PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Naked Goose (IG)

sonofzeal
2014-08-17, 04:38 PM
The Flight of the Naked Goose - In-Game

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081030135829/eberron/images/2/2b/101320.jpg

There are times when moments flow one from the other, as if the march of history had ordained a thing to come to pass, and the mortal participants merely follow the courses laid out for them.

And then there are times when a single mortal's hand seems to defy the order of things, and reality is turned on its head.

Fighting on the airship was over almost as soon as it had begun. The rag-tag bunch of would-be pirates, hastily assembled from whoever happened to be interested in the right tavern tales, overthrew the well-trained and well-armed Airship Marshals as if Dol Dorn himself, god of Strength and War, had lead them. Resisters were slain or dumped over the sides, and only those willing to turn coats survived.

The Airship, newly re-christened as "The Naked Goose", presently hung two thousand feet in the air, just south of the Blackcap mountains. Under them, a forest in the bloom of spring spread green in every direction, but the hearthfires of the forestry town of Woodhelme gave it away with the gentle plumes of white smoke. The scene in all directions was idyllic.

And the pirates, suddenly in possession of a state-of-the-art Airship, would now have to figure out what to do with the blasted thing.

Current gold on hand: 0
Current food supply: 2 days
Current NPC crew compliment: 8

fozzie59
2014-08-17, 10:19 PM
Josephine Evermoiste
After capturing the ship and looking around at your new treasure, you see a young woman who you soon realise is an elf, almost radiating with power. She comes out of the guest rooms and looks like she is ready to get into a fist fight with a troll.
Just to be clear you sons of bitches, You might have captured this ship from that last bastard, but it is MY SHIP! If you don't show my girl some ****ing respect, I will eat you alive, **** you out over the ocean and piss on the pile of ****! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!?! She looks around again to see if she can pick out the captain. Seeing a spider on deck she walks over I am at your service. Use me the way I'm meant to be used, as mother of this ship, taking care of her child. But **** with my ship and you will be at my mercy. Captain my Captain.. Without waiting for a reply she turns and starts on the repairs to her baby. Mend, Repair Minor and Repair Moderate for what is needed

sonofzeal
2014-08-19, 10:55 PM
Half a dozen burly men (and a couple equally-burly women) face Josephine blankly for a moment or two, and then seem to deflate, the power rush of the sudden victory draining right out of them. One even shuffles his foot and mutters something that sounds like "yes'm", as if he was a schoolboy being scolded by a teacher.

There wasn't much damage to the ship beyond a sword gash into a wood railing, and another spot where someone had fallen heavily against a staircase and cracked one of the steps. Josephine's magic is entirely sufficient to repair both. The rest is merely cosmetic - blood splatters, mud tracked around, general disorder of boxes and ropes. A mop and bucket and a couple deckhands would be better for these than magic.

summonergeek
2014-08-20, 02:02 AM
Dirk has not stopped playing his flute since the start of the battle, although now that the battle has concluded his music is considerably more celebratory in nature. He finally stops playing to speak.The World is ours ladies and gentlemen, to explore, ravage and plunder as we see fit. Although if anyone suggests we go to mournland, they are going to be fed to a giant spider demon thing.

Malvok
2014-08-20, 11:47 AM
Marveen Farseer
Looking Joesephine over with a diseased look I lean back against a crate with a careless expression on my face.

Setting forward to cleaning my nails, I add to the conversations in a drull tone. "With an attitude like that you will find this ship not going anywhere quickly. And don't even think of starting to utter threats at me. It will not go well." For the final sentence I speak in a clear cold voice, looking up from my nails to stare Joesphine dead in the eyes in cold stare.

"But if that's settled we should discuss where it is you want this ship flown." I head towards the ships bridge if we are not already on it. and Move and take up the Pilots seat. if anyone is sitting in the seat I order them out Curtly."Out!" If they don't move within 5 seconds. I hold up my hand and count lowering one finger on my right hand with each number. If he hasn't moved by the time I get to zero from the chair. I chant some non-nonsensical jabber opening all the fingers on my hand and swat my hand downwards towards him.

