PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Endless Ammunition

SirWolf312
2014-08-16, 04:38 PM
The Endless Ammunition enchantment states that when a bow is knocked with this enchantment, it creates a non-magical arrow. Does this mean that it can create arrows other than normal ones such as bleeding arrows, thistle arrows, blunt arrows and so on? I would argue that it would but it seems a bit unbalanced when it comes to the more expensive types.

Lightlawbliss
2014-08-16, 05:39 PM
Up to your DM, but that is a possible interpretation.

ericgrau
2014-08-16, 06:33 PM
I don't think "non-magical" here is meant to be a complete list of all the limitations, but rather a basic description of the single particular type of arrow it makes. They also don't tell you the length, shaft material, tip material, tip shape, size category of it, nor whether it is an archery arrow or a sign arrow or some other kind of arrow, nor whether it has any other kind of attachments such as alchemical explosions. But I don't think they need to specify all that for you to know that it can't. If every time the book mentioned something it elaborated this much, the rule books would be quite literally 10 times thicker and I think that is a bit silly to expect.

Otherwise, time to get rich off of unlimited diamond arrows. And no, it is not the book's fault for failing to tell you that you can't do this because that is an unreasonable level of detail. Even if it's only one sentence to stop this or any particular thing you have in mind, you have to consider the billion other sentences for everything else equally crazy.

If your DM wants to allow a limited list of cheap arrows then that is reasonable too, but it is a house rule. Beware "the rules don't say I can't". It is a slippery slope. Today fancy arrows, tomorrow the world.