. Upon seeing the circle he says "This is no ordinary tavern or circle where in the realms are you planing to send us?"

Gareth3
2014-09-07, 04:43 PM
Kaurophon glances at the sun.

"It's getting late, so I'll tell you the quick version. There's a bit of Hell that's really a bit of Heaven. Whoever's the boss of it decides whether it's Hell or Heaven. No-one's the boss of it right now, but bad people want to be the boss of it and turn it into total Hell. Any questions?"

CGDG
2014-09-08, 07:56 AM
With obvous irritation, Vagran grumbles,

"Aye, one. Why should we drag ourselves down to hell and waste our time dealing with devils, demons and their far-away non-sense when there are more than enough problems and evils closer to home?"

Gareth3
2014-09-08, 03:38 PM
Enough of Kaurophon's mouth is visible to see him grin.

"Because you can become the ruler of this section of Hell. The previous ruler has disappeared, but he left behind the Test of the Smoking Eye. Pass it, and you gain the power to transform it back into Heaven and the obedience of all his minions. If the inherent value of turning Hell into Heaven doesn't grab you, think of the power, and what you could use it for on the material plane. You could escape from your enemies in it, use it to hide refugees, whatever.
If you turn me down... Well, you're right that the previous ruler didn't have much interest in the material plane. But the people trying the Test now do. They're ambitious adventurers with all kinds of agendas, all of them evil. You can stop a dozen tyrants and maniacs at once, just by passing the test."

somethingrandom
2014-09-09, 04:22 AM
"Assuming we work together to complete this test, which I am guessing is your intention who will become the ruler?"

CGDG
2014-09-09, 06:27 AM
Vagran's ears perk up as Kaurophon lays bare the possibilities of the realm and purpose it could serve. Acwin’s questions also burning through his mind, he speaks freely.

“If we were to garner control of the realm together, would it not be most pertinent to rules it as a council of equals? That way there could be no flagrant abuse. We could work out a way for the test to only select those more worthy leaders in the future. That way, after we’re gone, we wouldn’t need to worry about it being taken by some sinister force in the future.”

With suspicion he eyes Kaurophon, Vagran shifts the weight on his feet, his unease being readily apparent by his change of stance.

“If the power offered by this open-for-the-taking kingdom is so great, why haven’t you tried to claim it for your own?”

I can't recall what stance I'm in, so I'm chaning to Roots of the Mountain, if I'm not already in that stance.

Gareth3
2014-09-09, 03:16 PM
"I did, but I failed. I couldn't even get inside the testing arena, I don't know why. But I'll go with you and help as much as I can. As for who becomes ruler, that would depend on the final stages of the test, which I don't know anything about. I believe that only one person can become the ruler, so the test will select them somehow. You can always agree that whoever becomes ruler will act only on the consensus of the group."

Redi
2014-09-09, 03:26 PM
"Before we head anywhere, can we get a good night of sleep ? Between the bandits and the demon i'm not sure we're at our best to face whatever is awaiting for us."

Gareth3
2014-09-09, 04:14 PM
Kaurophon nods.

"Yes, you should be as prepared as possible. There's food out the back, and a couple of beds upstairs. Let me know when you're all ready."

Yas392
2014-09-09, 05:15 PM
Mummu listens, not tempted but nonetheless, attentive. She knew the spirits once held power, ascended and failed because of their current state. She wanted to reject in spite of the spirits claiming that power for their own. But she have one use for it. I have no use for such tool. If Tamu Nari agreed that we should claim Erishkigal land, cleanse the Gini and transcend the starts as equal, I will only use it to save my people from those civilized in my land and watch over them until I go to my ancestors. Mummu said the 'civilized' with much hatred that she did not notice it being raised.

CGDG
2014-09-09, 09:41 PM
Listening intently to Kaurophon's words, he nods his agreement. After Yavik suggests sleep, Vagran concurs.

"I agree, master Yavik. It would be best if we were prepared for every eventuality."

With a wary eye towards the door, he adds,

"It would be prudent to not let our guard down simply because we've foun shelter. Before we sleep, we should organize a watch system."

After a short pause to peer around the room, he finishes with,

"I'll take first watch. You all get some rest. I'll wake whoever is to relieve me after an hour or two. Who should I raise?"

Can I make a Wis or Int check to deterine the best position for keeping watch?

Wis check [roll0]

Int check [roll1]

Gareth3
2014-09-09, 10:43 PM
Kaurophon frowns in confusion at Mummu.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand you. Is there some way you can consult the spirits, to help your decision? Remember, even if you're not interested in the power, you'll want to keep it out of the hands of evil."

He turns to the rest of the party.

"I'll sleep at whatever time is convenient for you. Before you go, take these."

He hands everyone a short scroll.