Taking My seat I place my hands on the controls and take a deep breath. closing my eyes, feeling them over in a little meditative stance.

Opening my eyes and taking the controls, I take us off and away from the where we took over the ship, and fly off and find a large cloud to fly off into and above of. "So where to first?"

I Energy Push Sonic the poor crew mate if ones there. [roll0]

Auto-hypnosis check to gain psionic Focus. [roll1] DC15 if the first doesn't work I do it again until I achieve it.

Profession airship Pilot [roll2]

sonofzeal
2014-08-20, 02:02 PM
Nobody was foolish enough to interfered with Marveen Farseer's path to the helm. As his hands grip the wheel, the ship responded smoothly and efficiently to his touch, dipping slightly and then humming to life with a palpable energy and vivacity that even the recently-deceased House Lyrandar pilot never managed. Something feels right or natural about it, as if the ship were waiting for just this moment.

Josephine:
What he's doing is, as far as you're aware, completely impossible. He's good, sure, but the Naked Goose has some custom features on the controls that seem to be activating themselves without him even touching them. It'd be impressive if it wasn't kinda creepy, from your perspective at least.

fozzie59
2014-08-20, 08:12 PM
Josephine Evermoiste

She looks over to the new captain of the ship. There is something definitely wrong about him or it or whatever the hell he is, but she has never felt this ship work so perfectly for one being in her existence, except her that is, but she knew all it's secrets. Something big was happening at this moment, even if she was the only one to feel it. Perhaps she should be more careful how she spoke to this leader, not because of what he said, for she was confident that she could handle herself against a pirate but because no one should be able to handle her baby the way he could. So either he had skills or even her ship was afraid to go against him. She walks up to the captain at the helm and addresses him.
My captain, I am Josephine Evermoiste, and when I said this was my ship it's because it truly is. Even if I were to die today this ship would still be mine, I gave birth to it, and watched it abused year in and out. To see you flying it, makes me glad, for ne'er have I ever seen someone fly her with such grace. Might I suggest we fly to somewhere where I can finish repairs and possibly even upgrades on her so she will treat you the way you should be? At that Josephine turns and returns to the lower decks to check on repairs.

sonofzeal
2014-08-20, 09:05 PM
Josephine
Belowdecks, all looks well. The Magichinery is all functioning well, and polished to a well-tuned shine. The Elemental Containment System that powers the ship is glowing slightly. Odd. It has a soft yellow nimbus that, to your experienced eye, almost looks... happy?

Marveen Farseer
Ports are available at any major city and several minor ones. But with rapel lines, you and the other crew can embark and disembark just about anywhere with a little time and effort.The closest port would be Woodhelme not five minutes south of you, with a crude airship pier that's hardly ever used since most fo their wares travel by Lightning Rail. The closest major port would be the capital, a few hours to the south, but there's an extensive military presence there. The largest would be Sharn, a day's travel to the southwest, the biggest city on the continent.

Malvok
2014-08-21, 10:17 AM
reposing because the rolls messed up on the first post

Malvok
2014-08-21, 10:20 AM
Flipping and toggling some switches, I stomp on the pedals give the Flight stick a big pull back, up and back, and start giving the Wheel quick sharp turns. Sending the ship on a sudden swerve and arc as Josephine heads down the stairs. Turning the ship to face south east, we start quickly elevating high into the sky. "First thing though, we should probably pick up some supplies."

Pressing some more buttons, I plot in a course towards the Faded Forest. When we get towards the dragonwood, I fly the ship low over the trees, Pausing when we get to crossing the main road. Waiting for night, or all seen ways to be clear I would Fly up up high and off across the road towards the faded forest. I scout for a Thorpe along the way before we get to the forest, one we can hit under cover of night. Doing my best and using my knowledge of the land, I would lower us down to the best cover I can find.

"Alright Captain, I've set us down by a 'supply depo'" I turn towards him and draw little finger quotes in the air as I speak.

"I suggest we stock up with everything so we can be prepared for a long trip if needed. Wake the boys, It's time for some fun."

