PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Technology Guide Opinions

Milo v3
2014-08-16, 06:06 AM
The Technology Guide was just added to the Pathfinder Reference Document, detailing rules for future technology like cybernetics, cloning tanks, ai, and cameras 3,000 gp.

What are peoples opinions on this sourcebook?

Ravens_cry
2014-08-16, 06:36 AM
Not something I see much use for, but I am glad it's there.

Alleran
2014-08-16, 07:07 AM
I see no particular use for it myself without a GM who explicitly allows its use. Some of the stuff there is useful, I guess (e.g. cybernetics that give enhancement bonuses to ability scores or skill checks, except unlike a magic item they can't be removed without tearing them out of the body and don't go away in antimagic fields), but I don't see myself using more than a few niche elements, and then only in specific situations. So I don't see much point in it, but I'm obviously not the target audience.

And that it lacks a clear lightsaber weapon is a crime against humanity.

Milo v3
2014-08-16, 08:29 AM
And that it lacks a clear lightsaber weapon is a crime against humanity.

There is a Techno/Magic sword that glows when you activate it, is perfect for killing droids, only a single order uses them, and it cuts through anything. I'm pretty sure it may as well be a lightsabre.

EDIT: Hm.... wonder what would happen if you cast shrink item on a Quantum Box, put the small box in the big box, then activated them....

Craft (Cheese)
2014-08-16, 09:47 AM
My jaw dropped down to the floor when I saw there was an "Antitech Field" spell. I'm trying to figure out what the spell could actually *do* that would selectively disable nanites without also disabling human cells.

Milo v3
2014-08-16, 09:52 AM
My jaw dropped down to the floor when I saw there was an "Antitech Field" spell. I'm trying to figure out what the spell could actually *do* that would selectively disable nanites without also disabling human cells.

Pressumably it does the same thing as Anti-Magic Field do to selectively disable anything magic, without turning off golems.

Squirrel_Dude
2014-08-16, 10:08 AM
The chameleon suit seems like a pretty sweet item.

It also seems balanced in the same way that the firearm rules were: "If we just make everything super expensive, people won't use it." I'm glad that this book exists, but it feels like something that would be better realized as part of a separate setting that as a part of the Pathfinder base game.

Alleran
2014-08-16, 11:56 AM
A wizard did it!

deuxhero
2014-08-16, 12:44 PM
The lack of alchemist support in the spells section is really disturbing. You'd think they'd get FIRST priority for technology related spells given how much closer they are.

I'm glad there is FINALLY support for using an alternate body slot for strength/dex bonuses.