"Scrolls of Plane Shift, so you don't get trapped on Occipitus, that's the name of the layer. I should warn you that these can only return you to the material plane. Going to Occipitus is extremely difficult. The combination of the Abyss and Celestia makes it so hard to target that we need all this paraphenalia. It'll take weeks to recalibrate the rod after we go, much longer if it gets damaged. So you can't pop back and forth. Save the scroll for when we've finished, or emergencies. "

A thought occurs to him, and he chuckles.

"Of course, you could always cast a standard Plane Shift to the Abyss, then try to find Occipitus from there. But there are about 665 reasons not to do that..."

Yas392
2014-09-09, 11:16 PM
That's is up to my earthborns to decide. I may be part of the circle yet I am not part of it. I will bestow my people gift of freedom then I will depart watch them unless it causes harm to my people. The spirits I beseech for guidance are greatly disturbed by power, they all bear the taint of Eriskigal. All earthborns stand with the hands of Ninhursag or the horns of Erishkigal. If I remained, I risk the wrath of many spirits.

CGDG
2014-09-10, 01:27 AM
If the evening is uneventful, Vagran readies the following maneuvers in the morning.

Swordsage

1st - Sapphire Nightmare Blade
2nd - Emerald Razor & Cloak of Deception
3rd - Feign Opening & Shadow Garrot
4th - Obscuring Shadow Veil & Ruby Nightmare Blade
5th - Elder Mountain Hammer

Warblade

2nd - Wall of Blades & Mountain Hammer
3rd - Iron Heart Aura

Starting the day in Assassin Stance

BelGareth
2014-09-10, 12:37 PM
Muiner grumbles at the whole thing, while his soulspark whips around his body, all excited and anxious, zipping and zooming, zigging and zagging, its light creating a strobe effect as it vanishes and reappears behind his body.

Will be changing spells.
Done.

Redi
2014-09-10, 03:35 PM
"Is there beds upstairs, or should we sleep the good old fashioned way ?"

Gareth3
2014-09-10, 04:45 PM
"Yes, there should be enough beds for all of you. I'll sleep down here, I need to keep an eye on this stuff."

Redi
2014-09-10, 05:00 PM
Yakiv head towards the nearest bed, take off his armour, and lie down on the bed. He keeps his sword nearby.

"'night fellows."

Yas392
2014-09-10, 05:07 PM
Mummu conjures a new Leslylov outside before she retires. Guard Tamu Nari.

somethingrandom
2014-09-12, 09:49 AM
"I'd be willing to take a watch but I'll need a full 8 hours uninterrupted rest to be at full strength tomorrow."
I have no particualer preperations to make being a spontaneous caster.

BelGareth
2014-09-12, 10:47 AM
Muiner replys in kind.

"Aye, meself as well, I can take last watch or first, no offense to yu stranger, but we gotta keep an eye out all the same."

Lets get this watch order set so we can move forward.

CGDG
2014-09-13, 09:04 PM
With a nod, Vagran says,

"Yes, of course. I forgot. Muiner, with your superior fortitude, why don't you take first watch. I'll relieve you. Acwin, since you need the rest, why don't you take last watch."

Looking briefly at Mummu, he finishes

"I'll take a rotation in between. Two if necessary."

Gareth3
2014-09-14, 02:56 PM
The night passes without incident, although Kaurophon can be heard pacing around downstairs, obviously not sleeping. In the morning, he calls the party downstairs and steps into the circle.

"Anyone who wants to come on the mission, step into the circle and hold hands."

Redi
2014-09-15, 12:27 AM
"Who's in for some demon-slaughtering fun ?" Says Yakiv with a big grin ?"Quick question, can i bring my horse, or can i find something suiting down there ?"

Gareth3
2014-09-15, 01:44 AM
"Bring the horse. Just make sure it's inside the circle and you're touching it."

CGDG
2014-09-15, 01:50 AM
Vagran stays silent and follows Mummu's lead, pausing momentarily to stretch and check his weapons.

somethingrandom
2014-09-16, 04:53 AM
"I just remembered something I should deal with before we leave. Which of you tend to fight in mellee?"

Redi
2014-09-16, 05:38 AM
"I do., what is it all about ?"

somethingrandom
2014-09-16, 06:59 AM
"I have a pair of spellguard rings and there is no point me having both of them, here" He hands Yakiv an ornate bronze ring.

BelGareth
2014-09-16, 11:20 AM
Muiner stumps out of the room and then listens to the stranger who is leading them to hell, grunts something indecipherable, his soulspark zipping around him as usual, and then stomps into the circle.

"Ah'am, Ready!" he delcares

Gareth3
2014-09-22, 03:27 AM
Mummu steps into the circle and joins hands with the others.
Taking over Mummu for this post only.

