PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker (no evil PCs)

Pages : [1] 2

Grimtina
2014-08-15, 04:28 PM
Out here, Restov seems to be just a faint memory already, and you aren't that far gone yet. The South Rostland Road you have traveled is the last reminder of civilisation, so you were told, and indeed you haven't met many people. But this may also be due to the constant bandit threats and, for the last few days, the annoying drizzle of rain that won't let up. Spring or no spring, the rain is still cold enough to bear reminders of winter. The road is muddy, and those of you without horses are happy enough now about the squeaky old cart and the mule provided to draw it. Someone in Restov had borrowed the cart from the trading post, and was happy enough not to have to return to give it back.

The animals are tired, it is slow business walking in this weather. As if to spite you, the wind picks up, too, and of course it is blowing in your face instead of aiding your walk. But the wind also brings with it a scent of smoke, a solid fire burning somewhere ahead of you, and as you crest the next small hill, you finally see it.

As they sent you off in Restrov - as early in the morning as possible, and as sovert as possible - they've told you to meet up at Oleg's Trading Post, as he is the one suffering most under the bandits. That means, he has to deal with them a lot more than anyone passing through as they keep coming back. But other than that, info has been sparse. It's not even been clear if the trading post was still standing. It is a relief to see if still is, and it doesn't look like there has been any damage yet either.

Oleg’s Trading Post (http://www.krath.org/arania/Kingmaker/olegs.jpg) is located at the southern edge of Rostland, and thus Brevoy. To the south, the green line of the Narlmarches looms only a few miles away, although it is hard to make out in a weather like this. The gate to the post is open, but of course no one is out in this weather. The tables in the middle are civered by a wide wooden roof, though, and a fire is burning in there as well as in the house. A few wares are covered with sacks to protect them from drifting rain.

Just as you ride in, a woman emerges from what must be the outhouse behind a ladder up to the walkway, on your right. She hurries under the shelter of the trading area's roof and waves to you. "Come on in," she shouts. "You look like you can use a warm up."

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 04:47 PM
Julian looks up from the reigns of his wagon.
Thank you good lady. You are a life saver.
He turns the horse to steer into the trading post.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 04:47 PM
A young girl, robes designed to her small figure covered in sequins with a sequined hat, enters into the town on a small pony, dragging a staff twice as large as herself, backpack full of stuff, and a grin on her face as she rides the pony into town.
At least... She tried.
She ended up falling off on the final stretch of road, right outside the building.
"Pshflyjophthishmylmbk."
She quickly begins to stumble upwards, trying to maintain as much of a semblance of dignity as a 10 year old half-elf could manage to muster, as she proudly entered the building, following behind the waggon, her pony following behind.
She quickly tried to see if she could climb utop the wagon... To fall on her face.
She hears laughter in her head as she uses her oversized staff to pick herself up, trying to maintain what little dignity she had left, as she tied her pony up to a nearby post, and sat by the fire, laying her quarterstaff behind her and sitting down by it, enjoying it's warmth. She slowly pulled out a loaf of bread, laying it on the ground and pulling out a dagger, as she slowly cut off two slices with it.
Her child voice rung softly in folks ear, "Create for me my tool for fire."
She weaved into existence a small item, a pair of tongs with flat sheets of metal at the end. She laid down two pieces of the bread, before placing a piece of cheeze down there, as she closed it up and held it over the fire, as she began a countdown.
"One Mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi, four mississippi."
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 05:05 PM
A large grins splits Osrick's face as he begins to re-bundle his blanket to his pack.
"Hope they have a lantern in stock, maybe a stove. My poor cold fingers might find their way to my throat if I send them through that cold again."

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 05:30 PM
Alexander marches forward, even though he isn't using a horse he seems unaffected by the weather. This march isn't so bad, the pace is slow, it isn't winter, and we haven't come under attack yet. He looks on with amusement as the child falls. But why is there a child here? I'll ask later. He walks into the building after the child and sits at an unoccupied table. He sets his bags on the ground, then draws his musket and puts it within easy reach. "That was a fun little march wasn't it kiddie?"

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 05:39 PM
[Current location: Right of A1]
She continued to count down.
She idly looked over her shoulder, before spotting the young man, seeing his finely crafting armor, his canteens, and his excellently crafted Warhammer. She's read stories about adventurers, and knew what they should be armed with, and that fit the bill well enough. A smile crossed her face as she waved at him, "There's a fire over here, come over!
She turned back to the fire, and continued counting down; "Twenty, nineteen, eighteen..."
[roll0]
She looks over to Alexander, "Well... Not really. Was wet and my pony didn't like it."

A raven flew over, landing atop her shoulder, and stared at Alexander.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 05:50 PM
Setting down his pack on unoccupied section of bench, Osrick warms his hands by the flame.
"Missi... missy, sippi? That elven?" He eyes the bird, brow raised, before glancing about. He shifts from foot to foot, alternating his boots to be near the flame as he takes cursory stock of the walls and buildings.

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 05:56 PM
Julian swings down from wagon and walks over to the others. He is wearing his noble outfit, the heavier raiment wearing him down. He sits down, groaning a little as he stretches his legs.
The weather will be what it will be. Rarely do events work out perfectly.
He looks over at Kate.
Child, tomorrow, if the weather continues, you should ride in my wagon. It is too cold for one so young.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 06:00 PM
She smiled at him, "Can my pony ride too?" she said, idly removing her device from the fire as it slowly vanished, dropping two slices of toast with melted cheese between them into her lap, a smile across her face as she picked it up and began to eat it.
she shrugged at Oswick"Mn, learnt it from my master, mn, mrph mra something his taught him or something, I don't really know."
She continued to eat her grilled cheese, looking over to the adventurers, "Are you guys here for the bandits?" she asked, her wizard hat reflecting a mild orange tinge from the fire.

The raven continued to stare, before fluttering over his head, and rotating the gun away from the fire, before staring at the man again.
"Firearms aren't that good to have out, you know." it said menacingly, before flying up into it's face, "IS IT LOADED?"

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 06:06 PM
Osrick jolts away from the raven as it speaks out, one of his belt pouches nearly catching flame as he bats it out with his gloves.
"What the?!"

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 06:07 PM
The pony wouldn't be very happy in the wagon. Not very much space. However, I'm sure he would be glad to walk alongside or behind it. That should protect him from the wind.
He looks over at the raven.
Intelligent bird you have there. And it gives good advice, sir. We are safe here, there is no reason to have weapons out.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 06:13 PM
The young girl looked disapointed at the man, before nodding, and then spotting her familiar's behavior.
"MR FLUFFYKINS!"
It stopped instantly, before flying over to her shoulder, a shameful look on his face.
"... He still shouldn't have his gun out. Or have flammable things in his pocket." he begrudingly said.
She nods at it, before looking around.
"So... mind mentioning why you guys are here? Are you my adventuring party?!" she asked in excited tones, almost bouncing up and down in glee.

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 06:33 PM
Julian smiles
A great kingdom is going to rise. I have been sent by Shelyn to guide them.

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 06:35 PM
Alexander watches the bird attempt to move his musket with mild amusement. "They are better out in case you need them, than packed away where you cannot reach. And of course it isn't loaded, that is considered rude AND the rain would have ruined the cartridges. And everything is flammable with enough effort Raven." He turns towards the small boisterous child. "I was hired to kill bandits yes. Could it be a child such as yourself was too?"

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 06:53 PM
She smiled with glee, "Yep, I'm your wizard! Sorry my master couldn't come, he said he had something else to do, so he sent ME instead!" she said.
She looked at Julian, "Make a city?..."

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 07:02 PM
Julian nods.
That's the beginning of it. After all, to permanently control the bandit problem, a kingdom will need to be established.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 07:07 PM
She paused for a moment.
"Well this'll be harder than expected." she said.

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 07:07 PM
"When they said pay me to kill bandits, I kinda stopped listening to tell truth. Cities aren't exactly my forte, unless we sack one."

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 07:13 PM
The old seer smiles.
We shall see. People change in response to need.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 07:20 PM
Osrick gives a slight nod at Julian's words, calming himself down since nobody else seems distressed by the raven. "So this project has a god backing it?" His eyes are wide and his mouth doesn't quite close when he's done speaking.

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 07:26 PM
Do you think any endeavor of weight can be undertaken without attracting the attention of one of the gods? They are hardly distant. After all, some of them were once mortals themselves, such as the Lucky Drunk. And Shelyn has a strong base of worship in Galt, and this endeavor will ease pressures upon their border.
Julian's tone is academic, as though anyone of his age should be aware of these facts.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 07:33 PM
"... That's more than I thought. This adventure might be more difficult than I thought..."
[roll0]
She looks over to the Oracle, "So, where is everyone from? And... What's your name, you sound like someone well taught?"

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 07:35 PM
Julian Lebeda, of House Lebeda in Brevoy. And I have done little for the past century besides read.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 07:44 PM
"Wow. You're old." she said, staring at the oracle.
"I spend most of my time improving my magic!" she said with glee.

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 07:45 PM
Huh, you've been around a hundred years? You look pretty good for it. Got elf blood? And where is the owner of this place, shouldn't he have popped up by now?

Smileybastard
2014-08-15, 07:52 PM
Azeron

Azeron enters the trading post looking as pleased as when he set out in the morning even though he has travels the whole way by foot.

He thanks the welcoming woman and listens to the banter silently.

"I am Azeron, representative of Iomedae and Kyonin."

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 08:08 PM
Not Elven. Celestial. Angel of the Flames.

I forgot to post a description of Julian
Julian is short, thin, and very pale. His solid orange eyes look as though they contain a living flame, and his hair flickers in the light, though it sheds none of its own. An ornate staff rests across his lap, and fine clothing is draped around him. A jeweled dagger with the crest of House Lebeda is sheathed at his waist. His shadow seems to move, even when he is still.
Also, his voice has the unusual trait of sounding like it's telepathic. It isn't, it just sounds like it. Aasimar variant racial appearance items: Awesome++

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 08:21 PM
The child smiles at Azeron, "I'm Kate Myned, apprentice to Robertson the wizard, daughter of Janet Myned the noble bard, pleasure to meet you!" she said with glee, the introduction obviously rehearsed.

Looking at the oracle in surprise, "Really? So you're part celestial?" she asked.
She paused.
"Well. You look magical, It makes sense. What's a Angel of the Flames?"
[roll0]

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 08:33 PM
Osrick blinks heavily and his jaw works up and down silently, soundlessly mouthing "Angel" to himself.
He gives a dazed nod to the newcomer before noticing that he too looks like he could have stepped out of a church's tinted window. He decides he needs to sit down, and does so. He grabs one of his canteens, his fingers fumbling with the cap for but a short moment before he takes a sip and tilts his head back. He studies the ceiling briefly before swallowing and replacing the cap. He clears his head with a quick shake and places the canteen with it's metal base touching one of the warm rocks of the fire-pit.

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 08:36 PM
The priests called them the Peri. Angels of Fire and Redemption.
Julian looks back over at the cart.
Excuse me, there is something I need to do back in the wagon.
He makes his way back over to the wagon, clambers in, and sits down. He takes out a brush, spreads a piece of paper in front of himself, and dips the brush in ink before entering a trance.

Alright, this has a 1 hour use time. I'm using my Automatic Writing ability, which emulates Augury. Question: Is staying here a good idea?
90% chance of an accurate answer which we don't get to see.

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 08:45 PM
"Angels and talking Ravens. This is going to be an interesting posting."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 08:52 PM
"Too right." Osrick pulls off his glove and wipes his hand on his knee before standing. He offers said hand for Alexander to shake. "Osrick Smithe, but most I work with call me Oz."

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 08:56 PM
Kate nods.
"Yep." she nods, looking over to the fighter, "You sound experience: is this a good adventure to start with?" she asked confused.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 09:03 PM
Osrick stands stock still, hand still out to shake. His eyes, like those of a deer in the lantern light, turn to Kate.
"Er..."
He glances at Azeron, then at Julian, then finally back down to Alexander's gun. He blinks. Slowly.
"... Yes?"

