PDA

View Full Version : [Friend/Foe] Sisters of Pleasure

dorshe1
2007-03-06, 02:03 AM
Background:

"You can have anything you want... for a price." - Sister Terbon McTly

Known as harlots, prostitutes, and unclean women the sisters of pleasure have bases of operations in every major human city. Even the most tired traveler gets a small smile when he sees the sign of the Sisters of Pleasure. A black background showing a man and a woman intertwined in passion. While the rank and file of their membership are there to cater to more animal desires, the ranking officials within the organization realize there is more money to be made by trading in secrets and intrigue.

The overall goal for every organization is to infiltrate the major noble houses of their cities. From there they use their unusual position of trust to learn useful information, which is then sold to the highest bidder.

In addition to espionage, they also specialize in assassination. Although few would agree to use a dagger, there are other ways that are less noticeable. As most of their working women have diseases in various ways, it is not uncommon for them to attempt to pass sexually transmitted diseases as a stealthy way to kill a person. Even worse than killing the person, is killing the reputation. Another source of income comes from blackmail.

Makeup of local organizations:

75% 0 lvl commoner females. Cha 14 +
8% 1 lvl fighters (bouncers, may double as male prostitutes as needed)
2% 3 lvl fighters
5% 3 lvl rogue (females, cha 17+)
5% 5 lvl rogue (females, cha 17+)
1% 5 lvl wizard (bouncer)
2% 5 lvl cleric (remove disease anyone?)
2% 10 lvl rogue (male pimp, cha 18+)

Typical tactics for local organizations:

Purchase one large building in a run down portion of town and open the house of pleasure. They begin acquiring 'talented' women either by purchasing them, taking them from orphanages, and of course hiring them. This initial investment comes from the head group. Each individual organization keeps in constant communication with the head group so they can maximize the usefulness of their information.

Once a presence is established they will attempt to gain influence in the noble houses, usually it comes from 'special' arrangements with the nobles. They need to do this quickly in order to ward off any attempts from religious groups to keep them from forming.

Plot hooks for PCs:

Quests:
1. This person stole my .... please retrieve it for me.
2. This person is beating up my women. Please take care of them for me.
etc...

Doublecross:
1. They stop for a night of pleasure only to get magical items stolen from them
2. While in a drunken stupor they let slip their masterful plan to sneak into a local mages tower and steal treasure

Exotic:
1. 6 months after returning to the same house of pleasure one of the PCs learns that the woman he had is pregnant....
2. One of the party members is attacked after doing the deed by a jealous boyfriend, who he must now defeat naked and weaponless.

Headquarters:
Percentages as above plus:

Sister Terbon McTly - Human - NE
Bard 10
Str: 12 Dex: 14 Con: 12 Wis: 16 Int: 17 Cha: 20

Sister McTly was born in the capital city and had a rough life. Sold into slavery at a young age and 'pressed' into 'service.' She eventually became the favored treat of a young prince, she convinced him to get a considerable amount of wealth and run away with her. Unfortunately for the prince, he soon found out that he was expendable.

Although she admits that her current position is somewhat hypocritical she does not let that get in the way of her quest for coin.

Bad Bart - Human NE
Fighter 10
Str: 19 Dex: 12 Con: 16 Wis: 10 Int: 13 Cha: 11

Bad Bart was one of the bouncers at Sister McTly's original place of employment and he helped her escape with the young prince. Of course, he also helped her escape from the young prince. Since then he has been her most loyal servant. It has been rumored that the two are lovers, however, whoever spreads the rumors have a tendency to end up missing.

SpartacusThe2nd
2007-03-21, 06:47 AM
hey I like it...thou I dunno what is this gmae (For/friend).
I would like to hear more about the game everyone opens in this forum :P

HealytheHealslime
2007-03-26, 02:49 PM
hey I like it...thou I dunno what is this gmae (For/friend).
I would like to hear more about the game everyone opens in this forum :P

It's not a game, per say. It's a contest to see who can homebrew the best person/creature/object/group/whatever that can act as both a friend and a foe. That's what the words in the brackets stand for (There's more to it, but I'll go over it later).

In fact, this entire forum is dedicated to contests just like this. You see, every month or so a new contest pops up that people can enter to make entries centered around a theme, and after a while (about month, give or take a few days), people go to vote for the best entry, funniest entry, and so on.

This contest, however, is different from other contests in that this one has to be created around a specific campaign setting, called Tears of Blood. Usually in other contests creating an entry centered a specific campaign is frowned upon, but this time it's required. Pretty kooky, huh?

I believe you can find the board for the Tears of Blood campaign setting in the general Homebrew Board, just like this board. (It's a community-run campaign setting, just in case you didn't know.) It's still not quite finished, which is why they want an entire contest based around it.

How much you wanna bet somebody posts before me...