PDA

View Full Version : The Protectors(R)

Philemonite
2014-08-18, 04:19 AM
For some of you it is the first time passing through the Velvet Door. Others are more experienced, and almost used to the darkness of the Velvet World. Still, you all feel like something is wrong. You think you hear whispers in the distance, but you are not sure if it is real or just your imagination.

Alexandra points you in the direction of the missing initiates, and not long after you notice a few humanoid figures in the distance. As you get closer you notice the shadows are starting to surround them.

"Get away from us!" one of the kids yells while waving his Velvet Card.

"Don't tell me they can't even summon their personas. That is so irresponsible. When I was starting out we weren't allowed to to go near the Velvet Door on our own until we master the basics..."

As always, Alexandra's speech continues, in spite of the fact that nobody is actually listening to her.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-18, 05:38 AM
Tsubaki hands out drinks after heading into the Velvet Door, always bringing snacks just in case it's a long mission. She sips an energy drink herself as they travel. Upon seeing the shadows and tosses the can to the side, completely ignoring Alexandra's words as she does. "No time to waste!" She charged forward with a joyful smile and a determined look in her eyes. As she ran her spirit weapon formed, a scarlet naginata decorated with black and golden tigers along the haft. Once again, I'll lend you my strength, little hero. If you didn't, I'd just try to manage with my own two hands. Cu Chulainn chuckled in Tsubaki's head, amused by her bravado.

Kioku
2014-08-18, 09:10 AM
Asami's eyes widen at the sight of the distant figures being surrounded. "Then are those...?" Her eyes take on a strange glow as several tails start flicking behind her. "Sensei, I'm afraid I have to agree. We will review your words when immediate action is not so prudent." With that, Asami dashes in the same direction, staying four steps behind Tsubaki as well as she can. This is new... but our trust in who to emulate for our first mission is well placed.

oblivion6
2014-08-18, 09:06 PM
This place never ceases to creep me out" Brianna said to nobody in particular when she had crossed over. Damn creepy voices.

She laughed aloud when Tsubaki threw aside the can. "Maybe that's what's wrong with the shadows. They want to prevent us from littering in their home."

Then, of course, she saw what the fuss was about and the kids being surrounded by shadows. She sighed and shook her head before running to catch the others, calling upon her persona as she did so.

CGDG
2014-08-20, 03:33 AM
After stepping through the threshold, Callu peers about.

"Where did ever-" he begins before catch sight of the threat and the charging group.

As evryone continues to rush forward, Callum feels lost in the new environment. With combat imminent, a flash of insight strike him, as Bouddica echoes forth from his subconcious.

Barreling forward, he shouts,

"Form up!"

His athletisism showing, he inserts himself between Asami and Tsubaki.

"Tsubaki, I've got your flank. Asmai, you're the smartest we've got. Give us a plan. I'll be your vaguard."

An uncharacterist look of battle ardor croses his face as he utters,

"Let's hit 'em hard."

Kioku
2014-08-21, 11:50 AM
"What? Me? I'm not... I've never-" Asami snaps her head toward Callum and only doesn't miss a step because of her persona's influence. I'm not... but you are. We are one; Tamamo-no-Mae!

I am thou, beloved.

The wispy vision of Tamamo's form overlaying and encompassing Asami becomes more distinct, almost more real looking than the girl herself. The two speak with one harmonized voice. "The masks represent arcana. We need to stop the Hermit, Heirophant and Sun before they debilitate us or attack with magic. Allow us a moment to make their most likely support a better target."

Asami's face beneath the mask of light contorts in pain and fear as she summons one of her most painful memories to relive, to provide the emotional turmoil she needs.

No.
No.
Not like this...
I can't die.
I WON'T DIE.

Tamamo's eyes shimmer gold for a moment, and Asami drops to a knee.

Rakunda, -5 physical defense, at Heirophant.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-21, 12:04 PM
Tsubaki adopts a low stance and focuses on the Hierophant. I just have to remember what I learned of Ba Ji Quan: Try to defeat the enemy in a single blow. With a wild look in her eyes, Cu Chulainn manifests around her, sharing the same look. Very well then, let them know our power! Tsubaki takes a step backwards and charges forward a few feet before slamming the ground with her polearm and leaping into the air towards her target. Flipping through the air she comes down over it, intent on smashing her heel onto the top of it.

A turn used completely on statuses would be ineffectual, Tsubaki is going in with a Skull Cracker
No Minor Action used yet, saving for Intercepts.