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 09:07 PM
"Okay!" she said with a smile, giving the burly fellow a hug, "So... I don't know your names! What are they?" she asked everyone else.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 09:19 PM
A lone bead of sweat goes down the side of his face. He looks at the raven before haltingly patting the small girl's shoulder.

"Ah, call me Oz... Ms. Kate." Osrick clears his throat and uses his un-gloved hand to check the warmth of the canteen.

Pelor
2014-08-15, 09:39 PM
Bringing up the rear is a tall and lithe, jet black Catfolk. Even more odd is the fact that she is riding a horse. A Cat on a Horse? Sounds like something that should be in the circus. Regardless she makes sure her animal is stabled, and taking care of before making her way inside. Besides, the cold didn't bother her as much as others, she hard fur afterall. She enters Oleg's and finds a place near the fire, but somewhat away from the others. She would much rather observe them than talk to them. She does ask the lady at the bar if she could have some hot water. If provided, she will pull a bit of tea out of her bag and enjoy a little warm tea. Finally deciding to be amicable towards the other she greats no one in paticular. "This one is called Syvera. Glad to make your acquaintance."

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 09:45 PM
She looked at Oz in confusion, "Whats wrong?"
Kate looked over, and stared in surprise at the catfolk.
"It's a cat!" she said in surprise, "But looking like a lady."
[roll0]

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 09:55 PM
Osrick nods to the newest arrival before answering Kate.

"Ah, nothing. Everything's fine. Just a lot of new faces, lots and lots of new-" Osrick looks briefly at the catfolk, then to the wagon presumably housing the concentrating Julian. "-faces." He pulls the canteen up, apparently satisfied with it's temperature, and sips slowly. He sits once more on the bench and leans back into the table, his canteen held loosely in his lap and his elbow supporting him. "Gonna be a big day."

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 10:14 PM
[roll0]
"Are you SUUURE?" she asked.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 10:24 PM
Osrick takes another sip and nods. "Mmhmm."
He reaches into a pouch and withdraws what looks to be a chunk of dried fruit. He pops said fruit into his mouth, chasing it with another sip and cheeking the liquid.

You may get a hunch that he seems overwhelmed, perhaps intimidated by present company.

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 10:35 PM
She looks at him, and hugs him.
"It's okay. At least you'll be the sane one."

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 10:36 PM
"I'm Alexander. I'll save the pleased to meet you for once I get to know ya. This adventure might continue for quite some time kiddie, But I suppose fighting bandits is a better start than a war. Whatcha got there Oz?"

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 10:43 PM
He swallows and opens his eyes. "Cider and apple jerky." Oz deftly moves his canteen to not be sandwiched between his knee and the affectionate kid. With his free hand he removes the pouch and offers it to Alexander. He gives a wan smile to Kate. "So you said your master sent you in his stead?"

The Vagabond
2014-08-15, 10:49 PM
"Yep. Said I was the best wizard he's ever seen, so he decided I should have a adventure."

dupersudi
2014-08-15, 10:58 PM
Alexander takes a small bit from Oz's pouch. "Thanks friend." Alexander shares a suspicious look with Oz after hearing about Kate's master. "Well, at least you're in somewhat capable hands here."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-15, 11:13 PM
"So what kind of magic can you do so far?" Osrick casts a mildly disapproving glance at the large staff she was hefting earlier.. "Do you need something that big to do it?"

Calenestel
2014-08-16, 01:47 AM
The door opens once more to let in the latest, and maybe the last, member of the party gathering in the outpost. This one is an elf maid looking maybe some twenty and change years, if she had been human. As an elf it's of course a fair bit harder to guess her age.
She is, however, supremely beautiful and graceful. Raven black hair, curling slightly from the damp, frames a perfectly symmetrical, heartshaped face with big, sapphire blue eyes and a very kissable mouth who seem to never stop smiling. And she is dressed in snuggly fitting purple and gold robes (that shows off more than hides her figure without exposing an inch of skin) reinforced with supple black leather to better withstand the rigors of travels under a purple cloak glistening from the damp but carrying a few strands of hay as well. Pulling off a pair of gloves of the same black leather as the bodice of her robes and not really looking up she says out loud: "I stabled the horses, Julian! Had to do it myself because-"
Looking up she notices that her traveling companion isn't in the room and her smile actually does disappear momentarily as she frowning sweeps the room with her gaze. "Oh, blast it. Where has he gone now? Has any of you seen a man with fire in his hair and and a overly pious look on his face?" A few men who seemed to know how to handle themselves in a fight, a girl (half-elven by the looks of her). She recognized the cat woman she had seen in the stables, that one she had kept studying while she wasn't looking. Not out of curiosity for her race, well mostly not, but because the fera had seemed to know her way in a stable much better than she did herself and she kept copying what to do from her.

But no Julian. Where had he gone?

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 02:13 AM
Alexander turns his head towards the new arrival. "Aye miss, he went back out to his wagon. Pray tell your name miss, mine is Alexander Zhukov."

Calenestel
2014-08-16, 02:26 AM
Giving the soldier a friendly smile the elf tucks her gloves in her belt already carrying a scroll case, a pouch, a case of some sort and more. Smiles and fine clothing or no the young woman seemed ready for adventures. "Oh. Well, that's fine then. Thank you, sir. I think I'll stay here where it's warmer, though."
She gives Alexander, and everyone else, a quick and courtly but hardly subservient curtsy before gathering her cloak closer to ward of the chill. "My name is Anasia. Anasia Amakiir. Pleased to meet you all."

And with that she moves up close to the fire, giving the half-elven girl a curious look. She was conjuring? That would explain why a child was allowed to come along for the campaign, but raised even more questions than it answered... The girl was gifted, however, that she must admit.

Pelor
2014-08-16, 06:23 AM
Syvera sips her tea and takes in the sites. She is a mix of perplexed, bewildered, and amused at the child that has been sent into such a dangerous place. To herself she thinks, [This one must keep an eye on the young human. She will either be iron, tempered by fire and pressure, or forever removed from this place. Either way, she will not remain young and innocent for long.]

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 07:59 AM
"The most poweful spell I have so far is Magic missile, but I know five spells and four cantrips." she said with a smile, "And the Staff was a gift from my teacher, said that it'll be useful for smashing Raider's heads in, and it's infused with MAGICAL ENERGY(Gee, gee, gee)! " she said, mimicking the sound of an echo. She idly begins to cut another two slices of bread, and another hunk of cheese, placing the cheese between the bread, she muttered "Create for me the grilled cheese," crafting into existence the same device as before, which she then proceeded to place the sandwich in, and held over the fire.
"One mississippi, two mississippi..."

Grimtina
2014-08-16, 10:12 AM
(you are outside the house btw, it's more like an open fireplace with a roof)

A burly man appears from the house, carrying several loafs of dark bread. "Welcome everyone," he shouts. "I'm Oleg, the more or less proud owner of this trading post. My wife will be out with hot soup in a moment and..." He trails off, stating at Kate. "Why is there a child dressed up as wizard around?"

Smileybastard
2014-08-16, 10:30 AM
Azeron

"Hello Oleg." Azeron bows. "I am Azeron.

"The child is a wizard as I understand it. Personally I find it odd as well, being not human, but there are many strange things here." His eyes drift from the musket to the cat-girl on a horse. "Such is our world."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 10:44 AM
"Ms. Kate here says her master thinks she's ready for some on-the-job-training. I'm Osrick, glad to meet you and your wife. I'll be doubly glad to meet that warm soup."

Calenestel
2014-08-16, 11:18 AM
Sharing the trader's doubtful way of looking at the child wizard Anasia none the less just shrugs and gives Oleg smile and a nod. Not a curtsy but her friendly smile makes it a corteous greeting one nonetheless. "Greetings, master Oleg. Warm soup would be most welcome. Would that perchance be fresh bread as well? I will pay for it, of course. And for ale for the grownups and milk or somesuch for our wizard apprentice here."

Might as well start off on the right foot to begin with. Even if a few of the gathered adventurers prefered something else than ale most people appreciated generosity.

Grimtina
2014-08-16, 12:00 PM
Oleg lifts the plate of bread he carries and grins. "I've been on the road often enough to know how welcome a meal is at any break of the journey. And no worry about payment, if you help us with the bandit trouble it will more than pay for anything." He glances once more at Kate. "Wizard, huh? Well, she's got a big staff..." Obviously kind of stumped by this situation, he shakes his head. "Yeah, we have plentiful different folks here. Just a few days ago a fox and another cat and a wolfman came through. A kit-su-ne she said she was," Pronouncing it right was obviously practiced. "Pathfinders, all of them, we felt very honored. Anyway let me check on the soup," he says, putting the bread down. And then we'll need to see where to put you up, we only have four guest beds but I can make additional space with some bales of straw in the stable. My horse, Claptrap, is a bit skittish but he'll be calmer with your own horses there and with Mulibert back home. Thanks to bringing him back." He points at the open stable doors where Mulibert, mouth full of hay, looks out to see what everyone is doing. Then he is back in the house to help his wife.

Vhaidara
2014-08-16, 12:03 PM
So, how many names were on that bet list?

Julian emerges from the wagon about an hour later.
Predictable.
He returns to the fire.
Ah, Anasia, good to see you finally caught up.

Smileybastard
2014-08-16, 12:39 PM
Azeron

"Thank you so much for the soup. I am happy to sleep in the stable, I nee no more."

Calenestel
2014-08-16, 12:54 PM
"I'll take a room, I think," Anasia quickly says when the rooming arrangements is mentioned. Gods above, she wasn't going to sleep in the stables unless she really had to. And this might be her last chance to sleep in a proper bed for a very long time. Glancing towards the child she then adds only slightly grudgingly: "I guess our little wizard might be able to share it with me..."
And with that she turns to the fire to warm her hands and wait for the ale.

When Julian finally reemerges she gives him a happy wave with half a loaf of bread and grins at his comment. "Then next time you can stable your own horse, you old bookworm. Bread? The soup is a bit cold now, but you only have yourself to blame. And it's still good."

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 12:59 PM
Kate stares at the Inkeeper, pulling the grilled cheese device out of the fire, as it slowly unwound from exsistance, plopping the grilled cheese in he lap.
Smiling at Oswik, and handing him her grilled cheese sandwich, she stares at the innkeeper.
She nods, "I am KATE! And I am here to be your WIZARD!" she shouts in a overly dramatic manner, snapping her fingers into the air.

[roll0]

Oleg would notice while he re-entered that something was placing a half-loaf of bread on the table he had.

Smiling as Oleg left, she sat down by the fire, and basked in it's warmth. She looked at the elf across the fire, and waved with a smile on her face.

Vhaidara
2014-08-16, 12:59 PM
Julian gives her a weak smile.
My apologies. And I had to check something.
His voice lowers as he takes the bread and soup offered to him.
The signs gave mixed signals about staying here tonight. Be on your guard. Keep the girl safe.

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 01:01 PM
"Hey! I can keep myself safe." she said with a humph, "Though, if you want, I could keep an alarm spell prepared." she said, a stick stroking the coals.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 01:05 PM
"I'd say let the women have the beds, but that leaves one unused. Manners dictate we let the ladies have the beds, but practicality dictates we should use them all." Osrick pulls a stack of cards from his belt, his stressful look relaxing into a grin. "What say we play for it?"

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 01:10 PM
Alexander takes some bread from the plate and begins eating at it. "Gambling, eh. Never was overly lucky when it came to cards. But why not, nothing really to lose, stables aren't so bad, and a bed is pretty good."

Vhaidara
2014-08-16, 01:14 PM
Julian chuckles.
I'll stay in my wagon. I have my books to keep me company, and I would hate to intrude on the ladies. As any gentleman would.
This last comment is rather clearly directed at Oz.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 01:22 PM
Oz looks mildly horrified as his face reddens in embarrassment. A hand scratches the back of his neck. "I wasn't- I would've given up the beds if I won. Just thought it would help get to know one-another."

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 01:35 PM
Kate nods
"I'll sleep with Ana, thank you, now please don't harass everyone for any misdeeds they might have done." the young child said.