Know Geography : [roll0]
Know AeroSpace Mechanics: [roll1]
Profession Airship Pilot: [roll2]

sonofzeal
2014-08-21, 12:29 PM
Even before reaching the Faded Forest, just by Orien Trade Road 544, lies a small community. A few farms dot the landscape, followed by a cluster of ten houses, and then a trade stop by the road likely catering to weary travellers. It's still mid-morning by the time you arrive, and there's a small Orien caravan some ways distant and heading away. No sign of anything approaching, and while that can change as the day progresses, this isn't the Lightning Rail - anything moving along this road is likely to be horse-drawn and not much faster than a light job.

The coast, as they say, looks clear.

Malvok
2014-08-21, 01:12 PM
"Alright we got a supply stop in sight. Get men on those Ballista's! Qede going to take out the caravan headed away from us. Then at night we will take the town. We need ALL HANDS ON DECK!MAN THE BALISTAS MEN TO THE REPELL LINES DROP AND ROLL FROM THE LINES AS NEEDED ILL SLOW TO A SAFE SPEED WHEN A CARAVANS DOWN. USE THE BATISTA'S TO TAKE THEM OUT!"

I veer towards the caravan in the distance, staying high in the air till were almost on top of them. Diving suddenly calling out shortly before hand, "ALL HANDS BUCKLE DOWN AND BRACE YOURSELVES!!!! WE'RE GOING DOWN IN 30.. 29.." and I continue counting until I get to one and send us into a nose dive, pulling out of it to align ourselves behind the rear carriage. Listening and waiting for confirmation that it's been shot.

Proff Pilot: [roll1d20+9[/roll]

Malvok
2014-08-21, 01:13 PM
[roll0] because I wrote it wrong the first time.

Malvok
2014-08-21, 01:14 PM
[roll0] Hope it works this time.

Malvok
2014-08-21, 01:16 PM
I rolled a damed die this time. got a 17 addinging 9 is 26. because for some reason writing [roll0] wont bloody work for me right now.

KalvinIbur
2014-08-21, 08:47 PM
I like yer go getter spirit Farseer, keep that up and a promotion could b'on yer horizons.
Kelly's voice is a gravelly mess scraping out of what passes for lips. He sifts through the left overs of the original crew until he finds the biggest hat available.

point the goose's ass at 'em and open up the cargo hold. We'll take them buggies horses an all.

(could we please have some details on the caravan?)

sonofzeal
2014-08-21, 11:07 PM
The caravan consists of three open carts and four covered carriages, each pulled by a pair of horses. One cart is full of hay, the others with boxes and barrels whose content is not even slightly evident from far off. From here you can count seven drivers, obviously, and another five with what appear to be pikes. As you descend on them, though, the cry gets raised and another three spill out of the carts brandishing crossbows. An impressive showing, the type a valuable cargo might receive. More than enough to scare off the average band of briggands.

You aren't the average band of briggands.

Combat will start tomorrow afternoon. Anything you want to do before metal starts flying around, post it by then!

Malvok
2014-08-22, 07:59 AM
"We'll never get the good cart, the best goods will likely be in the middle of their group. So we'll cripple and sweep up. Keep and Eye out for runners. We don't need uninvited company."

sonofzeal
2014-08-22, 06:30 PM
The Naked Goose descends on the caravan as a falcon descending on a particularly unfortunate gerbil. Rappel lines are already snaking their way down as the prow ballista comes to bear on a guardsman whose previously-white pants begin to take on a particularly evocative shade of brown.

Yet to act:
Kelly
Dirk
Josephine
Marveen (acts for ship)

KalvinIbur
2014-08-22, 08:30 PM
using his skyhook Kelly hangs down the side of the ship, he licks salivating lips as he stares down the caravaners.

Luckily for you we're not all together hungry for flesh, so you may all walk away. But do it quickly.

-cast summon spider swarm

Just walk away... walk away.

-Intimidation + use prejudice feat + spiders?
How do I roll?

KalvinIbur
2014-08-22, 08:55 PM
[ roll ]1d20+8[ /roll ]

KalvinIbur
2014-08-22, 08:57 PM
[roll0]

"please add more then 10 characters to your message" robots always wantin' more

Malvok
2014-08-22, 10:25 PM
I take a shot pew just as we swoop down into sight and range. I am for one of the middleish frontish wagons trying to create a cascading collision.