CGDG
2014-08-21, 10:18 PM
If Callum is up front initiative, he wouldn't be able to get Asami's advice before acting. He'd target whoever looked the menacing. I'm assuming that is either Chariot or Sun, using initiative as a measure of how close they are. I'm also assuming spirit weapons are a go here. If not, let me know and I'll edit the post.

With the mail under his fingerless gloves chimming and rattling together, Callum feels a surge of adrenaline. A crude, bearded axe materializes in his hands as his heart pounds in his ear. As his heartbeat quickens, he hears it as a war drum and his focus intensifies.

Gripping the handle with both hands, he leads into his attack, a heavy pivot evident on his back foot, as he swings his axe. Strainning, and with a small grimmace, he lets out a small roar as the blade closes in on its target, the Sun Shadow.

Power Slash - PA [roll0] vs PD
Damage Numbers - [roll1] + [roll2] / 5+4 (9) / 2 +2 =
Outcome (11+17) / (9/2) +2 = 7 (rounding the 4.5 to a 4; if 5, the oucome is 5.6 (rounded down) makes it 7, or 8 (if 5.6 is rounded up)

Currnet HP: 36 MP: 19

Philemonite
2014-08-24, 02:54 PM
Round 1

Callum-Power Slash-Sun ShadowTower Shadow
Attack-18
Damage-18(10)
Sun Shadow-Agi-Callum(Miss)
Attack-13
Damage-13
Chariot Shadow-Double Fangs-Asami(Miss)
Attack-9
Damage-9+10
Asami-Rakunda-Heirophant Shadow(-5 PD)
Hierophant Shadow-Dia-Tower Shadow(+7HP)
Tower Shadow-Sonic Punch-Briana Tsubaki
Attack-20
Damage-10(0)
Briana-Bufula-Chariot Shadow
Attack-17
Damage-20(17)
Hermit Shadow-Foul Breath-Tsubaki
Attack-17
Damage-10(5) (Poison, 3 turns)
Tsubaki-Skull Cracker-Hierophant
Attack-12
Damage-Doesn't matter, there is no way a 12 can hit.:smalltongue:

Callum(Rakshasa)

HP 36/38
SP 20/20

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+7
Magical Attack(MA): 3d6+3
Status Attack(SA): 3d6+5
Physical Evade(PE): 19
Magical Evade(ME): 17
Status Evade(SE): 17
Physical Defense(PD): 7
Magical Defense(MD): 5(+1 Fire/Earth)
Status Defense(SD): 5

Asami(Pixie)

HP 26/26
SP 23/23

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+3
Magical Attack(MA): 3d6+6
Status Attack(SA): 3d6+10
Physical Evade(PE): 14
Magical Evade(ME): 18
Status Evade(SE): 21 (+1 Charm)
Physical Defense(PD): 3 (+1 Pierce)
Magical Defense(MD): 7
Status Defense(SD): 10

Briana(Apsaras)

HP 36/36
SP 16/20

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+4
Status Attack(SA): 3d6+4
Physical Evade(PE): 16
Magical Evade(ME): 20
Status Evade(SE): 15 (+1 Sleep)
Physical Defense(PD): 5 (+1 Strike/Pierce)
Magical Defense(MD): 9 (+1 Dark, +2 Water)
Status Defense(SD): 4

Tsubaki(Bishamonten)

HP 29/38
SP 17.6/18

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+8
Magical Evade(ME): 14
Status Evade(SE): 15 (+4 Charm)
Physical Defense(PD): 9 (+2 Slash)
Magical Defense(MD): 4
Poison, 3 turns

Sun Shadow
Damage taken 0
Hierophant Shadow -5 DP, 3 turns
Damage taken 0
Tower Shadow
Damage taken 3
Chariot Shadow
Damage taken 17
Hermit Shadow
Damage taken 0

Kioku
2014-08-24, 03:11 PM
"Bell-san. Wait." Asami takes a staggered breath, then falls to the ground clutching her head with a scream. Deep blue mist seems to gradually appear in a stream from Tamamo, going to surround the Tower Shadow. Barely-noticed though, is the fact that Asami's fall carries her forward, next to the defenders instead of behind them...

Dream Haze, at Tower. Saving minor action to intercept any non-mute status attack that targets Briana. Using minor action to switch to front line, unless I'm already there. In which case intercepting any status attacks that target anyone, except mute that hits a 24 (or 21 if targeting one of the striker/defenders).