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 01:44 PM
"A friendly game of chance is perfectly reasonable Julian. We can just change the bet. Seeing as there will be two unused beds, the fellows, and any of the women if they feel like playing, can gamble on who gets them. If the ladies feel like they need more privacy they can put up some canvas or something to separate them from the lads sleeping in there."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 01:57 PM
"Guess we could also play for watch shifts. We can't know either way if our trip here attracted attention." A valiant effort succeeds in calming the flush from his cheeks.

Calenestel
2014-08-16, 02:08 PM
Grinning mischievously Anasia listens to the men's bickering and says little for the time being. Why should she? She had her bed and the conversation was entertaining. In the end they could just get ready for bed separately. Unless someone just had to sleep naked no more was needed. But she was perfectly willing to let them work that out for themselves. Suddenly something stirs in the elf's left sleeve, a tiny snake pokes it head out just above Anasia's hand, stirred by the warmth from the fire. It's tongue flickers while it looks from the child to the men arguing to the silent cat woman. The elf seems not to notice.

At the mention of even possible problem the elven maid grows solemn and when Julian tells her to keep an eye on the child-mage she nods without hesitating. She knew that Julian's hunches was to be taken very seriously. Still, her smile returns quickly when Kate protests and she gives the girl a friendly nod as well. "You know what, Kate. An alarm spell sounds like a most excellent idea.."

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 02:16 PM
"Alri-" she paues.
"I forgot to prepare it. Drat. Well, we did play for Watch, so who knows what'll happen."
Kate watches.
"I need sleep to cast magic, but I want to play..." she said.

The Raven noticed the snake though, and idly hopped up to it, before trying to eat it's eyes.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 02:27 PM
"So unless there are any objections, we'll be playing tavern rules..." Oz shuffles then deals to any who decide to play.

A d20 + half a relevant skill check (Or your full profession gambler) sound fine?

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 02:32 PM
I was thinking adding all the relevant modifiers, Perception, sense motive, sleight of hand, and bluff.

If just one skill bonus:
[roll0] from perception
If multiple;
[roll1]

Edit; Forgot the halving, so it would be 16 or 19.

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 02:33 PM
Alexander joins the game, and performs abysmally at first.

Calenestel
2014-08-16, 02:37 PM
"Oh, I'll play for watch shifts," Anasia says with a grin. She likes games of chance, and is decent at it. Against a real card shark she'd be helpless, of course. But against fellow amateures... When the little snake attracts the attention of Kate's raven the snake hisses and retreats a bit, coiling up as if to strike and the elf quickly wards of the bird and shoves the ophidian back into her sleeve. Immediately she looks towards Kate. "Keep an eye on your friend, Kate. Myst is quite venomous."

Just putting it out here. Bluff based:
[roll0]

"Don't worry about it, Kate. But you might want to think of preparing it for later. I have a feeling it we'll need it many times in the future." The elven sorceress doesn't seem too concerned, but there's still the matter of Julian's divination.

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 02:39 PM
Alexander's game starts getting better however, though not spectacular.

edit in post after result
[roll0] Make that 15 after halving

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 02:42 PM
For all the dice and cards he carries, Oz appears to be a strictly casual gambler.
[roll0]

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 03:04 PM
"Yay!" she cries in joy, as she won for the fifth time in a row.
"I'm still going to get a good night's rest, though, so no watch for me." she said, "So, what will we do tonight?" she asked.
Kate nods, as she continued to sit down.
"On other notes, do you think there's a blacksmith here? I'd like to ask him to craft something." she said.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 03:16 PM
"Right, I guess we'll need details? Big names in local banditry and their stabbing grounds. See who we're dealing with and how we should deal with them. It's what we came to ask Oleg about anyway." Oz examines the walls again, paying particular note to the siege equipment. "The battlement gear is hopefully just for show, it would take more than Oleg and his wife to operate even one of them, right?"

dupersudi
2014-08-16, 03:33 PM
"Eh, they might be able to operate one very slowly. But yes, this place should be garrisoned by more if it wanted to use those for more than show. We do need to get whatever information we can about the bandits, especially where they are and their numbers."

Smileybastard
2014-08-16, 03:40 PM
Azeron

Azeron watches the men go through elaborate planning to determine who got a bed. "As I said I will sleep in the stable and as such I will pass on the game. I will be happy to take on any shift."

"And yes, we need to know all we can about these bandits."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 04:19 PM
Osrick will get Oleg's attention when he doesn't look too busy. In the meantime Oz will dry out his blanket and pack by the fire and tend to his gear before setting up to sleep in the stable (If the smell of wet horse is too severe, he'll set up his bedroll under one of the benches by the fire. Unless the ground is too muddy.)

Oz would take his time getting the information, offering to help out if Oleg has tasks to attend to. It would be preferable if we could ask him as a group next meal-time.
1. Prominent local bandits. (The Kingmaker guide suggests that we know of a "Stag Lord" I think)
2. Territory of these bandits.
3. Best guess as to the numbers of said bandits. (Even just the most he's ever seen at once could help.)
4. Which bandits "run" our current stretch of territory (If any indeed hold it under solid sway)
5. What kind of targets the bandits typically go for.
6. Have they ever directly attacked the post.
7. What kind of weapons, materials, and gear the post has to sell. (We may need to stock up after all.)
I would also like to know if any knowledge rolls could be made to know more about our current local and the hazards we'll face. :smile:

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 05:23 PM
She nodded at everyone around herself, "I'm gonna get to work on copying a spell to my spellbook." she said smiling, pulling her spellbook out of her backpack, and walking up to her pony. She pulled out a Coffeepot, a inkwell, a quill, and a small bag of a couple coins.
She pulled out from the bag nine gold coins, and there was a... Look on her face.
"I don't suppose anyone is willing to spare a piece of gold?" she asked.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-16, 05:36 PM
"If you can do something about my gear smelling of horse in the morning, I'll give you three." Oz hands her a coin from his belt before going about his day.

Smileybastard
2014-08-16, 05:38 PM
Azeron

Azeron reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a gold coin. "I have one. You may have it." He flips the coin to her.

The Vagabond
2014-08-16, 06:24 PM
Kate clumsily grabs the coins, and nods in thanks, as she lays the coffee pot down by the fireplace, and plopped the coins into it.
She looks at the two of them, "Thanks!" she said with a grin on her face.
She sits down at the table, laying a scroll from her waterproof pouch onto the table.
She sits down, and begins attempting to decipher it.
Her Unseen servant continually strokes the fire, holding the coffee pot over it to melt the coins.

An hour passes, as the fire continues to be stroked. A grin slips through her child features, as she throws the empty piece of parchment into the fire, as she pulled her spellbook, a rather plain 100 page spellbook. She dips her quill into the gold, the molten gold slowly flowing over the quill, slowly binding into it. She slowly and deliberately began to draw onto into the book in her childish handwriting formulas, diagrams, drawings, and designs onto the page, it idly pulsing with arcane energy.

Each attempt is a different scroll, she'll spend an extra hour per scroll until she hits one. DC of 21 for all of these.
Grease: [roll0]
Obscuring mist: [roll1]
Burning hands: [roll2]
Floating Disc: [roll3]
Icicle Dagger: [roll4]
Disguise self: [roll5]
F*** it, use Read Magic on Keep Watch.

Then the Spellcraft check, all of DC 16.
Grease: [roll6]
Obscuring mist: [roll7]
Burning hands: [roll8]
Floating Disc: [roll9]
Icicle Dagger: [roll10]
Disguise self: [roll11]
Read Magic: [roll12]

Pelor
2014-08-16, 08:26 PM
Syvera turns in for the night, but not before thanking their hosts for soup, bread, warmth, a place to stay, and most importantly, their hospitality. She leaves a single gold coin as a tip and heads to the stable to find a nice warm place to set her bedroll and blankets for the night. She does mention to the others, "You should wake this one for any shift that needs to be taken. First, Middle, Last, it matters not. Just wake me."

Perception: [roll0] for watch.

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 06:49 AM
The soup is a good mix of vegetables and chicken, and a good ale goes along with it. Oleg, happily trying the sandwich, explains that him and his wife are, for now, the only people living here so they don't have a blacksmith yet, something they want to change in the future.

His wife svetlana is preparing the beds (A2) and a few more spleeping spots in the stable. As she comes back and hears about the battlements, she chuckles. They are actually all functional, but it takes Oleg and me about 15 min to prepare one - I'm stronger than I look. We have been promised 12 soldiers at first, to handle those and other things, but with the political situation in Brevoy getting worse, we've been forgotten and more or less told it was all out problem now. So we are really glad you are here. Especially as it seems Brevoy doesn't want to be directly involved. We're out here for a reason, less civilization is better for us"

They then begin to explain the situation. The so-called Stag Lord and his bandits raid everything they can get a hand on, which has made business here very slow. They seem to occupy a large territory, although he isn't going out to check, and the few hunters coming through vary in their estimations.

The bandits only kill if you put up resistance, However, sometimes leaving travelers without anything has caused casualties.

They show up at the outpost regularly. The bandits’ first visit was 3 months ago. They threatened to burn down the trading post and abduct Svetlana for their own amusements back at their camp if the Levetons didn’t agree to hand over all of the furs and trade goods they’d accumulated over the past month from hunters and trappers. Since then, the bandits have returned twice more, each time within an hour of sunrise on the first day of the month. The Levetons have learned to have their “taxes” ready and hand them over quickly. The bandits usually seem eager to return to their camp somewhere in the Greenbelt, which makes Svetlana think their camp is about a day’s ride away.

The first time the bandits visited, there were a dozen of them -10 lower-ranking thugs led by a cloaked man armed with a bow, and a woman who carried two small hatchets. The woman did the majority of the talking on that first trip, and her black sense of humor and the way she smiled when she spoke of what fate would await Svetlana if the Levetons didn’t comply frightened Svetlana all the more. The woman also seemed to be particularly sharp and observant, whereas the man seemed to be a bit more crude and foolish. This, plus the fact that the woman quite nearly lopped off Oleg’s right hand with one of her hatchets in a cruel bit of mockery, convinced the Levetons that she was the most dangerous of the bandits. As it was, the woman took Svetlana’s wedding ring right off her hand and tossed it to one of her men as payment for “not shortening Oleg’s reach.” Svetlana is visibly shaken by this still. They are due to visit tomorrow again.

On the second and third visit, only the crude hooded man accompanied the bandits. The second visit, he came with only six other men, while on the third he only came with four. The Levetons suspect that the bandits have let down their guard and think the owners of the trading post are completely cowed. Hopefully, when they visit tomorrow they’ll be even fewer in number, and hopefully the scary woman with the hatchets won’t be with them.

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 07:09 AM
Julian frowns as the woman tell her tale.
We shall recover your ring if we can. And whatever of your goods can still be recovered.
He curses under his breath.
I wish that I had thought to bring a few scrolls to allow me to communicate with the family. I could have requested that the Lebeda's send troops to garrison this place.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 07:18 AM
Azeron

Azeron listens to Svetlana's story with his full attention. His face emphatic, but calm.

"It seems clear we will have to face this woman at some point in any case, but clearly we must show them that this behavior is unacceptable. When the come, do they come on foot or on horseback?"

Pelor
2014-08-17, 07:27 AM
Syvera's tail goes from a nonchalant twitch to an extremely aggravated twitch. "This one will help you deal with your bandit problem."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 08:11 AM
Kate entered, having finished up her transposing the spell into her spellbook, entered and listened too.
"That's not nice!" the child shouts. She pulls out a crossbow, "I suppose threatening back is somewhat viable?"
The crossbow then accidentally went off, it's bolt driving right into the side of the wall.
"... Maybe I shouldn't be using this."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 08:15 AM
Azeron

Azeron looks towards Kate and smiles. "I am glad you recognize that." He reaches down to gently take the crossbow. "If you wish, I could teach you how to handle such a weapon".

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 08:33 AM
Kate nods, "Yes please."

