PDA

View Full Version : Get In Loser We're Going Shopping - SotVD

banthesun
2014-08-15, 07:51 AM
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/openingcomic_zpsb115cf3e.png
Kyoko poked her head up to Asami's bunk, standing on her tippy-toes.

"Hey Asami! Don't you think it's pretty dull around here? We should totally get everyone together and go shopping!"

Excited about her idea, Kyoko peeked over to the other bunk to see if Alice or Brianna were here too.

Kioku
2014-08-15, 08:10 AM
Kyoko poked her head up to Asami's bunk, standing on her tippy-toes.

"Hey Asami! Don't you think it's pretty dull around here? We should totally get everyone together and go shopping!"

Excited about her idea, Kyoko peeked over to the other bunk to see if Alice or Brianna were here too.

Asami rolls to the side to prop herself on one elbow with a bemused look. "Huh... well, it *would* be nice not to do laundry every three days. Sure, sounds fun! Want me to check the other room?"

banthesun
2014-08-15, 08:27 AM
"Ah, sure!" Kyoko paused for a moment, thinking through her housemates. "Hey, Lenora's family is rich or something, right? Maybe she could help out, like, if we're getting some stuff to decorate the dorm too? Er, not that I'd want to push the issue or anything."

Kioku
2014-08-15, 11:56 AM
Asami raises an eyebrow that seems to say "I don't follow," but instead of asking just shrugs and head out the door across to the other girls' room. "Kyoko wants a shopping trip with everyone, and I admit I traveled light coming here. Any of you for it?"

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-15, 12:34 PM
Curled up under the bedsheets in her bottom bunk, Miyuki turns her head and looks away from her laptop screen.

"You say we're going as a g-group? This is my chance..."

She closes her laptop and half-crawls, half-tumbles out the side of the bed, landing with her black hair in a tangled mess.

"T-tell her I'm ready," she says, getting to her feet and grabbing a backpack laying at the side of her bed.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-15, 02:51 PM
Tsubaki drops out of her bed behind Miyuki and gently places a hand on her shoulder. "Not yet you're not." The small warrior grabs her hairbrush and smiles to Miyuki. "My sister wouldn't let me go out places without brushing mine, I'm not letting you go out unkempt either." Her own hair was currently unbound, almost went to the floor and was nearly as tangled.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-16, 01:30 AM
Miyuki seems startled, at first.

"Y-you don't have to...!"

Her hasty protest trails off into silence, and she scoots backward to offer her long, messy hair up before Tsubaki's brush.

"Thanks, Tsubaki. S-sorry for the trouble. Please make my hair look a little nicer..."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-16, 02:12 AM
Tsubaki giggles as she gently brushes Miyuki's hair, being sure not to break any hairs as she does so. "It's not any trouble at all. You're a little timid and cute, so I've gotta do what I can to help you out. I'm your friend, after all." After a few more minutes, she has Miyuki's hair all brushed out.

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-16, 03:40 AM
Lenora comes back from the bathroom, enthusiastic, brushing her own hair carefully. "Did I hear... shopping? I know where to find the most stylish shoes in the city..."

Kioku
2014-08-16, 10:19 AM
Tsubaki giggles as she gently brushes Miyuki's hair, being sure not to break any hairs as she does so. "It's not any trouble at all. You're a little timid and cute, so I've gotta do what I can to help you out. I'm your friend, after all."
Asami laughs lightly and tries to straighten out her clothes with her hands. "Adorable is the word I would use. But as Tsubaki said; we're here for you!" She pushes her hair over an ear to see better, comfortable in the company of friends to not need it as a curtain.

Lenora comes back from the bathroom, enthusiastic, brushing her own hair carefully. "Did I hear... shopping? I know where to find the most stylish shoes in the city..."
"I dare say you did! Kyoko is organizing things, I think she's trying to get Alice and Briana while I'm over here. I was actually about to go looking for you." Asami fiddles with one of her gloves and frowns at a twig stuck in the netting from being outside earlier. There's a couple of leaves and a twig in her various other places too, but she pays them no mind. Something seems to catch up to her at that very moment that Tsubaki said before though. "Your... sister?" She looks a little lost in thought, for a moment, before she hunts down another brush and moves toward the pair. "Well, we're at school now, and someone needs to do it, right? May I?"

alchaos
2014-08-16, 12:16 PM
Alice was still sleeping a book over her face, when she was woken up by the general noise going around.

''Hmmm. Shopping ? Whaat ?''

Alice fell off the bed on th pile of book around her bed in a big "Thump".She got up very groogy and still half asleep.

When the others saw her getting downstair, she was half dressed,her glasses crooked on her nose with a book under her arm.

''I'm ready.Whhhhaaaaaaaaa.''

She said in a yawn.

oblivion6
2014-08-16, 01:46 PM
Brianna almost flew out of bed, startled by the noise and general activity of the room. She still wasn't used to roommates - only child and all and used to having her own room. A quick look around her bunk made her laugh quietly. Her laptop was still open and the Suikoden III Manga and artbook lay next to it. What had she been doing when she had fallen asleep? She tried to avoid sleep as much as she could but when she did crash, she crashed hard, it didn't matter what she was doing.

She was still a bit groggy when she surveyed the rest of the room and the other girls in here. "What's going on?" she managed with a yawn.

banthesun
2014-08-17, 12:58 AM
Kyoko's hand flew to her mouth as her roommates got up, she hadn't realised they were sleeping!

"Oh! Uh, sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up!" She paused for a moment. "I was just suggesting it might be interesting to go for a shopping trip, it looks like it should be a nice day."

Alice seemed to be enthusiastic about the idea, but, well, she didn't quite look ready to go out. Kyoko gave a small smile, and tried to be diplomatic about her appearance.

"Uh, it's probably going to be a little bit before we go, so you've got some time to get ready! I'll have to change, at least."

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-17, 01:20 AM
Miyuki fidgets nervously and blushes as she's cleaned up a bit.

"A c-cute girl, huh...?"

Her embarrassed expression soon turns into a bemused smile as she takes in the situation itself. Getting her hair fixed up before a shopping trip... she certainly hadn't wasted any time in finding herself your classic bunch of girl friends. She glances over at Asami's hair, and can't help but notice the missing side of the impending triangle.

"Hey, Asami. D-do you want me to, uh... never mind. It already looks nicer than what I can manage."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-17, 01:57 AM
Tsubaki tosses her brush onto her bunk. "I... Okay, but first, I should change out of my pajamas." She steps up to her chest and flips the lid open. Setting aside the clothes she wants to wear, she strips down to her undergarments, the injury on her leg still there, but not nearly as bad as when she moved into these dorms. Her body had a strange lack of scars despite the fact that such injuries were common to her. Pulling a roll of bleached cotton out of a small container in the box, she wraps it around her chest with precise, quick movements. "I have a little sister back home. She's always scolding me for eating out too much or not maintaining my appearance enough." Putting on a pair of black sweatpants with flowers up the right leg, she continues explaining a bit. "It's not too bad though. She'd visit every once in a while. My father rented out an apartment here for me for a while until I joined up in this." She quickly puts on a plain white shirt and the matching hoodie that goes with the sweatpants before returning to touch up Miyuki's hair and let Asami do hers.

oblivion6
2014-08-17, 03:19 AM
Brianna yawned again as she started to crawl out of bed - putting away her laptop and book first, of course. "I'm not much of a shopper. But I suppose I'll come along. Fresh air might do me good." another yawn. "I won't be long."

