PDA

View Full Version : Converting the grig to a playable non-monstrous race for pathfinder.

Panzie
2014-08-16, 06:37 PM
How would one convert the grig to a playable race for pathfinder and make it equal to 20 point buy characters?

Every time I use the game's rules for converting "monstrous" races, the grig somehow ends up being more powerful than humanoids except in the strength department.

I"m well aware of the issues of tiny monsters and races, and that -2 strength is rough.

so how would I go about this?

Extra Anchovies
2014-08-16, 06:44 PM
How would one convert the grig to a playable race for pathfinder and make it equal to 20 point buy characters?

Every time I use the game's rules for converting "monstrous" races, the grig somehow ends up being more powerful than humanoids except in the strength department.

I"m well aware of the issues of tiny monsters and races, and that -2 strength is rough.

so how would I go about this?

Remove the fiddle, change some or all of its SLAs (especially Invisibility and Disguise Self) to 1/day, make spell resistance HD-dependent (10 +1 per 2HD?) and give it a full hit die as a fey (so that a 1st-level Grig character is ECL 5 after factoring in the +3 LA, the racial hit die, and the class level)? Not too well versed in adapting monsters to use as PCs, so this may be way off the mark of balance (and/or may not be what you're looking for).

Panzie
2014-08-16, 06:50 PM
I would prefer not needing level adjustment, so in that case would I simply roll/buy stats and ignore any high strength scores in place of getting the magic resistance?