Redi
2014-09-22, 03:39 AM
Kakiv steps into the circle with his horse.

"Ready to go."

Gareth3
2014-09-22, 03:47 AM
Kaurophon joins hands with the others and checks the circle is complete, including the horse. He starts chanting nonsense words and flickering light fills the circle, changing colour every moment.

"Malkuthyesodhodnetsachtiferetgevurahchesed..."

The metal Y above you starts to vibrate, and Kaurophon shoots it a worried look, obviously not expecting this.

"Duh- duh- duh-"

Kaurophon struggles with the incantation as the metal vibrates faster, choking on the syllables.

"Daath! Binahchochmahkether!"

Kaurophon shouts out the rest of the incantation and the metal stops vibrating. The light in the circle fades. Kaurophon looks around, puzzled.

"Did anyone let-"

The metal Y shatters. Lethal shards rain down on you, and just before they hit there's a burst of blinding golden and white light.

-discontinuity-

Gareth3
2014-09-22, 04:24 AM
Occipitus

"The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n."
-John Milton, Paradise Lost

With a flash you find yourself standing on an open plain, linking hands with your comrades. The sky seems to be made of flame, bathing everything in a reddish glow. Off in the distance looms a white monolith, shaped like a half-buried skull and the size of a small mountain. Clouds of flame stream from the skull’s single exposed eye socket and up into the sky. About a half-mile ahead stands a cluster of gently curving white pillars,almost as if giant rib bones had been stuck in the ground. In the distance behind you is a steep mountain ridge whose top seems to touch the fiery sky. It stretches around the entire horizon—as if you were standing inside a vast bowl with a fiery lid. The ground beneath you is spongy and wrinkled. It’s more like skin than dirt.

You all have a severe headache that will last until further notice. Take a -2 circumstance penalty on all Charisma-based checks

somethingrandom
2014-09-22, 10:09 AM
Acwin lets out an extended"Oowww! let's not do that again." Before looking around and saying " I am guessing the test begins over there."

Gareth3
2014-09-22, 02:50 PM
Kaurophon seems unaffected by the plane, but still looks worried.

"Don't use the scrolls! It'll take months to replace the fork, and someone else will have taken over the plane by then. Don't plane shift unless you're actually going to die otherwise."

He shakes his head at Acwin.

"You'd think so, Smoking Eye, right? I think that's the end of the test. The beginning is there."

He points to the left of the skull. Beyond the rib forest is a huge ruined building that looks like it was a cathedral.

"Distances can be tricky here. It's 100 miles away, probably best to go on horseback. If you can fly, stay close to the ground."

CGDG
2014-09-23, 01:35 AM
Lookin around at the baren plains and burning sky, Vagran inquires,

"Do we have any way of procuring horses?"

Yas392
2014-09-23, 01:49 AM
Why win the aid of those four legged creatures when you can beckon the spirits? Mummu smiles as a glow emanates from her. In place of the bloodied ground, a white inverse celestial feline purrs with pleasure, waiting its mistress command.

Gareth3
2014-09-23, 03:55 AM
Kaurophon scratches his head.

"I didn't think of that. There are fiendish animals here, but they're not really trained for riding... Can we go three to a horse?"

somethingrandom
2014-09-23, 02:11 PM
Looking at the backs of the 2 horses Acwin says "I don't think three of us would fit on the back of a horse. I don't think 2 would be a problem but not 3."

CGDG
2014-09-23, 08:34 PM
With a simple nod, Vagran says, "Then let us be off."

Almost as an after thought he adds, "Do we know what we will face once we reach our destination?"

Gareth3
2014-09-23, 08:59 PM
Kaurophon sighs, and starts walking in the direction of the cathedral.

"Of all the things to stop us... I can teleport myself and one other person, but only a mile a day. Anyone have anything better? Mummu, can you summon more of those?"

He frowns at Vagran's question.

"As far as I could tell, it was just a big ruined cathedral. But it had stairs down to an underground level that I couldn't enter. I just stopped dead. I suppose the first stage of the test is down there."

CGDG
2014-09-26, 09:01 PM
"Then our first challenge is a lack of information. It's never good to go in blind."

Without further hinderance, Vagran motions that he is ready to depart. He asks his master,

"My liege, can you communicate with your cohorts? If so, it may be best to send one ahead so we know mor about what we're up against. If not, I beg you let me go first so I may inspect the area."

Gareth3
2014-09-28, 03:30 PM
As you march towards the cathedral in the distance, you pass by the cluster of pillars. They look less organic close up, more like natural white stone but still in a bizarre shape.

Gareth3
2014-09-28, 03:35 PM
Everyone make a Spot check, to beat one of these results:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Yas392
2014-09-28, 04:00 PM
Mummu summoned another to bear those who cannot fit on the first Leskylov to the cathedral. But she senses that something is awry.