It didn't take her long to decide what to wear. In the end she had decided on a plain black t-shirt, a pair of faded jeans, a sweatshirt - just in case - and the teal pendant on a silver chain that was never far from her neck. It wasn't trashy by any stretch but the outfit had clearly seen much use over the years. Perhaps too much use. She ran a brush through her straight, shoulder-length brown hair while she waited for the others, again spending not much time on it. By the end of it, while she didn't look trashy or unkempt, the amount of time she had spent picking out her clothes was evident.

CGDG
2014-08-17, 05:39 AM
In the kitchen, Callum is busy making breakfast and setting the table. Up since the crack of dawn, he went shopping for ingredients for breakfast. With the quiet thumping of feet above his head, Callum quickens his pace in the aspiration of having the food ready before anyone makes it downstairs.

A small bundle of plates and napkins are laid out on the table, but no silverware. Atop all the small plates sit dried, deep fired banana wedgs and an onion spotted bagel, sliced horizontally in half and stuffed with a slab of grilled tuna, cappers, cheese and a minute portion of scrambled eggs.

With a glance above his head, he mumbles to himself,

"I wonder what they could be doing up so early. There wasn't even time to finish breakfast."

Looking back into the kitchen at several large grocery bags strewn about the counter, he concedes,

“There’s always lunch.”

With a heavy sigh he grumbles,

“I guess I better put all that away before Levi removes himself from solitary, or I might get a sharpened toothbrush in the neck.”

Going through the cupboards, all filled to the brim with food, he ponders,

“But where…”

alchaos
2014-08-17, 07:06 AM
Alice, after the comment about fixing her appearance finally finished waking up .

''Aahhh.Sorry,sorry.''

She was blushing as she ran up the stairs to finish dressing up before departure.

Kioku
2014-08-17, 11:38 AM
Asami plucks a leaf out of her own hair and glances with bitten lip at the torn shirt she's wearing while waiting for Tsubaki to change, but shrugs and starts trying to use the brush once she's back. I'll just replace it today anyway, she thinks to herself, almost missing Miyuki's half-question. "I don't mind if you want to try... I'm out of practice brushing anyone else's, so I'm not one to complain," comes the reply.

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-17, 03:42 PM
As always, by the time she's ready, Lenora just doesn't look like she needs to go shopping.
Fortunately (or unfortunately?) though, her attention seems to be mostly focused on the the other girls...
"Miyuki, Alice? You both would look great in little white dresses with a touch of colour, you know. Do you already have any? If not, we should absolutely look for something for you! Don't you think so, Brianna?"

alchaos
2014-08-17, 07:22 PM
Alice seemed surprise to hear Lenore talking to her.

''Whiite?No blood or ichor doesn't wash up well from that.Did i said that outloud?''

She quickly put her nose back behind the cover of her book (Skingame by Jim Butcher).

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-18, 12:26 AM
Miyuki tilts her head at Lenora's question.

"White d-dresses? I don't own any of those. Y-you think I would look nice in one...?"

She twiddles her fingers, with a little grin on her face.

"Heh. If you s-say so, maybe I should try one on. Um, if you could help me pick one."

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-18, 03:01 AM
"Of course I'll help you! I've got an eye for these things. You... wait, blood and ichor..?"
The girl turns awkwardly in Alice's direction. "Is this one of those things where it's better for everybody that I pretend I didn't hear it...?", she asks, as if she was the one who'd missed a social cue.

oblivion6
2014-08-18, 03:24 AM
Brianna raised an eyebrow at Alice's comment. Well, that was rather interesting. Why does that sound oddly familiar though?

"That book any good? I don't believe I have read one yet - though I am familiar with the author." She asked, thinking it wise to change the subject.

banthesun
2014-08-18, 04:03 AM
After a short time getting ready, Kyoko met up with everyone downstairs. She came down just in time to hear Alice's comment, and froze for a moment.

Guh, why are persona users so creepy...

Doing her best to ignore that, she smiled at the group. It looked like the group might be considering her to be the leader, since she'd suggested the trip in the first place. Hopefully someone else would know some good places to go, since she'd only moved in recently. Lenora seemed to have some ideas, so Kyoko mainly addressed her.

"Um, I don't really know any places around here yet. So, uh, does anyone have somewhere they'd like to go? I don't really know the area yet..."

alchaos
2014-08-18, 06:05 AM
''The book ? It's good,very good.Thought if you want to start reading them,i must have the first one somewhere.I'm a member of the library comittee,so if you want to start reading, i know a few interesting one.''

She was talking quite animatly,without stuterring or blushing for once.

Kioku
2014-08-18, 09:39 AM
"Ah... sorry, I'm pretty new around here myself. I wouldn't know where to find new clothes." If her worn shirt is anything to go by, even after cleaning up, there's pretty much no doubt that she speaks the truth. "Lenora, you said you might know somewhere? Or was that just shoes? Ah, but then again, we should probably find something cheaper than your kind of fashions as well." Asami flicks her gaze to Alice with a small smile as she talks about the book with such excitement and files the information away for later.

"As always, by the time she's ready, Lenora just doesn't look like she needs to go shopping." <- I took this as a time skip to once we're all finished getting ready and grouped up, about to leave, but I'm not sure if it was meant that way of if anyone else took the same meaning.

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-18, 10:31 AM
"Cheaper?"
It takes a couple seconds to sink in.
"Oh, oh, yes. Sure. Okay. I see. I must know a shop in your price range. What's your price range?", she asks, grasping for clues.

Yes, that implied a timeskip, sorry.

Kioku
2014-08-18, 10:53 PM
Asami suddenly looks very self-conscious and sways on her feet. "You know... don't worry about it, I'm sure I'll find something wherever we go. I have a little more saved than expected since the school paid for uniforms and the dorm and scholarship covers a food stipend. You know, in retrospect, I should have been suspicious about that... it's probably to do with persona, hasn't it? Err.... Hey, let's get breakfast on the way out!" She flees to the kitchen, nearly colliding with Callum. With a quick spin to the side she slips past him and comes to a stop. "Sorry! You went shopping? Need help putting things away?"

Mokou-tan
2014-08-18, 11:38 PM
Tsubaki starts to follow after Asami, but stops at the door and turns around. "Come on Miyuki, we should eat too. You have to have your three square meals after all, right?" Tsubaki's hair was still down, either forgetting to tie it up with her usual ribbon or deciding to just leave it down today.

CGDG
2014-08-19, 12:06 AM
A little bewildered by the collision, Callum takes a minute to shake away the quaking in his cranium.

"Uhh...sorry?"

With a swift quaver of his head, he finds himself again.

"Oh, ya. I go shopping every morning, bright and early, when the vegetable and meat are fresh and I've got first pick."

With a gander at the others and the food, he introduces the meal.

"I wipped up some breakfast sandwiches. They are grilled tuna steaks with a mustard glaze and scambled eggs with sharp cheddar between two freshly baked onion bagels."

