PDA

View Full Version : Soon... Transformers in D&D... mech suits? spell jammer?

HorridElemental
2014-08-18, 12:25 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/press-release-hasbro-shapeways-expand-partnership-to-new-properties-including-transformers/31096/

I like the idea of transformers 5e d&d... How about y'all?

obryn
2014-08-18, 12:34 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/press-release-hasbro-shapeways-expand-partnership-to-new-properties-including-transformers/31096/

I like the idea of transformers 5e d&d... How about y'all?
I don't see that in the press release, but "Transformers in D&D" would get me on board with 5e in a hurry.

Also, they're still using the 4e logo here.

HorridElemental
2014-08-18, 01:33 PM
I don't see that in the press release, but "Transformers in D&D" would get me on board with 5e in a hurry.

Also, they're still using the 4e logo here.

Not in the press release but it is only time... This could lead to a lot of interesting things.

rlc
2014-08-18, 04:29 PM
...did you not know that transformers was owned by hasbro, or something?

Telwar
2014-08-18, 08:38 PM
...did you not know that transformers was owned by hasbro, or something?

And yet they never thought to do a d20 Modern G.I. Joe setting. (sigh)

Sir_Leorik
2014-08-18, 09:14 PM
What about the Inhumanoids? Could we get Metlar and company in one of the Monster Manuals? :smallbiggrin:

Scirocco
2014-08-18, 10:50 PM
There actually was a third-party OGL Transformers game (sans the trademark) called Mechamorphosis.

Sir_Leorik
2014-08-19, 01:23 PM
There actually was a third-party OGL Transformers game (sans the trademark) called Mechamorphosis.

I got that game, but never had a chance to run it. I did play in an anime themed 3.0 game years ago, in which I played a Predacon from Beast Wars (an original character, not a member of Megatron's band of criminals). My PC was a female Predacon Rogue with a fox alt-mode, named Vixen. She was the mechanic of a Pred starcruiser, which crashed on a planet where a bunch of Super Saiyans were doing Super Saiyan-ish stuff.

HorridElemental
2014-08-19, 01:50 PM
I got that game, but never had a chance to run it. I did play in an anime themed 3.0 game years ago, in which I played a Predacon from Beast Wars (an original character, not a member of Megatron's band of criminals). My PC was a female Predacon Rogue with a fox alt-mode, named Vixen. She was the mechanic of a Pred starcruiser, which crashed on a planet where a bunch of Super Saiyans were doing Super Saiyan-ish stuff.

BESM: Big Eyes Small Mouth, I have the 3.5 version of this.

Tons of fun.

Sir_Leorik
2014-08-19, 04:00 PM
BESM: Big Eyes Small Mouth, I have the 3.5 version of this.

Tons of fun.

This was before BESM was released for the d20 system. The DM just did lots of house ruling. :smallwink:

TheOOB
2014-08-20, 01:27 AM
That exists already, it's called Exalted :P

Leon
2014-08-20, 01:39 AM
Other than the 2 brands being in a small graphic side by side (along with several other brands) i don't see how this has anything to do with the Transformers franchise being in 5e. Hasbro owns a lot of stuff and that article seems to about 3d printing and product lines to do with it.

Joe the Rat
2014-08-20, 07:42 AM
Aren't Warforged Druids and urban altmodes already a thing?

I'd figure M&M (or almost any superhero) game would be a better starting point. That said, having an exotic skyship that changes into a mechanical colossus would be a memorable encounter.

Also beware assumptions on Hasbro cross-pollenization, lest you find yourself swarmed by pastel pegasi and unicorns...