Spot - [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-09-28, 04:12 PM
You see something move behind one of the pillars.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/pillars_zpsb6aba8fb.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/pillars_zpsb6aba8fb.png.html)

White squares are pillars, the question mark is whatever moved. Let me know if you'd like your character repositioned.

CGDG
2014-09-30, 01:22 AM
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party. Vagran would likely insist on being next to and/or on point for Mummu. If possible at this point, I would probably prefer he be switch with K.

Vagran approaches cautiously. The hair on his neck standing on edge, he peers about the environment. He give Mummu a quick look, reading in her expression that he was not the only who sensed something amiss.

[roll0]

Gareth3
2014-09-30, 02:07 AM
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/pillars_zps85315736.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/pillars_zps85315736.png.html)

Four creatures are hiding behind pillars, but you have no idea what they are. You just catch a glimpse of something briefly protruding from each hiding place, not getting enough of a look to identify them. Kaurophon is staring at the pillars, his face a distinctly paler shade of gray. He turns to you with one finger to his lips, and shows you all five fingers of the other hand.

Yas392
2014-09-30, 02:24 AM
Mummu concentrates and tries to make out their identity by using her enhanced sight.

Using mindsight, she identifies the type of creatures and their intelligence scores.

Gareth3
2014-09-30, 02:45 AM
You gain an impression of utterly alien chaos, but with a distinct intelligence behind it. (In game terms, Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar), Intelligence 10.)

CGDG
2014-10-01, 05:37 AM
Vagran motions to Acwin to wait a moment and gives the other a hand motion indicating his desire to scout. Vagran focuses momentarily before disappearing from view. Rely on his practiced steps and careful movemens, Vagran attempts to advance on the unknown creatures quickly to gain some idea of the groups current threat.

Cloak of Deception to become invisible.

Move Silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

Spot [roll2] to locte any additional enemies or spot hidden threats.

If Vagran can not cross the distance in 1 round he makes a secondary check to hide on the opposite side of the pillars as the enemies [roll3]

Yas392
2014-10-01, 05:53 AM
Mummu intones to the others with her telepathy. Beware! They are four of them. They are mere packs who heed the words of Ereskigal and they thrive on instinct.

Gareth3
2014-10-01, 02:37 PM
Kaurophon shakes his head, frustrated.

"There's five of them."

Gareth3
2014-10-01, 11:39 PM
Listen checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Gareth3
2014-10-01, 11:43 PM
Spot Checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Yas392
2014-10-01, 11:57 PM
Mummu tries to determine Kaurophon and scans the area again with her mindsight. She becomes suspicious of him since that he asserts that there are five of them.

Mindsight on Kaurophon to determine type and intelligence score.
Mindsight to pinpoint the missing fifth one.
Readied free action to order on leskylov to pounce.

Gareth3
2014-10-02, 12:08 AM
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/pillars_zps0904ffe3.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/pillars_zps0904ffe3.png.html)

As you move towards the pillars, you catch a glimpse of what's behind them, including a fifth creature just as Kaurophon predicted. Each creature looks like a combination of an offal pit, fisherman's by-catch, and taxidermist's shop - all exposed organs and tentacles and claws and teeth. Their forms are constantly churning and twisting and reforming, every feature melting away and being replaced in seconds. There's no sign that they've noticed you - but how would you tell?

Kaurophon is an outsider (augmented humanoid, extraplanar) with Intelligence 14.

Yas392
2014-10-02, 12:58 AM
Mummu orders her leskylors to the skies and above the pillars with the authority of the cold one using her telepathy. Once they are at least slightly above the pillars (about 10 ft), she commands them to release their icy breath weapons downwards on the location of the area that she detected while the shaman calls down the elements on the first one she witness. She send a telepathically contact Vagran, demanding an answer. Tamu Nari, what are those hunters?

Free action to order Leskylors to use frost breath on area indicated (the first will blast M1-M5 while the second will target N3-N8)
Damage: [roll0] DC 16 to half
She will blast [roll1] (-4 due to cover) the space where she sees the movement for [roll2] lightning damage.

CGDG
2014-10-02, 02:58 AM
Is it possible for Vagran to communicate back to you telepathically? Is it two way or one?If so, Vagran sends a mental image of the creatures back.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Vagran returns speedily to his previous position, diagonally ahead of Mummu & Kaurophon, as quickly and quietly as possible. He gives a quiet shrug, to the others, indicating he has no idea what to make of the creatures he saw, but signs that there were lots of teeth and claws.

In a hushed whisper, he says "Their bodies keep changing, with their insides all outside. It's definitely alien, whatever it is."