Edit: Also, I want to delay until after the Heirophant's action, if possible.

Mokou-tan
2014-08-24, 03:18 PM
Tsubaki winces as her heel crashes into the ground and backs away from the enemies with a few quick, short hops, stopping between Briana and the Tower Shadow. She feels the poison from the Hermit shadow enter her body. "So, this is what poison feels like. The others told me about this, but this is the first I've felt it myself." Seeing the Tower Shadow go after Briana, she smiles at the good fortune of her placement. She intercepts the Tower Shadow's blow and doesn't even flinch at the strike. "You're going to need a lot more than that if you want to hurt those behind me." She charges forward towards the Heirophant Shadow with a crazed laugh, striking at it with the blunt part of her naginata.

Intercepting for Briana, because no damage to Tsubaki's Iron Hide.
Skull Cracker again.

CGDG
2014-08-25, 10:22 PM
I don't know how delaying actions work with this system. If you can delay to any time, I don't mind delaying until after Asami.

Seeing Asami rush to the frontlines, her head in her hands, Callum questions,

"Asami? What's wrong?"

He charges forward, to stand beside her and act as a buffer for the others, lashing out with his axe-blade.

Attacking the nearest awake opponent

Power Slash Attack: PA-1 [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] + 2+2 [roll2] (<-- ignore) = 8 + (22/5) ~= 12

Minor action spent on intercepting attacks made against allies (focusing on Asami and Brianna)

Point me out if I'm wrong on the math here.

Philemonite
2014-08-27, 05:54 AM
Round 2

Tsubaki takes 3 damage (Poison)
Sun Shadow-Agilao-Callum
Attack-17
Damage-15(9)
Chariot Shadow-Cruel Attack-AsamiTsubaki
Attack-22
Damage-20(8)
Asami-Dream Haze-Tower Shadow
Attack-23
Damage-11(7) (Sleep)
Callum-Power Slash-Chariot(?)
Attack-22
Damage-12(5)
Hierophant Shadow-Diarama-Chariot Shadow(+11HP)
Tower Shadow-Sleeping
Briana-Media+(7HP)
Hermit Shadow-Stun Wave-BrianaAsami
Attack-20 (Miss)
Damage-12
Tsubaki-Skull Cracker-Hierophant
Attack-21
Damage-16(17) (Stun)
Initiate 1-Posmudi-Tsubaki

Callum(Rakshasa)

HP 34/38
SP 20/20

Asami(Pixie)

HP 26/26
SP 23/23

Status Attack(SA): 3d6+10
Physical Evade(PE): 14
Magical Evade(ME): 18
Status Evade(SE): 21 (+1 Charm)
Physical Defense(PD): 3 (+1 Pierce)
Magical Defense(MD): 7
Status Defense(SD): 10

Briana(Apsaras)

HP 36/36
SP 15/20

Tsubaki(Bishamonten)

HP 21/38
SP 17.2/18

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+8

Sun Shadow
Weak-Water
Damage taken 0
Hierophant Shadow -5 DP, 2 turns, Stun
Strong-Light
Damage taken 17
Tower Shadow Sleep, 3 turns
Strong-Strike
Damage taken 10
Chariot Shadow
Damage taken 11
Hermit Shadow
Strong-Poison
Damage taken 0

Mokou-tan
2014-08-27, 06:29 AM
Tsubaki feels her naginata smash into it's mark, obviously disorienting it as the poison causes her some pain as well. Wincing a little, she sees the Chariot Shadow moving in on Asami. She quickly places herself between the Shadow and Asami and takes the blow to her back, smiling through the pain as she does. "Don't worry, it'll take far more than anything they can dish out to stop me." She turns around to face her enemies, singling out the one she'd stunned. "Sorry, I just can't let you keep fighting, you'll just make this battle take too long." She moves in to slam the haft of her naginata into the Hierophant Shadow once more, not wanting to give it any respite.

Skull Cracker. Once more, with feeling!

Kioku
2014-08-27, 11:31 AM
A slowly growing, fairly creepy laugh escapes Tamamo as she gestures in the air to redirect the Hermit's attack and render it useless. "Nothing more or less than the stress needed to summon me, Bell-san. Don't worry; it will pass. I always take care of my Outer Self." Asami gets her hands under her and pushes herself up to her feet, breathing heavily with tears in her eyes while her persona's form stands still attached to her, in the place where she would be if fully upright. "Please be safe," Asami says, her voice barely a whisper as she shivers, hating the knowledge that she needs to prevent more damage rather than try to heal it. With a malicious snarl and the beginnings of a crazy look, the pair turn to the Sun Shadow. "Your last mistake. Never see daybreak." The same deep blue mist flows forth as Asami staggers, but stays upright.

