PDA

View Full Version : Broken Chains

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 05:15 AM
Job offers have been scarce recently, mainly because of a band of adventurers claiming any and all job offers which promise a lot of gold. You were lucky, though, as you were all hired individually - someone is looking to put up a party in secret. And the invitation was to a Katapesh coffee shop named Windy Weather. Of course, as it is normal in such situations, you only know the man's nickname - Whisperblade.

As soon as you are all there, the clerk hangs out a closed sign and signals yu to wait for the last of the other few customers to leave.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-08-18, 07:54 AM
Lurgh had been seated for quite some time, arriving early in order to sample the fare at the coffee house. Ever since he'd arrived in Katapesh, he'd developed a fondness from the dark brown beverage. With one hand cradling his cup, Lurgh sipped his coffee when it was steaming hot, just the way he liked it. He preferred the deep, bitter brew unsweetened. His other hand lazily twirled the belt of his blood red monks robes when he wasn't using it to snack on a sweet cake. Lurgh's former careers as a monk and a fisherman had tought him patience. He could wait all day in quiet contemplation if he must... as long as the coffee and cakes kept flowing.

OOC: Here is a pretty good image for Lurgh (http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderRPG/PZO1110-DragonDisciple.jpg), minus the wings, which he hasn't grown yet.

Athaleon
2014-08-18, 12:57 PM
Garren was one of the last to arrive, a lithe man in well-worn traveling clothes. Fair hair and skin marked him as a foreigner, but then, he wasn't the only one in Katapesh. He leaned against the wall, all easy smiles, and affected a casual air as he examined each of his fellows in turn.

Diachronos
2014-08-18, 05:16 PM
Kaylin sat on the edge of the table, sipping idly at the tiny mug in her hands. It had been a challenge to find one suitable for someone of her size, but she was grateful when they'd dug it out. Her coffee was heavily sweetened, enough that she'd drawn looks from the clerk.

The foot-tall fairy looked out the nearby window, where a wooden, vaguely human face was peering in. The treant had remained outside instead of coming in with her, his size making it difficult to get through the door and impossible to avoid breaking anything.

rs2excelsior
2014-08-18, 07:48 PM
Sithundan squeezes his short, broad frame through the door. He selects a sturdy-looking chair and sits in it, but even so it creaks alarmingly under the weight. He orders a coffee in a voice that growls like gravel. The coffee is black, neither milk nor sugar, and he sips it with great relish as he waits for the others.

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 08:10 PM
The last usual patrols leaving, the clerk closes the shop and a tall human man in the corner, almost overlooked until now, stands up. With his long grey robes and ghutra in fitting color, he seems like a Katash.ite at first, but he has a northener's face. He walks to the middle of the room.

"Thank you very much for coming. My name is Whispershade, and I'm in need of assistance. I'm part of the Twilight Talon, a group of the Eagle Knights of Taldor working mainly against slavery.

"I've called you here to request your assistance in a delicate operation involving a missing field agent named Othine Dalanse. She has a flawless track record of infiltrating and dismantling slave rings, and her successes have saved many lives. Over the past year, she's been working deep cover assignments throughout Katapesh, and I've had less and less contact with her. It's now been over two months since her last message.

Early last week, we recovered a body along the banks of the River Scorpius. At first, my agents feared it was Othine's, for it was wearing her armor and had similar tattoos. Thankfully, when clerics interrogated the body, the corpse proved to be nothing more than a vagrant with a passing resemblance to Othine, the tattoos obvious forgeries.

This situation doesn't bode well for Othine. I believe the slavers have captured her and may be torturing her for info rmation, or worse. If she's been caught, the slavers certainly suspect we're investigating them, and will be on the lookout for undercover Eagle Knights. I need someone not directly aff liated with our organization to get into the slavers' base, discover Othine's true fate, and finish what she started by dismantling the operation."

He looks at everyone in turn. "I'm hoping you could be the ones helping us out."

Diachronos
2014-08-18, 09:34 PM
Kaylin set down her mug and brushed her light indigo bangs away from her eyes. "Do you want us to sneak in, or disguise ourselves as new members? Or are we just going to storm in and break her out?"

