PDA

View Full Version : Ways to make time move faster

Kevingway
2014-08-18, 10:27 PM
I'm just doing mental exercises, and I was wondering if there were some way to speed up the flow of time (possibly in a demiplane or something, and the means of acquiring your own demiplane) for the means of rearing a dragon. I want to make use of the Handle Animal skill and dragonriding without going into all of the sub-par classes and feats that offer knock-off ways of doing so or cheap buffs to someone who's already acquired a dragon mount. I'm also not keen on simply convincing an adult dragon to be my mount, since that takes away from the flavor of having a true dragon companion.

So yeah, anybody know of multiple ways to speed up time to make a rearing time bearable?

(Un)Inspired
2014-08-19, 02:04 AM
Just try to enjoy it. The time will go by way faster.

KingAtomsk
2014-08-19, 08:13 AM
The arcane spell Genesis creates a demiplane which could be created with a fast-time trait. Or you could have a caster with Epic Spellcasting use Spark of Life to create a dragon hatchling for you -the seeds in that spell allow an option to shorten the time it takes for the creature to reach maturity.

Necroticplague
2014-08-19, 08:55 AM
Planar Sheperd attuned to a plane with the fast-time trait. Most common example is Dal-quor, but the Reign of Dreams works as well.

bjoern
2014-08-19, 09:29 AM
I was thumbing through the ELH a few weeks ago and noticed some epic skill checks. Skill DCs in the triple digits let you do things like tumble on clouds, balance on water, and fully train a dragon in one round.

Kevingway
2014-08-19, 06:09 PM
I was thumbing through the ELH a few weeks ago and noticed some epic skill checks. Skill DCs in the triple digits let you do things like tumble on clouds, balance on water, and fully train a dragon in one round.

If only that applied to rearing. :(

sideswipe
2014-08-19, 06:19 PM

be a psion and keep time hopping yourself. at level 10 you skip a minute when you do. so you do an action or two and time hop. its not large jumps but with 140 pp a day (very do-able) you can skip 20 minutes, more with increasing manifester level. without high level shenanigans, its the first that came to mind.

bjoern
2014-08-19, 06:20 PM

It might have. I'd check on it. I didn't pay too close attention I just thought some of the stuff was absurd. Some of the stuff was bordering on bluffing your way out of taking falling damage.

Necroticplague
2014-08-19, 06:44 PM
It might have. I'd check on it. I didn't pay too close attention I just thought some of the stuff was absurd. Some of the stuff was bordering on bluffing your way out of taking falling damage.

Conveniently, all of them are listed here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm). Its all absurd because its designed for the level of play where characters are, power-wise, demigods, or at least close.

And a side note, avoiding fall damage is a very high Tumble check, bluff just lets you emulate a Suggestion and protect yourself from some Detect spells.

Irk
2014-08-19, 07:28 PM
Planar Bubble spell with Genesis and the Fast Time trait or +100 to the DC of a Handle Animal Check to rear the animal in 1 minute.

-Beast Tamer Circlet bound to Totem Chakra, +2 Essentia Totem Chakra bonus (Totemist 15), Improved Soulmeld Capacity, and an Incarnum Focus: +18
-Item Familiar + Own Ranks: +46
-Item: +20
-Motivate Charisma (Marshal 1) + CHA (26): +16
-Animal Affinity + Skill Focus: +5
-Exemplar 2: Take 10
TOTAL: 115
Unfortunately, this could only rear a 0 HD animal in 1 minute, and I haven't really gone bonus diving.

Kevingway
2014-08-19, 07:48 PM
Planar Bubble spell with Genesis and the Fast Time trait or +100 to the DC of a Handle Animal Check to rear the animal in 1 minute.

-Beast Tamer Circlet bound to Totem Chakra, +2 Essentia Totem Chakra bonus (Totemist 15), Improved Soulmeld Capacity, and an Incarnum Focus: +18
-Item Familiar + Own Ranks: +46
-Item: +20
-Motivate Charisma (Marshal 1) + CHA (26): +16
-Animal Affinity + Skill Focus: +5
-Exemplar 2: Take 10
TOTAL: 115
Unfortunately, this could only rear a 0 HD animal in 1 minute, and I haven't really gone bonus diving.

Doesn't apply to rearing, though. Only teaching/training.