[roll0]

Malvok
2014-08-22, 10:31 PM
The arrow bursts forth from the balista flying keen straight into the back of the cart sending wood splintering and flying everywhere.

[roll0]

summonergeek
2014-08-23, 01:08 PM
What we need now is some battle music, a jaunty tune to send them fleeing for there lives. Dirk activates his bardic music granting a plus 2 to attack, damage and saves against fear. (I have a feat that makes it higher than it should be for this level of bard.)

sonofzeal
2014-08-23, 03:29 PM
As the piercing notes of Dirk's flute rang out, the literally piercing ballista bolt sailed clean through the front carriage... and out the other side, carrying a well-dressed figure, a high-ranked Courier by the looks of things. Or ex-courier, rather. She's not likely to be courie-ing anything again. Or breathing, for that matter.

The guards see that, and the hideous spider-demon leering at them, and rightly decide that their job isn't worth whatever fate lies in store for them if they stay. Most have the presence of mind to keep their weapons with them, but more than a couple pikes litter the ground as the survivors flee towards cover of forest.

KalvinIbur
2014-08-23, 05:24 PM
kelly

Good show lads! Round up those carts and load 'em in the goose, horses and all. Be sure and check for passengers we'll be having no stowaways.

Kelly lowers himself to the ground and scuttles towards the courier for a good looting.

Malvok
2014-08-23, 05:55 PM
"We could always use some extra hands."

Having opened the bay doors and 'landed' as best the ship I could. I would walk out on deck.

"What do you say about entering a life of piracy lads?" I call out to those standing idly by.

"We offer spoils, adventure, and of course passage away from your current employer to whom you have recently failed." I wave my hand out to the devistated cart. And weapons that had been thrown down.

"You will be required to prove yourself of course, and you can start by lining up the horses and gathering everything to be loaded in our storage bays."

Turning to the spider creature. "And I dont know how many times I need to tell you this, but all the carts are not going to fit. We might get one in with the horses. But our ship, for as much as you believe so, does not happen to be bigger on the inside."

Turning back to the faces in the crowd. "So who wants to be the smart fellow here and step forward to what pur new belongings are, and who they no longer belong to?"

sonofzeal
2014-08-23, 10:35 PM
Marveen Farseer gives a stirring lecture to the crowd of horses. A few of the fleeing guards turn to peer before getting out of earshot, but none stop their panicked rush for the forestline. The deckhands behind cheer though, and begin rappelling down to take the spoils of war.

A pair of horses broke free, but twelve remain. There isn't much room for horses on the ship, but there might be room for a couple if someone takes special care of them.

Three pikes and a crossbow lie on the ground.

The Courier seems like they had some clout. On her person you find a +1 chain shirt, a +1 buckler, a +1 short sword, a potion of cat’s grace, a potion of cure moderate wounds, 7 days of rations, a waterskin, 250 gp, identification papers marking her as a licenced House Orien Courier, and traveling papers.

Most of the wares in the caravan are building supplies, heavy for their value (and airships have finite carrying capacity). One of the carriages is full of casks of Aundair wine, though, and there's a cart full of fresh vegetables headed for Sharn, and another full of boxes that open to reveal an assortment of legal papers of dubious worth to any but the most technical-minded... and a small case packed with gems of varying sizes, each with a small Arcane Mark denoting its value.

Malvok
2014-08-24, 02:34 PM
Marveen Farseer.

We leave the building supplies. But load the wine and everything else. I make sure to hold onto the paper documents to read over. Particularly the travel papers.

After everything is loaded, and assign some deck hands to tie up and care for the horses, we put the stolen gems and things in the secure cargo, and store the wine in the regular storage cupboard.Will you make a ruling as to how many if any of the carts and wagons will actually fit on the ship what with the limited carrying capacity and storing the horses and wine. because we'll take what we can. I take the ship back up into the sky over the cover of the treetops or into a clouds and start to read over the papers in detail.