Grimtina
2014-08-18, 10:19 PM
"We believe it would probably be better to infiltrate but it is really up to you. Othine made reference to the Garden of Chains in her last message, a relatively new slave auction house located in the Twilight Gate district, a mere stone's throw fr om the River Scorpius. Strange is that the place always seems to have more slaves than it ought to, leading us to believe that the slavers are hiding some of their stock to avoid paying the full tariffs leveled by the city. When it comes down to it, slavers are criminals, after all."

Son_of_Meepo
2014-08-19, 10:03 AM
"Slavers," thought Lurgh. "If there were slavers, then there was a chance that they knew my father." Lurgh resolved to accept the mission then and there, but he wasn't going to let that be known to their potential employer.

"I know how to be the sort of muscle that slavers look for. You will have my help... if the price is right. Do you know where one would go if they were looking for work with this group? Do we just show up at their house or do they recruit elsewhere?"

Lurgh then turns to the others.

"If we are to infiltrate the slavers, then it means we will have to act like slavers for a time. That means innocents may have to be hurt and by our own doing. To any of you so morally conflicted by such activity, now is the time to consider if you really have the stomach for this job. If you hesitate during the mission, we could all be killed, or worse, end up as slaves."

rs2excelsior
2014-08-19, 02:05 PM
Sithundan took another sip of his coffee, thinking for a moment. He'd never understood why humans tried to own everything they saw, even down to one another. Besides, protecting the innocent was why he'd left home and took up the arms of a warrior, an act alien to many of his kind. Well, half the reason at any rate. "I will do this, though dangerous it may be," he says. "Perhaps these criminals will accept me as a guard of some sort. Such a position could prove of use to us."

Athaleon
2014-08-19, 03:15 PM
"Working with the Eagle Knights, count me in." Garren immediately straightened up and took on a serious tone. "We've helped each other in the past", was his curt explanation. "That said, infiltration will be our best bet. Can't go in kicking down doors and taking names, the one thing slavers have in plenty is warm bodies."

Diachronos
2014-08-19, 05:09 PM
"Hmm..." Kaylin tapped her chin in thought after hearing the other three say their bits. "How are we going to gain their trust, though? Maybe show up with some sort of offering, like someone pretending to be a slave?" She sipped her coffee again.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-08-19, 06:58 PM
"Slavers want people who follow orders and don't mind hurting people for some coin. Show you are willing to do both and you should have no problem," Lurgh responds.

Grimtina
2014-08-19, 07:18 PM
"They do recruit from time to time, it's how we got someone in in the first place," Whispershade says. "Usually you have to win their trust, and I think they are only hiring from inside the Garden of Chains - probably because they feel safest on their own ground."

Diachronos
2014-08-20, 10:33 AM
"How did Othine win their trust? Do you think the same thing would work again?"

Grimtina
2014-08-20, 10:52 AM
"Unfortunately, I do not know of her exact methods, but she is usually quite convincing. If I remember right, she wanted to pretend to be a middlewoman for slave sales."

Athaleon
2014-08-21, 01:41 AM
"Whatever she did must not have been convincing. Pretending you're already in the trade is risky: You have to know the business inside and out. They start asking you where you're from, and why they've never heard of you. Pretending to be a slave is riskier still, if you're not a great actor they can spot you out instantly. Slaves have a certain look about them." Garren trailed off for a moment before he finished. "Whatever your cover story is, better to be an outsider looking to get in. Sailor or mercenary looking to settle down with a job in one city. Fugitive from wherever it is you're from, that sort of thing."

Mygicmeen
2014-08-21, 02:46 AM
Before Kean speaks he takes a moment think back to the government of his youth. The burn scar from magic that runs down his face is a stiff reminder. As if he needed it to forget the magocracy. Only governments would come up with the idea of saying it was okay to sell human flesh as if it were a horse and not a person.

Kean moves out of the corner and the shadows. Hes a stout dwarf, a whip at his side, a buckler opposite of that. His hair is brown, and drawn back into a pony tail. He has a scar down his face that has turned one eye a light blue, the tissue around it puckered, pink, and angry. His beard short and utilitarian. He isn't the most attractive dwarf you have ever seen, and his multi-colored eyes are disconcerting.