Gareth3
2014-10-02, 04:50 PM
Please make a caster check for Spell Resistance 15. I'm assuming the breath weapons aren't affected.

Yas392
2014-10-02, 05:04 PM
Her lightning strike is supernatural therefore it ignores SR.

Gareth3
2014-10-02, 05:30 PM
OK. I'll wait until all the attacks are made before rolling the saves.

Redi
2014-10-02, 05:48 PM
Yakiv draws his bow, and start to sing, empowered by holy spirit.
move action drawing bow, and inspire courage+inspirational boost+badge of valor as standard + immediate+ quick+ immediate on the next round immediate action (total +10) reading standard action for when the figure shows up.
Standard action is shooting the bow.
damage from words of creation [roll0]
attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

CGDG
2014-10-03, 03:06 AM
[roll0]

Vagran mirrors Mummu's motions, staying ahead of her, in the square diagonally to her left.

somethingrandom
2014-10-04, 03:40 PM
Acwin shouts "Stay away from them don't let them touch you" before he begins chanting and seconds later a massive column of fire shots down from the sky incinerating several of the beasts.

Casting Flame Strike to hit as many chaos beasts as possible which is belive is the 4 nearest the bottom of the map.
Damage[roll0]
Reflex DC 22 for half damage

Gareth3
2014-10-10, 03:21 AM
Rolling against Spell Resistance 15 for you to save time: [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-10-10, 03:37 AM
Muiner casts a brilliant cone of blue light over the pillars and the chaos beasts. Ghostly dwarven figures flicker inside it.

Casting Order's Wrath on the top-left three chaos beasts.
Damage [roll0] + Daze, Will save DC18
Spell Penetration [roll1]

Gareth3
2014-10-10, 03:45 AM
Kaurophon hesitates, then shrugs.

"This isn't what it looks like..."

He waves his hands in a intricate pattern, and greasy dark-grey smoke appears in the middle of the pillars. The smoke thickens and spreads, until nothing is visible inside it.

Casting Unholy Blight on the top four chaos beasts. Damage [roll0] halved for neutral target. Will save DC19 for damage halved again.

Gareth3
2014-10-11, 03:38 AM
Caster Level 11 +2 for Spell Penetration:[roll0]

Gareth3
2014-10-12, 02:52 PM
The chaos beasts writhe under the magical assault.

1 Reflex [roll0] Will [roll1]
2 Ref [roll2] Ref [roll3] Will [roll4]
3 Ref [roll5] Ref [roll6] Will [roll7]
4 Will [roll8]
5 Ref [roll9] Ref [roll10]

Gareth3
2014-10-12, 05:47 PM
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/pillars3_zps6108a8a2.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/pillars3_zps6108a8a2.png.html)

Beast 1 is hit with the full force of the frost breath and Unholy Blight, but survives.

Beast 2 dodges most of the frost breath and Acwin's flames, but suffers the full effects of Unholy Blight and seems injured.

Beast 3 is caught between Acwin's flames and Unholy Blight and dies instantly.

Beast 4 is only caught by Unholy Blight and seems barely affected.

Beast 5 is caught between Mummu's lightning and Acwin's flames, and dies instantly.

The living beasts all grow eyes in the best place to see the party, and start to move towards them.

Kaurophon: [roll0]
Muiner [roll1]
Beasts [roll2]
Everyone who hasn't rolled initiative, please do so.

Redi
2014-10-13, 10:13 AM
Rolling initiative
[roll0]

Yas392
2014-10-13, 02:41 PM
Initiative - [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-10-15, 12:42 AM
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/pillars3_zps52bc1d64.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/pillars3_zps52bc1d64.png.html)

The surviving chaos beasts grow legs and sprint straight for the party.

Yakiv's readied action may be triggered.

CGDG
2014-10-15, 03:36 AM
On his turn, Vagran approaches the closest Chaos Beast (currently #1) and, switching to a stance which favours brute force and reckless abandon, attacks with his greatsword. As his blade reaches out towards its target the steel becomes clouded by supernatural shadow, which reaches out towards its victim it the form of chilling claws of darkness.

Switch to Punishing Stance

Attack [roll0]

Dropping 4 points into Power Attack

Damage[roll1] + [roll2]

Maneuver: Obscuring Shadow Veil Bonus Damage [roll3]

The opponent must make a DC 17 Will save of suffer 50% miss chance on all attacks for 1 round.

EDIT: I forgot that Constant Guardian imposed a -2 on my attacks. So that's a 13. That's almost certainly a whiff.

Yas392
2014-10-15, 05:15 AM
Mummu signals her felines to ambush the chaotic creatures from behind while she tries to usher the spirits for knowledge. Then, the reddish sky flash, impossibly, depositing one bolt onto one of the beast.