His toothy smile fades momentairily, replaced by a look of defeat and humiliation.

"The...the bagels aren't homemade. I bought them." he admits, adding quickly, "But, I made banana chips!"

After introducing the food, he asks,

"Where are you all going, so early?"

oblivion6
2014-08-19, 12:40 AM
"I'll definitely keep that in mind, Alice," Brianna said with a slight smile. She has good taste in books if she likes Jim Butcher. I wonder who else she reads.

Her smile grew a bit wider at the the mention of breakfast. She was always hungry. Before she left though, she turned back to Alice. "I'm curious now. Who's your favorite author?"

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-19, 12:52 AM
Miyuki tags along behind Tsubaki, almost marveling at the sight of her own hair so neatly brushed.

"...Yeah," she replies, with a quick nod. "I'm k-kinda hungry."

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-19, 02:44 AM
The bespectacled girl follows the small group to the kitchen and listens to the menu.
To be fair, the breakfast does look good.
More for show than anything, Lenora picks up one bagel with pseudo-suspicion, takes a careful bite, chews and swallows dramatically, before announcing slyly, having never planned to give bad criticisms in the first place: "This breakfast is officially Hepaunton-approved! Very nice."
Between two bites, she explains in a single word: "Shopping!"

alchaos
2014-08-19, 06:52 AM
''Jim Butcher followed by Robert Jordan,till he died and his series with him.Who's yours?''

She asked with a big smile and eyes sparkling behind her glasse.

banthesun
2014-08-19, 07:53 AM
Kyoko followed the girls into the kitchen, thankful to avoid the awkwardness of discussing price ranges.

Between two bites, she explains in a single word: "Shopping!"

"Yeah, we were thinking of going out to do some shopping today, though I don't really know the area," Kyoko said with a shrug.

Callum had been cooking a lot since he'd moved in, but Kyoko was still a bit uncomfortable taking his food. She picked up one of the sandwiches and glanced at Callum. His description had sounded pretty extravagent.

"Are you sure this is okay?" she asked.

Kioku
2014-08-19, 09:11 AM
Asami shudders a little at hearing what's in the sandwiches, but lightens at the banana chips and tries a few of them. Deciding it won't be quite enough, she also retrieves a plum from the fridge and nabs a couple slices of wheat bread to butter while giving a baleful glare at the toaster. "For new clothes, specifically," she appends to Lenora's answer. "Though I've no idea how long we'll be. I've never gone shopping with anyone but family before, and that never took long, so maybe this... who am I kidding, there are seven of us; it looks to be an all-day affair."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-19, 01:08 PM
Tsubaki nonchalantly grabs one of the sandwiches for herself and takes a bite. "This is pretty good. I heard your tone of voice when mentioning the bagels, though. Don't feel bad about taking shortcuts, making good food is a lot of hard work. If you can take shortcuts and still make it taste this good, be proud of it." She takes a couple more bites, obviously enjoying it quite a bit. "Miyuki, you should try one of these. Unless you're a picky eater, I suppose. Though, if you're unsure, you can try a bite of mine." Tsubaki figured if it's this good, she absolutely should share to make sure people got to try it.

CGDG
2014-08-20, 02:43 AM
"Clothes shopping, eh?" Callum ponders to himself.

"Mind if I tag along?" he asks.

"I need some new formal duds and I'm not really the best at picking that kind of thing out. I could really use the help; I don't even really know where to look for formal clothes."

Gabbing his tumb over his shoulder, he jestures to a computer on the counter in the kitchen.

"If I'm not buying food, I buy most of my stuff online. Good formal duds need to be fitted, though, and I don't trust my own instincts."

oblivion6
2014-08-20, 03:14 AM
''Jim Butcher followed by Robert Jordan,till he died and his series with him.Who's yours?''

She asked with a big smile and eyes sparkling behind her glasse.

Hmm. Good choices. Brianna thought to herself.

"Fine authors you named, but David Eddings and R.A Salvatore are my favorites, I think. Though I have recently been reading a lot of Jonathon Moeller's books. Self-published and all so good amount of typos but still wonderful books if you're not picky."

alchaos
2014-08-20, 06:50 AM
''I've never read books by David Eddings,i'm know what i'm going to buy now.So are we going people?''

Then she blushed after realizing what she just said to everyone.

Kioku
2014-08-20, 11:15 PM
"Mind if I tag along?" he asks.
Asami gives Callum a look over, mentally imaging. She glances to the other girls for direction, unsure if this is supposed to be open invite or a "girls' day out" as she's heard of before, and doesn't want to alienate anyone. "I think we... could?" She slowly nods. "Could find you a kimono and a western suit. If you meant that you wanted both, to be prepared for all occasions." Her confidence slowly grows and a smirk crosses her face at a comment left unsaid.

oblivion6
2014-08-21, 12:23 AM
''I've never read books by David Eddings,i'm know what i'm going to buy now.So are we going people?''

Then she blushed after realizing what she just said to everyone.

Brianna smiled. "I own all of his books. No need to buy them unless you like them - which you will - you can borrow mine." She started for the door. "I'm going to find some food before we head out."

banthesun
2014-08-21, 02:13 AM
Kyoko wasn't too thrilled that Callum had asked to come along on the shopping trip. She'd been imagining it as being something of a girls day out, despite never really having done something like that at her old school. She glanced over the group, hoping one of them would speak against it for her. She caught Asami's eye, and Kyoko felt Asami was probably thinking the same thing. Whatever Asami was thinking, she obviously didn't want to be in the awkward position of having to refuse Callum's request, so Kyoko hid her hesitation with a smile.

"Sure, that should be fine," she responded.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-21, 10:22 PM
Tsubaki nonchalantly grabs one of the sandwiches for herself and takes a bite. "This is pretty good. I heard your tone of voice when mentioning the bagels, though. Don't feel bad about taking shortcuts, making good food is a lot of hard work. If you can take shortcuts and still make it taste this good, be proud of it." She takes a couple more bites, obviously enjoying it quite a bit. "Miyuki, you should try one of these. Unless you're a picky eater, I suppose. Though, if you're unsure, you can try a bite of mine." Tsubaki figured if it's this good, she absolutely should share to make sure people got to try it.

"I'm n-not too picky... let's give this a try."

Miyuki shuffles over, picks up a sandwich, and starts eating with a subtle smile of satisfaction. She glances in Callum's general direction and nods, then finishes her breakfast. She listens to the conversation around her and quietly perks up at the mentioning of books, but ultimately just makes her way to Tsubaki's side and mumbles a question.

"H-hey, Tsubaki... d-do you have anything you're thinking about buying today?"

Mokou-tan
2014-08-21, 10:29 PM
Tsubaki leans in close to Miyuki's ear. "Yeah, actually. I'd actually like your help picking it out. Don't laugh at me okay?" She was whispering her words and took another quick look around to make sure nobody was listening in. "H-help me pick out some manga. Something with magical girls in it specifically..." Tsubaki blushed as she finished her sentence, ready for impending laughter at her request.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-21, 11:22 PM
Rather than laughing, Miyuki simply lights up at Tsubaki's request.