Calenestel
2014-08-17, 08:34 AM
Anasia listens to Svetlana's tale, unsmiling and with a growing anger in her eyes. Evil deed after evil deed being recounted like that makes her furious. When the tale is finally finished the elf says with a dangerously sweet smile: "Oh, I think all here are more than willing to help out with handling the visit tomorrow. And whether the woman is among the group tomorrow or not I think we all know how: Ambush! Syvera, do you think you could follow their trail back to their base?"
She wasn't in the mood to take prisoners, but if they did they couldn't bring them along to show the way. The ways a bandit could lead them astray or into a trap were too many.

The outburst from Kate makes Anasia flinch even though the bolt is nowhere nere to hit her. "A few lessons might not be a bad idea. But in the meantime: do be careful with that, child. You might hurt a friend or expose us when we need to be stealthy."

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 08:40 AM
"They come on horses," Oleg growls. "And with pack animals. After all, they need to get their stolen goods back to their base."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 08:50 AM
Azeron

Azeron slings the crossbow over his back. He shows no anger or upset as he speaks. "I suggest we draw them into the fortifications, close the gate, and then give them the opportunity to surrender. If they do not we cut them down. And then we can follow their trail as Anasia suggests."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 08:52 AM
Oz wears a heavy frown throughout the tale. After hearing the entirety of it, he closes his eyes and thinks aloud to himself quietly.
"If we confront the bandits here, whatever the outcome they'll know the easy mark is up. My guess is that they won't let it go that easy. At least one of them thinks she's tough. They'll send a bigger group if the first one doesn't show up again."
Osrick's brow scrunches up and he sops some bread in the now-tepid soup. "We could let them take their cut back to their camp, try to follow them." Oz shakes his head. "No, they know the woods better. Too risky. We could take out the group sent to collect, capture or otherwise. That could give us a day to prepare for the rest of them." Oz shakes his head again. "But, they might ALREADY be here in numbers and only sending in a few ahead of the main group."
Oz leans swivels on the bench towards the fire, leaning back on the table. "We could send somebody back with gold, get some folks to man the walls. We could maybe get the help back in the window between taking out the first bandit group and the rest showing up." Osrick sighs and drinks down the rest of his soup. "Even if that won't work, we'll have to make protecting the post here a priority. We'll need to do something about it's security before heading off."
Osrick's eyes pop open and his face beams. "The HORSES! Assuming the bandits aren't too bright, and aren't expecting resistance... We follow their horses back to their camp. That's a horse thing, right? Or is that an army horse thing?"

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 08:58 AM
Azeron

"If we take them here, then we can simply wait for them to send more and we can defend the place at the same time. Lets use this fortification to our advantage. If they come in numbers we defend this place. Attacking a camp with that many numbers, even with surprise on our side won't likely give us so great an advantage and it leaves this place largely undefended."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 09:05 AM
Kate paused, "Or, maybe, take them out, disable them, see if any of them want to backstab them for any extra gold we have. If they have one, request that they take us to their camp, pretend to join them. In the night, sow the seeds of disorder and backstabbers, try to incite conflict within it, and see if we can get anyone there to kill each other. Then, we go in, find a choke-point, and kill them one at a time as they attack, ensure that they can't gang up on us too easily. We'd need a large amount of healing scrolls, though, since the fighters will have to fight for a long time to kill them all. As for defending this place, I can message my master and have him try to contact my mother, get from reinforcements from Meyned."
She looks at Azeron, "But what about traveling between places? Who will defend them there? We can defend this location, but a trading post that can't trade is simply a fort."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 09:10 AM
Osrick blinks at Kate's suggestion. "Alright... No coffee or sugar for this one. But getting real troops sent in would be better than hiring the folks available back in town. If they wanted to come out here, they would have signed on with us. It would take a light tongue and a heavy purse to bring them now."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 09:36 AM
Azeron

Azeron nods at Kate. "I would not trust a bandit to be bribed and stay that way. In fact any bandit who would be bribed, is likely untrustworthy. I certainly would not trust them to set us up to infiltrate the enemy, not that I would be good at that."

"As for reinforcements, I doubt we will get much. We were sent to deal with this and even if we could convince someone to lend us some men-at-arms, I am sure it would take considerable time and be unpredictable in terms of timing. I suggest we plan with what we know we have."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 09:45 AM
Julian clear his throat.
If we are to entrap the bandits here, it is possible that some could be persuaded to join us. At times, bandits are simply men driven to desperation. They are not evil men, simply hungry.
He motions to Anasia
As my friend here can attest, I am no great warrior, but I have been trained in the arts of diplomacy. I would prefer that we solve this problem with a minimum of bloodshed. After all, dead men help no one.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 09:56 AM
"I'm all for less bloodshed. Do we have room and supplies to detain prisoners? Actually, we should take stock of what we have here. If it comes to a real fight from the walls I can only throw my hammer once. Never had to use heavy stuff like those catapults before."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 09:57 AM
Azeron

"As odd as it may sound, I am unconcerned with good or evil in this case so much, as literally what I said. Trustworthiness. Someone who would turn to surviving off the misery of others is very likely to promise anything under the right circumstances. I am all about giving someone another chance, but it does not mean I trust them to succeed even if I am sure they are truly trying.
In this case they will be caught between us and killers and they will need to chose whom to support. If they wish to surrender I am open to giving them a path to redemption, but I am not going hang our survival on it." He looks to Kate and the owners of the trading post.
"We need to stop the bandits, before we trust them too far. We defeat the first group, ideally without bloodshed and then we can see where that leaves us. Hopefully we can gain some information and we will have time to learn or improve our defenses here."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 10:00 AM
I am not suggesting arming them and using them to fight their former comrades. I simply suggest offering them amnesty if they lay down their arms. We could perhaps offer some reward to those who do wish to join us and who do seem like honest men.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 10:00 AM
Azeron

"If it comes to a fight from the walls, many of us will likely need to adapt. While I am part elf, I have never been much good with a bow, but I do know how to use one. We will plan and adapt, but I do agree we need to take stock of what we have."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 10:05 AM
Azeron

Azeron continues to speak calmly. "I am no stranger to diplomacy myself, but I am not prepared to offer them amnesty when the bandit group still exists. If they surrender and we can defeat the leadership then I would be prepared to consider it at that point.
As I said my first action is to request they surrender and I am almost always open to surrender."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 10:10 AM
Julian's voice is likewise even.
And why should their leaders be condemned? As I see it, they have already demonstrated usable talent. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 10:18 AM
Azeron

Azeron looks thoughtful. "I am not suggesting anyone be condemned...I said defeated. So long as there are those who lead people down the path of stealing from those who work then there will be temptation. I said I would not trust them, not to simply flee back to the leadership until that leadership is defeated. Defeat is not condemnation or even death."
And no, not everyone deserves a second chance, although in practice is it hard to determine who does deserve it."

"But ... for now we need to focus on dealing with the bandits who will come first. We can try to persuade them to put down their arms and accept their surrender, but we can discuss the details of what to do with them afterwards."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 11:01 AM
"Alright, sounds like we're generally of the same mind. I'll ask Oleg about his supplies."

1. What ranged weapons do you have? Can we buy/borrow or otherwise use them?
2. Do you have any traps (Nets, or bear traps, or tent stakes)
3. Do you have an area we could keep restrained prisoners?
4. Is anybody scheduled to arrive? (Like other traders or merchants.)

Calenestel
2014-08-17, 12:00 PM
Anasia is on the verge of jokingly pointing out how premature it is to discuss how to handle the prisoners when they don't have any yet when Azeron realizes that little snag himself. With a shrug she lets the topic change to how they should receive the bandits scheduled the next morning. And on that note Azeron's suggestion has a bit of a flaw: "Yes, but how should we offer them to surrender? We can't let them escape to warn their comrades. Then they'll never leave our hosts here be again and we won't have any more element of surprise." Looking to the gate the elf seems to ponder the question but quickly continues: "Now... if we man the walls someone will slip away, probably more than one bandit will. I agree with the idea of letting them in and trapping them here. Then we can take any wise enough to give up prisoner and kill those who want to fight without risking anyone getting away to warn the others... It's either that or hide and let them plunder the place another time, which I'm not inclined to do. This time it might come to blood."

After that they could always track down the camp. Someone should be able to scout the place, the cat folk woman seems sneaky to her, and they could make plans for how to handle that when they found it. But she was ready to admit that she had too little information about that right now... "As for whatever camp the bandits have... Let's take one problem at a time?"

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 12:18 PM
Azeron

"If we draw them into the post and close the doors and fight them and manage to defeat them all then in a few days time the bandit leaders will realize something has happened to them and they will come here or send someone to do that. We then offer them surrender or defeat them. If someone escapes they will tell the leaders. In any case we will repeat until we feel we need to go to them. Of course things may change as time passes. I don't think planning it all out ad infinitum is useful. Once we defeat the first group, the bandit leaders will realize it soon enough."

"I imagine that it will come to blood the first time, we have no reputation to bank on, yet."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 12:33 PM
"I could invite them in, offer them a drink, you all could say you'll reprimand me yet still serve them, and have them get too drunk to fight." she said. "Save everyone damage and time. And if we can extract the information of their hideaway from them, we can go to their location in peace, claim to reinforce them, then kill their leader directly."
She glares at Oz, "Hey! It's a good idea!" she shouts at him.

She looked at Azeron, "That makes sense. We can extract it from them instead." she said.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 12:46 PM
Azeron

Azeron, pauses thinking and looking at Kate. "I am not in favor of lying to them and if we take that route, I would need to refrain from talking to them, at best. I think it is a risky approach as we would need to place them in charge at least in appearance and then we do not know what they might do. I imagine that bandits are rarely like civil society and they may wish to make an example or choose to have fun with one of the women. All in all I would rather have us remain in control.

Another issue I have is a lack of designated leader. If it comes to needing to make quick decisions we are likely to suffer for the lack of a chain of command."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 12:56 PM
Julian gives Kate a very disapproving look.
It is not right for a child of your age to speak so casually of killing.
And back to Azeron
Who would you suggest as our leader, noble one? Certainly not the child, she lacks experience. My knowledge of combat is limited to theory and the practice yard, and even the practice yard was decades ago. Unless she has changed the focus of her studies in the past several years, Anisia lacks the skills needed in a general-
He pauses for a moment, and looks apologetically at her
No offence meant, my old friend.
His attention again returns to Azeron.
I know little of the training that you, the gunman, or the feline have received. Perhaps if you were to share, we could make an enlightened decision.

Calenestel
2014-08-17, 12:58 PM
"I'm all for a bit of trickery now and then. As long as it's for a good cause," the elf objects towards the paladin and the girl, giving the former an almost apologetic smile. "But I see two faults with your plan, child. First off they're here to loot and leave. If we start serving them drinks someone is likely to ask why. But aside from that, if we try to "join" them all of us need to be rather convincing liars. And I don't think all of us are. I'm not sure most of us are. Someone would blow our cover in notime..."

She gives the paladin a wink behind the girls back to show him that she's both gently teasing him and helping him of the hook in the girls eyes. Not that it mattered...
"Now, as for leadership... How about we take turns based on the situation? Someone with battle experience lead us in combat, a person with a sense of intrigue, like myself, lead in such matters and Julian takes the helm when it comes to all things... bookwormy," she finishes with a grin at her old friend.

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 01:01 PM
Kate instantly raises her hand up, "I call leader! I know the most!" she said.

She looked at Azeron, "You all could hide, and we could pretend that the fort was abandoned. From there, I bring them into the tavern and serve them mead, then you all ambush them and try to trap them?" she said.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 01:02 PM
Osrick nods gratefully. "Somebody's got to be in charge. Glad somebody else said it. Question is how we handle it. Age, experience, training?" He turns to Azeron and looks him over. "People are more inclined to listen to a man in plate.Your bearing suggests you'd be it. No matter who's ideas we're using, when dealing with the bandits it would be best if a warrior looked to be in charge."

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 01:07 PM
"I have leather armor, a heavy wooden shield, two hand axes, five javelins, a longbow, two dozen arrows, a scythe, two spears, two potions of cure light wounds, a potion of shield of faith, two vials of antitoxin and a lot of rope. We can lock them into the main storeroom," he points (A4). "It is designed to keep thieves out but I don't see why it can't keep them in either. But as far as sparing them goes - I'd prefer hang the bandits’ bodies from the southern palisade wall as a warning to the other brigands. But, I'm no soldier, and if you think there is a point in sparing them, it's up to you to decide."

