PDA

View Full Version : GotG as a tabletop session gone horribly wrong!

Dalebert
2014-08-17, 08:35 AM
This may have already been posted. It should have already been posted anyway. Apologies if so.

http://iliadawry.tumblr.com/post/94965363725/nidoranduran-lyraeon-patrickat-lyraeon

Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.

DM Nate
2014-08-17, 10:35 AM
That's pretty damn funny. Also, accurate.

Rakaydos
2014-08-17, 05:11 PM
Too busy statting Rocket as a Chandra-fan Bounty Hunter/gageteer in Edge of Empire.

IllogicalBlox
2014-08-17, 06:15 PM
Groot would be a really tough Wilden or a Hamadryad wearing the 3.5 "Girdle of Mascilinity".

Sith_Happens
2014-08-17, 07:01 PM
Don't forget the part where Groot is played by the resident powergamer.

Dalebert
2014-08-17, 07:38 PM
Don't forget the part where Groot is played by the resident powergamer.

So I'm not the only one who noticed he's nigh immortal and has a bajillion powers.

Eldan
2014-08-18, 02:00 AM
But Groot took several flaws during creation ,he can't possibly be overpowered!

jaydubs
2014-08-18, 02:41 AM
Peter was a new player's attempt to be "the Hero." He's just a big mash-up of protagonist cliches. He's literally an orphaned, lady's man, dual wielding version of Han Solo who also has a jet pack. And he calls himself Starlord. Plus:

He's also secretly a prince.

Heck, he's probably played by the DM's little brother.

Zrak
2014-08-18, 02:50 AM
The best part, for me, was this post making me realize the eerie similarity between Quill, a thief I played in one of my first campaigns, and Quill, the character from the movie. He had pretty awful stats and, like, no points in stealth, so his approach to basically every problem that wasn't a lock or trap was to take refuge in audacity and talk his way out of it.

I would say they had totally different backstories, but a running joke of the character was that I would routinely change the details of his backstory whenever they came up, then scramble to reconcile the conflicting details if anyone remembered the old version. I'm sure he was an orphaned prince of, like, six countries by the time I retired him to try a mage.