Dream Haze vs Sun Shadow. Intercepting in priority of Status > Elemental, will use evasion pool to block status if necessary, except Mute vs Tsubaki/Callum or Curse vs myself.

CGDG
2014-08-27, 10:25 PM
“They’ve definitely got some fight in ‘em,”

Callum says, shaking the embers off his clothes.

“Thank God I’m not going to get shadow blood on my new blue dress. Actually, do shadows bleed?”

He ponders out loud, his axe head rising over his right shoulder before biting down again on another opponent.

“It sounds like a question we should answer…for scientific advance, eh Tsubaki?”

He jests, with a sly glance over to Tsubaki, his axe-head careening down in a powerful swing towards an enemy.

"If we find out, I wonder if I might be able to get extra credit in class. God knows I could use it."

He adds through clentched teeth, the strain of his swing obvious in his voice.

Power Slash Hierophant Shadow.

Minor action spent on taking hits for anyone, prioritizing fire attacks against Tsubaki and fire and slash attacks against Brianna.

Philemonite
2014-09-01, 07:11 AM
Sun Shadow-Agi-Callum-Miss
Chariot Shadow-Straight Slash-AsamiTsubaki-13(0)
Asami-Dream Haze-Sun Shadow-9(5), Sleep
Callum-Power Slash-Hierophant Shadow-12(13)
Hierophant Shadow-Stunned
Tower Shadow-Sleeping
Briana-Dia-Tsubaki(+7HP)
Hermit Shadow-Tarunda-Tsubaki(-4PA)
Tsubaki-Skull Cracker-Hermit Shadow-Miss

Callum(Rakshasa)

HP 32/38
SP 20/20

Asami(Succubus)

HP 26/26
SP 23/23

Status Attack(SA): 3d6+9
Magical Evade(ME): 19
Status Evade(SE): 22
Physical Defense(PD): 3
Magical Defense(MD): 6
Status Defense(SD): 9

Briana(Apsaras)

HP 36/36
SP 14/20

Tsubaki(Bishamonten)

HP 24/38
SP 16.8/18

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+8 (+4, 3 turns)

Sun Shadow Sleep, 3 turns
Weak-Water
Damage taken 5
Hierophant Shadow -5 PD, 1 turns
Strong-Light
Damage taken 17+13
Tower Shadow Sleep, 2 turns
Strong-Strike
Damage taken 10
Chariot Shadow
Damage taken 11
Hermit Shadow
Strong-Poison
Damage taken 0

Kioku
2014-09-01, 10:27 AM
Asami looks like she's on the last threads of sanity, but still holding on as the pair look sharply at Tsubaki and the Hermit. "You think you understand the nature of weakness? No. For it shall never stay in those, for whom weakness is not their nature." She shudders within the apparition and seems to draw on something less mentally devastating than before, but still enough to be effective. "We refuse this 'gift'." Both raise their hand and flick their fingers outward and it feels like something shatters.

Dekunda. The usual interceptions. And I'm FINALLY down to 21 SP after that.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-01, 02:53 PM
Tsubaki misses her target again and slides to block the Chariot's blow, once again feeling no pain from the feeble assault. "I won't let you hurt her. Not so long as I draw breath." She focuses her energies, preparing for her next strike.

Tarukaja. Getting power.

CGDG
2014-09-01, 11:29 PM
Seeing the Hierophant Shadow fall, Callum remarks,

"First blood! We've got 'em on the ropes."

Tightening his grip on his weapons, he charges forward, hoisting his axe over head and bringing it crashing down with a fierce and heavy swing, but keeping a sharp eye out for danger.

Power Slash against the Sun Shadow. Minor action reserved for taking hits for anyone/everyone attacked that I can block for.