Knowledge Devotion (Planes) - [roll0]
Lightning strike - [roll1] + (3) in which X is knowledge devotion bonus.
Attack - [roll2] + (3) in which X is knowledge devotion bonus. Striking beast 2 the beast that are still alive.
After standard action - Move Behind Yakiv

Free action to command Leskylor.

Leskylor 1
Move action - Partial Charge on beast 4 or beast 1 if 4 is dead (10 ft behind)
Full attack (2 Claws, Bite and Rake)
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Attacks (2 Claws, Bite and Rake)
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Leskylor 2
Move action - Partial Charge on beast 1 or beast 4 if 1 is dead (10 ft behind)
Full attack (2 Claws, Bite and Rake)
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Attacks (2 Claws, Bite and Rake)
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]

Gareth3
2014-10-16, 02:28 PM
Yakiv fires an arrow at beast 2 as it runs towards Muiner. It frantically rearranges its body to dodge it, but the arrow hits it and it slumps over, dead.

Gareth3
2014-10-16, 03:00 PM
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a469/gareth_wilson1/pillars3_zps8438e484.png (http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/gareth_wilson1/media/pillars3_zps8438e484.png.html)

Muiner hesitates, staring at the remaining beast running towards him. He holds up a canister and spins around, spraying glittering metallic dust in all directions.

Casting Magic Circle Against Chaos in the blue area. Yakiv has the next turn.

Redi
2014-10-16, 06:23 PM
His bow still in his hand, he shot an arrow to the beast charging him

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gareth3
2014-10-17, 04:10 PM
Kaurophon looks at the two chaos beasts, then points a transparent object at beast 1. The air fogs between them.

Casting Cone of Cold Damage [roll0] Reflex Save for half, Spell Resistance [roll1]

Acwin is next.

somethingrandom
2014-10-18, 03:44 AM
Acwin chants and gestures then thrusts of his hand an icy fog streaming forth catching both chaos beasts.

Casting Cone of Cold. (I believe I can catch both of them.
Damage[roll0]]

Gareth3
2014-10-20, 12:33 AM
Vagran just misses beast 1 with his greatsword and is exposed for a counterattack.
Yakiv's arrow hits beast 4, crippling it, and it is quickly killed by Mummu's lightning bolt and one of her leskylors.
Her second leskylor quickly shreds beast 1.
Kaurophon and Acwin's spells spray uselessly over the corpses.
Kaurophon is impressed, especially at the leskylors.

"Mummu, how often can you do that?"

Yas392
2014-10-20, 04:00 AM
The outsider who hired them sees the shaman breathing laboriously, barely holding herself together with her spear, adrenaline sapped at battle's end. Her white and red are scrunched up along with her eyes from the overexertion of the starspawn's power. The spirits do not share their boons freely. They will take your spirit.

Gareth3
2014-10-20, 03:08 PM
Kaurophon seems disappointed at not getting a clearer answer, but nods.

"Thank you. I'll try not to place too much of a burden on you."

He sets off in the direction of the cathedral.

somethingrandom
2014-10-22, 03:39 AM
"Wait how did you cast that first spell only the foulest of gods grant that spell to there followers?"

Gareth3
2014-10-22, 01:13 PM
Kaurophon shrugs.

"My father was some kind of evil creature, so I can do it without casting a spell. That's why I register as evil on your detection spells."

somethingrandom
2014-10-24, 03:38 AM
"I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now. Assuming you are telling the truth I would be careful not to overuse that ability it can't be good for your soul."

Gareth3
2014-10-24, 02:21 PM
Kaurophon makes a dismissive gesture.

"It's very situational, most things I fight are immune to it."

A group of five animals are visible ahead. As you approach them, you can see that they're black horses with red eyes. They stare at you with obvious menace.

"Case in point. Those aren't just horses. Although I wouldn't bother attacking them. They're too weak to defeat us, and intelligent enough to know it."

Indeed, they're slowly backing away while continuing to stare at you.

somethingrandom
2014-10-27, 05:03 AM
"If there were less of them or they were making an attempt at stealth I would be worried they were scouts but that seams unlikely under the circumstances. Let's keep going"

Gareth3
2014-10-28, 12:32 AM
Kaurophon stares curiously at the horses as they continue to back away.

"They could solve our transport problem, if we could convince them to help us. They'll understand our speech, but beyond that..."

Redi
2014-10-28, 06:19 AM
"Perhaps a bargain of some sort would work."

Gareth3
2014-10-28, 02:32 PM
Kaurophon thinks this over.

"I'm not sure what they would want in return."

somethingrandom
2014-11-01, 05:08 AM
"I would normally be fighting such creatures not bargaining with them. I don't know what they would want other than to cause pain and suffering."