"A merchant's trail from nothern Brevoy was scheduled to arrive today, they may be late and come tomorrow. However, I believe they did not bother due to the bandit threat," his wife adds.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 01:20 PM
Azeron

"I am not of noble birth or upbringing," corrects Azeron tipping his head toward Julian. "I am merely a servant of Iomedae and as such I would lead humbly. I do suggest that we hear what we each bring to the table and then choose. The mantle of leadership being passed about is, in my opinion not a good idea, but allowing all to have a voice and having a leader that would select the right person to deal with any particular situation would be ideal."

"As for me, I grew up in Kyonin as somewhat an outsider due to my mixed bloodlines. I have served as a city guard and am a member of the church of Iomedae. I have been told I am an excellent diplomat and dealing with people in a straight forward manner as well as combat. I do not seek bloodshed and strive for peace. I will say that my morality can be constraining at times, but I do not feel this is normally a weakness. I do not have a lot of book knowledge nor am I experienced in the shadier aspects of running a nation. I am content to lead or if I feel one is more capable to act and advise where I feel I am able."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 01:30 PM
Julian chuckles as Azeron denies his nobility.
I did not mean noble as in birth. I meant noble in purpose and demeanor.
When mention of him possibly leading comes up, he shakes his head.
I am not a leader. I was once meant to lead my own house, but in times of stress, I suffer from a divine affliction. It makes communication...complicated.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 01:37 PM
"A vote then? We can vote again after the first group of bandits is handled. That handled, we'll lay down the details of the trap."

Calenestel
2014-08-17, 01:44 PM
Oh, so that's how is it going to be, is it? Behind her friendly smile Anasia's mind is racing. She didn't trust this paladin. Not to lead them when the troubles they met was less morally black and white than killing bandits. "Oh, I'm sorry. But I must respectfully disagree," she says with an apologetic tone. "Noone can be an expert in all fields. That is why a king has not only advisors but even men and women entrusted to make the decisions. A king with little understanding of battles leave the strategies to his general and a queen with no sense of intrigue doesn't tell her spymaster how to handle intelligence."

She smiles wider and shrugs. "But suit yourselves. I myself am a sorceress tutored as if a wizard by the finest arcane mind of the realm: my father Archmage Arthalion Amakiir. I have served the house Lebeda for over fifty years now and understand not only diplomacy but politics. I am not a warrior, but I've been taught that any officer that picks up a sword and joins the front line must first put away his baton, anyway. If we should vote for a leader I put myself forward and feel no shame for it."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 01:52 PM
Kate seems annoyed that nobody appears to even be listening to her.
She snaps her fingers, turning Azeron's hair pink.
"If anyone but me gets Leader, I call the role of Advisor. You're too nicey-pants. You need to know when to turn people's hair pink."

She looks at both of the two candidates. She then turned the elf's bright florescent pink.
"I'm eleven. I'm a wizard. I'm a child prodigy. I'm descendent from a adventurer from the Medvyed line. I'm probably better at magic than her despite being a hundred years younger. She doesn't need to be smart, Sorcery relies more on the ability to look good and act appealing to others, while Wizardry requires focus, knowledge, and the information on how to use that knowledge. I vote myself." she said.

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 02:04 PM
Julian sighs as the group turns to squabbling.
Kate, you may have power, but you lack experience. You would make a poor leader, and a poor advisor, for these reasons. Those are roles that should be filled by those who know what they are doing, not children.
As he speaks, he undoes the changes she made to the hair of the potential leaders.
Now, I would prefer to have a joint leadership, but if we must have a single leader, chosen by a vote, I must choose the one who's capabilities I know best. Anisia, should it come to this, I back you.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 02:08 PM
Azeron

Azeron nods as Anasia speaks and waits patiently until she is done. "I already stated the leader should not deal with all situations, but that is not the same as handing the mantle of leadership to another. A spymaster is in charge of what they do under the direction of the leader, but the leader can not and should not control everything."

He then listens to Kate carefully.

"Your ability to use magic is not the point anymore than my ability to use magic. A leader does not need to be good at anything beyond leading. It is also about responsibility and thinking ahead like you failed to do when you fired the crossbow. I admire that you took responsibility and realized you should not being using quite yet, but you still have much to learn. As for adviser, I would think the leader would take advice from all that have it to give."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 02:14 PM
"No need for politics at the moment. It's too early to decide leadership long-term. I vote Azeron for the ambush, I think the bandits will more readily fear him. After we see each-other in action, we'll be able to talk about the future." Oz shrugs his shoulders. "You can count on me to help either way. Only detail we need now is if the bandits pick up the supplies outside the walls or if they come inside to get them."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 02:17 PM
Azeron

"A good question Oz." Azeron turns to their hosts. "Do they normally come in or do they make you bring stuff out to them? I would have thought they would come in to see what you have."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 02:20 PM
She stares at them all.
"Fine." she says, disapointed. "And it's not my use of magic. It's that I'm smart. Really smart. Smarter than almost the entire population. I'm just pointing out that inteligence isn't as useful to a Sorceress, so chances are she might not be as smart as she could be. I vote Azeron."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 02:22 PM
Azeron

Azeron smiles at Kate. "And I appreciate your intelligence. I am sure you are smarter than I, but sometimes smart ideas need to be questioned by experience. You will make a good advisor and you will only get better as you gain more experience."

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 02:24 PM
"They usually come in" Svetlana says. "And they demand breakfast as well. I usually spit in their food before I serve them."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 02:29 PM
"Hah! Oh this just got easy. Unless they others wait nearby like I worried before. Still, simple enough to drug the food or even knock the sense out of them."

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 02:29 PM
Azeron

"Excellent. That will make things significantly easier."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 03:55 PM
Kate looks at the two characters in shock, "THAT WAS WHAT I RECOMMENDED FIRST!" she shouts.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 04:01 PM
Azeron

Azeron looks to Kate. "There are certainly similarities."

"I suggest we don't use poison for a number of reasons. One is that I doubt we have any that would work that well."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 04:07 PM
"You're right Ms. Kate. I should have asked how they took the items earlier. If we don't have anything to drug them with, we'll take to the bashing." Oz has the audacity to give a winning smile and a victorious fist clench. "Unless there's some kind of magical way to put them out." Oz looks to Kate, expectantly.

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 04:35 PM
Kate gloriously nods, "Yep! I have Daze in my Spellbook, meaning that I can disable them for about six seconds while you tie them up. I also have a wand of Cold, in case anyone wants it, though thinking about it, I might be able to craft a couple scrolls of Daze for everyone to use." she said.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 05:14 PM
"Alright! No problems then. We'll unleash your magical might, Ms. Kate."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 05:15 PM
Julian shakes his head.
Six seconds isn't very long to disable someone. And that assumes we are able to deal with them one at a time, which I doubt we will be able to.

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 05:28 PM
"Yay!" she said, holding up her hands for a high five before Julian pointed out the flaw in her action.
"... Oh. Right. Well, if you, me and Ana cast it, assuming there are three of them, we'll be able to lock them down for a long period of time." she said, "You and I can spend most of today scribing Daze, and we should be able to lock them down for a full minute."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 05:31 PM
"If it's just a few, I think I can get the drop on one. If a spell can take out another, that's two down before they know it's a fight. If we can do that scroll thing we could maybe do it without much risk. They'll be inside, we'll close the gates. Hopefully we'll have them outnumbered, out-thought, and out-fought. Even if we can't restrain them all we'll have a solid chance at keeping a few alive."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 05:49 PM
Julian shakes his head.
It is not a spell that I am able to use. Most of my magics are defensive and supportive. Further, I never learned the art of writing scrolls. I prefer reading.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 06:00 PM
Oz scratches the back of his neck, the intricacies of magic beyond him. For now.
"Guess not all magic is the same. Speaking of, what can you and your friend do? You have any ideas for the plan?"

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 06:10 PM
My skills are more limited. I can heal smaller wounds, throw my voice through magic, call Shelyn's blessing forth upon us, perceive the properties of magical relics, and cause people's weapons to superheat and burn their hands.

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 06:11 PM
She pauses.
"Oh. Now I feel dumb. Sorry, but still, two folks spam Daze, one drops down from above and grabbles them, we then try to beat them until they're knocked out!" she says with glee, lifting her oversized staff up in preparation.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 06:12 PM
"Those first and last bits sound fairly handy for our upcoming task. Would the hot weapon set the building on fire?"
Oz looks at the large staff once again. "I think I'd feel better if you weren't in the thick of it, Ms. Kate. We, uh, might need you to do more magic. Can't do that if you're swinging sticks around."

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 06:14 PM
Julian shakes his head.
No. The heat is momentary. By the time the weapon reaches the ground, it has cooled.

Pelor
2014-08-17, 06:43 PM
Syvera tries to take in everything, but then decides to offer her opinion. "This one thinks that she will hide up on the ramparts, perhaps with another. Once they are inside and dealing with Oleg, perhaps one drop down and closes the gate behind them? Then this one, begins firing arrows, while others fire magic. They will be dead before they know it. Keep one alive to learn where their camp is would be smart too."

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 07:29 PM
Syvera tries to take in everything, but then decides to offer her opinion. "This one thinks that she will hide up on the ramparts, perhaps with another. Once they are inside and dealing with Oleg, perhaps one drop down and closes the gate behind them? Then this one, begins firing arrows, while others fire magic. They will be dead before they know it. Keep one alive to learn where their camp is would be smart too."

She smiled, "Well, It's actually more useful than you think, MAGIC MISSILE!" she said, holding her staff up into the air, the missile of force driving into a bottle, shattering into bits.
"See?"
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 07:45 PM
Azeron

Azeron listens to the others plan for a while and then says. "I would rather avoid simply killing them, unless it is necessary. I understood that, in general, we wished to give them the chance to surrender. I suggest we let them come in and start to eat and then cast a few spells, possibly grabs some of their weapons and simply hold them at weapon point. If they choose to fight then we do. I would hope, like some others stated earlier to avoid bloodshed.""

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 07:58 PM
By now, the rain has stopped, and the dusk of a cluded sky shifts to the darkness of a still clouded night. Svetlana has cleaned up the leftover food, and when she comes back from the house on her mission to lock in the few chickens you have seen running around and to bring in the cow that's been running around free, a large, tan, lean, slightly shy appearing dog follows her, but takes little interest in any of the assembled group. "Come on Cujo," she calls out. "Get Bessie into the stable already." The dog does just that, driving the slow walking cow with little nips at her heels, but it seems the cow is very used to this and minds the dog as little as the dog minds you.

The Vagabond
2014-08-17, 08:06 PM
Kate yawns, "Well, I should have gone to bed hours ago. Good night, I'll see you all in the morning!" she calls, stepping off the table, grabbing her stuff and carrying it into the garrison. She plops her bag and staff by the bed, as she jumps in, pulling out a winter blanket and wrapping herself up in it like a burrito. It's actually rather adorable.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 08:12 PM
Oz unfolds his bedroll under one of the tables by the fire, and starts to nod off. He keeps his armor on, ready for second watch.

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 08:16 PM
Julian walks back over to the wagon and sets up a small mound of cushions to lean on, then pops open a book on the recent history of the Stolen Lands.

dupersudi
2014-08-17, 09:17 PM
Alexander walks back to the group after hitting the head. "Sleeping already? Alright, I'll go set up the watch spot." He climbs up to the ramparts and sets up, loading a flare cartridge into his musket and keeping an eye on the main approach, he walks around the fort's wall at random intervals.

So flare cartridge loaded, in case something goes down.

And a few perception rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Grimtina
2014-08-17, 09:21 PM
Several times, you notice some large boar roaming close to the post, grunting and huffing and buping against trees.