Philemonite
2014-09-04, 07:39 AM
Sun Shadow-Sleeping
Chariot Shadow-Cleave-AsamiTsubaki-13(0) damage
Asami-Dekunda
Callum-Power Slash-Sun Shadow-15(12)
Tower Shadow-Sleeping
Briana-Bufula-Chariot Shadow-17(14) damage
Hermit Shadow-Poison Mist
-Asami-Miss
-Callum-10(5) damage, Poison
-Briana-10(6) damage, Poison
-Tsubaki-10(5) damage, Poison
Tsubaki-Tarukaja-Tsubaki(+2PA)

Callum(Rakshasa)

HP 25/38
SP 20/20

Poison, 3 turns

Asami(Succubus)

HP 26/26
SP 21.2/23

Briana(Apsaras)

HP 30/36
SP 10/20

Poison, 3 turns

Tsubaki(Bishamonten)

HP 19/38
SP 16.4/18

Physical Attack(PA): 3d6+8(+2)

Sun Shadow Sleep, 2 turns
Weak-Water
Damage taken 5+12
Tower Shadow Sleep, 1 turns
Strong-Strike
Damage taken 10
Chariot Shadow
Damage taken 11+14
Hermit Shadow
Strong-Poison
Damage taken 0

Kioku
2014-09-05, 01:43 AM
"Tsubaki..." Asami whispers, watching the girl take yet another blow meant for her. "Be safe... please be safe... I can't lose another..." Tears fall as Asami stares past her friend at the Hermit, daring to attack or impede everyone else and refusing to attend her. "Why... why won't you leave her alone... I hate you... I HATE YOU!" A madness burns in Asami's eyes, her face deforming into a cross between pain and insanity. Tamamo's eyes shimmer gold once more as the one manifesting her spits out one echoing command through her slowly forming twisted grimace with a small lurch from what it takes to do so. "Rend."

Rakunda vs Hermit, -5 PD. The usual interceptions. 22.4 SP.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-05, 01:58 AM
Tsubaki blocks yet another attack from the Chariot Shadow for Asami. "I'm still breathing!" She lets out a roar as she charges at the Hermit Shadow. She's losing it, I need to give it my all so she doesn't fall too much further. She tosses her spirit weapon into the air and throws all her weight into a punch. "Hurry up and die!"

Skull Cracker. This poison needs to end, violently if possible.

CGDG
2014-09-05, 03:15 AM
Seeing the slow decline of focus on the battlefeild, but not really knowing what to do to improve the situation, he begins to sing Black Hole Sun through gritted teeth, simply to comfort himself. His singing stops as he delivers a rage-infused blow.

After delivering his attack, he looks over to Asami and Tsubaki, mumbling to himself,

"Damnit, Asami; you'e got to be luckiest, stupidest smart person I know."

Fearing Brianna is a little too quiet, considering the circumstances, he looks her way and throws her a thumbs-up, shouting,

"Good hit, Brianna! Keep it up!"

Power Slash vs the Sun Shadow. If the Sun Shadow is already dead and I'm an idiot, I change my target to the Hermit Shadow. If the Hermit Shadow is already dead, and I'm super slow, I change my target to Chariot. Running interception for anyone who needs it, placing the focus on fire and slash attacks, but taking whatever is dished out.

Philemonite
2014-09-10, 04:59 AM
Sun Shadow-Agi-Callum-Miss
Chariot Shadow-Cruel Attack-Asami-Miss
Asami-Rakunda-Hermit(-5PD)
Callum-Power Slash-Sun Shadow-15(12) damage
Tower Shadow-Skull Cracker-BrianaTsubaki-17(3) damage
Briana-Media(+6HP)
Hermit Shadow-Makanda-Briana(-4MA)
Tsubaki-Skull Cracker-Hermit Shadow-17(17) damage, Stun

Callum(Rakshasa)

HP 26/38
SP 20/20

Poison, 2 turns

Asami(Succubus)

HP 26/26
SP 22.4/23

Briana(Apsaras)

HP 33/36
SP 7/20

Magical Attack(MA): 3d6+6 (+4, 3 turns)
Poison, 2 turns

Tsubaki(Bishamonten)

HP 15/38
SP 16/18

Poison, 2 turns

Sun Shadow
Weak-Water
Damage taken 17+12
Tower Shadow
Strong-Strike
Damage taken 10
Chariot Shadow
Damage taken 25
Hermit Shadow -5PD, 3 turns, Stun, 1 turn
Strong-Poison
Damage taken 17

"Not as good as I expected, but not as bad as it could have been. You still need to learn how to act as a team. That is one advantage you have over the shadows, and you need to use it."