Kean says, "Infiltrating slavers shouldn't be too difficult. I know I shouldn't have too hard of a time looking the part." Kean absently rubs the leather handle of his coiled whip as he continues, "The real question is, do we beg them for work as thugs? Do we try to bring "slaves" with us? If she hasn't been heard from in a time, it means shes been caught, converted, or dead. It sounds like they dont want anyone looking for her. So she is probably alive. It is unlikely one like her would choose this slaver group over any from her past. Which leaves us with caught."

"Infiltrating the operation seems dicey at best. How long must she survive in their hands? Where will she be carted off to? What is she enduring now? It seems as if we would have to move up in the organization to learn her whereabouts. And we would be closely watched. Why not take the unexpected turn? Why not take a high placed operative, from the streets, or in a smash and grab on the garden of chains itself. I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking after a few poignant questions."

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 02:19 PM
"I can see I picked the right people," Whisperwind nods. "You will be paid, of course, 1500 gold."

Diachronos
2014-08-21, 07:42 PM
Kaylin rubbed her hands together at Kaen's suggestion. "I like the sound of that. Blossom can be pretty persuasive at times." The treant grumbled something in Sylvan and nodded. The Vila turned to Whisperwind. "I assume that's in addition to whatever we manage to get our hands on while doing the job?"

rs2excelsior
2014-08-21, 08:33 PM
Sithundan turns to look at the dwarf, seemingly unperturbed at his sudden appearance. "I like the way this one thinks. With a member of their leadership as our captive, we could gather much more information than as lowly thugs, new to the organization."

Grimtina
2014-08-22, 04:19 AM
"Of course," Whisperwind nods. "Anything you can liberate from those slavers is yours. The more you can rid them of, the better for everyone but them."

Son_of_Meepo
2014-08-22, 12:15 PM
"If we want to take a prisoner, then no one can know who we are working for, or else I would expect that Othine's head would likely be delivered without the rest of her body. She would only be kept alive as long as it benefits the slavers, which means until they find out who sent her."

Lurgh paused for a moment in case anyone had been shocked by his declaration.

"At a minimum we should go to the garden and observe. Let us not fly in there completely blind."

Mygicmeen
2014-08-22, 10:18 PM
"I agree; we shouldn't tell anyone about Mr.Whisperwind. Is anyone good at scouting? Perhaps we will find that an individual always takes lunch somewhere; or maybe they always visit a brothel once a week. We need to know who does what within the organization, their normal routes and duties for the business, and what streets they take to and from work. Perhaps we will get lucky and one of them even takes a rickshaw to work. We should go for the one that makes the most moves, not necessarily the head honcho."

Diachronos
2014-08-22, 11:54 PM
Kaylin stood up, nearly knocking over her mug in the process. "I'm good at staying unseen! Plus I can stay up high where nobody would think to look!"

The treant outside the window made a rumbling sound, causing Kaylin to stomp her foot on the table and turn to him. "That only happened once, and the only reason the seagulls attacked me is because I smelled like fish. Which was because you knocked over that fish cart at the docks!"

Grimtina
2014-08-23, 04:48 AM
Whisperwind smiles, as if remembering some foolish part of his own adventuring. "I leave it in your capable hands then. This place is always open to you to discuss and if needed request materiuals. I must be on my way now, other pressing matters." With that, he bows and makes for the backdoor.

Smileybastard
2014-08-24, 06:29 PM
Fang

Fang nods. "I am no friend to slavers and am happy to help. I volunteer to go in as a slave if it will help get us in. Alternatively I am good as remaining unseen as well."

Mygicmeen
2014-08-24, 08:31 PM
Keann

"I think we are agreed; and Mr. Whisperwind approved. Nabbing a employee of the operation will give us our quickest and safest information. In the interest of keeping Mr. Whisperwind's involment to a minimum, and because the questions I want to ask our new friend might, ah, clash with the decor once we are done, we will need a place to take someone where we wont get a lot of questions. A crumbled building or structure that's uninhabited, a hole in the ground, an abandoned warehouse. Perhaps someone is good at finding this kind of information? We could even rent a basement or something from someone, though I am not sure how much gold that would take. '

"Before we truly begin, my name is Kean Silverfighter and I am handy in a fight. I was forged as a marine medic in an army a long time ago." Turning to the little one and the very tall one, "It is a pleasure to meet you two. Could you two work together, and tomorrow morning start staking out, and gathering information about the residents of the gardens? Perhaps then some of us can find a location to run business out of, we can all meet back here sometime around mid afternoon to continue our plans?"