Smileybastard
2014-08-17, 09:26 PM
Azeron

Seeing Alexander go and take watch Azeron heads to the stables, removes his armor and lays down to sleep.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-17, 10:17 PM
Oz awakens for second watch when needed. Till then he has troubled dreams featuring tomorrow's battle.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Er, subtract 2 from each of those.

dupersudi
2014-08-17, 10:31 PM
During the watch change Alexander tells Oz. "There's a good sized boar out there, not much else. See you in the morning." He then unloads his gun and sets up his bedroll in the barn, quickly falling asleep.

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 04:01 AM
The morning dawns without rain. Instead, the sun is strong enough, for the first time this spring, to tickel some mist out of the cool damp ground. Sventlana, who is up and about feeding the animals and you, takes this as a good sign. "They will be here soon," she says. "And they won't know what hit them."

"Better stay in the bedroom," Oleg tells his wife. "It's enough if they see me, I can make up excuses for you."

Pelor
2014-08-18, 04:06 AM
Syvera silently pads over to the palisade. She quickly climbs up to a good sniper point where she can hide and then disappears into the shadows. She has her bow in hand with an arrow knocked.

Climb:
Stealth: [roll1]
Perception: [roll]1dd20+7

Vhaidara
2014-08-18, 09:49 AM
Julian stays in the wagon, chanting a quick prayer to Shelyn to aid him in his endeavors.

Casts Enhanced Diplomacy on himself. If I make a Diplomacy check in the next minute, I'll get +2.

dupersudi
2014-08-18, 10:10 AM
Alexander wakes up slightly before dawn out of sheer habit. "Oh that's right no reveille anymore. Damn I'm already up." He then wanders up to join whoever is on watch. He reloads his musket with a flare cartridge and joins the watch.

Perception
[roll0]

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-18, 10:38 AM
When it comes time, Oz takes cover behind the stables in preparation for the ambush.
"Good luck everyone. Keep safe."

If needed to hide in the first place and to get closer without being seen for sneak attack purposes. I'll start whenever we agreed upon starting.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 11:11 AM
An hour of meditation passes, the light from her book flowing around the room. (Change in Spell List; Mount is now Grease, Burning Disarm is now Burning Hand, Unseen servant is now Summon Monster, Dancing Light is now Ghost Sound.
Kate nods at Oz, a smile on her face in a plain girls dress.
She silently sat down, and pulled out a tiny game of cards, and begins playing a card game with herself while she waits for the bandits to come, trying to be inconspicuous and child like, her staff being laid inside the building.

Bluff:
[roll0]
Disguise:
[roll1] Add +5 due to changing behavior, to get 16 (Add 3 now) or 18 (add 3 to the score).
Stealth:
[roll2] Forgot to add the +4 to it from Size.

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 11:19 AM
The bandits arrive as scheduled, approaching from the south on horseback about an hour after sunrise. They have 4 pack horses and 2 pack mules with them.

Oleg has opened the trading post doors, and his wife has retreated to the house. They arrogantly ride in, not being the slightest bit suspicious, and upin seeing Kate start making rude, inappropriate comments. One of them, who is likely the leader of them, prompty threatens Oleg. "Hurry up and load the horses, or we’ll start tossing some fire in to speed your asses up!”

Pelor
2014-08-18, 11:28 AM
Syvera thinks to herself, Please, let's just kill them now, so they don't get a chance to hurt anyone. Many will be hurt if we do not use surprise and strike hard and fast.

Readied Action: Stand from stealth and fire at the Leader as soon as combat starts.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Using Deadly Aim and Point Blank Shot.

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 11:29 AM
Kate listens to hear what they're saying, and looks to see how many of them there are.
She proceeds to try to hide behind the table from the thugs.

Forgot to mention that I had her change into a plain girls dress.
Anyway, continuing to roll disguise to keep from anyone noticing her non-childish behavior.
[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-08-18, 11:39 AM
Julian stands and steps from the wagon. He carries his walking stick and an ornamental dagger at his side, but is otherwise unarmed. He is wearing his monk's outfit, as opposed to the garish noble outift of earlier.
Gentlemen, there is no cause for this. Stay a while and speak. I am interested in the tales of your accomplishments, and of what fate has driven you to this act of banditry.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
No Bluff here, since he is interested in that. It will determine their fates, after all.

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 02:36 PM
All four of them turn around in alarm, their hands going towards their swords, except for their leader who steps back a bit and takes his bow in hand. "What's this?" he demands. "Are you a friend of Oleg's? Has he come running to you to protect him and his..." he points to the girl "...little family now?"

Two of the others sneer and seem to enjoy the challenge, while one of the others, a smaller human with a bad excuse for a beard, growls. "Monks may not need much to survive, but some people want more out of life than living in a monastery or in the slums."

Smileybastard
2014-08-18, 06:55 PM
Azeron

Azeron calmly steps out of the building in full armor, but weapon not drawn. "I understand the desire to want more, but by doing nothing but take from others you force them to have little and in the long run the people and the land will suffer. We have come to bring more by helping everyone work together. If you surrender your arms you will take a great step forward towards that goal."

Diplomacy [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 07:22 PM
The one with the beard looks from Azeron to his leader. "What now, Happs?"

Happs tries to appear bigger. and makes a little move so he positions himself behind those with drawn swords. "No talking, we just want our share and then we're gone."

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 08:33 PM
Kate slowly peeks over the bench.
"Do you want a beer? Or a lot of beer? I've been learning magic from my Mom. We could make you have a ton of tasty beer. I'm learning magic, I can make it taste really tasty." she said to the Soldiers. "How much do you want, anyway? M-My master gave me a wand of Frost, that's worth 400 gold, you know."
Note, I imagine the offer of free beer to be too good to pass up.
[roll0] negative five to the DC because it's asking if you want free beer. That, or negative ten. It's a zero, at any rate, so this is horrid.
[roll1] Add five if Free beer from a terrified young wizard sounds believable.
[roll2] In case we're working on bartering mechanics, and we're bargaining their time in exchange for beer.

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 08:39 PM
"Now that sounds better," one man with a large belly and small, evil eyes laughs. "The child has some sense. Magic, eh?" he laughs, and two of the others join in.

Not so the leader. "Drink and food is always fine, but we are mainly here to collect and be on our way again." He eyes Azeron and Julian wearily.

dupersudi
2014-08-18, 08:47 PM
Alexander, seeing that talking isn't really accomplishing anything, springs down and makes a rush to shove the gates closed.

Probably Futile Stealth check
[roll0]
Some Dex checks cause they may be needed
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
And Acrobatics Check just in case the fall is actually dangerou
[roll4]

And if this doesn't initiate combat readied action to shoot the strongest looking one.
And if they somehow don't see me, move action to get behind cover THEN ready the shot.

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 08:48 PM
She stared at him.
"Well. Yeah. I learnt a new spell yesterday;" she said, she lifted up her hand, and snapped her fingers every six seconds, each time cleaning another being. First the leader, then the fat one, then their horses, then everyone else. It actually feels pretty nice, to be cleaner than most folks ever end up, their horses cleared of any debris and such.
"If I keep snapping, people keep getting cleaned. I also can make things taste really tasty. And make grilled cheese. I can make some, if you want." she said.
Grilled cheese, cleaning everything, a wand of Ray of Frost, and free beer flavored however they like for their time.
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-08-18, 08:49 PM
Azeron

Azeron grins at Kate's words , glances at the gate to the trading post and then he focuses on Happs.

Azeron detects evil on Happs.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-18, 08:53 PM
Oz stays hidden, slowly moving around the stable. He's ready to charge in if things go south.

Vhaidara
2014-08-18, 09:06 PM
J'olekuso-
Julian stops, coughing as if to clear his throat and calming himself. He could not afford to lose control now.
Gentlemen, I am no threat to you, and I am quite sure that you could fight this man if it came to blows. So what cause have you to feel threatened?

You both recognize the word that Julian spoke. It is "Gentlemen" in Celestial

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 09:12 PM
The heads of Happs and one other snap around to look at the closing gates, but hey are quickly distracted by this bold child and its magic. "Hey, this is useful," the bad-bearded one admits. His stomach rumbles.

Happs, who clearly detects as evil, snorts at Julian. "None, indeed. But we got work to do, and places to be." He lowers his bow and makes a movement with his head. "Help Oleg to get what we want, and when we leave, we'll take this useful child along."

Vhaidara
2014-08-18, 09:15 PM
Julian's fist clenches, and he takes a moment to breathe and keep his curse under control before he speaks.
No. You will not. Take me instead. I can perform the same magic she can. It would be wrong to take her, so young. My life is nearly spent. Let the girl be.

New check since I'm trying to convince them of a new thing.

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 09:20 PM
She looked at him.
"For a couple hundred gold, your Wizard could teach or. Or my daddy could, actually." she said, pointing to Julian. "He really does knows a lot more than I do. He can heal you, and everything I can do except make scrolls, but BETTER!" she says with a smile on her face, turning to Julian, "[You could try the trick of making them think you stole their souls, that'll be useful. Then pretend to be insane and offer them drinks, where I'll say you're somewhat insane, but harmlessly so.], isn't that right daddy?"

1. [] Means she's talking in Celestial.

Smileybastard
2014-08-18, 09:44 PM
Azeron

Azeron eyes flick to Kate as she speaks celestial.
"There will be no loot today," Azeron pulls out his sword. "Surrender or you will surely die."

Intimidation [roll0]

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 09:53 PM
Kate stares at Azeron, as she slowly backed up, and nodded, "I'm warning you; He'll do it. He's almost certain to, he's shot a demon in the face before, definitely... Though I might do the same." She said slowly backing up, sparks of magic flying all over herself as she backed off, "I lied about my experience, and his. I'm actually pretty good." she said, the sparks flaring up, and the ground around her slowly getting warmer and warmer as she backed away... And then she flinched, "Ow..." she said, stepping away from the warm ground.
[roll0]
In case I use bluff instead, [roll1]

Vhaidara
2014-08-18, 09:54 PM
Julian sighs, and calls upon the magic within himself, unleashing his curse. Sparks begin to dance around him, and a foul smell, like brimstone, begins to fill the air. The mens' saliva begins to taste ashen in their mouths as Julian's incediary hair flares up and his eyes glow with an inner flame.
Sufafalekafa meelfakusasosu, saleka xu sukasasoso susesafa noelkifa sesukukokuamna soamvesu. Vaamj'okoku, saleka ne susosaamle.

Surrender mortals, and we shall spare your pathetic lives. Fight, and be slain.

Using Presti to whip up some special effects.
Intimidate to Aid: [roll0]
Also, I really do need to write a program to translate these things for me.

The Vagabond
2014-08-18, 10:06 PM
A raven flew onto one of their shoulders, staring slackjawed.
"Yeah. You should probably listen to that. 'Surrender mortals, and we shall spare your pathetic lives. Fight, and be slain.' is a pretty damn good argument to run like hell." he said.
[roll0]
However, I feel like Bluff or Diplomacy would be a more useful skill right 'bout now, so I'll roll for both of those, or you can use the above roll and add four.[roll1]
[roll2]

Grimtina
2014-08-20, 05:45 PM
Happs snarls and is not at all impressed. He lifts his bow to shoot, counting on his goons to help, but the two behind him drop their weapons. The other two move to engage Azeron and Julian

(Currently can't put up a battlemap thanks to tablet but it should work out anyway)

Pelor
2014-08-21, 07:32 AM
OOC: Looks like combat has started so the readied action should go off.

IC: Syvera stands from her hiding place on the palisade and fires at the leader.

Readied Action: Stand from stealth and fire at the Leader as soon as combat starts.
Attack: (1d20+8)[26]
Damage:(1d8+5)[12]

Using Deadly Aim and Point Blank Shot.

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 09:24 AM
(niiiice)

Before Happs even gets the first shot off, Syvera's arrow finds his neck and he falls immediately, blood gushing from his throat.

The two who had been about to engage with their swords drop their weapons in horror.

dupersudi
2014-08-21, 09:30 AM
Alexander springs into action the moment Syvera's arrow hits its mark. He rushes the bandits snarling "Don't move! Hands high!" with his musket leveled at them. He kicks their weapons away and yells to the others. "Rope in my pack, bind their hands behind them, and search them THOROUGHLY for concealed weapons."