Kioku
2014-09-10, 02:19 PM
Seeing the Hermit stunned, Tamamo gets a feral grin to overlay Asami's pain. The former laughs as the pair spin aside a blow meant for them, but the latter is more focused on watching Tsubaki block yet another attack, this time for another. Yomotsu-Shikome. "You... You should have stayed out of the fight while you had a chance." Asami raises a shaking arm and points at the Tower, then exhales sharply and thrusts it in that direction. At the same time, a putrid-looking cloud billows forth to engulf her target. The moment the cloud is on its way, Asami curls in on herself and nearly collapses, bearing through her mental-pain-turned-physical through sheer force of will.

Minor: -> Yomotsu-Shikome. Standard: Foul Breath vs Tower.

CGDG
2014-09-12, 09:32 PM
As the Sun shadow drops, Callum pivots on his back foot. With white knuckles, every muscle in his body tenses as he whirls his axe in a large sweeping motion, bringing its head to collide against th Hermit shadows body.

After the attack he taps the flat of his blade against his chest, just below the shoulder and collar bone, taunting the shadows, "Whatcha got!?"

Power Slash vs. the Hermit shadow. Minor action spent on interceptions for anyone/everyone.

I totally missed it, but it was mentioned in OOC that I missed by 1. If that's the case, I would like to spend a point from my pool to hit it.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-15, 06:20 PM
Tsubaki laughs as she takes the blow intended for Briana. "Barely a scratch! Can you save your ally from me?" She shifts her grip and takes a wide slash at her target, showing no sign of weariness as she swings. I can't keep this up for too much longer, but I should be able to finish this at least.

Power Slash on Hermit. If Hermit is dead, changes targets to Tower, countering.

Philemonite
2014-09-16, 06:40 AM
Chariot Shadow-Straight Slash-AsamiTsubaki-Miss
Asami-Foul Breath-Tower-10(6) damage, poison, 3 turns
Callum-Power Slash-Hermit-15(15) damage (assuming you use 1 accuracy point. Yes, it was one point.)
Tower Shadow-Bash-BrianaCallum-10(1) damage
Briana-Media(+6HP)
Tsubaki-Power Slash-Tower-16(8) damage

Callum(Rakshasa)

HP 26/38
SP 20/20

Poison, 1 turns

Asami(Succubus)

HP 26/26
SP 23/23

Briana(Apsaras)

HP 36/36
SP 4/20

Magical Attack(MA): 3d6+6 (+4, 3 turns)
Poison, 1 turns

Tsubaki(Bishamonten)

HP 16/38
SP 16.6/18

Poison, 1 turns

Tower Shadow Poison, 3 turns
Strong-Strike
Damage taken 10+6+8
Chariot Shadow
Damage taken 25
Hermit Shadow -5PD, 2 turns, Stun, 1 turn
Strong-Poison
Damage taken 17+15

Kioku
2014-09-16, 07:05 AM
The wild, mad look in Asami's eyes intensifies as she sees the Hermit Shadow disperse. A dark laugh escapes her, building as she strains to unfurl and stand straight again. "Excellent," comes the dual-voice again instead of Tamamo's alone. Her aspect shifts to Pixie, and her head tilts, considering the Tower. "You two... should finish the Chariot. I want this one to suffer for getting back up before we asked it to... preferably in Silence!" Asami snaps her fingers in time with one of Tamamo's tails flicking toward their target. Asami's eyes widen and she lets out another laugh, seemingly completely unhinged now, but strangely not reacting to the pain that she so obviously felt a moment ago.

Minor ->Pixie; Makajam vs Tower.

CGDG
2014-09-17, 03:47 AM
With a deep, concentrated breath, Callum switches personas. His mind filled with the chaotic and giddy sensation of Pixie. Openning his eyes, he hopes about a little, feeling much lighter on his feet.

Turning his attention to the Chariot Shadow, he levels his axe at it tauntingly. With a light laugh, he says,

"Whatcha got, tough guy?"

With a snap of his fingers a razor-wind billows out from his hands towards his adversary.

Swich to Pixie and Garu the Chariot Shadow.

Yes, I used the accuracy poit last turn. Thanks, Kasada, for pointing out my near miss, and great and powerful GM, for allowing me to use it.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-17, 01:18 PM
Tsubaki physically intercepts the Chariot, this time stopping the blow before it could even strike with her bare hand. "Over and over and over! You won't get through no matter how many times you try!" With her other hand she shifts her grip further up and makes a heavy horizontal swing in an attempt to bash with her naginata's pole.