"Th-that's...! Tsubaki, I didn't think you were...!" she whispers, keeping her voice down as best as she can. "S-sorry! I'll d-definitely help you with that. S-so, magical girls. Do you l-like the genre? Are you just g-getting into it?"

She blushes with a bit of embarrassment at her own enthusiasm, but she seems genuinely happy.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-21, 11:48 PM
Tsubaki smiles, relieved that Miyuki agreed to help. "Yeah, when I first moved out here I was living in an apartment my father rented out for me and my sister stayed the night for a few nights to help me get accustomed. She brought over a magical girl anime and had me watch it with her. After that I bought a couple series and if you look under the books in my chest that look like stuff I'd read, you'll find the manga." She has an excited look to her eyes, still keeping herself quiet enough not to be well overheard. "You're welcome to borrow anything in there, just if it's my girly manga, don't let others see you take it out."

CGDG
2014-08-22, 01:30 AM
Asami gives Callum a look over, mentally imaging. She glances to the other girls for direction, unsure if this is supposed to be open invite or a "girls' day out" as she's heard of before, and doesn't want to alienate anyone. "I think we... could?" She slowly nods. "Could find you a kimono and a western suit. If you meant that you wanted both, to be prepared for all occasions." Her confidence slowly grows and a smirk crosses her face at a comment left unsaid.

"I hadn't really considered a kimono," he says, now those in thought.

"I'm not against it, but I might stand out a little too much. I'm not sure if it's culturally acceptable for me to wear one. I'm not Japanese."

After a moment of consideration, he only becomes more confused.

"Should I get a kimon? Is it necessary?" He asks, now clutching his head with his eyes now closed, suffering from imagination sensory overload.

Shaking away the on-coming headache, he adds,

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anti-social, but I'll probably bolt after I get clothes. I'll need to take pictures and pass them along to my family for approval."

Kioku
2014-08-22, 01:54 AM
"Hmm.... I don't think you'll be going to any weddings, or anything else that you'd need one for. Men's kimonos are pretty simple and can be cheap if you get them second hand, but you'll be fine without one if you don't want to feel awkward about the cultural side of things." Asami ponders a bit before nodding and finishing eating, and signals that she's ready to go.

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-22, 04:41 AM
"I used to have a friend who was really into magical girls because her father is the publisher of some big series out there, and she got tons of manga for free. Like Heart Chaser Soldiers, but I can't remember if the manga's still going on, you might know more about it", ponders Lenora, not caring to judge Tsubaki for her tastes - not this time anyway. "I'm not really into that, anyway. What's the appeal with magical girls?"

alchaos
2014-08-22, 03:42 PM
''No idea,but as interesting as this conversation is, don't we have a mall to get to ?''

Alice took out a book and went to read on the porch to wait for the others to be ready to depart.

banthesun
2014-08-25, 04:14 AM
Alice's comment snapped Kyoko's attention back to the trip. She hurriedly stuffed the last bite of the sandwich into her mouth, misjudging the size a bit, and made a muffled noise. After a few seconds of embarressment, she swallowed, and addressed the group.

"She's right! We should probably be leaving soon if we don't want to miss the bus!"

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-25, 05:51 AM
"Oh right, the bus!"
Lenora also hurries up.

-----

Arrived at the city, the rich girl automatically drifts toward a clothing shop whose products are quite out of the league of most of the group. "Great shoes here! Let's take a look. This is also where they sell the cute white dresses I was talking about."
As soon as they notice the group, the employees seem skeptical and nervous, but as soon as they see Lenora, they relax tremendously and silently greet her with a nod.

alchaos
2014-08-25, 07:12 AM
''Clothes? Not really my thing.''

Alice muttered under her breath,while following Lenora to the clothe store.Alice seemed more interested in a few platted skirt and some muffler in the back.

Kioku
2014-08-25, 08:28 AM
Asami gives Lenora a weird look when she starts going on about magical girls for no apparent reason. And why is she addressing Tsubaki when talking about it, in particular? "What's the appeal? What isn't? Besides, they're a lot like us and what we do in a way, aren't they? Kyoko is right though, we should talk about this on the bus."

--- --- ---

At the entrance to the store Asami freezes, looking around at the interior and backing away as if realizing that her very presence offends the store and everyone in it. There's no way I can go in a place like that... She makes a sneaky dash to the outside of the doors and looks around at the other stores in the area while waiting for the others to finish here.

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-25, 08:57 AM
Miyuki follows Lenora into the store, as if skulking in her shadow.

"T-this stuff looks pretty expensive... I g-guess it wouldn't hurt to try one or two on, though. I'll just f-follow you."

She looks nervously around the store, and quickly picks up on the reactions of the employees there.

Is Lenora some kind of celebrity around here...?

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-25, 09:50 AM
"Good day, Ms Hepaunton. What are you looking for today?", asks one of the employees.
"Oh, I'll just have a look at your flat shoes, thank you. My friends", she says, gesturing towards her schoolmates, "are going to see what you have in stock. I was thinking about the selection of white dresses from Carmina for them both, over there, so if they're still interested..."
"Certainly, a good choice."
The girl walks further into the shop. "Come on, Miyuki! Alice! Don't be shy! Go and try what you like."

Mokou-tan
2014-08-25, 02:03 PM
Tsubaki locks up at the fact that Lenora noticed. She'd been so careful not to get caught. She reached for her naginata instinctively, but it wasn't there. Of course it wouldn't be, she was just going shopping, she wouldn't need it. Then everyone started leaving, Tsubaki following behind Miyuki. Saved by time. I must be more careful in the future.
------

Tsubaki nonchalantly walks into the shop, looking at the selection of clothing. "Dresses that make movement annoying, clothes that tear easy and shoes that look good." As she speaks she bends over and looks at the prices on a couple items. "Woah, too rich for my blood." She walks over to Miyuki with a slight smile and leans in to whisper in the girl's ear, not wanting to embarrass her. "I don't know if you've done clothes shopping in a while, your three sizes should be about **-**-** from top to bottom. Before you ask, I figured it out when you were getting ready for bed. I'm good at figuring those things out." Tsubaki stepped to the back of the group to avoid notice by the employees. I hope that wasn't rude, I just wanted to make sure she could go pick up clothes in confidence.

CGDG
2014-08-25, 10:16 PM
Seeing everyone rushing out, Callum shouts,

"Wait! I need to..."

He stifles himself before he finishes and quickly races after the others, apron still strung over his front.

--------------

Looking at the others poking around at clothes and again at all the shops, Callum mumbles to himself,

"Wow...I am way out of my element."

A Rainy Knight
2014-08-26, 05:40 PM
Miyuki blushes at Tsubaki's assessment of her three sizes, but nods in gratitude, gulps, and walks forward into the shop at Lenora's cue. Nervously glancing at the employees around her, she makes her way to a display with a frilly white dress and simply stares at it.

"I wonder... w-would I look good in this?"

She looks back toward Lenora, as if for guidance.

banthesun
2014-08-31, 03:31 AM
So this is the kind of place Lenora shops?