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 09:49 AM
Everyone complies, except the bad-bearded man can't lift his left arm up - from the looks of it he had been badly injured not too long ago.

The Vagabond
2014-08-21, 11:48 AM
Kate slowly walked up to the now subdued people, keeping a decent distance.
"Alright... I'll need information about your camp... As much as I can, okay? Do you understand? If you don't provide me the information, I'll set you all on fire, understand?... First off, where is your camp from here? Secondly, what's the makeup of your bandit army? Do you have a Wizard? A sorcerer? A Archivist? Who's your leader? Where are you from? What's the ratio of Mele individuals and Ranged individuals? Are there any choke points? And do you still want the beers we've offered earlier?" she slowly asked.
[roll0]

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 12:03 PM
The one with the wannabe-beard is the only one to reply. "Err... those folks here," and his head moves to his companions, "aren't the brightest, so you'd be better off with one question at a time. Plus, we were all told not to say anything without Happs' approval."

The other three stare at him gloomily, but they seem too shocked to even understand what's really going on, or rather, how this could have happened. "Was s'posed to be a simple job as always," one of them whispers.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-21, 12:16 PM
Oz rushes out to helps bind the the thugs at gunpoint. He spares a look at the downed "Happ."

"Anything we can do for the leader?"

He then pats down the men, checking for concealed weapons.

Oz tries to take 10 or 20 on tying them up if he can.
[roll0] for search
[roll1] for search
[roll2] for search
[roll3] for search

Pelor
2014-08-21, 12:26 PM
Oz rushes out to helps bind the the thugs at gunpoint. He spares a look at the downed "Happ."

"Anything we can do for the leader?"

He then pats down the men, checking for concealed weapons.

Oz tries to take 10 or 20 on tying them up if he can.
[roll0] for search
[roll1] for search
[roll2] for search
[roll3] for search

Syvera jumps off of the side of the palisade and lands with a graceful roll and walks over to retrieve her arrow. "This one can put him out of his misery, if that is what you mean." The Catfolk draws her kukri and waits on a yes or no answer from the group. "It would be better than him suffering, or dying days from now from infection." It is clear that she could care less about saving the bandit. She also does not seem to care if others wish to try.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 12:33 PM
"Ah you could burn him," the half-beard chuckles, not too concerned about his fate as it looks. "He's been born a bastard and dies as one."

You find on Happs - alchemist’s fire (2); leather armor, dagger, composite longbow (+2 Str) with 26 arrows, 2 days of trail rations, silver amulet of a silver stag head and 35 gp
The others all have their short swords, longbows with 53 arrows altogether, and leather armor and 2 days of rations, and the half-beard has 10gp, a gold ring with a ruby in it which can't be removed, and a letter in an envelope.

dupersudi
2014-08-21, 12:43 PM
Alexander starts talking to Syvera and Oz. "If one of our magic users wishes to save him, they're about the only ones who can. As for this sorry lot, I say penal labor. Oleg can put them to work. If they had resisted more it would be another matter, but men so spineless shouldn't prove a threat. Good shot by the way Syvera." He then addresses the new prisoners. "I don't know about my compatriots, but the way I was taught is prisoners either make themselves useful, or they are DEADweight. So if I was you I'd start making myself useful by answering the girls questions."

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 12:49 PM
Oleg, in the meantime, has taken the horses and mules to the stable, making place for them as much as possible. "At leas those animals make up for what we lost," he declares, in a much better mood now.

Svetlana peeks out of the house, then decides it is safe to come out. "You people are amazing, you already captured them." Then she sees the leader on the ground. "I hope that one is dead, he was as awful as the woman leading them."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-21, 01:01 PM
Oz looks to Julian. "He lead them, and might be our best chance for answers."

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 01:35 PM
"He'd be too scared of Kressle to answer," the half-beard says again, almost casually. "He's too dim to get that he is in a worse position now, or he wouldn't have attacked to begin with."

The Vagabond
2014-08-21, 02:08 PM
Kate silently sighed, "Alright, what is the makeup of your team?" she asked.
She then turned away, seeing the dying body of the leader, staring down at it unnerved.
Roll for save against barfing.
[roll0]
Either 1 or 5 bonus.
"SOMEONE HEAL HIM!" she shouts in shock, turning around.
"... I think I'll look at you guys, then..." Roll for save against barfing.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Also, to gather information, then identify.
[roll5]Crap, subtract 7 fron this, unless he'd want to answer.
[roll6]
Finding the ring on the bearded fellow, she tries to identify it.
"What happened there?"

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 02:15 PM
"Don't tell the brat," the tallest of them shouts. "Kressle will kill us!"

Ignoring the comment, the half-beard shruggs. "There were 4 others when we left, and 2 our hunting, but they might not be back for a while. And Kressle, of course. Every now and then we get new people, willingly or not." He looks at his former leader. "You don't want him to live. The last child he couldn't ransom to anyone and who was too small to koin us, he fed to the wolves." Then he wonders what Kate is referring to. "That ring? Got it as a child, finger happens to grow."

dupersudi
2014-08-21, 03:06 PM
"You're not being very helpful." Alexander says to the tallest one. "Another outburst like that and I will question the utility of your existence." Looking at Kate's attempts not to grow ill Alexander sighs. "You'd best get used to it little one, death and violence surrounds us."

Turning to the half beard, Alexander asks the next question. "Are they equipped like you?"

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 03:09 PM
"I'd say most are equipped a lot better. See, the new folks, or people they don't trust, don't get the really good weapons. And most of it gets sold, and then they drink it all away."

The Vagabond
2014-08-21, 04:05 PM
"Where is it located? Your encampment?"

Smileybastard
2014-08-21, 06:28 PM
Azeron

Azeron Looks the downed man and checkes his wounds with the intent to prevent him from dying.

Healing [roll0]

"So they are conscripting people who really do not wish to serve him?"

Grimtina
2014-08-22, 03:57 AM
As the bandit is tended to, barely prevented from dying, the half-beard shrugs. "In the Greenbelt, but I don't have a map and I doubt I would find it alone, I have the wilderness sense of a princess in a ballroom. But if you can track any better than me you just need to follow the way back we came."

"Should have killed you when we found you," one of the other bandits, a man with a rat face, spits at the half.beard.

"Well well you didn't. Yes, they make promises they don't keep, to poor people and such, and they steal young men and women if they can. To ransom them, or to sell, or to live as hey do."

The Vagabond
2014-08-22, 08:29 AM
Kate nodded, shouting over her shoulder, "So, who here is the best at diplomacy? Do we have a... I don't know, Diplomancer (Is that some obscure school, makes sense if it is), or a muscician? Who's good with people, stabbing in backs from a lot of people is incoming for them if we're going with that."
She then gets up, grabs a beer, a quill and a pen, and hands the beer to him, "So, this might seem off topic about the warfare, but how many hits does it take to kill someone? What's the best method to do so?"

Vhaidara
2014-08-22, 08:36 AM
Julian strides over to the bleeding man, his burning hair dying back down. He mutters a few quick words, and the man's bleeding will stop.
I am not the judge of this man's life. I will ensure that he is allowed to reach such a judge.

Cast Stabilize on him, just to be safe.

dupersudi
2014-08-22, 02:56 PM
"And now I am questioning YOUR utility rat face. Honestly, is half beard the only useful one of you lot? I'm not the best people person, killing on the other hand, I am rather experienced with. How many hits it takes depends on where you hit and how hard, see Syvera's shot? It hit a vital point, and he was as good as dead from a single strike. The throat, head, and heart are probably the quickest ways to kill someone, but that's what we are here for." He gestures to the more armed and trained of the group. "You just need to practice your spells, no need for you to fight with weapons."

Smileybastard
2014-08-22, 06:31 PM
Azeron

Azeron thanks half-beard and then Alexander. "If we plan to pacify this land then it is us who will need to be the judges, but we need to know more. I give you my assurance that if you wish to leave the service and help us as best you can, you will earn a place with us. I also assure you I will defend you from this Kressle and his men if you side with us."

The Vagabond
2014-08-22, 08:25 PM
Kate looks over at soldier, "Um... Would you mind not yelling at them? They might not be good, but they shouldn't be tortured." the little girl said, idly casting predestination on the beer, "And... I'd rather not look back, understand? It's... Sorta weird."
Calling over to the Oracle, he shouts, "Thank you! Can someone tie him up, now? I'd rather not die... Also, put him in a straight coat. In a room in the basement. Gagged. We'll deal with him later. Also, could you look at this ring, tell me if you know anything about it?" she says.
She looks to them, and nods with the Paladin, "And he's not alone. Know that I, KATE, shall protect you all against all who dare try to harm." she said.
She paused.
She then tried to appraise the ring.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Smileybastard
2014-08-22, 08:46 PM
Azeron

Azeron smiles at Kate. "The leader's heart is black. The others's hearts are not."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-22, 09:39 PM
Oz looks up from tying up the leader.
"How can you tell? About the heart I mean."

Smileybastard
2014-08-22, 09:42 PM
Azeron

"It is a gift from Iomedae. I can see when people are evil. It does not mean they can't redeem themselves, but he is."

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-22, 10:20 PM
"That's pretty scary stuff. Being able to weigh a man's heart." Oz shudders stepping back and looking at the pack horses the bandits brought. "I'll, uh, just be putting these two in the stock room and their horses in the stable. Let me know if you need anything." Oz proceeds to drag the less talkative bandits into lockup. As he leaves he walks by Kate and whispers. "You did well, first time I saw blood..." He makes to pat the child's shoulder, but pulls away. "You were very brave." With that he goes about his tasks.

Grimtina
2014-08-23, 05:47 AM
To anyone with a little knowledge of local nobles, the ring half-beard is wearing belongs to a minor noble house, the Ildavichs.

dupersudi
2014-08-23, 10:53 AM
Alexander looks at the little girl with a sad smile on his face. "We're not torturing him little miss. It isn't a practice I am fond of and I doubt the paladin would approve anyway. Sure we might not treat them with feather beds and massive dinners, but they are our prisoners, and subject to our commands. And the option of executing them for their crimes is still there for us to pick if need be. Especially if they aren't willing to be redeemed or at the very least cooperate. And death is the fate they would find if most anyone else had caught them."

The Vagabond
2014-08-24, 11:25 AM
Kate paused.
"Okay... Just don't hurt them much, okay? And I remember reading somewhere that that making them comfertable and drunk is actually a pretty good method of getting people to confess things, actually..."
She smiled as Oz boosted her confidence, and stood up, "Mind if I come along?" she asked, skipping alongside the man, quickly trying to appraise their horses.
[roll0]

Grimtina
2014-08-25, 04:42 AM
Kate can't really say much about the horses, asides that they seem to be all healthy.

The Vagabond
2014-08-29, 05:49 PM
Kate idly continues to work with Ozwick, trying her best to help in any way she can.
"So... Where are you from?" she asked him, idly twirling around the silver amulet.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-29, 06:47 PM
Oz wipes his hands on his hips after stabling the pack animals. "Village of Stonegrove, a ways south of the Gronzi and east of the Sellen. I'll miss the food when I run out." He smiles and pats one of his belt pouches before laying out the bandit's gear on his blanket in front of the stockroom. He leans against the wall and checks the leader's bow. He tests the string a few times, drawing and releasing."How about you?"

The Vagabond
2014-08-29, 08:15 PM
"Well, I'm the 'Bastard' of Janet Myned. Not entirely sure about what that is. My father actually liked me a fair amount, and brought me a mage to keep me entertained... Well, I figured out magic. I read his book, the sciences, all of that, and taught myself magic, and was rather good at it... I actually ended up being a better wizard than the person who was hired! So I went and left my house, and looked for someone to apprentice me, like I read in some of the stories my mom told me about the wizard in HER party, and it wasn't easy; Not many wizards are willing to take on a 7 year old girl as a apprentice. Though I did end up finding one, he wasn't the nicest, and only did it because my father nagged him to. He doesn't really like me that much, but I'm learning faster than anyone else in his stead!" she said with a smile on her face.
She pulled out a small board game, and began to set up the pieces.