"As to the rest of us, we will need to find a location to take our captive, shall we meet here in the morning and begin our search? Also, what is everyone's name?"

Diachronos
2014-08-25, 09:41 PM
"I'm Kaylin." The small fey lifted off from the table with a light, almost chiming buzz of her wings. "Do any of you happen to know where the Garden of Chains is, and if there's a group of trees there that could hide a small treant?"

The treant let out a low, growling string of dialog, to which Kaylin responded with a small scowl. "You're too big to sneak around, that's why! Even if you weren't so big, you'd stick out like a sunflower in a rose bush!" Blossom grumbled again, and the Vila threw up her hands with an exasperated look. "You're. A. Walking. Tree! How many of those have we seen since we left the forest? None, that's how many! Even if he doesn't know what we're planning, he's going to be suspicious about a treant following him!"

Blossom made a sound that resembled a sigh, and Kaylin let out a sigh of her own. "I know you want to help, but walking around with us won't help at all. If we can hide you in the garden, you can keep watch for anybody coming through that might be involved with the slavers. You'll be more helpful doing that, and probably better at it than anybody else."

Grimtina
2014-08-26, 11:02 AM
Most of you would have at least heard of the garden and asking how to get there would also be an option, as it is very well known

Son_of_Meepo
2014-08-26, 03:17 PM
"I am called Lurgh," the half-orc replied turning his back to the others. "But I find very few people care to really address me at all. Let's just say I am quite unusual wherever I go." Lurgh tried to hid his toothy maw which he was very self-conscious about now.

"If the garden is not hard to find, then let us set out for it. Perhaps we should split up and take care of our affairs and perhaps a meal before we meet again. But let us separate for the moment in case someone tries to follow one of us."

rs2excelsior
2014-08-26, 11:18 PM
"I am called Sithundan, Earth-Fighter," the squat, dark man rumbles. "I have heard of this place, it will not be difficult to find. Let us prepare ourselves, as the robed one has said."

Athaleon
2014-08-26, 11:27 PM
"I'm Garren", the blond man put in. "I'm ready to go whenever. The longer we delay, the colder the trail will get."

Grimtina
2014-08-28, 12:09 PM
Separately, you leave to take care of your own affairs. Later that evening, you meet up again close to the Garden of Chains. (http://www.krath.org/arania/Broken%20Chains/garden%20of%20chains.jpg) A lot of people are going in and out, so you don't really attract much attention. Even a walking tree is little more than a curiosity here.

The Garden of Chains is gaining a reputation as one of the most hardened, gritty slave auction houses in the city of Katapesh. Located on the outskirts of Twilight Gate, it's run by a collective of both humans and gnolls, who take orders from a bloated gnoll slave-merchant referred to as the Overseer.

The Garden of Chains takes its name from the ruins upon which it was built - an abandoned water garden that once served as a sacred place of contemplation and cleansing. The ruins mark the mouth to one of the city's most ambitious failures, an elaborate qanat system that earlier officials commissioned to help provide cheaper amenities to residents of the district. In the end, crucial design flaws caused a massive crack in the main cistern, bringing the project to a halt. After construction ended, the garden was abandoned, and like many of the buildings in Twilight Gate, the property fell into disrepair. People who talk about it are either angry or amused, but hardly neutral about it.

The Garden of Chains consists of an elaborately excavated pit with two distinct levels, forming a sort of semicircular arena of slave pens that look over a sizable auction-block befor which buyers gather in droves to place bids. A stone semicircle surrounds the top layer. It was once intended to be a water-duct, but the slavers partitioned it into a series of small pens in order to better display their slaves before auction. A curving walkway lines the perimeter, allowing prospective buyers to survey the pens. Sold slaves are also brought here to await their new owners. While plenty of clerks, cooks, customers, and other run-of-the-mill commoners work at or frequent the Garden of Chains, the most slavers and guards stand out.

Each of the seven pens houses 3 or 4 slaves, mostly humans and halflings, but there are some catfolk, half-elf, 2 elves, an orc and a dwarf. On a board next to each pen is a list of claves soon to be displayed, which lists even more exotic races, such as a half-dwarf, a kobold, goblins, hobgoblins, tieflings and gripplis.