Counter and Skull Cracker

Philemonite
2014-09-22, 03:42 AM
As the last two shadows fall you notice the strange expression on one of the initiate's faces. The lack of response from Alexandra makes you even more worried, and you think you notice something moving in the distance.
"Why are you prolonging their pointless existence?"
The voice coming from the darkness sounds deep and heavy, but for some reason it doesn't strike you as unnatural, and for some reason you find that weird.

Kioku
2014-09-22, 09:28 AM
Destroyed? Already? But we've only just begun! Asami's wild eyes dart around searching, and Tamamo's presence doesn't dim in the slightest. A different battle then. Not a single wound shall stand before us or mar the flesh of the hero and her shield bearer! Spirit energies manifest in the form of life force that caress across every imperfection in her allies' flesh, speeding the recovery that they're already experiencing from their own personae not needing to focus on battle any longer. What's this? Pointless? Someone was preserving me? No, wait, that was directed *at* us, so who could... aha! Of course, the ones we were here for! Asami tilts her head starts looking over the initiates, paying particular attention to the one with the strange look. Tamamo is right there with her still, but seems... concerned for the mental well-being of her host.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 03:45 PM
Tsubaki stretches and twirls her naginata, looking towards the voice with a fierce smile. "Because that's what I do. I'm a hero, so I save people. Now, come on out here! Unless, of course, you're a coward." The little warrior gets ready to spring into action if anything happens. "If things go south here, grab these guys and get out. I'll buy you some time."

CGDG
2014-09-23, 02:23 AM
If we're free to act, Callum switches from Pixie to Yaksini.

As Tsubaki calls forth a challenge, Callum takes a defensive stance close to the lost initiates. He shifts his attention to the gawking initiate, snapping his fingers a couple times infront of their face.

"Hey. HEY! look at me. Focus. What's you're name? What we're you lot doing here?"

He glances over his shoulder reflexively between words, as if anticipating a sucker-punch.

Philemonite
2014-09-27, 03:38 AM
"Because that's what I do. I'm a hero, so I save people. Now, come on out here! Unless, of course, you're a coward."

A hooded humanoid figure, dressed in dark purple robes steps out if the darkness. As he starts to speak his voice starts filling your head with apathy and depression.
"Save people? From what? The agony of existence? You should have let it end, it would be merciful. But I guess that is too much to expect from someone in your position. You need time."

"Hey. HEY! look at me. Focus. What's you're name? What we're you lot doing here?"

"My name is Aldon, and we are initiates of the Rainbow Knights. We came here because our trainers detected disturbance in this region, and we wanted to investigate."
For some reason, the boy lowers his head mid-sentence, as if he was trying to hide from Callum's gaze.

Kioku
2014-09-27, 06:05 AM
Rainbow Knights? Is that supposed to mean something to us? Asami's focus snaps briefly to Aldon's tone and body language. "They don't know you're here." But what disturbance? "Those few shadows don't qualify as the slightest blip of a disturbance..." She sharply turns with a grin to the robed figure and curtseys. "You, however, are quite disturbing!" Of course your declaration that we need time implies that we'll be left to our agony... but I suppose that's alright, I'm sure we'll meet again. Asami looks upon the figure with an analyzing gaze, taking in every detail while the madness she's in the hold of overrides the foreign feelings. "You know, I do have the distinct sense that our lady of comms would be telling us to leave immediately, if she could," she notes to her allies. "We do, after all, have what we came here for. And they've found what they were likely looking for too! Everybody wins! Even 'Merciful Robes' over here does, because it gets to have us stew on pointlessness and agony for a while, right?" Are you... trying to befriend the Hood of Mercy? That's it, I'm taking over fully to get us out.

CGDG
2014-09-30, 02:22 AM
More concerned with the initiates than the hooded figure, Callum continues to focus on Aldon.

"Hey, Aldon. It's rude not to look at people when they're talking to you. My eyes are up here."

After a brief pause, Callum smiles a little uncomfortably.

"Aldon, you guy did good. You came in and investigated. Everyone is saf and you're going home soon. So, heads up. Have a some pride man; you did your job and you did well."

Philemonite
2014-10-01, 04:23 AM
"You, however, are quite disturbing!"

Was that supposed to be an insult? If it was it is highly ineffective.

