PDA

View Full Version : The two backgrounds from the new horde adventure

CyberThread
2014-08-15, 08:15 PM
Cult of the Dragon Infiltrator: You have infiltrated the ranks fo the Cult of the Dragon. Having spied on the organization for quite some time, you are familiar with its inner workings and customs. You have a second identity as an initiate of the cult, enough of a facade to blend in as a simple grunt or servant.

Dragon Scholar: You have studied dragons and their lore for many years. You can automatically identify locations built or used by dragons and can identify dragon eggs and scales by sight. If you fail an Intelligence check to recall lore relating to dragons, you know someone or some book you can consult for the answer.

Totema
2014-08-15, 09:08 PM
The ToD Adventurer's League guide also mentions an Urchin background that's not found in the PHB. But there's no word if that's going to be in the Horde material, or some other core book.

Human Paragon 3
2014-08-16, 12:31 AM
The ToD Adventurer's League guide also mentions an Urchin background that's not found in the PHB. But there's no word if that's going to be in the Horde material, or some other core book.

Urchin is in the PHB.

Those backgrounds seem weirdly specific compared to Spy and Scholar, but it does kind of show what can be done if you want to craft a background carefully to your specific game.

Totema
2014-08-16, 01:31 AM
Urchin is in the PHB.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

I was distracted by the samurai on the other page, I guess. *SIGH*