At the exchanger's lot it is very busy (D3). Within this cramped room, lines of buyers crowd the desks of various accountants and ledger holders. Two humans slavers keep the room in order as the
bookkeepers furiously scrawl notes and calculate with clacking abacuses.

The floor of the Garden of Chains lies 20 feet below street level. During the day, scores of eager bidders cram the area to bid on slaves as they go up for auction, and activity is still high. The once elaborate mosaic floor lies in disrepair, its faded tiles cracked, chipped, and torn fr ee. In the center stand four columns of weathered stone. The auction block (D4) is currently occupied by 4 female halfling slaves and a gnome male. Slavers parade them across this long platform to display them before the bidders. Slaves must make a display of their talents and worthiness, as it seems, because at least the halflings try very hard to find a buyer. The block stands 10 feet above the floor of the Garden of Chains, and is guarded by two gnolls and two humans.

The auction's barker stands on a rickety wooden platform, frantically calling and accepting bids from the crowd of buyers on the floor. Each time he accepts an offer, he screams, "Closed!" and hands the buyer a stamped purchase slip.

The place has an atmophere of cruelty, business and also entertainment.

Diachronos
2014-08-28, 09:43 PM
Kaylin looked around for the others as she sat upon Blossom's shoulder, the two of them standing off to the side on one of the balconies overlooking the auction block. Blossom was settled in and appeared to be half-asleep to any observers, though the Vila knew that he was wide awake and ready to move if the need arose.

Occasionally she would glance down at the crowds below, making an attempt to pick out any likely targets for interrogation.

Perception to try to see if anybody looks like they're a big part of the slave trade in some way:
[roll0]

Kinda wishing I'd prepared Wood Shape so I can screw with the auction barker XD

Grimtina
2014-08-29, 04:07 AM
The auction barker seems a likely target - he doesn't even need to look at a paper to know who the slaves are or what they are worth, or who they belong to.

Smileybastard
2014-08-29, 09:56 PM
Fang

Fang wanders the area looking for anything out of place, anything unusual. He towers over most of the people. His odd mixture of elf and orc drawing attention more than most.

Perception 1d20_+12

Athaleon
2014-08-29, 10:05 PM
Garren feigned casual interest in the auction proceedings, as he tried to remain mindful of his companions and their moves. It looked like Kaylin meant to move on the auction barker, who seemed as good a target as any. Garren briefly wondered if he might try another angle in the meantime, but quickly dismissed the notion - The party had to remain on the same page, and avoid splitting up.

Mygicmeen
2014-08-30, 12:27 AM
[roll0] Where are the armed personal? How many of them are there? Where are the exits? What is the likely path the auctioneer will take down from the stage?
Hopefully just quiet enough for the group to hear
"Alright guys, from what I can see, we have two options. We make a distraction, and then we nab the man with the fast tongue in the chaos. Or we could mosey over next to those gnolls and humans and incapacitate them at the same time. What do you guys think? Or maybe we could each cast something to help us and then attack the guards. I can help us with our attacks, and brace us against fear. Who knows what would happen if we let the slaves free.."

Diachronos
2014-08-30, 01:04 AM
Kaylin thought for a moment before shaking her head. "Setting the slaves free would kind of defeat our employer's purpose. It'll give us a distraction, yes, but how many of them will get hurt or killed in the process?" She tapped her chin as she looked over the scene down below. "I could drop a few summoned creatures in the middle of the crowd and have them cause a panic. If the auctioneer tries to run, we follow and catch him."

Smileybastard
2014-08-30, 08:31 AM
Fang

Fangs expression changes to one of disbelief. "Don't you think there are a few too many people to just fight or kidnap the focus of everyone's attention? Maybe follow him afterward or something. I am not here to commit suicide."