It made sense, but Kyoko was still a bit uneasy. She'd noticed the look the shopkeeper had given them when they'd walked in, and it had been more or less what she'd expected. What hadn't been expected was how completely their attitude had changed when they'd seen Lenora. How often did she come here? Kyoko felt painfully aware of the difference between them, she'd never even tried visiting a shop like this before! She fell back to where Tsubaki was discretely browsing, trying to stay out of everyone's way while Lenora fussed over Alice and Miyuki

-----
((I didn't hear any objections to my drawing, so I'm gonna presume Lenora eventually gets the two to try on some outfits. If anyone has other ideas let me know and I'll cut out the next section))
-----

When the girls emerged from the change rooms, Kyoko couldn't help looking up from the rack of clothes to check out their outfit. Alice looked like, well, Alice, just in a really nice dress, but whatever Lenora had done for Miyuki, well, it had worked. She looked like she was ready for a formal ball (well, aside from still looking like she'd had no sleep). Kyoko though she looked almost infuriatingly cute, standing before the group of girls. She'd have to try one of these dresses herself.

"Wow! Those are really nice dresses! I wonder if I should try one on..."

Kyoko subconciously looked to Lenora as she said it. She mentally kicked herself, this store was having an effect on her...

Mono Vertigo
2014-08-31, 05:32 AM
Lenora, satisfied to have managed to shove her new friends in - or closer to - these dresses, claps her hands together. "Great! It looks even better than I'd imagined! The frills really compliment your silhouettes! Go on, Kyoko, Miyuki, give them a try. If you see something else, go ahead and try it on, too."
She tries on a pair of black and white flat shoes. "Where do you shop for clothes usually?"

alchaos
2014-09-01, 06:19 AM
''Thanks for the clothes.''

Alice paid for two muffler and one skirt at the counter.

''I need to check my prescription, i'm going to the glasse store. Later.''

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-01, 06:35 AM
Even the cheapest clothes here are expensive, which is why the salesperson all smile when Alice pays for her stuff.

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-03, 07:26 PM
Miyuki glances down at herself in the dress and turns from side to side, as if taking herself in from multiple angles.

"I, uh... I d-didn't really go shopping at m-my old school. Um, ever. I just wore whatever M-Mom bought me, since I was only wearing it at home, anyways..."

She finishes looking herself over, and smiles a bit.

"Th-this isn't too bad, though... I'm k-kinda cute! I m-might try on another one, s-since we came all the way here."

She browses around the section a little longer and ends up trying on a light blue sundress next, walking herself over to Lenora for a second opinion.

"How's this? The w-white's hard to beat..."

CGDG
2014-09-03, 09:34 PM
Having wadered off on his own, not wanting to intrude into "girl time", Callum finds himself in a seperate shop. He fumbles around with a variety of clothes and fabrics, with multiple sales people handing him peices of clothing and demanding he try them on. The interwoven chattering of the sales-peoples' insistence that the attires are fantastic and should be bought, rises to cacophonous proportions. Standing in the middle of a swarm of shop assistants, wearing a mishmash of clashing colours and clothes, Callum shouts:

"HELP!!"

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-04, 02:24 AM
"It looks very nice, too! You've got the eye for it."
The rich girl processes what Miyuki just told her. Her expression is unwavering, she still bears a faint, melancholic smile, even when she asks finally, without an ounce of mockery or haughtiness, only a belated realization: "... you guys can't actually afford what's here, isn't it? Huh, did you just hear someone cry out for help, or is it just me?"

Kioku
2014-09-04, 02:46 AM
From her position hiding outside the store that the others went into, Asami blinks and turns her head in the direction of a cry for help that she's *sure* that she just heard. "... Nani?"

---

After a fairly significant wait (at least, as it felt to her), Asami sees her companions exiting the store. She waits until they're fully clear of the view of those inside it before swiftly and silently emerging from her hiding place. "Eto..." She waits until at least a couple of the party notice her. "Could we go somewhere basic really fast? I don't want to embarrass you all, so I thought I'd get something to change into for the rest of our trip..." An observational person may get the sense that she'd have asked to borrow a set of clothes earlier, if not for the size difference.

banthesun
2014-09-04, 07:43 AM
After selecting a dress in her size, Kyoko ducked into the changeroom to try it on. Checking in the mirror, she was impressed with how it looked. It didn't fit as well she'd like, but she thought it still looked really pretty on her. She burst out of the dressing room with a little twirl to show off to her companions, keeping her left arm behind her back but presenting herself with a wave of her right.

"So, what do you think?"

As she waited for their replies she checked the tag of the outfit. How much could something like this really cost...

Noooooooo!

It just wasn't fair, how could it end like this? Trapped. Trapped with no way out. The assistants had all seen how enthusiastic she'd been, she couldn't just slip out without them noticing now. No, they were waiting hungrily, demanding a price Kyoko just couldn't pay. Why had Lenora taken them to this place, was it all some diabolical plan? Lure them in with beautiful dresses, and then spring the terrible price right when their guard was down? Oh, what had she done to deserve this?

Kyoko lingered in the dressing room changing back, gathering the strength to admit she couldn't afford the dress, before peeking out. Hearing Miyuki talk about her old wardrobe made Kyoko realise Miyuki probably didn't even recognise the danger she was in.

The rich girl processes what Miyuki just told her. Her expression is unwavering, she still bears a faint, melancholic smile, even when she asks finally, without an ounce of mockery or haughtiness, only a belated realization: "... you guys can't actually afford what's here, isn't it? Huh, did you just hear someone cry out for help, or is it just me?"

The fact that Lenora apparently didn't even realise how ridiculously expensive these clothes were only made things worse. This mightn't have been some kind of ploy to make them look pathetic, but this meant that it'd be even more embarrassing to admit how far these clothes were out of her price range. But before she could stop herself, Kyoko had nodded a wordless response back at her. Kyoko could feel the blush spreading all across her face when she heard Callum's cry.

Ahh, someone else in trouble too... Wait! That's a rescue!

"Uh, I should check that out," Kyoko improvised, putting down the dress and hurrying towards the exit.

-----

Kyoko approved of Asami's suggestion. After finishing up at the expensive store going somewhere cheap would definitely be a relief. She did wonder about Asami's comment about 'embarrassing them' though. Kyoko had just assumed she had an odd sense of style. Was she not so keen about her outfit. Regardless, somewhere basic sounded like a welcome change.

"I'd be okay with that," she replied, voicing her approval.

alchaos
2014-09-04, 01:22 PM
Alice was in the glasses shop neighboring Callum clothes shop.When she heard his cry for help,she went to see and burst out laughing at the scene.

''Need some help ?''

CGDG
2014-09-04, 10:03 PM
By the time anyone comes to investigate, Callum is backed into a corner, hurriedly throwing off the clothes he had be forced to try on and enticed to buy. His faces slowly changes colour from pale ivory to violet as he is apologizing profusely but becoming increasingly irritated that he cannot escape.

"It’s very nice, thank you, but it’s out of my price range.” He says to one, handing them a dinner jacket.

“It’s lovely, really, but I’m not sure it’s the right size. NO! I don’t….YES! Check the back, please.” He says to another, passing them a shirt and tie combination, praying they don’t return.

“I like the vest, but the colour is too flashy for me. I know you have other; I don’t really need a vest, I think, but thank you.” He rattles off quickly, passing a shiny vest to another shop assistant.

