PDA

View Full Version : Healbot help.

Elkad
2014-08-15, 05:07 PM
Er, nevermind the whole thing. I just found this..
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?133118-Retooling-the-Healer-(Heal-it!-Heal-it!-No-one-wants-to-be-defeated!)

So I'm considering a Healer as a healbot/NPC in a 3-man party (as a cohort probably). The idea is to gimp it even further, by removing the Unicorn companion.

As a trade for the Unicorn, I'd like to add a few more spells. Kind of like a 2nd healing Domain

1. Lesser Vigor
3. Vigor
4. Delay Death
5. Greater Vigor

Ideas to fill in the rest?

nedz
2014-08-15, 07:07 PM
They also get Sanctified spells from BoED which helps out a great deal.

Elkad
2014-08-16, 03:28 PM
Sanctified spells do pretty much what I'm NOT looking for. Summons, damage, etc.

I wanted a walking heal wand. The homebrew healer class above does that nicely. (and since it's spontaneous, doesn't even have access to Sanctified).

Our DM suggested it, we hashed out a couple minor mods between us, and I rolled with it. My new cohort is an only moderately optimized cowardly duskfolk lizardman healer who sneaks around the battlefield healing (or eating the guys too far gone to be saved). No, his alignment isn't good either.

In the party intro, he stunned a kitten with his sling and ate it alive! :smalleek:

Everyone is disgusted with his unsavory habits, but we had been getting by on potions (expensive!), and he's damn good at his job, so they are tolerating him.