Mygicmeen
2014-08-30, 12:50 PM
"I see nothing wrong with following him after, though I sort of clank loudly... Perhaps I can follow your lead when the auctioneer takes his leave? And as for suicide, I'm sure the patrons would be too shocked to try and stop us, and incapacitating those guards around the auctioneer shouldn't take but seconds. I haven't gotten a full count of all the guards on the premises though, maybe we should look around some more to see the odds? The auctioneer doesn't seem to be leaving"

Grimtina
2014-09-01, 05:27 AM
There are 2 gnolls and 2 humans guarding the slaves on the auction block, one gnoll with the barker, 2 gnolls at the trough where water used to be in, several gnoll and humans going up and down from the slave pens, and there had been several guards, at least 4, in the exchange and at the doors. There may be others about not so easy to see. All of them carry clubs, whips or flails, and some of the humans have daggers. They are in light to medium leather armor, and in addition to their weapons the humans openly carry at least one set of manacles, silk rope and everburning torches (usually stuck to their belts). Only the gnoll with the barker wears a leather vest, the others are running around as good as naked, with only a loincloth and belt. But they also carry manacles and hemp rope.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-09-01, 06:36 AM
Lurgh agreed with the idea that starting a fight now was not the greatest idea. He would sit back and observe the proceedings from a distance, waiting for the moment to get one of the slavers alone.

Grimtina
2014-09-01, 07:42 AM
Not too long after, there is a break in the auctions, with some slaves starting to sweek the floors to make everything look presentable again. The barker moves to the back exit, walking like someone tired from standing too long. The gnoll guard doesn't follow him, seemingly just being there to prevent the bidders from trampling the guy.

Diachronos
2014-09-01, 03:16 PM
Kaylin stood and watched the barker headed toward one of the back rooms. Things had quieted down a little, though the guards were still present. She turned to her companions and grinned as she pulled out a couple of feathers. "Think now would be a good time for a distraction?"

Athaleon
2014-09-01, 11:08 PM
"As good a time as any, unless we're following this guy home" Garren said under his breath.

Smileybastard
2014-09-01, 11:37 PM
Fang

"I love a good fight, more than the next guy, but yes lets see where he goes."

Smileybastard
2014-09-02, 05:12 AM
Fang

With that Fang heads out of the building.

Fang heads out of the building via the public entrance if different than the back one with the intent of swinging around the building and then following the auctioneer.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-09-02, 07:03 PM
Lurgh nods to Kaylin determined to follow the barker the same way he left.

Grimtina
2014-09-02, 07:42 PM
The barker disappears outside, and hen leans against a gnarled tree, lightning a pipe and closing his eyes. "Darn buyers," he mumbled under his breath. "Darn slaves."

Diachronos
2014-09-02, 08:20 PM
Kaylin nudged Blossom and pointed after Fang. "Go with him, he might need your help." The Treant nodded and followed after the half-orc while Kaylin looked up toward the ceiling for any places where she could slip into unseen.

[roll0] to spot anything that a foot-tall creature could hide behind on the ceiling. Chandelier, roof support beam, anything like that.

Mygicmeen
2014-09-02, 10:50 PM
Kean follows Lurgh, looking like a dwarf with a mission.

Grimtina
2014-09-03, 06:45 AM
The place really has no holes to hide in, all the illumination comes from everburning lights and permanent daylight spells.

rs2excelsior
2014-09-03, 10:39 PM
Sithundan had been following the others for most of this. He trails Lurgh and Kean as they move toward the auctioneer. "You two go ahead. I shall watch for guards who may intervene."

Perception check: [roll0]

Diachronos
2014-09-03, 10:56 PM
Kaylin frowned and shifted in Blossom's branches. Nothing to hide around, so she'd just have to hope that nobody saw her. She flew up from his branches and up to the ceiling, moving until she was directly over the wooden platform that the barker had been standing on. Once she was sure that nobody was on the platform, she cracked the feather in her hands. The feather instantly morphed into a large anchor and came crashing down onto the platform.

Stealth check to not be seen when the anchor falls: [roll0]

Also, Myth-Weavers keeps unmarking my class skills for some reason, so those earlier Perception checks should've been 3 higher, but whatever.

Athaleon
2014-09-04, 06:45 PM
Garren stayed with Sithundan, in case he had to assist against any guards. If nothing else, he could buy time while the other party members escaped with their captive.

Grimtina
2014-09-09, 03:28 AM
With a loud crashing sound, the anchor breaks a hole into the wooden platform. Everyone's eyes turn, most people jump up and draw their weapons, and the slaves on stage cower on the ground in fear. "Calm down everyone," someone shouts. "It is just an... anchor? Lock the place, something's wrong!"