The chattering of the shop assistants and sales people grows louder, as they continue to talk over one-another and push clothing and hangers towards Callum.

Seeing Alice at the entrance to the shop, he pleads,

“They’re worse than shadows. What do I do!?”

Seeing one shop assistant turn towards the entry way, Callum quickly yells,

“Oh no! They’ve seen you. Save yourself!”

After that, in an attempt to draw the attention of the sales people, he shouts, pointing off to a far corner of the store.

“How much is that powder blue tuxedo!”

The shop assistants all hurry off the check the price, hoping for commission, and Callum takes the opportunity to race out of the store, adding, at break-neck pace as he leaves,

“It’saverynicestore, thanks, I’llbebackagin,byenow!”

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-05, 05:59 AM
Lenora leaves the shop last, with no new shoes or new anything this time.

-----

She finds herself trotting behind Callum. From the shouting, she deduced he was talking about the vendors from whichever shop he was running away from. "You're aware they're not here to bite you - and even if they wanted to, they'd get fired, and can't afford to lose their job in this economy, right?"

Mokou-tan
2014-09-05, 06:33 AM
Tsubaki follows after Asami. "Good luck making me embarrassed to be around you. I'd just hit anyone who gave you trouble. I might be able to find something I can wear at a cheaper store. I'm not about to shop in the children's section in that fancy one."

Kioku
2014-09-05, 06:59 AM
"Ah! I was hoping to find one of these!" After a few minutes of walking, Asami spots a secondhand store known for high trade-in volume and half price sales the first Sunday of each month. "Perfect. I'll be right back, you... don't have to go in if you don't want to." She dashes into the store and immediately goes for a "500¥ or lower" rack. "Let's see... this could go with... and I could probably... oh, I could cut up these two to make three..."

alchaos
2014-09-05, 04:43 PM
Alice followed Callum,since much of her shopping was already done.She had a bag with some clothes and receipt for a new pair of glasse that should be ready next week.

''So what are you looking for ?''

CGDG
2014-09-05, 09:42 PM
Callum looks at Lenora momentarily, replying between sighs of relief and deep gasping breaths of air,

"They won't bite me, but have seen the prices? They'll maul my wallet to ribbons and I'll be stuck eating instant noodles for the next month! Instant noodles woman!! I N S T A N T."

He ends, extending each sylable of the the final word, as if instant noodles were some-how toxic or used as a form of Soviet torture.

Catching hs breath, he turn to Alice, responding,

"I need some new formal duds. I've got my blue dress and the accoutrements, but I need something more low-key; something I can wear to normal dressy-uppy parties."

With a far-away shimmer to his eyes, he adds,

"Oooooh! And a pocket watch!"

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-06, 06:19 AM
Lenora winces, believing the instant noodle argument to be perfectly rational.
"Oh-- oh dear. No, instant noodles won't do."

banthesun
2014-09-06, 06:26 AM
When Asami ducked into the store, Kyoko turned and glanced at the other girls. Kyoko felt Asami was acting almost like she didn't want to be shopping with the other girls. Was she shier than she'd originally seemed? Kyoko followed her into the shop.

Inside, the range was pretty impressive, and they seemed to stock a lot of retro clothes. Everything was secondhand (or made to look like it was), but was generally in pretty decent condition, and everything looked like it had been fashionable at one point at least. Kyoko thought it would probably take quite a while to check out everything the store had.

She spotted Asami going through a bargain rack near the back, and wondered if that's why she'd been being so coy. Kyoko resolved to try and figure out what was going on with the girl though, and mosied her way on over.

"Uh, this place seems pretty cool. Do you usually go to places like this?" she asked, sidestepping the question.

alchaos
2014-09-06, 06:41 AM
''A pocketwatch ? ''

''He's late,he's late,hihihi.''

Alice seemed to ponder that a little.

''I've got an old one at the dorm,it needs fixing thought. Do you want it ?I can lend to you for a while.''

CGDG
2014-09-06, 08:58 PM
''A pocketwatch ? ''

''He's late,he's late,hihihi.''

Alice seemed to ponder that a little.

''I've got an old one at the dorm,it needs fixing thought. Do you want it ?I can lend to you for a while.''

"That would be fantastic..." Callum says, his voice fading in volume as he speaks. A little hesitantly he adds, "but I've never fixed up a watch before; I'm really more of an armorer than a mechanic."

After a brief period of thought and waving of his fingers, as if dragging around objects on the blue screen from Iron Man he asks,

"Would it be alright if I some personal touches to it? I won't break or remove anything. I'd just like to reinforce it, maybe with sheet metal to act as a shield over the body of the watch. It'd keep it safe from harm while fighting, and we could inscribe a coat of arms for our..."

Then he stops a moment before asking,

"Are we a club or a team or...Do we already have a coat of arms? I'm not good at drawing; I'd need someone to sketch it out for me first before I could add it to the watch."

Recalling he doesn't yet own a watch, he waves his hands in the air apologietically,

"I mean, if that's alright."

Lenora winces, believing the instant noodle argument to be perfectly rational.
"Oh-- oh dear. No, instant noodles won't do."

Callum ponders outloud,

"Regardless, I do need some new formal clothes. I suppose I could go dumpster diving for meals..."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-06, 09:13 PM
Tsubaki walks backwards towards Callum upon hearing his suggestion of dumpster diving. "The twins stock the kitchen, and it looks like you're assigned to my group next. You won't go hungry, I always buy enough to share." Tsubaki stepped away to look at clothes near Asami, not willing to hear any objections to or thanks for her offer. "What do you think of this?" She held up a purple hoodie with butterflies on it in front of her for Asami to judge.

Kioku
2014-09-06, 09:36 PM
"Uh, this place seems pretty cool. Do you usually go to places like this?" she asked, sidestepping the question.
"Hmm? I suppose... Usually I just get the raw materials actually, fabric and thread, and then make whatever instead, but I kind of need something to replace what I've got with right now." Asami glances over with bitten lip in a quite embarrassed look and pulls the second cheapest shirt off the rack without even checking the fit. "This'll do. I can adjust it later. Now something to replace this skirt..."

Tsubaki stepped away to look at clothes near Asami, not willing to hear any objections to or thanks for her offer. "What do you think of this?" She held up a purple hoodie with butterflies on it in front of her for Asami to judge.
Asami tilts her head appraisingly. "I like it," she replies, nodding slowly. "The look of it anyway. I don't know if it'll ever get cold enough to need it." She spots a pair of mostly-intact jeans that look about her size and starts reaching for them.

banthesun
2014-09-07, 07:46 AM
"Hmm? I suppose... Usually I just get the raw materials actually, fabric and thread, and then make whatever instead, but I kind of need something to replace what I've got with right now." Asami glances over with bitten lip in a quite embarrassed look and pulls the second cheapest shirt off the rack without even checking the fit. "This'll do. I can adjust it later. Now something to replace this skirt..."

Kyoko felt awkward continuing the conversation, but she wanted to know what was going on with Asami.

"Wait, so you made your outfit yourself?" she asked.