[COLOR="#6666ff"]"You know, I do have the distinct sense that our lady of comms would be telling us to leave immediately, if she could,"

"Actually, I would say learn as much as you can about the enemy, but we do have that pesky safety first rule. And that goes double when you carry dead load. Seriously, why did they think they can do anything when they can't even summon their persona properly. That is so irresponsible. People can be such idiots sometimes..."

More concerned with the initiates than the hooded figure, Callum continues to focus on Aldon.

""[COLOR="#006400"]Aldon, you guy did good. You came in and investigated. Everyone is saf and you're going home soon. So, heads up. Have a some pride man; you did your job and you did well."

"No we didn't. We just made it worse. We should have listened to Halden."

Kioku
2014-10-01, 04:37 AM
"An insult?" Asami frowns. "Why would you think it an insult? Disturbing is a complement around these parts!" Her body shivers and twitches, and Tamamo's form seems to merge back into her instead of fading away. Her head snaps to Aldon, the fires of madness extinguished and replaced with something... incomprehensible. "Yes. You should have," rings the unified voice scornfully. If the accusation that their mentors didn't know they were here and wouldn't approve of their actions needed any more proof, she had it now. "Xandra, so nice to hear from you again. We're exfiltrating, if our charges will quit standing around and MOVE." She thrusts a hand toward the direction they'd come from and clasps the other over the shoulder of the nearest initiate with a light shove. "Maybe we'd be able to find something out here if they could prove that their feet work and get out of the way."

CGDG
2014-10-06, 07:38 AM
Asami's yelling and Tsubaki's comment about dead weight rings in Callum's ears. He gives Aldo a quick pat on the shoulder and leaves him with some parting words.

"The little, loud, mean one is Asami, and she's right. Get your feet moving and head to the exit."

Callum stands up and shouts to jar the other initiates into action:

"That goes for you lot too. You heard the lady."

With a sweeping motion of his arm he gestures in the directions from which he and the others came.

"Move out!"

In a much quieter voice, he says, mostly too himself,

"And, I guess we'll deal with Prozac McSunshine."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-06, 04:41 PM
Tsubaki sighs and turns to Asami. "You're going to need to cover them. They can't fight back, remember? Make sure they get back safely, okay? Hey, bosslady, what's the punishment for ignoring that rule? You're going to have to line one up for me." She leans on her naginata and looks at the hooded one. "I'll make a little time for you right now. Let us talk."

Kioku
2014-10-07, 06:58 PM
Tamamo shoots an annoyed glare at Callum. "We are neither little, nor loud, and when this is over there will be a 'discussion' about whether it is appropriate to ever offer another's name - particularly in front of untrustworthy beings of uncertain origin and motive." All of this is said in the same chilling, quiet tone that still somehow carries and makes itself known that she used before. "If you're so insistent on staying to talk, I propose a simpler solution, assuming that the Hood of Mercy is actually interested in talking." She turns to the hooded figure. "Walk with us. If my allies wish to hear more from you, who are we to deny them?" The 'we' in question is clearly referring only to herself, as Tamamo seems to always use. "Who am I to deny them?" is how anyone else might say it, and is what she means.

Philemonite
2014-10-08, 04:39 AM
"An insult?" Asami frowns. "Why would you think it an insult? Disturbing is a complement around these parts!"

"I take it that you are not very familiar with this place? I guess you are new."

"Xandra, so nice to hear from you again. We're exfiltrating, if our charges will quit standing around and MOVE."

"Please don't EVER refer to me like that. If you want to make it informal Alex will do just fine. I'll have the gate warmed up and ready for your arrival. The real stuff is just beginning, it is going to be so much fun, so hurry back. You don't wanna miss this."

"I'll make a little time for you right now. Let us talk."

"If you're so insistent on staying to talk, I propose a simpler solution, assuming that the Hood of Mercy is actually interested in talking." She turns to the hooded figure. "Walk with us. If my allies wish to hear more from you, who are we to deny them?"

"Some other time, perhaps. Any "conversation" would be meaningless right now. I will leave you to your pointless actions. We will meat again. Soon."

CGDG
2014-10-11, 01:50 AM
As the others taunt and talk with the current menace, Callum stays on defence, his main priority: keep the initiates out of trouble and get them home safe. In the meantime, all Callum seems to take away from Asami's shouting is her new name for their current threat.

"Ooh, I like that, the Hood of Mercy. It's sophisticated and creepy at the same time. I'm sure we could make it stick by getting him to cry for mercy before we go."