Smileybastard
2014-09-09, 06:54 PM
Fang

Fang hears the crash from within the slave auction house, but ignores it searching for the auctioneer.

perception [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-09-09, 08:42 PM
The auctioneers are still on stage, the barker however is outside leaning on a tree smoking

Diachronos
2014-09-09, 08:55 PM
Kaylin flitted across the ceiling toward the wall, praying that nobody spotted her before she found a way out.

[roll0] - Perception to locate a way out, preferably one that is higher up and would take longer for the guards to reach, like a window or something
[roll1] - Stealth to be a freaking ninja

Grimtina
2014-09-11, 02:39 AM
No windows, but there are ventilation slits close to the roof. No one notices anything

Diachronos
2014-09-12, 09:00 PM
Kaylin squeezed into the nearest vent that looked big enough, having to fold her wings to keep them from being damaged as she crawled through. Once she rounded the first corner, she touched the ring on her right hand and spoke a few words, and a bright light started shining from the ring. At least now it wouldn't be dark in the tunnel, though she really hoped that the turn in the vent would keep anybody from noticing the light from down below.

Casting Light on her Ring of Sustenance

Son_of_Meepo
2014-09-13, 11:34 AM
Lurgh decided to look around, see if anyone else was watching before making his move.

Perception: [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-09-13, 01:32 PM
Fang

Fang begins to walk towards the man leaning n the tree. He looks around to examine the situation in terms of what might be able to be used against the man or could interfere.

Perception [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-09-13, 01:36 PM
Lurgh can't see anyone who pays much attention. Everyone is focusing on the crash on the floor.

Fang can see that the barker is totally oblivious to his surroundings, or even the shouts from inside. Whatever he is smoking smells sweet and spicey, and it's not just tobacco.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-09-13, 02:12 PM
Seeing Fang, Lurgh gives him a very slight nod and approaches the barker.

Smileybastard
2014-09-13, 04:48 PM
Fang

Fang begins to walk towards the Barker.

Grimtina
2014-09-14, 12:57 PM
It takes a moment before the barker notices he isn't alone anymore. "Now whaddaya want?" he mumbles, clearly intoxicated. "I canna help ya with cheap rates, no I canna."

Son_of_Meepo
2014-09-15, 08:29 PM
Lurgh looks at the barker, trying to keep a serious and stern expression on his face.

"There is trouble inside. You need to come with us. We keep you safe."

He was not really a good liar, but Lurgh had hoped that the man was too drunk to notice.

Bluff: [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-09-18, 05:47 AM
"There is?" The man tries to spin around and barely catches himself on the tree before falling. "Ain't got no mind for trouble I don't. Sssshow me where to go. I fear I've had a teeenie bit too musssh of thishhh."

rs2excelsior
2014-09-18, 02:32 PM
Seeing that the others are leading the barker away, Sithundan follows them, continuing to watch for pursuit (or anyone watching who can raise the alarm). He pulls his longbow from his pack, trying to look as inconspicuous as a short, armed man who weighs more than 200 pounds possibly can.

Perception Check: [roll0]
Hopefully this goes better than last time...

Athaleon
2014-09-18, 02:54 PM
Garren blinked a little in surprise. This was turning out to be much easier than he'd thought. He took his hand off the pommel of his sword and hurried to rejoin the group leading the barker away.

Smileybastard
2014-09-18, 08:33 PM
Fang

Fang keeps his eyes open for anyone paying attention to them.

Perception [roll0]

Grimtina
2014-09-21, 06:32 AM
The only one looking in your direction is a female guard of a merchant who has just exited the chaos in the building. "Is Sayid high again?" she chuckles. "He always manages to get high when there's exitement in there, one oculd think he causes it. Get him home safe."

Diachronos
2014-10-17, 12:43 AM
The treant grumbled worriedly as Kaylin disappeared into the vent, but he followed the others out back. He stood beside the others as they approached the drunken barker, trying his best to appear as unthreatening as a treant in the middle of a city could look.

After a few minutes, Kayling pulled herself free of the vent and flopped down onto the ledge below, staring up at the sky. Her breathing was a little heavy after climbing and crawling through such a cramped space, but it was nothing that a short rest wouldn't fix. If anything she was more aggravated at the dust and cobwebs clinging to her clothes and hair. "I'm going to need a bath after all of this..."