PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Creating Raziel from Soul Reaver without Psionics (as PC or NPC)

Spore
2014-08-16, 03:05 PM
Yeah I know, I have to skip the Spectral Reaver since Soul Knife isn't available.

Yora
2014-08-16, 03:14 PM
The trouble begins right with figuring out what exactly he is? He's an undead who got even more undead. Probably needs a custom template.

Spore
2014-08-16, 06:29 PM
The trouble begins right with figuring out what exactly he is? He's an undead who got even more undead. Probably needs a custom template.

Well he is a being that has been cast out of the wheel of life and death (as all undead are and why the Elder One despises them) but he is also not bound to the fate the gods have in play for him. So the template should have some sort of undead character with methods to elude the choices of fate (be it dice rolls or immunity to divine interference). Honestly everything else the story presents is bound to the setting (time travel, Hylden and non-undead uncursed Vampire races).

Basing an entire template on his characteristics seems a bit over the top since he is a snowflake under snowflakes. He is as setting exclusive as Drizz't.

I would make him a Human Vampire Juju Zombie Antipaladin of the Elder One (without the odd fluff parts about Antipaladins). Although that is just ... very wrong for the later portions of the trilogy.

lytokk
2014-08-18, 10:46 AM
Its been a while since I played the Soul Reaver games, so I'll just throw out what I can remember. I remember at the beginning he could only come to the material plane by possessing a corpse. So that makes me think he'd be some sort of Vampire ghost. Maybe start with an Avariel or Raptoran Vampire. I think raptoran have claws, and I remember clawing my way through a good part of the game, at least until you could keep the soul reaver out for longer.

I'm honestly not sure how to go about this. He was a vampire, but vampires really don't fit what he does. I don't remember him ever sustaining himself on blood, just on captured souls. I really miss those games, wish they'd get around to finishing what they started in Defiance.

Psyren
2014-08-18, 11:19 AM
Incarnate Weapon could also simulate the reaver, but soulknife really would be best given all the elemental malarkey he can staple to it.