Kioku
2014-09-07, 09:02 AM
Her clothes don't look the least bit home-made, but "yes?" is Asami's answer, her expression that of a suddenly lit deer. "I usually like to work with something more durable or climate-appropriate than I had for these, but I didn't know where the school was when I was making them, so..." She shrugs sheepishly. "I was hoping to use the school sewing machines at some point, but I've got a hand kit too just in case. When I have the chance I want to get a whole lot of linen, and some linen-cotton blend. 80-20 if possible, but I'll take 60-40. It's a lifesaver in the heat and humidity we'll be having here."

banthesun
2014-09-07, 11:32 AM
When Asami seemed to be getting more and more agitated, Kyoko raised her hands apologetically. She was starting to feel bad for pressing Asami on the issue.

"Uh, I don't really know that much about sewing, my mum handled stuff like that for me. I was just surprised, I thought your clothes must have been bought. I mean, I didn't think they looked handmade or anything," Kyoko stammered out, unsure of what to say to Asami. She backed away, trying to make it clear she didn't want to continue to make Asami nervous.

alchaos
2014-09-07, 08:13 PM
''I would prefer if you didn't modify it too much. It's an heirloom from my grandfather,it still got the message ''From Maria with love'' from my grandmother graved inside. As for repair i know someone.You wouldn't have it until next month thought. ''

Alice seemed to remember some fond memories while talking to Callum.She had a small smile on her lips while talking.

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-08, 04:37 AM
It's Lenora's turn to feel uncomfortable in a shop.
She quizzically takes a look at the content of a rack. It costs how much? At this price, it's going to fall apart within a month. This one is ugly. This one must have been made by children in Bangladesh. This one was made by children in Bangladesh. This one doesn't look half bad, but the buttons were shoddily sewn. This one...
Needless to say, she gives up quickly, feeling too awkward to give the clothes another try. She rejoins Asami. "You sew? Oh, nice!"

CGDG
2014-09-08, 07:52 AM
Tsubaki walks backwards towards Callum upon hearing his suggestion of dumpster diving. "The twins stock the kitchen, and it looks like you're assigned to my group next. You won't go hungry, I always buy enough to share."

With a grateful smile, Callum expresses his gratitude with a simple,

"Thanks Tsubaki. I don't want to burden anyone."

''I would prefer if you didn't modify it too much. It's an heirloom from my grandfather,it still got the message ''From Maria with love'' from my grandmother graved inside. As for repair i know someone.You wouldn't have it until next month thought. ''

His mouth agape for a moment, he begins to shake his head so rapidly it looks like it might fall off,

"Oh. OH. Gosh no. No, no. I won't meddle with it, then; I promise. Family is important and family heirlooms should be cherished. I'll guard it with my life."

alchaos
2014-09-08, 09:23 AM
''Well i've finished my own shopping.If anyone looking for me,i'm going to be in the food court reading.I should have news for the pocketwatch later this week.''

Alice walked over to the central food court and sat down reading the first Wheel of Time book.

Kioku
2014-09-08, 09:23 PM
Kyoko seems uncomfortable... "Ah, sorry, I was rambling, wasn't I? Anyway, I've got what I came here for. And I do, Lenora, yes." Asami flashes a smile. "Actually, I don't think any of you have seen me in store-bought clothes yet, besides maybe the school uniform. Of course, that's because I've been trying to dress more... anyway. Shame that I have to change that today, but things will be back to normal once I have a shot at the school's sewing machines if we hit a fabric store before leaving. Ah... if there's anything you'd like made or fixed, I'd be happy to help with it. Help by teaching and guiding, I mean." With that, she's reached the counter and swiftly pays for the clothes in coins that she digs out of her bag, then rushes to the changing rooms to swap into them.

She's trying to imply that she wanted to 'look her best' when first meeting everyone. The simple fact is, store-bought clothes are generally much cheaper than the fabric required to make their equivalent. It's only 'nice' clothes that are cheaper to make, or clothes in exceptional sizes, or custom-tailored clothes that might not exist in stores or on mass production lines. So, she's been wearing 'nice' clothes so far, to make a good impression, and usually tries to do so.

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-08, 11:07 PM

Back at the fancy shop, Miyuki glances at the price tag on the white dress she tried on before, and goes paler than usual.

"Eep! T-this is..." She holds the dress carefully, as if frightened she might damage it and end up paying for it. "W-well, it was f-fun trying it on! Now I'll just s-spare my wallet..."

banthesun
2014-09-13, 08:26 AM
As they were finishing up at the second hand shop Kyoko continued the conversation.

"Hmm, I think it's cool that you can make your own stuff. One of Mari- uh, a friend from my old school was really into that kind of stuff, but the stuff she made didn't really look as professional as your clothes. I didn't see any need to replace them"

As long as Lenora doesn't choose anymore stores, that is...

Feeling a bit more confident, she asked "Uh, actually, I've been wondering what's with the arm things?"

---Some Amount of Shopping Later---

After having spent the morning visiting whatever shops they'd come across, Kyoko had picked up a couple bags of casual clothes from various sales and was beginning to get tired of walking. After letting out a sigh, she turned to address the group.

"Hey, why don't we take a break for a bit. We could stop at the food court and see where we still want to go! Oh, maybe Alice is still there too!"

Mokou-tan
2014-09-13, 10:55 AM
Tsubaki looks at Lenora with a neutral face that turns into a smile. "That actually sounds like a great idea to me! I already have the clothes I need and no real reason to dress up. I do want to buy a garlic plant later though. I need the leaves."

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-13, 02:29 PM
"Sure. Who here cooks, by the way? And what kind of cuisine? I can't cook, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying good food."
The truth is more along the lines that she doesn't cook.
So much untapped potential for mouth-watering delights or deadly dishes. Let's not kid ourselves, the dishes would likely be deadly.

Kioku
2014-09-13, 07:14 PM
Feeling a bit more confident, she asked "Uh, actually, I've been wondering what's with the arm things?"
Asami puts her hands on her arms gently, and just shakes her head. "Nothing really. I just like them, it adds texture."

---

"Sure. Who here cooks, by the way? And what kind of cuisine? I can't cook, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying good food."
Asami giggles at Lenora and gives a small wave. "If you mean cook without heat, or something I can just set a timer and leave it alone, I can. More so though, I'm fairly certain that Callum's display in the kitchen was indicative of something."

CGDG
2014-09-15, 01:39 AM
Callum shrugs nonchalantly, but his blushing and the lack of focus in his eyes shows he’s a little uncomfortable with the attention.

“My family is a little chaotic. My dad travels a lot for work and my mother is probably more deadly with a spatula than a crossbow. It’s against the Geneva Convention to let her cook. My older sister will eat pretty much anything and her cast-iron stomach means she can endure my mom’s cooking, but my younger sister is very picky. Someone had to pick up the slack.”

More comfortable after giving an explanation, he looks at Lenora, quite happy with the conversation topic and enquires,

“Why do you ask?”

