PDA

View Full Version : Int based Heal?

Taverick
2014-08-16, 12:57 PM
Is there a way to make Heal an Int based Skill? Not add my int to it a certain number of times, but to make the stat it pulls from int instead of wis.

gorfnab
2014-08-16, 01:04 PM
Keen Intellect (OA) feat

Taverick
2014-08-16, 01:13 PM
Keen Intellect (OA) feat

That feat doesn't actually make a skill use int, just gives a bonus to int based skills. Doesn't help at all. Unless we're looking at different versions.

MilesTiden
2014-08-16, 01:31 PM
Actually, the Keen Intellect feat that changes out Int for Wis is I believe a regional feat for Rokugan, in Dragon Magazine #318. It also replaces Wis for Will saves with Int.

Tommy2255
2014-08-16, 01:48 PM
Wait, so if there's a feat that lets you use int instead of wis for all your wis based skills and will saves, why would any int-based character ever not take it, and why do you even have a wis stat at that point? Why haven't I heard about this before?

Hamste
2014-08-16, 01:57 PM
Wait, so if there's a feat that lets you use int instead of wis for all your wis based skills and will saves, why would any int-based character ever not take it, and why do you even have a wis stat at that point? Why haven't I heard about this before?

Because most people who focus on intelligence are tight on early feats because they want to get into a prc as early as possible plus get other good feats, have a high base will with spells to back it up already and they don't really care about the wis based skill? Besides it being in one dragon magazine of course which makes it somewhat rare to see (Though it is mentioned in x stat to Y bonus)

Taverick
2014-08-16, 02:24 PM
Well in that case the feat is exactly what I need and I apologize to gorfnab.

MilesTiden
2014-08-16, 02:31 PM
And it's technically not all Wis based skills, it's a list of skills that just happens to include every core Wis based skill that's not Profession. :smalltongue:

This does mean that it doesn't affect skills from other sources however.

Diovid
2014-08-16, 02:41 PM
And it's technically not all Wis based skills, it's a list of skills that just happens to include every core Wis based skill that's not Profession. :smalltongue:

This does mean that it doesn't affect skills from other sources however.
It also doesn't affect Listen.

sideswipe
2014-08-16, 07:36 PM
WOW knowing this feat a week ago when trying to early entry cheese over with skills would have been really useful.....