KalvinIbur
2014-08-24, 04:15 PM
KELLY

When safe in the sky Kelly gathers the crew on the bridge.

Well done 'me heartys. A well earned stock pile if I say so me'self.

Now that we've some food fer the tables and coin in are jeans it's time we set to work on the future.

It is said to be impossible that any crew can take a ship like this and I want that opinion to stay the opinion. Soon as they realize what we've done they're be bounties and soldiers looking for us every ware. and its gonna be real easy to find a flying boat.

So we're gonna cover our tracks and fake the gooses destruction.

First we're going to steal a scrapped out left over ship from a junkyard, trick it up to mimic our mistress here and scuttle it on top oh the bodies of the old crew.

And then I'll be riggin my love with a few party favors and we'll be travelling and attacking from an ominous doomsday cloud circled by horsemen of the apocalypse that definitely is absolutely not just an airship spewing magic smoke an featherfalled horses lit on fire.

Malvok
2014-08-26, 11:15 AM
"It seems like an awfully elaborate plan, for some simple raids.

This sounds much better for a plan down the road, after a major heist. We should stick to some scattered pillages to build our supplies and coin coffers, and properly equip and strategize our primary haul, with a massive haul we then fake our irrecoverable destruction, so they don't get suspicious over not finding what we've stolen.

Thern with supplies and coin abound, we take to the sky and fly off an explore far off lands"

KalvinIbur
2014-08-26, 01:13 PM
Kelly stares a long awkward stare.

When he finally talks its in loud obnoxiously clear voice as if the new server at his favorite restaurant speaks the wrong language.

If. No one. Knows. that WE Big motioning circles with all of his arms, Stole. this ship. Then THEY Points off into the distance Wont come to kill us.

Malvok
2014-08-26, 01:35 PM
"With an airship raiding caravans, and a missing crew and captain, someones going to know this ship is missing before we can set up a fake crash site, particularly if they find the bodies we dumped overboard when we took the ship. We, for fact, don't even know if every member of our deck hands are actually loyal and not just coming along for the ride until they get a chance to send a missive or sabotage us in some fashion. And if their exists such an unscrupulus fellow on board, faking a crash wont do any good will it?

And lower your voice, we're inside, I know your a disgusting spider creature I know you have the ability to use words. No need to resort to such barbaric exchange."

KalvinIbur
2014-08-26, 10:17 PM
so... Your argument is we shouldn't cover our tracks because there is a far off chance that someone might rat us out.

okay mr. wonderful Whats your great idea? is it better then nickel and dime ourselves more caravans on a boat with less storage space then a barrel and then sell the wears to... I don't know. Madonna?

Malvok
2014-08-28, 10:41 AM
"We stockpile the Gold gems and other valuables, live in luxury and better equip ourselves, and this ship. requrite members, and purhaps go after and start steeling a fleet of ships.

As I said you plan has merit, just not for the moment we are in. We should have prepared that for taking the ship if we were going to have it done now.

I'm not saying we worry someone will rat us out, just that faking a crash at this time is a waste. We should do it after a big haul, to get people off our backs and trail for a while. There's no need to fake our demise, only to reveal ourselves as kicking and plundering in some corner of this continent."

KalvinIbur
2014-08-28, 01:25 PM
whatever james. I'm tired of arguing. you pick the next mission.

try to pick something better then a random encounter

sonofzeal
2014-08-30, 02:44 PM
SUDDENLY~!

The air is pierced by raucous shrieks as dozens of birds of prey burst from a nearby cloud and attack the ship! It immediately becomes apparent that these are not mere hawks and falcons and ravens, but DIRE HORRID ZOMBIE hawks and falcons and ravens, coming from the direction of the Mournland!

Of course, they're still made of meat, and while you've liberated a whole cart of veggies, it's hard to get a crew of pirates excited about some lettuce and maybe a few zucchinis. The need for meat in the diet was pressing, so... problem solved?

If only you can make it stop moving before it makes YOU stop moving......

Yet to act:
Kelly
Dirk
Josephine
Marveen
Ishi'gra

KalvinIbur
2014-08-31, 11:08 PM
Go get 'em, Champ!