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-15, 04:44 AM
"Getting to know each other, that's all. Though we already knew you were a good cook, Callum!"
It's her turn to talk about her family, she takes it. "My parents don't cook. I don't believe my father could, he was not the kind of man who does. I don't cook, either."
And it was already over and very boring. Quick, add something tangentially related to the subject. Something sensible that won't emphasize the class difference.
"... I... err... I like making myself toasts once in a while. Especially with foie gras..."
Wait, foie gras is expensive. Abort!
"... fffFffried vegetables."
That doesn't sound very good.
"... fffrench ffri... no, no, no."
Socializing is hard.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-15, 05:49 PM
Tsubaki laughs at Lenora's attempts to sound normal. "Don't worry about it, Rich-girl. We get that you grew up different than us. You really shouldn't try so hard to sound like something you're not. It just makes you look silly. I myself can only really make basic food. My sister cooked for me when I lived at home and when she was helping me get used to the apartment I lived in before I moved into the dorms. I can afford to go eat places though, so it's not a big deal. Some foods can even be eaten raw, so that's a bonus."

banthesun
2014-09-16, 05:35 AM
Kyoko couldn't help but giggle at Lenora's distress. It was a bit embarrassing that Lenora was apparently censoring herself for them, but it looked like it was more embarrassing for her. Kyoko was glad Tsubaki was the one reassuring her.

"So Callum can cook better than all of us? That doesn't seem right..." Kyoko paused for a minute, thinking. "Hey, I bet if we all pooled our skills we could make something pretty good! We should have a cook-off sometime, all of us versus Callum! To prove we can cook!" she suggested.

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-16, 06:30 AM
Lenora blushes furiously, but states deadpan: "I don't see what you are talking about!"
She jumps on the proposition: "A cook-off? All against one? Fairer than it sounds, if it's against the guy who cooked what we had today. I've never done it, but I've seen how to cook meat and fish perfectly, so hopefully, I'll remember the details."

CGDG
2014-09-17, 03:17 AM
Callum chuckled warmheartedly.

"I have to admit, I like that idea. I have to admit, I can't cook Japanese food very well. That's something I still need to learn."

Tapping his left index finger against his chin, he adds,

"I wouldn't mind learning some new things and it's wouldn't be a bad idea for me to train some sou-chefs. I can take care of breakfast by myself, but dinner for a dorm this big could get difficult and get in the way of trainningor studying come exam time."

banthesun
2014-09-18, 03:10 AM
"Excellent! It's decided then! We'll have to organise a time for it later it later"

Kyoko made a mental note that Callum didn't know how to cook japanese food, that could give them an edge

"Anyway, lets figure out where to go next! I'm not really sure where you could get a garlic plant... and did someone mention wanting to go to a bookshop, or was I just thinking of Alice?"

Kioku
2014-09-18, 03:40 AM
Asami blinks rapidly, watching the exchange about a cook-off. "Decided? Did everyone here just get pulled into this? We're going to end up with way too much food..."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-18, 03:54 AM
Tsubaki waves her hands in front of her. "Hey, I told you that I can only cook basic things. There's not a chance we'd win with my skills." She sighs as she tries to think of where she wants to go. "I can manage the garlic plant myself later, I suppose. I'd like to go to the bookstore though. My little sister keeps telling me she wants me to try out this 'gothic lolita' style or whatever, so if any of you know where I can find that stuff, I'd like to see it and pass judgement to her before she tries to dress me up again..."

CGDG
2014-09-20, 09:13 PM
Callum puts his hand up, as if asking permission to talk in class, before speaking,

"I get up early in the morning to go shopping for fresh meat and vegetables to cook with. A garlic plant is the easiest thing in the world for me to get. If I can't get my hands on one, we can just grow one from an extra clove of garlic. It's super simple."

banthesun
2014-09-21, 01:52 AM
"Eheheh, come on, it'll be fun!"

Kyoko grinned mischeviously and rubbed the back of her neck. She'd deliberately jumped in before anyone could object, and she was feeling rather cheeky now.

Might as well make the most of it!

"Here! You don't have anything, so you can help carry this!" She says, presenting her bags to Callum. She'd been carrying all her purchases in her right hand, and the handles had all gotten tangled together, and she thrust the whole bundle at him.

"Hmmm, that 'gothic lolita' stuff is a Harajuku thing, right? I dunno, but I think we could find something round here. I think I remember seeing a bookshop or something earlier though, so we could totally stop there next."

-----At the bookstore-----

When the group reached the bookstore, it became immediately clear why it had stuck in Kyoko's memory. Large posters advertising an event for some book with a very long name plastered the storefront, and a crowd had gathered around a table near the front.

"Woah, it wasn't this crowded when we went by earlier, was it? We should probably stick together if we're going in."

So I took the liberty of introducing a new complication to the 'Miyuki and Tsubaki buy magical girl manga' subplot. Hope it makes things more interesting. :smallbiggrin:

And feel free to continue the conversation before the break, I'm just trying to increase the density of the thread. :smallsmile:

(If you want, you can even add new location breaks!)

CGDG
2014-09-21, 09:24 PM
Callum accepts the bags with a sigh and mumbles to himself,

"Yep, just like home."

Kioku
2014-09-23, 11:26 AM
Asami spares a pitying glance for Callum, but can't really do anything more with the various stacks of cloth arranged in bags that she's burdened with. "Short break... hey, does it occur to anyone else that we'll be *living together* for at least the next year or so? I for one intend to see quite a lot of each of you and wouldn't mind sharing some history as a better foundation. Where's everyone from?"

---Bookstore---

"Eep... do you suppose there's a signing going on or something, or just general excitement? Either way it should be less crowded once we get inside, past all this."

CGDG
2014-09-26, 07:00 AM
Following the other, Callum catches the conversation and begins to join in before being overwhelmed by the sight before him.

"I'm originally from --- Jesus Christ!"

Realizing what just came out fo his mouth, he recovers a couple seconds too late.

"Uh...I mean, I'm originally from Canada. I travelled a lot with my folks and spent most of my high school years in England, in bording school. Trust me, not as cool as the TV shows make it seem.
"
After a brief pause he adds,

"AND, there are an unbelievable amount of people in that store."

Mono Vertigo
2014-09-26, 08:15 AM
"Another North American! I was born in California, but I moved permanently to Japan before I started going to school. My mother is Japanese American, and my father signed a big contract with one of the biggest Japanese electronics company back then, that's why."
The thick crowd makes Lenora a bit uneasy. She does her best to stay close to the few people she knows, and kind of mumbles, complaining about it.

CGDG
2014-09-26, 09:05 PM
Callum perks up a big at the mention of North America and California.

"Ha, nce. I don't mean to sound like a dork but where-abouts in Cali? I was always jealous of the weather their. I'm originally from northern Ontario. The weather their sucks, but sometims I still miss the cold...not often though."

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-26, 09:10 PM
Miyuki balks at the crowd, but soon draws close to Tsubaki and discreetly whispers to her.

"I've got n-no idea what's going on here, but... d-do you still want to go look for that manga?"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-06, 06:04 PM
Tsubaki grabs onto Miyuki's side and smiles. "It's a lot of people, but it's for manga, Miyuki. Surely you understand why we have to get it. Don't forget to grab something for yourself, my treat."

banthesun
2014-10-12, 12:31 AM
"Excuse us! Excuse us!"

Squeezing into the bookstore was trouble, but Asami had been at least half right; the crowd was definitely thinner inside, but there were still a lot of people. Kyoko didn't feel free to break away from the group while there were so many other groups browsing the manga and light novel sections, so she turned back to Tsubaki.

"Ahh, what was it you were here for?"