PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Wanting to make a throwing Incarnate looking for suggestions

Talionis
2014-08-15, 01:33 PM
3.5 Non Pathfinder, game. Unsure on the rest of the party. All books and sources okay.

I really was trying to make a throwing incarnate. I've heard that Incarnates can make really good throwers, but with the really low BAB, I wasn't sure how to build one.

I'll be able to be flexible and fill a lot of different roles, but it need something to do in combat, thus throwing.

I'm probably going to get a Skillful Weapon eventually (Complete Arcane) to give him 3/4 BAB with that Weopon, so I might need to think what could help with plus Trips.

Maxing out three non Incarnate Soulmelds to increase my ability to Trip. Soulborn s Mauling Guantlets are a huge bonus. Sphinx Claws is a Totmist Soulmeld and Cobalt Expertise is a Incarnum Feat.

Feats
Mauling Guantlets
Sphinx Claws
Cobalt Expertise
Combat Expertise

That should give huge bonuses to Strenth based trip attempts.

I've sort of fallen in love with the Setting Sun maneuvers because they let me throw opponents a really long way, but quickly I'm running threw a ton of feats. I'm also trying to think of good ways to attack from a distance once the opponent is thrown.

I also really like the idea of getting the capstones in Incarnate.

Option one is just opening with a level of Swordsage and taking the Able Learner feat at level one. It allows for a ton of skills at level one for my Incarnate Soulmelds to enhance and adds a ton of skills to the Incarnates terrible skill list. Of course this pushes me to eventually take another level of Swordage, but that would keep me from getting my Soul Chakra open. It might be fun to get Assasins Stance and the feat Hamstring so that once I throw my opponent, I've reduced his land speed in half so he has a hard time getting back to me.

Regardless I will probably get a pair of Slippers of the Setting Sun, I think I can add that mod to Incarnum Focus shoes so I can still bind Soul,LEDs to my feet.

Option Two is waiting to take the first Swordsage level at level Nine. This grants two usable throws and a recharge mechanic. It helps less with Skill addition and probably makes it worthless to take Able Learner feat at level one.

Option three find some way to "throw opponents some decent distance" without adding a level of Swordsage.

I can probably take Mighty Throw as a feat and then take Devastating and Comet throw as feats getting Soaring throw threw the scholarly Setting Sun item. Giving me four throws to use, but at the cost of three feats.

I'm really trying to keep the character as Incarnate as possible. I'm curious of there is a simpler way to "throw opponents" other than Setting Sun maneuvers?

I know the Psionic Astral Vambraces can grant Improved Trip.

Talionis
2014-08-16, 09:09 AM
Am I not thinking about something I should be?

What/how should I attack opponents at range with the setup above?

Vaz
2014-08-16, 09:13 AM
With ranged weapons. Totemist gets that natively through Manticore Belt. You can do so with your natural attacks via Bloodstorm Blade 2 - but if you're so sold on natural attacks, why don't you become a Totemist anyway?

Alternatively, pick up Gauntlets of Endless Javelins.