PDA

View Full Version : Is Mystic Fire Knight worth it?

Mr Adventurer
2014-08-18, 06:38 PM
The extra spells are great, especially with Battle Blessing, but is it worth giving up Turn Undead for?

The other levels just seem to be a straight upgrade...

Fax Celestis
2014-08-18, 06:42 PM
Turn Undead on a paladin is basically useless except for qualifying for things.

Warlocknthewind
2014-08-18, 06:59 PM
As long as your actually actually doing something with the spells, such as Battle Blessing, or Sword of the Arcane Order.

Getting into a prestiege class that adds a domain may also be something useful.

Spantaneous Healer + Versitile Spellcaster + Sword of the Arcane Order = Fifths, since you can get spells you don't have the slots to cast (I may be entirely wrong, but I don't see paladins spending two feats to get fifths as broken by any means, so I allow it.)

Mr Adventurer
2014-08-19, 02:11 AM
Are SotAO spells Wizard spells or Paladin spells?

And yeah, I'm thinking about Divine feats or Devotion feats...

Flickerdart
2014-08-19, 02:52 AM
Are SotAO spells Wizard spells or Paladin spells?
Wizard spells. Battle Blessing doesn't work on them.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-19, 03:21 AM
I typically endorse trading Turn Undead for Divine Counterspell in CM if you're sticking with the class, especially with a dip in Cloistered Cleric to get TU to fuel Divine Defiance.

Mr Adventurer
2014-08-19, 06:47 AM
The first sub level of MFK drops TU, so you couldn't have both it and Divine Counterspell - and it's that first level which gives you the extra spells.

I had thought that there were some Divine feats you wouldn't want to miss out on as a Paladin (though I didn't have anything specific in mind), or Devotion feats. But I guess spells trump all.

Is there a SotAO handbook?

Fax Celestis
2014-08-19, 08:59 AM
Wizard spells. Battle Blessing doesn't work on them.

Not without Alternative Source Spell, anyway...

Amphetryon
2014-08-19, 09:17 AM
Turn Undead on a paladin is basically useless except for qualifying for things.

This. If you need TU that much, dip Sacred Exorcist or Knight of the Raven, for two off-the-cuff options.

Larkas
2014-08-19, 10:11 AM
Not without Alternative Source Spell, anyway...

That'll only make the spells divine, not paladin.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-19, 10:27 AM
That'll only make the spells divine, not paladin.

Oh, true.

Still, there are some shenanigans (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?47445-Paladin-Spellcaster) to add things onto your paladin list, mostly via Initiate feats.