Gareth3
2014-11-01, 01:51 PM
"They'll want to survive, at least. We could just threaten them."

razorback
2014-11-16, 04:39 PM
Lingham speaks up, saying "Yes, I have no issue bargaining with them if any of you don't. I doubt I can bandy words with them as well as you" he says to Yakiv " but I can make sure they understand that if they don't help us that it would not end well for them."

Gareth3
2014-11-17, 04:44 AM
The horses seem even more skittish now, as if they're about to bolt.

Roll for initiative if you want to do anything before they escape. Initiative: [roll0]

razorback
2014-11-17, 12:42 PM
Lingham raises hand, and tries to calm the beasts as he waits for the others response.

Initiative
[roll0]

Gareth3
2014-11-18, 12:05 AM
Take whatever action you want, the horses don't bolt in time.

somethingrandom
2014-11-18, 04:45 AM
"I am not comfortable threatening another creature to get what I want but under the circumstances it don't look like we have much choice."
initiative[roll0]

razorback
2014-11-20, 07:59 AM
Lingham walks towards the horses, hands out, as he calmly says "Easy, guys, I was just joking back there. All we seek is a little assistance in our endeavor. Something we are willing to compensate you for if you are amiable to this. What do you say?"

Diplomacy
[roll0]

niw18
2014-11-20, 01:12 PM
That rather tall spiked warforged juggernaut would stay away as he did it want scare horses anymore then the already are. Brute would watch silently as the human seemed to try to calm the horses and looked to the the rest and just stand their his great sword on his back ready should he need it.

Gareth3
2014-11-21, 01:36 AM
The horses don't look any more friendly.

razorback
2014-11-21, 09:43 AM
"Care to give it a try? Otherwise we might have a long walk ahead of us." he says to Yakiv and the others.

Gareth3
2014-11-23, 03:31 PM
Kaurophon sighs.

"Let me do it."

He turns to the horses, and points to the warforged.

"This thing is malfunctioning, it'll go berserk and kill everyone if you don't take us all to the cathedral, as fast as you can."

Bluff: [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-11-23, 03:36 PM
The horses stare suspiciously at Kaurophon.

Sense Motive [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-11-23, 03:37 PM
The horses exchange glances, then reluctantly kneel down in front of the party, inviting them to climb on.

razorback
2014-11-24, 10:34 AM
Lingham nods in gratitude at Kaurophon bu then looks at the horses and then, dubiously, at Brute.
"Hope those ponies are sturdier than they look." as he moves forward and mounts the lead horse.
"The rest of you ready?"

niw18
2014-11-25, 12:58 PM
brute would just look to Kaurophon then give the horse a glance with green eyes that have a wildness to them and smirked as he enjoyed this as he did not have to do much but just stand their. he would nod " I hope so to" he would say and would attempt to mount the horse and be ready to follow the rest of the party if needed.

Gareth3
2014-11-25, 01:49 PM
The horse takes Brute's weight easily. Kaurophon climbs awkwardly onto another.

somethingrandom
2014-11-26, 05:29 AM
Acwin fallows suit munting another of the horses doing this best to quiet the words to call down holy wraith as thay rise to the surface of his mind.

razorback
2014-11-28, 11:50 AM
Lingham wheels the beast around before looking at Kaurophon.
"I take it you know where we need to go to from here... care to lead on?"

Gareth3
2014-11-29, 03:37 PM
Kaurophon points at the cathedral in the distance, and the horses immediately set off towards it in a full gallop, bucking wildly. As you struggle to stay on, you dimly realise that the horses don't seem to be trying to throw you off. They're just sprinting for the cathedral as fast as they possibly can.

Everyone roll a Ride or Balance check, DC 15. Kaurophon: [roll0]

Gareth3
2014-11-29, 03:39 PM
Kaurophon manages to hang on for a while, but is eventually flung off. His horse ignores him and keeps running for the cathedral.

razorback
2014-12-01, 08:43 AM
Lingham tries to settle the feisty beast as it bucks more than a bit as it launches itself forward.

Balance
[roll0]

Gareth3
2014-12-01, 12:58 PM
Lingham clings on for longer than Kaurophon, but is eventually thrown off. He lands winded but uninjured on the strange spongy ground. His horse races off without him.

razorback
2014-12-01, 03:43 PM
Lingham lays on the ground for a moment, groaning. He then checks himself and sees that everything works the way it is supposed to and he hasn't sprung any new leaks before standing and dusting himself off.
"That's ok" he says to the fadiing hindquarters of the retreating beast "I need to lose a few pounds anyway."
He then walks over to the still prone Kaurophon and extends his hand.
"Come on, days a wasting."

Gareth3
2014-12-01, 04:56 PM
Kaurophon glances at the riderless horse in the distance and suddenly grabs Lingham in a bear hug.

"Don't resist this spell unless you want to stay here."