G.A.M.D.
2014-08-29, 08:46 PM
Oz rubs his sore wrist behind his back, having misdrawn the bow upon hearing Kate's stated origins. He forces himself to keep his face neutral. "Have you seen your parents since you started your apprenticeship?" He reaches into a belt pouch and pops a bit of dried fruit into his mouth, cheeking it and following it up with a sip from a canteen.

The Vagabond
2014-08-29, 09:00 PM
"Yeah, occasionally. My master says that he's really surprised at how adept I am at magic, but with my mother being a good bard, It made sense." she said, idly pulling out some cheese and another loaf of bread, placing it between two slices, idly casting Prestidigitation to melt the cheese.

Vhaidara
2014-08-30, 12:46 AM
Julian's eyes still sparkle with the fires of anger. He puts a hand on Alexander's shoulder and jerks his head to behind his wagon.
We need to talk, soldier.
Assuming Alexander follows him away from the group, Julian whirls on him.
What are you thinking, showing her how to kill? This is no business for a child! It was irresponsible of you, and I would expect better from a grown man!

Smileybastard
2014-08-30, 08:41 AM
Azeron

Azeron looks deep in thought and speaks to the prisoners. "What will happen if you don't return? What will Kressle do?"

Calenestel
2014-08-30, 09:54 AM
Sitting on a barrel, leaning back against the wall Anasia watches the prisoners and her allies... really everything with a thoughtful expression. This wasn't exactly what she had thought it'd be like. Well... the bandits were. Most of them wouldn't be evil monsters but desperate unfortunates driven too far. With stability, law and trade they would be much happier to work their crafts and trades in comfort than plunder and risk death every day. But her companions... Taken one by one they were "ordinary" adventurers... well, except for the wizardling (her very presence bothered the elf in too many ways to name)... it was just that she couldn't clearly define the group dynamics and that made her nervous.

So, for the time being, she kept back and just... observed.

The Vagabond
2014-08-30, 10:29 AM
Slightly earlier,

Kate sat down next to the Elvish Sorcerer, "Hello!" she said, plopping her staff down, creating a small anchor, and climbing up her staff to a barrel above her, "So, how are you?" she asked, idly playing around with her hat, "Scared for me, I get?"

dupersudi
2014-08-30, 11:30 AM
Following Julian away from the group he listens intently. "You realize what our job out here is right? We are here to kill those who resist us and rule whoever is left. There will be much more blood before we are through. The sooner she can learn to cope the better. A panicking child is one that is likely to not listen and do something that can get her hurt or killed, and I do not want that. The sooner she learns how to keep her wits about here and listen to those with more experience in combat the better. Treating killing and death like something mechanical rather than emotional helps, it is how I learned when serving Frigid Northerners as a child. And with a master willing to send her on such a dangerous assignment, the sooner she learns how to fight and survive the better."

Having gotten slightly out of breath saying all of this Alexander pauses briefly and rubs his jaw as he cools off a bit.

"I don't trust this master of hers, and if I could have her sent somewhere safe I would. But the only place we could theoretically send her is back to her master, and I don't think that would be safe. For the time being, the safest place for her is likely with us, despite the dangers we face. I intend to protect her, with my life if need be. But her keeping her composure and following orders makes that much easier and improves her chance of survival dramatically. I can tell you are a man of peace, I can respect that, but don't tell me how to keep her safe. Especially in a combat zone which is what the Greenbelt is. Teach her to be good and humble and all those nice things, make her into a great person please. But I will do whatever I can to make sure she survives."

Vhaidara
2014-08-30, 11:53 AM
Julian is silent for a moment.
You are not wrong. You are not right, either. But I will trust your judgment. However, I hope you understand the weight of what you are doing. You are scarring her. If she becomes numb to the pain of violence and death, as you seem to suggest, especially with her power, she could easily become a far greater danger than anything else we will have to fight.

dupersudi
2014-08-30, 02:19 PM
Alexander stares directly into Julian's eyes. "Then I suppose someone should instill good behavior and ethical attitudes in her to counteract the numbness. Just to be safe. Teach her to be good Julian. Remove the risk now by imparting a solid foundation of good and decency in her. Gods know I couldn't do that."

Calenestel
2014-08-31, 01:21 AM
Julian and Alexander are barely close enough to comfortably follow the conversation and while looking like she didn't do anything of the sorts the sorceress carefully eavesdrops on everything that is being said. It was actually a bit comforting: one of them taking responsibility for the wizardling's longterm survival and the other making sure that her survival isn't creating a monster. It was like a small portion of the chaotic jigzaw puzzle that was their adventuring party was just falling into place and suddenly the rest seemed closer to manageable. With a smile slowly spreading on her face Anasia thinks back to her earlier conversation with the wizardling. Maybe she should make sure to help Julian out with his personal quest...

Looking up from her tea and her thoughts the elf maid meets the half-elven child's look of... was it curiosity? Giving the wizardling a small, friendly smile the sorceress seems to ponder the question before answering. "Better call it worry. I worry for you, that is true, Kate. You are not near adulthood and should maybe just now begin apprenticeship. And you have been sent here by your master in what seems to me an act of the most extraordinary irresponsible nature, from your master. He should tutor you and shelter you from harm until you are a woman grown not..." their is a hint of anger in the elf's voice at this and more than that in her sapphire eyes, at the master though, not the apprentice. After interrupting herself Anasia gives a helpless shrug and the anger subsides and the sorceress admits: "But here you are... and from your cantrips you do know your way around your magicks..."

Smileybastard
2014-08-31, 04:02 AM
Azeron

Azeron looks around at the members of the group. "Kate is a person as well as a child. You can't all be her parents, she has proven to be very smart if inexperienced and she has shown remarkable maturity at times in recognizing that very lack of experience. There is no point in judging her mentor as we know far too little. She is here and she wants to be useful. We shall all be her experience, but in many ways, she is no longer a child."

The Vagabond
2014-08-31, 07:01 AM
She narrowed her eyes at the Elf, [color=salmon]"Hey! My master is a good man! My mother grew to the best when she went adventuring, so I'll do the same! What's with all of you and freaking out over the fact that I'm in an apprenticeship while so young, I WENT TO FIND ONE MYSELF. I wanted to have an apprenticeship, and you know what? He was the only person who wanted to take me in! Because I was six! Pardon me for being good at magic at only eight, and pardon me for being more than capable for watching over myself You know what, I'll show you; Grease! Color Spray!

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

For Kate;
[roll4]
[color=salmon]"... Well, you're still standing, I was hoping to knock you off your feet... I'm sorry, it's just that I don't really like being called weak, and I feel like you insulted my ability by trying to protect me. That's not your job to raise me, I can do that myself."

Azeron would hear clapping coming from Ana's direction, Kate doing so while standing atop the pile of barrels.

Smileybastard
2014-08-31, 08:39 AM
Azeron

Azeron's head drops slightly in disapointment. "Kate, you need to reign in your actions. Spells, like crossbow bolts are dangerous and valuable things. People are not used to people your age being so gifted. It takes some getting used to and will take some time. Please do try to resist acting impulsively and try to be patient with us and we need to be with you."

Diplomacy [roll0] do we use skills rolls on other PC?

The Vagabond
2014-08-31, 08:49 AM
Kate Glares, with a capital G.
"I know that, but what I also know is what the spells do. Grease makes the area slippery, Color Spray blinds and knocks out people. Yes, I know spells like the back of my hand, I'm a wizard. Do you honestly think I'd not know just what my spells could do? Don't lecture me!" she said, the anger in her voice quite obvious.
"And I'm sorry. I just don't like having people thinking I'm incompetent." she said, quite irked by the, to her, somewhat patronizing manner he said it.

Smileybastard
2014-08-31, 09:05 AM
Azeron

Azeron nods calmly. "I am not trying to lecture, but to repair this rift that is forming.
"You do know your spells, far better than I, I am sure. You also know what a crossbow can do. You also know that if we were attacked now and you needed to cast those spells, you very well might be unable to do so.
"I am being as direct and honest as I can be with you. I will not treat you as a child as you do not wish that. Please understand the difference. I was also speaking to the others as well. They need to realize treating you as a child will only make things worse. If you feel you are being treated unfairly, please speak to me and I will see what I can do, but I need you, as one of this group, and the groups most flexible caster, to be in control of your abilities."
Azerons scans the rest of the group. "And the rest of you, please realize that while Kate is young, she is one of us and she deserves your respect."

The Vagabond
2014-08-31, 09:08 AM
Kate smiles at Azeron, and hugs him.
"Thank you. And yeah, I understand now and regret it... It really was a waste of spells. But not much I can do now to undo it." she said.

Smileybastard
2014-08-31, 09:26 AM
Azeron

Azeron smiles and hugs her back. "Try to not regret. Realize you can learn much more from mistakes than successes." He keeps his hand on Kate's shoulder.

"If we are going to deal with this and other problems we need to learn all we can and begin to prepare."

"Kate I would like you to stay with me for now as my adviser, but realize that means I will reject many of your ideas. It is the hardest part of being an adviser."

"Now who is good at reading people? We need to get a feel for those who have surrendered to us and as much information as we can. While I can see if a heart is black I am not that good at determining if someone is lying or being truthful. I do not want to torture them nor do I want to put weapons in their hands yet, even if you feel we can trust them."

"We also need someone to look at the balistas and see how effective they can be, how many people we need to operate one and how much ammunition we have. We need an assessment of our supplies, including water, in case of a siege of some sort."

"Is there a way we can set up some sort of early warning if others are coming? Anything magical? A high tower? Are there other people in the area?"

"Other suggestions?"

Vhaidara
2014-08-31, 11:20 AM
Julian turns to Azeron.
I have become a fair judge of people in my time. Though a skilled liar may still be able to deceive me, I feel I have a better chance than most to see through their deceptions.

Smileybastard
2014-08-31, 12:05 PM
Azuron

Azuron nods. "Then if you are comfortable, take charge of questioning the prisoners. We need to learn all we canabout the bandits and who can potentially join us eventually. I suggest you take another with you."

Grimtina
2014-09-01, 07:08 AM
In all this, the bandits have kept quiet, while Oleg and his wife are feeding the new animals. The only bandit who had talked until now seems to be both amused and curious. "And here I thought she was the child of one of you." Although he hasn't heard everything, it's clear he understood quite a bit. He turns to Kate. "Hey, girl, I wasn't much older when I got lost adventuring, so maybe one day you'll end up just like me."

Vhaidara
2014-09-01, 09:41 AM
Julian looks at the man, his eyes full of sorrow.
She will not. She has something that you, sadly, did not. She has people who care for her. we could help you, if you are willing to try and redeem yourself.

The Vagabond
2014-09-01, 09:44 AM
Kate stared at Keldrath, and turned to the man.
"You know, I'm smart, no offense meant. I don't need to rob to make money, and adventuring pays better over the long run, my mother told me. Anyway, did you even want to become a bandit?"
She also nudged Julian, casting Detect Magic on the ring again (Because she forgot she had it), and pointed to it.

Grimtina
2014-09-01, 10:19 AM
(char name is Julian. The bandit's ring can't be removed from his finger unless you shrink the finger or cut it off)

The captive chuckles. "I never had much choice over anything in my life. Don't remember much about where I'm from, but I remember my father didn't pay my ransom when I got taken during one of his adventuring sprees. It's one thing I remember from my early past. 'Never pay ransom, it makes you vulnerable.'" Then he looks at Julian with a smirk. "Yeah, keep her from getting lost and she'll be fine. As for me, I have nowhere to go, and learned nothing else. If we don't return in time, Kressle will probably take the hint and break camp. That's what you asked about earlier, I believe."

Vhaidara
2014-09-01, 10:27 AM
And Player name is Keledrath :smalltongue:

Well, you have a choice now. You can join us. This Kressle sounds like a poor example of humanity. Would you aid us in bringing him to justice, in exchange for a second chance?

The Vagabond
2014-09-01, 02:10 PM
Kate nods, "Yeah, you can. If you can even remember the general area, I can have Mr Fluffykins scout above to locate it for us."