PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Subraces

Milo v3
2014-08-17, 06:55 AM
Psiforged is a subrace of warforged, but the only difference is that psiforged take a certain feat at first level.

What other feats would be good idea to be flavoured as being different subtypes if taken at first level?

Nettlekid
2014-08-17, 07:01 AM
Oh, I was expecting this to be about the Warforged Scout, Warforged Charger, and Warforged Titan.

Really any of the armor feats count. Heavy Warforged being ones with the Adamantine Body feat, Swift Warforged with Mithral Body, Wild Warforged with Ironwood Body, and Basic (perhaps Customizable) Warforged with the Unarmored Body feat. The biggest thing is that they wouldn't be so much subraces as "models," I'd say.

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 07:20 AM
Well, I recently made this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?366427-Warforged-Template-(and-variants)), which is several variant Warforged. It also turned warforged into a template, so you can have a warforged modeled after an existing race (So Scout would use a kobold or a whisper gnome model)

Milo v3
2014-08-17, 07:37 AM
Really any of the armor feats count. Heavy Warforged being ones with the Adamantine Body feat, Swift Warforged with Mithral Body, Wild Warforged with Ironwood Body, and Basic (perhaps Customizable) Warforged with the Unarmored Body feat. The biggest thing is that they wouldn't be so much subraces as "models," I'd say.
The armour feats should've been obvious to me *Facepalm*.

Well, I recently made this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?366427-Warforged-Template-(and-variants)), which is several variant Warforged. It also turned warforged into a template, so you can have a warforged modeled after an existing race (So Scout would use a kobold or a whisper gnome model)

So tomb tainted soul.

Vhaidara
2014-08-17, 07:39 AM
So tomb tainted soul.

Well, the body feats had already been mentioned. That's the main point of change.

Prime32
2014-08-17, 11:53 AM
There was a Dragon article with tables for random traits for nonstandard warforged designs. Mainly I remember the warforged without faces, and the ones with heads shaped like cubes. :smalltongue:

Oh, I was expecting this to be about the Warforged Scout, Warforged Charger, and Warforged Titan.Don't forget Warforged Raptors, and the ancient models like Quorcraft Warforged.

On the feats angle I'd say Spiked Body, Jaws of Death and Silver/Cold Iron Tracery count. You could also spin the dragonborn template as a different model.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-17, 11:59 AM
Isn't there a Xen'drik 'forged variant too? Though iirc they're not player suitable for some reason.

Gildedragon
2014-08-17, 12:59 PM
Isn't there a Xen'drik 'forged variant too? Though iirc they're not player suitable for some reason.

Those are the quorcraft. Not suitable for pcs because they totes insane

CryptbornAkryea
2014-08-17, 04:46 PM
Which Dragon Magazine has the nonstandard warforged in it?