He snarls, spitting out a meaningless syllable.

Casting Dimension Door to put both Kaurophon and Lingham on the back of one of the horses. Roll a DC 20 Will save if you don't want the spell to work on you.

razorback
2014-12-01, 06:18 PM
Lingham's instincts are to resist but follows Kaurophon's directive.

Gareth3
2014-12-02, 12:31 AM
They materialise on top of the closest horse, thumping down on its bare back. The ground is more even and the bucking is less severe.

Roll a Ride or Balance check, DC 10.

Gareth3
2014-12-02, 12:36 AM
Kaurophon clings grimly to the horse's back.
Ride:[roll0]

somethingrandom
2014-12-02, 04:46 AM
Acwin does his best to hold onto the horse
[roll0]

razorback
2014-12-02, 08:54 AM
Lingham clings to Kaurophon who in turn tries to keep the both of them on the fleet footed horse.

Balance
[roll0]

niw18
2014-12-02, 11:09 PM
Briute would whisper threats to horse on what happen if it bucks him off and tries stay on the horse the best he can .

intimidate horse not to buck him off

[roll0]

balance check stay on

[roll1]

Gareth3
2014-12-03, 03:24 AM
You approach the cathedral, which is much larger than it appeared from a distance. It was obviously beautiful once, but is now ruined. Huge holes are visible in the walls and ceiling, and the stained glass is shattered. The entire cathedral is on an obvious tilt.

When you're within walking distance of the cathedral, Kaurophon raises a hand and the horses stop immediately, almost throwing you off.

"The Cathedral of the Wings of All Angels, one of the most glorious landmarks of Celestia. Now known as the Cathedral of Feathers. I can take you in, but you'll have to go through the test without me."

razorback
2014-12-03, 08:56 AM
Lingham looks at Acwin and Brute.
"You guys ready for this? Should we take a break to refresh ourselves or go forward now?"

Gareth3
2014-12-03, 11:30 PM
Kaurophon climbs, off his horse, which immediately gallops off into the distance.

"There's no hurry, we can take a break now."

niw18
2014-12-05, 09:05 AM
he would follow suit and climb off of his horse and watch it gallop away and looked to him "I am fine with continuing on unless you two are tired or hungry to do so" he would say and look to other one in their group to see if they need to rest or continue.

Gareth3
2014-12-07, 02:38 AM
Kaurophon looks around and then reluctantly sits on the ground.

"I'm resting, let me know when you want to go in."

Everyone gets 1750 XP.

Gareth3
2014-12-09, 03:22 AM
Kaurophon tries to settle down to sleep, but he glances at the cathedral and sits bolt upright, staring at it.

"That can't be good."

razorback
2014-12-09, 08:45 AM
Kaurophon's comment startles Lingham out of his light sleep. "What can't be good?" he says as he starts to rise.

Gareth3
2014-12-09, 02:28 PM
Kaurophon points to a pair of massive stone doors, firmly shut.

"Those were jammed open when I was last here. Someone's shut them, and that wouldn't be easy."

niw18
2014-12-10, 10:44 AM
he would smirk "well just means their people for me to bash around but how many and how well armed. If the doors are hard to close then what ever or who ever must be strong unless it was a group" he would say to his teammates and thought that this might be picking up pace.

razorback
2014-12-10, 11:11 AM
Lingham smiles at brute's comment before looking about at Kaurophon.
"Hard to open physically or do you mean in some magical way?"

Gareth3
2014-12-10, 03:37 PM
Kaurophon shakes his head.

"No, just physically hard to move. I don't know why you'd close them from the inside, it would just make it harder to get out. Maybe they left, and shut them from the outside. Brute, could you open them?"

DC 28 Strength check to open.

niw18
2014-12-11, 01:20 PM
He heard him speak and thought and looked to the door and then him "I can give it a try through might take two of us" he would go and try to open the door

[roll0]

god dam it dc 28 no where close to that

Gareth3
2014-12-11, 03:54 PM
The stone door creaks but doesn't move. Kaurophon walks over to the other door and starts to pull on it.

"Come on, everyone help!"

Taking 20, +2 bonus to Brute's roll. You may all take 20 if you want to spend 2 minutes opening the door.

razorback
2014-12-12, 07:19 AM
Lingham give Brute a pat on the shoulder as he walks up.
"Figured you had this one all to yourself, big guy. Come on, let's get this done." he says as he grabs and starts pulling, spending some time with the huge metal man until sweat begins to stream down his face.

Taking 20 on this.

niw18
2014-12-15, 12:50 PM
Brute would nod to lingham and go and push the door again as he was hoping to get it on his own but door heavier then it looks. He would notice the sweat and sighed "we are almost their hang in their" he would say to the man.

taking twenty as well